Crossover Fan Fiction / Dragon Ball/Z/GT Fan Fiction ❯ Dark Angel ❯ Chapter 1 ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Dark Angel

Disclaimer: I do not own Dragon Ball Z or any of the Dragon Ball Z characters. I do not own Star Wars or any of the Star Wars characters. They are owned by those who own them. I do, however, own the fic all of this is in. That is all.

Chapter 1

It was something that wasn't surprising to the least to them even if they knew something like this could have never have happened before. Unanswered questions lingered in their heads, waiting to be answered but none came. Few knew what to make of the current situation, actually refusing to believe it was the work of anyone outside their own universe. It wasn't logical that there was anything else other then their own world, or was there some logic behind it? They may never know.

However, those things were the furthest from Vegeta's mind as he stood inside one of the many Capsule Corp.'s space ships, his arms crossed over his chest. His eyes were narrowed as he stared straight ahead at the open door in front of him, a frown creasing his seemingly young features. There was nothing uncommon about the way the Saiyan was standing as it was just him showing impatience and anger that he held towards the rest of the world and the universe. He had other emotions, of course, but there were only a few that he was readily willing to show towards anyone, including Bulma and the rest of her family. It wasn't that he couldn't do it; it was just he wasn't used to showing much other things. Long years of being under Frieza's tyrannical rule would have that effect on anyone.

He began to grow tired of waiting for Goku as he had been waiting far longer then he should have been doing already. Vegeta had been waiting a little over an hour and a half, growing restless with each passing second. It wasn't like they were going anywhere else besides out into another universe that they knew nothing of and would not know what would happen on the other side of this portal. How much time does it take to get ready for a short trip through a damn hole? The Saiyan prince thought bitterly to himself, narrowing his eyes even more then he had before. I just want to get this over and done with so that I can go back to my training. I don't even know why I even bothered to go with him in the first place.

"Vegeta? Are you ready?" A voice asked from somewhere outside of the ship. Goku poked his head around the entrance to the ship, a innocent look upon his face. Vegeta let out a small growl, his eyes moving away quickly. "Hope I haven't kept you waiting for long."

"I have been ready for an hour, damn it," He hissed as Goku walked to Vegeta's side, a half smile on his lips. "What kept you so long?"

"Chi-Chi, for the most part," He said sheepishly as he walked to one of the two seats that were in the ship, his eyes wandering over them. It took him a moment to finally choose one and sit down while Vegeta sat down in the remaining one, his arms still crossed over his chest with a scowl on his face.

"I think we need to buckle in, Vegeta. From the last time I have been in one of these ships...."

"I've been in one of these blasted things before," Vegeta snapped irritably, growling other words under his breath as he uncrossed his arms. The two Saiyans both placed their own belts around them before each resumed their usual positions. A moment later, a small screen fizzled to life, the image of Dr. Briefs coming upon it.

"Alright, it is time to go," Dr. Briefs said as he looked over the two of them.

"I figured that much," Vegeta grumbled under his breath, trying desperately not to roll his eyes.

"I know you did, Vegeta. I just hate to let you two go without knowing what is one the other side of the portal. Chi-Chi alone would kill me and I've already received enough death threats from Bulma to last me several years."

"Can we just go already?" The prince barked, becoming much more then angry at the wait then he had before. "I have waited long enough for him to come, so why should I have to wait any longer?"

"Vegeta, going through something that you have never been through before is tricky business, but if you are sure you are ready, then just listen to my instructions," He started before nodding down towards the control panel. "I do have to warn you that this is our last working ship as the rest are either too out-dated or Vegeta wrecked them on his travels."

The Saiyan snorted at that without much thought.

"In any case," Dr. Briefs continued, deciding to ignore him for the moment, "Bulma has already programmed the corresponding coordinates from here to the portal. She also has set the ship to go to any planet within a thousand-mile radius. This way, you won't have to worry about how to get to some place. However, I don't want you two to go out of the ship if you land upon any planet. We don't know anything."

"So, how do we take off then?" Goku wondered.

