Crescent Moon Fan Fiction ❯ A Walk in the Park ❯ One-Shot

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Thought this up last night with the mental picture of Mahiru pressing Mitsuru's face into the ground.
A Walk in the Park
Mahiru knelt down on the grass, breathing in the fresh air. It had been a while since she had managed to get a break from the Moonshine, but now she could finally relax.
The same could not be said for Mitsuru.
Of course he had been the one to take her to the park, and he was now forced to sit as various animals gathered around him.
“Cheer up, Mitsuru,” Mahiru smiled, “It's a beautiful day-”
“Yeah, yeah,” he muttered, “Sun shining, birds singing, all that crap. Why are we here again?”
She shrugged and sat down next to him. “You can't just enjoy something, can you?”
“Not if I can help it.”
She frowned. Mitsuru seemed adamant on sucking the fun out of everything. “Well, it's better than being inside… being glomped by Akira… Nozomu making… comments, or would you rather go home?”
He growled.
“You're cute when you're angry,” Mahiru mused suddenly and stood.
It took a moment for her comment to sink in. Mitsuru blinked. All responses fled him, but his brain refused to let her comment go.
“I…uh…I'm not angry,” he finished lamely.
“Oh,” Mahiru said, “But you're annoyed, yes?”
“What are you up to?”
“Nothing. Must I be up to something? I complimented you.”
“Bah,” he grunted.
She glanced at him from the corner of her ey and titled her head back. “You don't enjoy this?”
“…” he offered her.
Swiftly, in a blink-and-you-miss-it moment, she pressed her lips against his cheek. She pulled back and stood as if nothing had happened.
“What…you…why…” Mitsuru had lost the ability to form rational sentences.
“It's cute when you get flustered.”
 
A little one-shot. Really, really little. Ah, well. Go ahead and review if you want. I'll work on updating “Phases.”