Crossover Fan Fiction / Dragon Ball/Z/GT Fan Fiction ❯ Dark Angel ❯ Chapter 2 ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Dark Angel

Disclaimer: I do not own Dragon Ball Z or any of the Dragon Ball Z characters. I do not own Star Wars or any of the Star Wars characters. They are owned by those who own them. I do, however, own the fic all of this is in. That is all.

Chapter 2

It was one of those times when things couldn't get any worse in the world but they did. Anything that would happen could only happen to him and it was, especially on a day where it looked like nothing would be going wrong. That is, if there was ever a day like that on Coruscant with the apparent loudness of the crowds and the steady streams of ships going from one place to another in a matter of minutes. Crowds of people wandered around on the streets, not even bothering to stare up at the ships above them, wondering if any would fall down onto the hard ground in rubble. It was just another day on the this planet that seemingly did not sleep.

"Master, why is the Council sending us to Tatooine? Why can't one of them go and find out what is going on? Or they could send others to it?" Anakin asked as he and Obi-Wan stepped outside the Jedi Temple that sat upon Coruscant. It had been there for generations, the center of peace and the place that those that dwelled on the planet looked to for assurance. Course, the latter could very well be untrue, but it was still something some looked to for comfort. The boy was still young in age, but his skills as a Jedi were improving since he first was taken in as a Padawan. Still, there was a hint of darkness around him that everyone saw, Jedi or not.

"Because some of them believe that they shouldn't get involved with little things and this is coming from not only some of the Council but other Jedi as well. Some think that the Council should send other Jedi to do what they want done so they won't have to," Obi-Wan answered dully, narrowing his blue eyes as a scowl appeared on his face. A light wind, which was powered by machinery since Coruscant was one big city, flew past them as they stared straight ahead, stopping just a few paces outside the Temple itself. They kept their eyes out for the small transport that would take them back up to their own bigger ship.

"Oh. I think I understand," Anakin said in a forced small voice, moving his eyes up towards his master for a moment before moving his gaze back forwards. The Coruscant sun bore down on them as a steady stream of shuttles and ships flew above them. The planet was a busy one, with ships, transports, and shuttles going every which way without much thought to what was going on around them. Towering buildings loomed over the streets, going high into the man-made atmosphere. There were some smaller buildings that stooped low on the ground, but they were few and far between.

"Not all Jedi nor Council Members think that way, Obi-Wan. Those that do have not had a seat for very long think that way," A voice added in from behind them. Obi-Wan turned around to see Ki-Adi standing there, clad in the traditional Jedi robes. Anakin did not bother to turn around to see who it was, probably already knowing who it was or just didn't want to bother with it. The Jedi walked to the other two, his face a blank except with a small smile upon his lips. His high domed head held a massive brain and his second heart, making him probably the best choice to have on the Jedi Council. "You think that I don't want to know what is going on? Besides, something might happen that you can't help."

"The Council just wants to keep an eye on me, that is all. So, they sent you," Obi-Wan mused, shaking his head in a disproving state.

"No, they didn't. In fact, several of them didn't want me to go. Mace was actually the one that urged me to go. He and Yoda both know that I don't want to sit around, waiting for you to come back with the information that they want," Ki-Adi told them. "Trust me on this on, Obi-Wan. Even though I am on the Council doesn't mean I always agree with them. We've been known to have our....disagreements."

"So, you want to go with us?" Obi-Wan countered. "Why all the sudden a Council Member wants to find out something on their own?"

"There is some left-over defiance left in you from your own Padawan years. I want to go; you know that."

"I know. Give me the real reason why you want to go."

"Do Jedi always have to justify their reasons, Obi-Wan?" Ki-Adi glanced over towards the back of Anakin, who was continually staring at nothing in particular. "Why did you want to train Anakin?"

"Qui-Gon asked me to, so I am." He glanced over at his own Padawan, a wistful look crossing over his face before it disappeared.

"Is that the real reason that you did? Or was there something else that compelled you to?"

"I...." Obi-Wan stammered, looking directly down at the boy. Anakin looked back up at him, an innocent look on his face. There was still something about his eyes that Obi-Wan did not like and that something was inside of his eyes at that very moment. It was like he was about to explode at any minute, but waiting for the right time to do it at. The older Jedi looked back up at Ki-Adi, who tilted his head slightly to the side. "I wanted to, I suppose. After all, I wanted to live up to Qui-Gon's own training. I don't have any real reason as to why I want to. I guess I was just compelled to do it."

"There, you see? I want to come with you for my own reasons that I can not tell you. Besides, you may need some extra help. There is bound to be more then one thing that is helping with the mysterious Sith," Ki-Adi said, the smile on his lips getting bigger for a moment before it faded. The sound of a approaching transport made any other conversation futile as it slowly descended from the stream of different ships to a point farther away from the Temple itself.

"Ready?" Anakin called out to them as he started to walk towards the descending transport.