"Just push that big red button and you will blast off. I expect you two to be back within two hours if things go alright. Be careful and good luck," He said, the screen fizzling out quickly as the link between him and the two Saiyans came to an end. Goku nodded to nothing in particular, his eyes roaming along the control panel, searching for the button. It took him several moments to do so, he placed a hand over top of it. His hand hovered there for a moment as if he was unsure to really push it before his nervous finally were pushed aside and flesh touched metal as the button was pushed. The ship started to rock inside and outside as it started up, ready to take it's occupants into the farthest reaches known.

"Here we go," Goku mused, feeling slightly fearful and the feel of gravity as the ship started to ascending upwards. Vegeta then closed his eyes, feeling the thrill of being pushed upwards. The force lasted for about ten minutes before there was seemingly no gravity around him nor his companion. He slowly opened his eyes, staring straight ahead into the wilderness beyond that of the ships hull. The distant balls of stars sparkled outside the ship as it drifted forwards, moving with ease as the control panel blinked to life.

In the far corner of the window, a small cloud of dust swirled around a hole that glistened with the stars behind it. The light from the sun reflected off of the dust particles, creating almost a rainbow effect upon it. The ship creaked and turned towards this wonder, allowing the full view of the portal. Vegeta stared at it breathlessly, his coal eyes moving along each spiral of light.

"Damn," Was all he said as they moved towards and then into the portal, not knowing where they were headed or what they would find.

****

In the other universe, things went on like they had for countless years. Ships came and went to different planets in the galaxy, moving with ease like there was nothing stopping them. People on different planets went about their daily lives, the thought of others doing the same thing many light years away not even crossing their minds. Even the thought of the portal did not enter their wondering minds as their own days went on like nothing else mattered.

On the planet of Tatooine lived most of the gangsters and smugglers of the galaxy. There were other smuggler planets in the far reaches of the galaxy, controlled and run by almost the same people. More then half of them knew someone who knew someone else that did business on the Outer Rim planet, making it easier to spot allies and foes alike. Some of them even had connections with the Hutts, who were a slug-like race that controlled most of the Outer Rim and it's territories. Jabba the Hutt was the biggest dealer there, with that being said in more places then just his business. With lieutenants in all parts of the universe, it was hard enough as it was to keep a secret from the crime lord and his family.

Other people were bounty hunters who were looking for their next job or having a drink at one of the many Tatooine cantinas that were overcrowded with drunks of all species. Even at these cantinas it was hard to keep things to one table no matter how little the other's were paying attention to them. There would always be that one person listening on in a conversation that they had no part in, whether it was by their own hearing or with the help of a droid counterpart.

Moister farmers lived miles away from most towns, some living in small communities while others were off by themselves. Jawas often visited these farms, hoping to sell their stolen droids and parts to unsuspecting prey. Tuskin Raiders, or Sand People, often did their own raids even if they were more murderous then even by Jawa standards. This all came together under the twin suns, life moving along on Tatooine like it always had been.

Most travelers avoided the planet altogether and for good reasons too. The crime in the streets were enough to deter even some members of the Jedi Council and rivaled that off Coruscant's own tough streets. Unless someone didn't want to be found or wanted their plans to be known, there were very few if any that dared to set foot on the desert planet. They simply went past to another Outer Rim planet to get what they needed although the others weren't better then Tatooine itself.

Darth Siddious didn't worry about his plans needed to be known to those that dwelled on planet as many were too weak, succumbing to even the simplest of Mind Tricks. He knew most of the dealers in Mos Eisley wouldn't even bother trying to dispatch their minions to someone that was cloaked in a black robe with a hint of a lightsabre every so often. At least he had his secrecy under his control and enough leeway to do things others would not be able to accomplish.

"So, what do you propose we do now since you have the majority of us here?" King Cold asked as he, Frieza, Siddious, and Captain Ginyu sat at a table in a Mos Eisley cantina. From what Frieza had wondered, the group of mismatched creatures that Ginyu had assembled weren't much of a help to Siddious at this moment. He assured his new found friends that help would be needed at certain times and those times would call for them.

