Crescent Moon Fan Fiction ❯ Bad Day ❯ One-Shot

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

I had a bad day on Monday. So I wrote this.
Bad Day
Mahiru slammed the front door with a growl and shot a piercing glare at the four heads popping out of various doors to see who had arrived (a sure sign that she was spending too much time with Mitsuru.) She stalked up the stairs after kicking off her shoes and headed straight to her room, slamming the door behind her.
Three faces peeked up the stairwell as Misoka had gone back to whatever else he had been doing.
“Wonder what's wrong with her,” Akira mumbled, his knees bent so he was even with the railing.
“Was she wet?” Nozomu wondered aloud, his eyes following water trails she'd left on the carpet. He was standing a head above Akira.
Mitsuru stayed quiet but checked quickly to see if it had in fact rained. The other two did the same. It looked dry and sunny. They both turned to Mitsuru, giving him an expectant look.
“She's gonna throw something at my head,' he said, his attention returning to the stairs.
“Well, duh,” Akira said, “She does that every time you go into her room.”
Nozomu, who had managed to sneak up behind the tengu, gave him a push towards the stairs. Mitsuru cut him a glare but walked up them anyway. Akira and Nozomu exchanged grins and followed behind. It was time to do what they did best: listen through doors.
 
Mitsuru opened the door to the room, dodging a stuffed bear. Mahiru had changed into dry clothes and was in the process of pulling down her shirt. She gave him a sharp glance. He ignored her and sat down on the bed.
“Bad day?” he asked.
She gave a frustrated sigh and sat down next to him, pulling him arms around her. “I hate Mondays.”
“Everyone does.”
The blond snuggled into his arms and scooted closer. “I hate Mondays combined with school. I had to run this morning.”
He chuckled. “How terrible.”
She punched him playfully. “You never had to run and then go to Biology.”
The tengu kissed her softly. “What'll make you feel better?”
She grinned evilly. “I guess you could, I dunno, fly me to the park and buy me ice cream.”
Mondays weren't so bad. As long as you had a boyfriend.
Author Notes:
I don't have a boyfriend, and the guy I like has a girlfriend.
Short and sweet, but it made me feel better.
I did have to run a mile in first period. I accidentally got my sixth and fifth period classes mixed up, and went to geometry instead of biology.
This is why I am now a bitch.
Review Please!