"I suppose we are," Obi-Wan mused as he took one last glance over at Ki-Adi before the two of them followed Anakin, knowing full well as to what they were getting themselves into.

****

It was an experience that they soon hoped would be over and done with so that they would forget it altogether. They didn't even want to go back through it, doubting that they would be able to even survive it a second time around. Now both wondered if this was a good idea from the beginning as Goku kept his eyes closed as the ship was put forward into the portal by sheer gravity itself. Outside the small ship, the dust-like particles swirled all around them, pushing the tiny piece of metal towards the other side. It was like there was an invisible force moving them along without fail. The stars were barely visible to the two as they continued to go into the unknown.

"How long do you think this damned portal is?" Vegeta's angry voice snapped into Goku's thoughts. Goku opened his eyes, looking over towards the other Saiyan, who still had his arms cross over his chest. Instead of having that permanent scowl on his face that he always had on, there was an expression of pure terror and fear that no one would probably ever see again. This was one of those rare times that he hardly showed any signs of other emotions then he had on his face or in his voice.

"Don't know. I suppose we have to wait 'til we get to the other side," Goku replied, turning his eyes back forwards to the window facing them. I just hope we get there in one piece, The Saiyan thought, biting his bottom lip. There was a small part of him that was beginning to worry about the fact that they may not even get out of the portal alive. Even if they did, something might go wrong on the other side, like if they were ambushed or far worse then that idea.

"You think? Well, if...." Vegeta stopped short before the ship was pushed forwards with an automatic thrust. The two were pulled forwards along with it then fell back in the seats as the ship warped quickly towards the end of the portal in a flash. It slowly moved a few more feet forwards before coming to a drift in a unknown space far away from the planet of Earth. Goku stared at the window, which showed the stars around them sparkling beautifully in the black space around them. As the ship turned towards something, a tan colored planet came into view as both of the Saiyans eyes locked onto it. It wasn't long before the ship started to move towards this planet, faster then it had gone through the portal.

"You idiot! What do you think you're doing?" The prince cried out, narrowing his eyes.

"Nothing!" Goku stammered out, looking frantically over the controls. "It is Bulma's programming, remember? I don't have any control over this ship at all unless it is to take off from whatever planet we are going to."

"Hmpf. Damn woman. Has to do everything herself and her way," Vegeta grumbled, trying desperately not to roll his eyes. "If we are going to that planet, we might as well know if we made it or not to the other universe. If we didn't, the first thing I am going to do when we go back is blow up one of those buildings then go after that doctor that lead us here in the first place."

"I'm hungry," Goku whined, ignoring the glare of anger in his companions eyes. He also didn't seem to be worried that they were in a strange place, perhaps not even in their own universe. If they were, it might take them much longer to get back home then it did to get to their current destination.

"As much as I hate to say it, food can wait. I doubt these people can actually take the money we have," Vegeta snapped, his arms loosening some. Then he sneered. "Of course, being a couple of Super Saiyans, we can easily get things for free."

"Do what you want, Vegeta," Goku replied as the ship continued to move towards the new planet without any guidance from the two that were inside. "I won't use my powers to get food."

"Fine. I'll use mine to get what I want. You can just starve to death," He said, looking out of the window, staring at the planet as they got closer to it. Suddenly, everything seemed brighter then it had done so before.

"We better check out our powers before we do or say anything, Vegeta. We may not be able to use them for a while until our bodies get used to this universe. At least, I think we have to get used to it."

"My powers will always work, no matter where we are. Hell, we may be still in our universe for all we know."

"You don't know that yet."

"Is this a challenge?" Vegeta asked, glancing over at the other Saiyan with a light smile.

"Perhaps it is, but..." Goku stopped as the ship began to rock violently back and forth from another unknown force. "What the...."

Several more blasts hit the ship, nearly pushing it off course that had been pre-set many hours ago. The two looked at each other, wondering what was going on outside of their protection. As they were bombarded with blasts, the ship continued to hurry towards the planet in a made dash. Just as suddenly as it had begun, the blasts stopped from around them. The Saiyans held their breath and closed their eyes, the force of the planet's gravity pulling the ship steadily towards it. The ship rocked as it spiraled towards whatever they were headed to, unsure as if they would survive this trip. Goku began to feel dizzy as the moments trickled by in an almost endless fashion. It seems like the walls are about to rip off at any second, Goku thought worriedly as the rocking continued to move throughout the ship.

"What......is....go....ing....on.....?" Vegeta stammered out the best way that he could so that the other could still be able to understand him.

"I.....do....not....kno....w....." Goku stammered back in the same fashion. The ship moved through the many atmospheres of the planet, each rocking the ship even more then it had done so before. In a few moments time that it took for them to come from the cold space, the desert of the planet came into a much better view as the ship continued to plummet towards the dunes. Not long after coming out of the lower atmosphere, there was a big bang as the ship smacked into the ground as sand went everywhere. The metal hull kept up as it slid across the ground before stopping at a point. Inside, the two were sent forwards slightly but their seat belts pulled them back into their seats with almost the same force that had made them go forwards. Vegeta shook his head to clear his mind, looking out of the slightly cracked window to see the dunes of sand that were a part of the desert.