"There is certain things that must be done," Siddious said with hesitation, although the three of them were wondering if his eyes were darting around to see who was listening in on the start of their conversation. "Certain people to get rid of. The Jedi, for example."

"Jedi?" Ginyu asked, tilting his head slightly to the side. "What are they?"

"They are those that protect this worthless galaxy for all that the Senate wants. They have been a threat to the Sith for millennia and to what I want to do with the useless space," The Sith said, lowering his voice just slightly. He had felt a small ripple through the Dark Side of the Force, which usually indicated that something small was happening, like someone moving towards them. "One of them has already killed my last apprentice, which I suppose was retribution for Maul killing his own master in the process. I need your help to make what I want to do go faster then what it is going now. I have the majority of the Galactic Senate under my control; it is only a matter of time before the rest is persuaded over to my side. Time that I don't want to spend doing things that do not need to be done."

"From what I see," Frieza mused lightly, looking around the cantina slowly, just as bored as his father was doing. Even Ginyu was looking bored, not easily done in his respect, "you could get help around here."

"You three don't seem to understand that this is not your universe. You are in mine now and farther way from yours. You do not trust anyone in the Outer Rim or it's territories, even if they are sided with the Hutts or some other organization other then the Republic," The robed figured growled out from inside the darkness of his hood. "I did not even trust any of my apprentices fully nor should I have had to. This galaxy works much different then yours does. Understand that. That is one of the things that different it from each of ours.

"Care to explain?" Frieza asked, his eyes eventually reaching back upon the Sith's.

"In time you will see these differences no matter how small of amount we have of it. Now, I need your help in this matter," Siddious said, frowning from under his hood. He was becoming more and more impatient with explaining things to them although he figured they wouldn't be the stupid idiots he had tended to work with over the years. It wasn't wrong to ask questions but asking too many of them or the wrong ones would make one end up dead on the street for all to see the mistake that he made.

"Whatever you said," Cold said just as bored as he had done so before, this time with a light shrug of his shoulders added into it. "However, we need more information on the Jedi before we can do anything. We don't like to go into this blindly, you know."

"Here. This will explain things more in depth then I can," The Sith said, reaching into the folds of his robes and pulled out a data pad. He then slid it across the table to the other, waiting for a small but quick response. He looked at it for a second before taking it into his hands, a little unsure as to what it contained. Pressing a button on it, the pad showed him and his companions things from the first era of the Sith and Jedi to present time. It took several minutes and several glances from others at different tables for all of the information to run itself course before the pad's screen went blank.

"What do we get out of this if we help you?" Frieza asked simply once he tore away from the object. Siddious looked at the smaller creature, wishing now that he had the ability to vaporize him on the spot. However, no matter how great the need for that, there was an even greater need for revenge and control.

"Half of the galaxy and the universe beyond it will be yours. Half. No more, no less," He replied, leaning back in his chair gently. "That is what you get out of this. The planets, stars, moons, and other things are yours to command as you would like to. I will not interfere with your side as long as you do not interfere with mine."

"How do you know that you would keep your promise?" Ginyu demanded coolly.

"You will have to find that out when this is all over with. For now, we have to trust each other despite the little information we all know about the other side."

"Deal," Cold replied, setting down the data pad back onto the table. Siddious raised a hand and, without even flinching or moving any part of the table, moved the pad across the top of the wooden slab. It was an easy feat to do at any skill level on either side of the Force. The three of them didn't seem to be impressed with his little trick as he placed the pad back into his robes as Cold continued on. "How do we get rid of these so-called 'Jedi'?"

"They can not be much harder to wipe out then the Saiyans were," Frieza mused happily, thinking back in the past that they only knew of.

"They probably would not be despite the fact that I do not know what a Saiyan is nor what they can do. But, it all depends on what you have faced in the past. These Jedi do not have their own planet nor would they ever. Possession is forbidden in Jedi law, so not even owning the smallest thing is allowed. Instead, they have their own Temple on the Republic capital of Coruscant. I would rather keep that planet around for the purpose of it's use rather then have it destroyed," Siddious started without any emotions running through his voice. "The Jedi Council normally stays on that planet, but they can move about the galaxy as they please. They govern over the rest of the Jedi."

