Crescent Moon Fan Fiction ❯ Candy ❯ Halloween ( Chapter 1 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Candy
“Here.”
Mahiru handed the tengu a small piece of candy. He looked at it questionably then turned back to her.
“What's this?” Mitsuru asked.
“It's Halloween!” she giggled, “I thought you might want some candy.”
He pulled off the red and purple wrapper and popped it into his mouth. It was tart and sour.
“I don't get any candy?” Akira pouted playfully.
She tossed him a piece and turned back to Mitsuru. “I have more.”
He nodded. “What kinds?”
“I dunno…” She glanced up as if realizing something and looked around. “Where'd everyone else go?”
“There's something going on at the Moon Palace,” Akira mumbled, “I was gonna go around and score some candy of my own.”
Mahiru giggled and sat down on the couch. Mitsuru leaned over so his head was next to hers. “What do you plan to do tonight?”
“I was gonna ask you the same thing,” she said. “I figured we could see a scary movie together.”
Akira took this as his cue to exit and did so promptly, leaving the couple alone.
“I'm not much for scary movies,” the tengu said, leaning close to her face.
“Neither am I,” she giggled back and kissed him.
The doorbell rang as a trick-or-treat-er approached. Mitsuru hung his head, annoyed, and Mahiru pressed her face against the couch.
“Where'd Akira go?” he growled.
“Probably did this to annoy you,” she murmured.
“We could ignore it.”
“I like that idea.”
At least someone got their candy that night.
Author(ess) Notes:
At least someone gets to do something on Halloween. Me, I'm grounded. Won't stop me from scaring small children at the door.
Who knows if people trick-or-treat in Japan. I know I do.