"Where are we now? What kind of planet is this?" The prince asked, undoing his seat belt from around his chest. He stood up, still staring outside the window like something was about to come to it and ask them if they needed help.

"I don't know, really. Remember, we are in a different universe then ours. Maybe we landed closed to a town or something where we can get information from the people there," Goku answered, doing the same as the other but he did not look out of the window. Vegeta nodded to that, in agreement for one of the few times that they were. The two Saiyan's eyes met for several moments before looking towards the door like they expected it to open up for them. It took them another moment to find the button that opened the door, opening up other things before the door lowered into a ramp and was placed at a angle. The heat of the planet rushed in, making the occupants cough several times before they walked to the door and peered out of it.

"You think that is a town or something?" Vegeta asked, pointing towards what looked like many buildings molded from the desert itself. It was several miles away, enough for them to be able to walk in the heat that was blazing from the twin suns above. Goku let a small smile come to his lips as he walked down the ramp that was the door and jumped onto the ground.

"Lets go check it out. We may be in luck after all. Hopefully, those that live there will be nice enough," He replied, looking over towards the other Saiyan as his smile turned into a goodish grin. He then turned his head back forwards and started to walk towards the town, leaving his companion behind. Vegeta watched him go, his mouth opening some. Then his eyes narrowed, his lips forming a thin line as he, too, jumped down onto the hot sand as he started to follow Goku.

Wherever they were going, he just hoped they wouldn't be stuck in it.

****

"Just how many planets are in this universe of yours?" Cold asked Siddious as he, the Sith, Frieza, and Ginyu stood outside the Mos Eisley Cantina. They had left only moments before, Siddious becoming a little too suspicious about a tall, furry being that he had called a Wookie. He had ordered them out without much explaining to his actions, allowing them to think of things that he had no control over. He would have rather had them wonder about his actions then ask him what he was trying to do with them at this point.

"Perhaps thousands that are out there with only a few hundred that have actually been charted by explorers. There are countless others which have yet to be discovered," Siddious informed him, his hands clasped firmly in front of him. He lightly turned his head to his new companion, not letting his hood move from his face as he kept it in the shadows. "There are many that are in the Republic, yet many still refuse to be in it."

"Good," Cold said, crossing his arms over his chest. "The more that there are, the better we are."

"How long will it take for someone to actually find all of these other planets if there are so many that have not been charted or discovered?" Ginyu asked, his eyes drifting over the many people that were wandering the street. It wasn't uncommon for many different species to be on one planet at any given time, so the three strangers from a different universe did not stand out as much as they had thought.

"That is a question which only can be answered in time. There aren't a lot of people that are willing to risk their lives to find different planets that haven't been landed on. That is not saying that there aren't those that have done it or want to; there are more people that just want to rather then those that actually go out and do it," The Sith said, slowly turning his gaze towards Frieza with hidden boredom in his eyes. The smaller being wasn't listening to the conversation that was taking place between the other three, ignoring them like they weren't even there. Instead, he was staring off towards the edge of the town, his hands balled slightly. "Something wrong, Frieza?"

"Yes, there is. Something is here. Even though I can't really pinpoint it, there is a certain feeling that there is a certain familiar presence here," Frieza answered in a deadpan tone. Cold looked in the direction in which his son was looking, blinking his eyes. The bored expression that had been on his face earlier vanished as an unreadable expression entered. "I know that there is something there. What it is, I can not say."

"Care to find out what it is, son?" He asked, a smile slowly appearing on his lips. Frieza was just about to push off from the ground just as the Sith began to speak, making him stop before he had the chance to.

"Don't bother flying anywhere just yet. You'll just bring unwanted attention to yourselves," Darth Siddious said icily. "I rather you blend in with everyone else then just fly off where everyone can see you. It is better that way."

"Why?" Frieza demanded, keeping his three-toed feet on the ground. He glared in the direction of the one that had just spoke, hardly keeping the impatient look from the other three.

"In this universe, you must learn that no one flies on their own will like you three do. We have to use some kind of ship in order to get to where we are going that is faster then walking," Siddious answered. "There are still a few things you must learn in this universe before you can do anything."

"So, we have to walk to where Frieza needs to go?" Ginyu asked, a small whine appearing in his words.

"Yes. Unless you three want to be shot down by a passing bounty hunter, fly away. I am warning you now," The Sith replied, a hidden smirk on his lips.

"By the time that we get to that place, they will be gone," He pointed out easily.

"Not if it comes to us first," Frieza told him, looking in the direction of the border. "I have a feeling I know this familiar thing. Whatever it is, it will come straight for us. An easy target."

"Well, then. Let's wait to see what is going to happen then."

To Be Continued