"Interesting to know this. If we get rid of this Councils of theirs, then we get rid of the Jedi," Frieza said thoughtfully, smiling in a manner that would make anyone feel even the slightest twinge of dark hope. Siddious nodded slowly, his thoughts trailing back to the thought of why he was even going through the trouble of doing this. Then all he had to do was to think to the things that he wanted to have done that he would not have to do.

"It would work for the most part, but it would not have the effect that you might think it would," He said with caution and hints of anger. "Jedi do not easily crumble no matter what limit you push them to. You would be surprised at the extremes that they can survive at."

"That is a problem that can be solved easily," Cold answered, snorting. "If a small blast can destroy the Saiyan race and their planet, then not even half of it's size would be needed for the Jedi."

"Father, have you tried your powers out yet?" His son growled out, keeping his anger down the best way that he knew how. "They are near useless right now! Until we can get them back to what they are in our universe, we can't do anything."

"Welcome to my world," Siddious muttered without thought.

****

They were far away from Tatooine, not even knowing what was going on in a distant cantina. They would not know until it was possibly too late to stop them even if they knew ahead of time. How could they stop someone who would do almost anything to destroy them? It was impossible to think about, but they could do it. Hopefully.

".....and I think that the remaining Sith brought reinforcements through that portal," Obi-Wan finished saying, catching his breath without really bringing attention to himself. He stood in the middle of the Jedi Council room, a blank look upon his face like he had been trained to do since he was a young boy. Anakin stood right next to him, standing as still as he could possibly be. The glass windows of the room showed the busy outer world of Coruscant, which now seemed like a alien place to them no matter how long they had been there.

"From the information that you have gathered, it seems like this portal is more dangerous then we had originally thought. And, yet, do you believe that this Sith went through that portal as you say he has?" Ki-Adi Mundi asked, looking at his fellow Jedi squarely in the eye. Obi-Wan nodded a little too eagerly, the blank expression still upon his face. Since they had returned from Naboo the day before, the Council had been hounding them about different information that they had collected when they had originally left several days ago. They also wanted to know if the queen knew anything was amiss in the order of the Jedi. Obi-Wan had told them over and over again that Amidala and her council knew nothing about the happenings that were going on light years away. The Council seemingly believed him, even though Yoda looked like he had some small doubts about that. All except for Mace Windu.

"Yes, I do. We know of his existence and the slight tremors through the Force would most certainly be picked up by him. And, before you say anything, Mace, again we impose that we did not tell Amidala anything," Obi-Wan added before Mace Windu could even say the words.

"I still believe it is possible that she found something out, Obi-Wan," Mace informed him, leaning forwards to gaze even more at him. "She isn't as naive as you think she is. Those that are younger grasp things better then those that have years of training."

"Doubts, some of us have. Small matter, it is now, as to who knows things," Yoda said in his wise voice, keeping his face straight forwards at nothing in particular. "Keeping the galaxy safe, our priority is."

"Is there anything more we can do about it without any more ships drifting too far to the portal?" Obi-Wan asked with a hint of concern in his voice. "There are curious minds that want to know things and this portal is one of them. I fear that they will drift too close to it without fully knowing what it is capable of doing to them."

"What can we do about it? We do not know what we are dealing with just yet," Ki-Adi answered. "Once we do, then we can take further action in this matter."

"And I suppose you want me and Anakin to find out more?" The young Jedi asked as he looked around at the Council. He figured this much since they had placed both himself and his Padawan in a position that they either had to take this or spend their time doing other tasks that were far more suited for less experienced Jedi. He knew that there were even fewer that the Council trusted although many of the other Jedi could quite possibly do a better job with the task at hand.

"It would give you and the Council as to what we are dealing with rather then ignoring it. Perhaps even more time to train Anakin in situations like this," Mace instructed them. Obi-Wan glanced down at Anakin, who had a look of pure interest on his face and a small smile as well. He knew what that meant as he pulled his attention back forwards.

"What do we have to do?"

To Be Continued