Cowboy Bebop Fan Fiction ❯ Stay With You, Stay With Me ❯ One-Shot

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Menacing-Shadows
Stay With You, Stay With Me
Cowboy Bebop
Romance (One-Shot)
I do not own Cowboy Bebop…
Summary: Jet has gone on vacation and left the Bebop in the hands of Faye and Spike. Spike opens up about his feelings for Julia to Faye. Faye tries to help him with Julia.


“Damn…what the hell did I drink last night?” Spike came out of his room on the Bebop. Faye was already up sitting on the couch.

“Good morning.” Faye said to Spike as he came down the stairs.

“Ugh…the hell it is.” Spike replied.

“Today is great!” Faye exclaimed.

“Why are you so happy? Find a new bounty?”

“Uh no. Jet is gone and he has left the Bebop to us. That makes one less person to take care of.”

“What about Ed and Ein?” Spike said still groggy.

“What the hell is wrong with you today?” Faye asked curiously.

“I got a lot on my mind.”

“That's why you got so drunk last night. Is that why you were moaning in your sleep last night too?”

“What? What are you talking about?” Spike said.

“You look like you are still in your hangover. You were moaning in your sleep too. Something about…hmmm…damn, I forgot. Maybe it was Julia?” Faye said to herself.

“Maybe. I did have a dream about her last night.”

“Let me check your sheets before you continue.” Faye jeered.

“Not that kind, it was about her and I though. What the hell kind of year are we living in? Hasn't dream watching been invented yet?”

“You can tell me. I have been around the track a few times. Remember, I have the wisdom of an eighty year old but have the beauty of a twenty year old.”

“Well, I haven't talked to Julia in a long time.” Spike said softly.

“Mmhmm…and?” Faye got up to turn off their TV.

“I was in love with her…”

“Heh, heh, ahahahahahah… You gotta be kidding me. You have seen too much to fall into that trap. Remember all that you've done. You know how many people you have killed?”

“Yeah, too many. Maybe I am not good enough for love.” Spike sat down and stared at the floor.

“Well anyway, what was your dream?”

“I met Julia in a bar. We talked for a while. Then Vicious came and took her. There was nothing I could do about it. I couldn't protect her. I couldn't move. It was as if I was petrified.”

“Hmmm…Well from what I hear you…” Faye looked to see Ein having a seizure. He was just trying to get attention.

“Do you think my dream is actually a clue to my future?”

“Well what else happened?” Faye demanded.

“Well Vicious took her and they left. She wasn't forced to go either. I wanted to tell her that I wanted to be with her. I couldn't talk as well.” Spike began to get teary eyed.

“Well, what would you say to her if you had the chance to tell her how you feel?” Faye asked suspiciously.

“I don't know what I would say.”

“Pretend I am her. Just let it out.” Faye said.

Spike began his long emotional opening. “I do not know how to say this but I am in love with you. I feel weird saying this but every time I am around you I feel happy. I just want to stay in your presence forever. I know that you probably don't love me because we have known each other for a long time and been the best of friends but I am in love with you and I can't change that. I really can't live without you. I know you now think I am a freak and you don't want to talk to me anymore but I want to be friends still even if you don't feel the same. Please don't let this change our friendship.”

“Wow, I didn't know you actually felt that way…” Faye said as Spike let tears fall.

“You can say what you want but I think I need another drink,” he said softly. “You know, I am glad that I have a friend that I can talk to. You really are a blessing to me. I don't know what I would do without you except have more money. Heh, thanks for being there for me.”

“You will be fine. I know you can handle this. Don't worry too much. Julia won't think what you think she will.”

“How can I be sure?” Spike questioned.

“Well…”

“What did you want to tell me?” Julia came from behind him.

“Julia!?” Spike gasped.

“I will leave you two alone.” Faye left the living room of the ship and went to her own room.

“Julia…I…” Spike was speechless.

“We haven't spoken in a long time. This space is a little too public. Do have any place more private?”

“We could go to my room, uh I mean, damn it!” Spike stuttered.

“Its okay.” Julia giggled. “I know what you meant to say.”

Spike led Julia to his room. She followed behind him slowly still giggling. She walked enjoying the interior of the ship.

“I am so stupid.” Spike said to himself.

