Cowboy Bebop Fan Fiction ❯ Mars + Heaven: Side Stories ❯ Upbeat, Happy, and Poppy ( Chapter 10 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Upbeat, Happy, and Poppy

Mandy decided to do something different today. She was going to be upbeat and perky today. Let's see how that is going to turn out.

“Good morning!” Mandy said with a huge smile on her face. Soot gave her a strange look.

“Are you feeling okay?” he asked.

“Of course I am! Why wouldn't I be?” she asked. Her fellow intern backed away, looking concerned with a strange look on his face.

“What?” she asked.

“You are scaring me,” he said. “What the hell is this? Am I on some hidden camera show?”

“No,” Mandy said, shaking her head. Soot laughed, pointing at her.

“That's a good one!” he said. “Really good! You got me there.” Mandy's smile started to wilt as she shook her head.

“No…” she said. Soot stopped laughing.

“I'm being serious,” Mandy said. He started backing away again.

“Come on! Soot! Nothing is wrong! I am just trying to be upbeat and perky today!” she shouted. The boy turned and ran off.

“Come back here!” she shouted. Mandy reached out for him.

“Come on!” she shouted. Soot was already gone. She dropped her arm by her side. The girl clicked her tongue.

“Damn it,” she said under her breath. Still, she will not give up. It was still morning after all. She could do this.

Ein sat on the floor, watching her. If he could shake his head, he would.