Crossover Fan Fiction / Dragon Ball/Z/GT Fan Fiction ❯ Dark Angel ❯ Chapter 4 ( Chapter 4 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Dark Angel

Disclaimer: I do not own Dragon Ball Z or any of the Dragon Ball Z characters. I do not own Star Wars or any of the Star Wars characters. They are owned by those who own them. I do, however, own the fic all of this is in. That is all.

Chapter Four

The twin suns of Tatooine bore down upon the two Jedi and the lone Padawan, each ignoring it in their own way. Anakin was used to the blazing heat of the desert, having spent nine of his years living upon it with his mother in the clay huts. The hopes of seeing her once again dwindled as they stood at the edge of Mos Eisley, their arms at their sides as they stared into the township without emotion. The only comfort from the heat was a light wind that swirled around them, picking up several clumps of sand as it did.

"Why aren't we in space, checking where the portal is?" Anakin asked without thinking, his eyes looking dully into the town. "We should be worrying about that then being here."

"We will in time, young Padawan. First we have to see if anyone has gone through it yet, either from this side or from the other end of it," Obi-Wan said briskly as he turned his head over towards Ki-Adi. "I can sense several powerful things on this planet, yet it is almost too small to pick up. Whatever it is, they are close."

"As do I, whatever 'they' is," Ki-Adi answered, returning Obi-Wan's gaze. "I can recognize one of them although different from what it should be, but the others do not seem like they are from this universe. Or their life in the Force is coming to a end."

"Maybe they are from another universe if you don't know what they are," Anakin snapped, looking hesitant to stand there further. The two Jedi Masters looked at each other for a moment before gazing down at the young boy. Although his tone would issue a warning from his Master, both knowing that something or someone was not supposed to be here.

"You know, Padawan. That could be...." Obi-Wan started before the ground shook below them, a shrieking boom sounded throughout the small desert town. Screams came from somewhere inside Mos Eisley, the three Jedi turning their heads forwards as a cloud of sand and dust rose up to the sky from the point of the sound. "What the hell was that?"

"That may just very well be what we are looking for," Ki-Adi said, a smile appearing on his lips. Anakin's dreary mood lifted up some, his own soft but sad smile appearing upon his lips as he nodded along with Obi-Wan. Together, with the Jedi Masters lightsabres in hand, they started towards the center of Mos Eisley.

****

"I say that was short," Cold mused in a haughty manner, his arms loosely crossed over his chest and a bored look on his face. Frieza stood next to him, Ginyu and Siddious standing behind them. Ginyu looked half as bored as Cold did while there was an unknown expression upon Siddious face. Frieza smiled coolly as he lowered his arm, the smoke clearing from in front of him. There was a hint of anger in his eyes that showed just who had the misfortune of appearing in front of them.

"Yes, that was....huh?" He stuttered, the wind moving the rest of the dust and sand from his view. Two familiar figure's stood in front of him, their arms crossed over their chest. Both were staring daggers at the small group in front of them, their lips forming tight lines.

"Long time, no see Frieza," Goku said sourly, his eyes half narrowed. Frieza fought to control his anger that was welling up inside of him, his eyes darting from one to the other.

"I'd never thought I'd see you again myself. Alive, that is," Vegeta said, smirking. "Always thought we'd meet up in hell or some other place. Guess I was wrong. Of course, this could be hell as well. Can't say for sure just yet."

"You...." Frieza growled, the anger that was boiling inside of him flashing in his ruby eyes. He clinched his fists together tightly, not even bothering to calm down. He, like the others, ignored those that were now staring at them, their eyes wide and their mouths open. All had seen some form of battle before, but not like this. Then, Frieza smiled. "I shouldn't be worried. What can you do to me?"

"Lots," The Saiyan prince replied, dropping his arms down to his sides. The air around him started to cackle with static, the sand beginning to rise up from the ground. Goku did not say nor do anything as he tilted his head forwards, a light smile coming upon his lips. Suddenly, a flash of light swirled around the other Saiyan, his hair swiftly turning into a blonde color. His cyan eyes flashed under yellow eyebrows as he stared at the creature that began to back up in pure horror.

"Not...you too...." Frieza hissed out, fear seeping into his eyes, replacing what had been hatred. Cold and Ginyu both stared at what had just happened before them, Siddious muttering things under his breath. Those that had been watching were now starting to back up or move away, having seen more then enough of this battle. Vegeta nodded at Frieza's words, raising one arm up, his palm open and towards the one that he hated more then Goku.

