Cowboy Bebop Fan Fiction ❯ The Search for the Truth ❯ Mother ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
A/N: Yo homies. I don't own Cowboy Bebop and only when I take over the world will I. I neglected to say this on the first chapter, but I didn't own it then either... which blows.

What to expect from this chapter: Confusion, darkness, dudes with guns, and a wild, possibly life threatening, car chase that will bring Mother and daughter closer!

So anyway my little subordinates, don't die, eat some gelatin, AND READ MY DAMN STORY WENCH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! On with the show! ^.^

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

It was several hours later and it was getting darker outside which in turn made the room even darker. Willow must have searched around the rooms a million times for something to occupy her time, but when Vicious said all his important things were locked up he really meant every thing in the room. The only thing that she could physically move was the very chair she was spinning in as she heard the office door unlock.

She stopped spinning as she heard a key slid into the lock of the giant double doors. Willow tried not to panic as the thought of more punishment from vicious came into her head. She thought of place to hide but there was no where. She turned her back towards the door as she saw light spill in the room and cast a shadow of the chair in which she sat on the dark carpet.

"Willow?"

That's not the voice she expected. Instead of Vicious piercing male voice, Willow heard a soft feminine voice. She loved that voice more than anything else in the world.

"Willow? Sweets are you in here?" The voice asked again as she heard them step on to the carpet.

"MOTHER!!!" Willow sprang out of the seat and ran into to Julia's arms. Her Mother's embrace was so warm and caring, and she always smelled like the autumn breeze and fresh baked butter cookies. As she latched on to her mother, she began to cry.

"There, there. It's all right now." Julia cooed into Willow's hair. She pushed her daughter back a little and gently touched her cheek. Even her gentle touched caused Willow to flinch with pain.

"Did Vicious do this to you?" Julia asked her daughter with a look of horror, disgust, and sympathy smeared across her face.

Willow nodded yes and felt like smiling even though she was in so much pain. Her Mother was the only one who knew how truly horrible Vicious was. She was disgusted in him, just as Willow was, which was just another reason why he could not possibly be her daughter. Willow knew her Mother had more sense then to give her self to a pig such as Vicious.

"Come on love, we best go clean up your cheek." She said as she helped her daughter to her feet.

"But V..." Now it even hurt Willow to talk.

"Forget Vicious, I'm your Mother and that will get infected if it is not taken care of soon." Julia said sternly and lead her daughter out of the room and down the hall.

Willow was blinded by the light for a few seconds after being in that dark room for so long. When she finally could open them though, she noticed that Julia was leading her away from the medical room.

"Mom, don't we want to go the other way?" She asked still in a small daze from the light.

"If I bring you there, then They'll just tell Vicious and you'll be beat again." Julia responded. Willow noticed how her Mother looked like she was in pain when she said Vicious.

"Then where are we going?" Confusion was dancing on Willow's words.

Julia looked at her daughter and smiled, "To my house. There, you can properly heal, get good meals, not be threatened by Vicious, and we can catch up. I have something's to tell you that you should have learned about long before."

Willow smiled, which also hurt very much, but she didn't care. She had never been to her Mother's house, but did so long to go. It had always been off limits and if she even suggested it she would be punished severely. The only home Willow had ever know was in a small little extra room that the syndicate used to use for storage.

As they entered the parking lot and Willow climbed into the passenger seat of her Mother's shiny black car, nothing but good thoughts filled her head. She couldn't wait to see her Mother's home. Was it big? Was it small? Where was it located? She was also very excited to finally find things out. She and Julia had so much catching up to do, so much to share. Julia backed the car out very slowly, as if one false move could kill them, which it very well could. She made the car as unnoticeable as it could possibly be. She turned off all lights and music, drove slower then a snail, and tried to make herself seem smaller and less noticeable in the front seat. As the scooted towards the edge of the parking lot, Willow let a small gasp escape her lips. She had completely forgot all about the guards that guarded the parking lots. The strolled with high authority (even though they were the least important people of the syndicate) on a ledge that over looked the parking lot. They wore the same long black coats as all syndicate member wore, and toted large guns at there side. Willow groaned a little. Her Mother and her were never going to get out of this!

Julia smiled at her daughter and ran the back of her hand gently across her good cheek, "Don't worry," She whispered, "I'm going to get you out of here. I promise."

Julia took a small cellphone out of her pocket and dialed a number. She put the phone on speaker phone in the car and told Willow to start crying like there was no tomorrow.

"But why?" Willow asked giving her Mother a confused look.

"Just do it!" She replied as whoever she called answered the phone.

"What?" Answered a gruff male voice.

On cue, Willow started to bawl her eyes out. It really wasn't that hard for her to do, she just had to imagine Vicious had found them.

"Oh lord help us," Julia screamed in a frantic southern accent, "these two thugs just beat up my poor lil dumplin' and took mah purse!!!"

Willow had to hold back as hard as she could from laughing. She barely got to see her mother, and when she did, she never acted like this!

"Well miss," Replied the voice, "Where did this take place?"

"Tha east end of tha parkin' lot! Hurry please sir! He had a gun!!!"

"A gun? This is more serious than I thought. I'll be right down!"

"Thank ya sir!"

"No problem, mam."

Willow looked up at the two guards. One had just hung up a phone and gestured to the other man to follow him. As soon as they were out of sight, Julia slammed her foot down and went speeding away from the syndicate. They reached the highway and started to crisscross in and out of people. Willow gripped her seat. She was scared to death, yet oddly having fun at the same time. Finally, after nearly getting run over by exactly three semi's, Julia pulled into an alleyway that was far off the road.

Out of breath she tuned off her car and fell back against the seat. Willow couldn't take it any more. She started to laugh. She laughed so hard she forgot all about the wound on her cheek and her crazy "Father". She laughed as if near death experiences were the funniest things in the world.

"I didn't know you were southern." Willow paused for a while to look at her Mother.

"Well shucks little lady! I had no idea you had such strong lungs with all that cryin' and carryin' on!" Julia replied in her southern tone.

The two looked at each other for a brief moment, only to laugh there hearts out a few moments later. A tear slid down Willow's cheek, and she was glad she could say it was just from laughing so hard even though it wasn't. This was the first time she had laughed with her Mother since she was two. This was the first real adventure and fun they ever had together, and she never wanted it to ever end.

After a while things calmed down. It was now pitch black outside. Julia leaned over and wrapped her arms around her daughter, while lightly placing a kiss on her forehead. Willow snuggled against Julia and they both sat that way for what only seemed like 3 seconds, but what was really more like 45 minutes.

"I missed you Mom." Willow whispered to her Mother.

"I missed you too honey." She whispered back, tightening her grip on her.

"I swear Mom, one day we won't have to worry about this. I'll kick Vicious' ass, Mom, just wait and see! He'll be sorry he messed with me!"

Julia laughed to Willow's surprise, "Your just like your Father..."

Willow's eyes went wide, "M-my Father?"

"Come now, you don't think Vicious was really your Father, now do you?"

Willow vigorously shook her head, "No, but who is my Father?!?! You've got to tell me!!!"

Julia smiled at her little girl and returned to her seat. She started the car again and began to back out on to the road.

"I'll tell you everything as soon as we reach home."

Willow sighed and stared out the window, "My real Father," She whispered to herself, "I'm going to find out who my real Father is!"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Beef: *GASP!* Well, I hope you liked it!!! Sorry it took so long to update, my computer is a wench and wouldn't negotiate with me. Blast it. If I owned microsoft, it would become a donut selling agency and none of this would happen!!!!!