“No, you're not.” Julia reassured.

“If you say so.” Spike agreed. Julia was the take charge kind of girl. She was like Faye except for the fact the Spike was in love with Julia so he followed her orders. Spike laughed at himself.

“Is this it?” Julia finally said.

“Yes.” Spike walked into the room and turned on a dim lamp. He turned it off as fast as he turned it on. Julia stepped in cautiously.

“This is a nice place. I love the lighting.”

“Let me uhm, make it better.” Spike lit a candle and sat on his bed.

“So what did you want to say?” Julia asked as she walked to shut the door.

“Ever since I have met you, I have had these thoughts that were opposing to my way of life. I am a murderer. My thoughts were of love.”

“That's ironic.” Julia said smiling.

“I love your smile.” Spike was hypnotized.

“I knew it.”

“What?”

“You…” Julia stopped.

“Yeah?” Spike asked.

“Tell me what you think.”

“Oh…I don't know how to say this…”

“Tell me, who do you like?”

“What?” Spike became embarrassed.

“C’mon. Tell me.” She insisted.

“Can’t you ask Faye?”

“Why?”

“I don't want to lie to you…”

“Then tell me. I want to hear it from you.”

“…You…” A slow hush fell upon the candle lit the room as Spike spoke this one word.

“…Somehow, deep down inside, I knew it was me…I could tell be the way you acted around me.”

“…Are you mad…?”

“No, it doesn't surprise me. I am glad that I heard it from you.”

“…”

“What now?” Julia asked.

“I…really don't know…what to say. Now that you know…”

“It's okay.” Julia said. She took off her black trench coat and lay down on Spike's bed.

“Uhm.” Spike stood up. He heard Faye feeding Ein then heard her go into the shower. The door slammed as soon as the water came on.

“Who is the girl you live with here?” Julia suddenly asked.

“Her name is Faye. She has been my best friend for three years I guess. The dog is Ein. There is also Ed but I don't know where the hell he is. The owner of this place isn't here either. His name is Jet.” Spike answered.

“Lay down. You look tired after telling me…” Julia said compassionately.

“Okay…” Spike lay down on the bed next to Julia.

“Tell me what you are thinking of right now?”

“I am thinking of what to do…”

“What do you mean?” Julia asked.

“This.” Spike told her. Spike got on his side and faced Julia.

Julia had closed her eyes but she didn't sleep. She waited to see what Spike would do.

Spike swept the blonde hair off her face. Then he ran his fingers through her hair slowly. He let the back of his hand stroke her cheek gently. He heard her breathing slowly and softly. He went to lay a kiss on her lips. Then he spoke.

“I…want to stay with you…will you…stay with me?” The aroma of the candle filled the room. Spike and Julia were still lying on the bed in the dark but peaceful room.

“I will…Can I ask you something?”

“You just did.” Spike said playfully.

“Do we deserve to love?”

“You do. I know I don't. I don't think there is a man good enough for you anyway.”

Julia pushed Spike on his back. She pinned him down with her hands on his chest. They smiled and laughed. Spike put out his arms and they lay there holding each other for what seemed like hours.

“Spike, why do you love me?” Julia said out of nowhere.

“I love you because of who you are.”

“What the hell is that response?” Julia laughed.

“Who cares.” Julia took off his shirt to reveal Spike's hardened muscles. They had to be hard because of all the fighting he had been through. She looked at his hands.

“What happened?”

“All of the…fist fighting…”

“You don't use your gun all the time?” she asked curiously.

“No…”

“I love a man who doesn't always take the easy way out!” Julia began to kiss him.

Faye walked into the room to see Julia in her body tight black shirt and pants. Spike lay in his blue pants. They all stared at each other.

“I guess I can see that you are busy…” Faye walked out backwards.

Once again, Spike and Julia laughed and continued their kissing.


Authors Note: This is my very first story so I would like to dedicate it to the Goo Goo Dolls who are my favorite band and have endured for many years even though it took them almost ten years to be recognized as a great artist. Thanks to John Rzeznik, Robby Takac, and Mike Malinin of the Goo Goo Dolls!!!

A TRIBUTE TO THE GOO GOO DOLLS (thanks for making great music for 20 years!)