"Have a nice day," He said, shooting a single beam of energy out of his opened hand. At least tried to do so. Nothing happened when he had ordered his attacking energy to be released into the open, trying over and over again as the group in front of him started to laugh. The Saiyan narrowed his eyes, anger flashing in them as he swore under his breath.

"Didn't I tell you that our powers don't work yet?" Goku grumbled, the smirk disappearing from his lips and a more serious tone set in. Vegeta looked at him questionably like he had just heard those words before, lowering his arm as he did. He slowly powered down from his current state, looking more pissed then he did confused. "We have the ability to go Super Saiyan, but can not use our powers just yet. You didn't listen to me back there."

"You are in my universe now. Get used to it or you will find yourselves in a position in which you may not like," Siddious said without emotion, walking past Ginyu, Cold, and Frieza. He stopped a foot in front of the Saiyan duo, his unseen eyes looking over them uneasily. He had heard enough about these two creatures from Frieza to wonder what exactly was so special about them. The Sith knew that there were shape-shifting species in the universe, but none could raise enough to have more Force flowing into them. It wasn't exactly like the Force, but another level altogether. Whatever it was, he was going to learn more about it even if he had to kill all those around him currently to do so. "You can not use your powers for a while. How long, I don't know. From what I have gathered from these people, it is better that you don't have any right now."

"Oh? And why exactly is that a good thing?" Vegeta snapped angrily. Goku remained quiet for the time being, allowing his fellow Saiyan to vent the anger that he so long wanted to get out of his system.

"You'll see in due time, my friend. There is, however, one thing that you can do for us."

"And what is that, friend?"

"Die," Cold growled, uncrossing his arms. He put up a arm just like Vegeta had done so just a few moments ago, a small orb of light starting to form in the middle of his palm. Before this orb of energy could grow any bigger, three figures rushed into the middle of the fray with blinding speed. Two held light swords in their hands, their eyes looking between the two quarreling groups. The third was a young boy who stood behind the human-looking figure, looking past him and into the group of strange creatures. Siddious let out a small growl, looking like he was about to jump out of his cloak and to those who dared to disrupt them. The others looked more confused then angry, wondering who these people were.

"Who are you?" Ginyu asked after being mostly quiet through the activity that had just been going on.

"Your worst nightmare," The young boy answered with satisfaction. One rolled his eyes as he glared towards Siddious.

"Well, we were right about one thing. There is another Sith out here," The humanoid creature said, narrowing his eyes. Siddious looked towards him, a amused expression appearing on his face.

"Ah, the dear Council. How are they today? Actually sending one of it's own out into battle?" He asked in a unemotional tone as he glanced over towards the other two. "I see they have also sent the new Master and his Padawan. Tell me, how does it feel to know that your own Master was killed right in front of your eyes?"

"At least Qui-Gon wasn't chopped in half and sent down into the core of the Theed Palace," The older one said, gripping the metal hilt tighter then he had done so before. Siddious let out another growl, keeping his anger down the best way that he knew how. The rest of the group looked from one side to another and then back again, bewildered looks on their faces.

"Would someone tell me what is going on here before I do it myself?" Vegeta asked bitterly.

"I will. Run. Run as fast as you can and don't look back," The young Master snapped, looking in the direction of the Saiyans.

"I do not run from battle, damn it. I do not take orders from anyone."

"Do you want to live Vegeta to do battle another day with your powers?" Goku asked, backing up. The Saiyan prince did not answer him with words, but with a nod that he clearly understood. Both started to back up even further before they turned around and disappeared into the crowd.

"Now that you've clearly taken away our targets, would you like to introduce yourself before we kill you?" Cold demanded, clearly angered that their original target had disappeared from their sight.

"I am Obi-Wan Kenobi and this is my Padawan, Anakin Skywalker," The Master said with a small bow.

"I am Ki-Adi Mundi," The other answered, looking coolly towards the Sith. "Care to tell us who you are since we have introduced ourselves?"

"That is no concern to you right now. Shall we show you why we came here?" Frieza asked as he took a step towards the others.

"In time you shall. However, that is not today," Obi-Wan, a smile appearing on his lips. Before anyone else could make a move towards them, the three sped off just as quickly as they appeared, leaving the remaining group behind in the dust. Frieza coughed the dust, the others looking bewildered at what had just happened.

"How can they do that?" Ginyu asked, placing his arms in front of his face to shield his eyes from the disappearing dust.

"Force Running. Jedi can learn that when they are with their Masters and takes roughly two to make it happen," Siddious replied, placing his hands in front of his body as he turned towards his new companions. "We will have to wait to get the Saiyans. Everything is going about as I expected."

