Crescent Moon Fan Fiction ❯ Flying ❯ One-Shot

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Flying
Mitsuru would never admit it, but he enjoyed the feel of a certain princess in his arms.
They were high above the city streets, and both were secretly enjoying it. Mitsuru couldn't but feel a little bit warmer in the cold, rushing air when Mahiru squeezed him a bit too tight.
Mahiru wouldn't admit it, but she loved to fly.
It wasn't just the sweeping wind in her face, the slipstream tugging at her toes when Mitsuru decided to go down a bit too fast, or the slight adrenaline rush she got from being so high above the city below; there was also the feeling of Mitsuru wrapping his arms around her, the force of the wind pushing her into him, and the slight smile she often saw on his lips.
They couldn't even remember why they were here.
They were just floating above the bright city with no intention to leave. Both could tell the other forgot what they were doing, but neither made a move to remind them there was something important going on.
Was it something important?
Yes, Mitsuru remembered now. Someone had found them, and he was to `escort the princess to a safe location.' Misoka's idea. He apparently either knew of the affection the tengu and the princess felt for each other, or he just didn't see the constant fights they got into.
Neither moved.
Neither had to.
Who was going to find the princess floating about three hundred feet above the tallest tower? Someone with a key eye, but if they just stood still, there was nothing they could do about it.
Mahiru was safe.
Mitsuru had her in his arms, how could she not be? In silence, they watched the moon rise above the building. They would find a safe place when the sun was high or when Mitsuru got tired. Either way, they didn't move.
They just watched the stars, and enjoyed the flight.
 
Short, but I have serious writer's block. Please forgive me.
“Someone feed the monkey while I dig in search of China
White as Dracula as I approach the bottom”
-Weak and Powerless by A Perfect Circle
Review and that monkey you're feeding won't bite your head off.