"What do you mean we have to wait?" Frieza shouted, not caring who heard him. Cold had long since put his arms by his side, looking in the direction in which the strangers had disappeared into. Ginyu coughed the last particle of dust out, lowering his arms to his side as well. "I don't care what you expected. I just want revenge."

"As do I, but sometimes revenge needs to wait," Siddious said in a low voice, walking in between the three of them without further word. In his own mind, he knew that he didn't expect the Jedi to turn up as soon as they had done today. As long as the others did not know that, he was clear of anything that he was thrown at.

As long as nothing else went wrong, then things would go more smoothly then they had done already.

****

"I'm going back there," Vegeta growled under his breath as he and Goku stopped in front of one of the shops of Mos Eisley. Goku sighed, shaking his head at those words. He was about to say something when a gust of wind flew at them, causing both to squint in the dust that followed.

"No, you are not doing any of the sort. There is no telling what they can do," A voice said from behind them. The two Saiyans turned around to see the three that had interrupted the fight several minutes before. Vegeta growled something under his breath, cursing the fact that he could not use his powers just yet.

"Who are you?" Goku asked, tilting his head to the side as he had not heard the introductions before.

"I am Ki-Adi Mundi," One said as he deactivated the sword that he held in his hand and clipped the metal hilt to his belt around his waist.

"I am Obi-Wan Kenobi and this is Anakin Skywalker," The other said, nodding as he did the same thing. He then narrowed his eyes at the two, a slight flash of anger in them before disappearing. "May I ask who you are and what you are doing in this universe?"

"I am Goku and this is Vegeta. We are Saiyans from a planet called Earth," Goku informed them, a smile coming to his lips. "A friend of mine wanted to see where the portal went to and sent us through it. I thought we were the only ones that went through it but I guess Frieza was the first to se this universe.

"Frieza?" The one called Ki-Adi echoed with interest. "Was he one of those that were back there?"

"Yes. He is a Icejin Changeling that had most of our universe in his grip. But, he was supposedly killed by him while he was on another planet called Namek," Vegeta put in, nodding over towards the other Saiyan.

"So, you thought he died when on that other planet?" The boy called Anakin asked.

"At first we did, but that was about five years ago. The other one that was with him, Captain Ginyu, was supposed to have changed into a frog while on Namek. But, something must have happened. Cold is alive as well," Vegeta hissed, looking over at Goku. "Thought Trunks killed them both the second time around."

"He did, didn't he?" Goku wondered, looking back. "I don't know since I wasn't there at the time."

"Would someone please tell us what is going on here?" Obi-Wan snapped, turning his head from one Saiyan to the other.

"We will find out in due time, Obi-Wan," Ki-Adi said gently with a smile. Obi-Wan sighed, looking from one person to another before looking down at the ground. This was more then they had thought had happened, becoming more of a project then he had hoped it would.

They had a lot to learn in a short amount of time.

****

"WHAT DO YOU MEAN YOU SENT MY HUSBAND THROUGH THAT THING!?!??!" Chi Chi screamed out, anger flashing in her eyes as she stood outside the Capsule Corp. building in which Dr. Briefs was now backing into from it's open door. He had a nervous fear in his eyes, slightly trembling from it. "HOW DO YOU KNOW HE SURVIVED THE TRIP THERE? WHAT IF HE CAN'T COME BACK? WHAT IF MY SON WANTS TO GO AFTER HIM? WHAT THEN?"

"Chi Chi, calm down some. Knowing the way Goku and Vegeta are, they will be alright and won't be gone long. Besides, I don't think he would want Gohan to be in that universe," Dr. Briefs said nervously, laughing lightly. "To make you feel better, I could always send a few others after them."

"Yes, do. I don't want my husband to stay in there any longer. Get him out," Chi Chi growled out, turning around quickly and smoothly. She then stomped off of the Capsule Corp. grounds, fuming with more anger then she did when she came upon the building complex. Dr. Briefs sighed as his daughter peeked out from behind him to see if the other woman had really left.

"I better called up Yamcha to see if he wants to go," Bulma said with a half smile. "Perhaps he could find Tien and Chaotzu as well. Piccolo if possible."

"Yes. Get Krillin as well. I don't know what is going on, but something is not right," He replied as he stared after Chi Chi. "I don't know what the time frame is in this other universe, but no matter what it is, they've been gone too long. We need to send someone in after them."

Bulma nodded her agreement, slowly turning around to enter the building that was once behind her. She had a cold feeling in the pit of her stomach that this was only the beginning of things.

To Be Continued