Crossover Fan Fiction / Dragon Ball/Z/GT Fan Fiction ❯ Dark Angel ❯ Chapter 5 ( Chapter 5 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Dark Angel

Disclaimer: I do not own Dragon Ball Z or any of the Dragon Ball Z characters. I do not own Star Wars or any of the Star Wars characters. They are owned by those who own them. I do, however, own the fic all of this is in. That is all.

Chapter Five:

The trip from Naboo to Tatooine hadn't been eventful to say the least, long, boring, and with little to do. This was unlike the last trip that had been taken to the desert planet, which had been during the times of the Trade Federation's blockade. That was several years prior, very little remnants of that period still existing in the space that surrounded the backwater planet except for what was left of the battle droid control center and a few other drifting debris.

"We are almost to Tatooine, my Queen. We will be arriving to the planet within the next two hours," Captain Panaka reported as he stood before Amidala, a soft, yet somewhat forced, smile playing on his lips. The Queen of Naboo sat on the throne that had been created for journeys such as this, looking ready to get off of the ship and onto the sand. She held her hands and arms on the arm rests, her brown eyes blank of emotion like she had been taught to do. Around her stood the remaining handmaidens she had not ordered to stay on Naboo, all wearing the same orange-like colored robes and looking just as emotionless as their leader was.

"Very well. I would have expected to have been there sooner then this, but the problems with the ship couldn't be helped," Amidala replied, stiffening a sigh. And it probably wasn't a malfunction in the first place that caused the delay, She added to herself, biting her lower lip. At times like this, she hated waiting for things to get done so that she could go onto the next batch of things she had waiting to do and finish. It took her this long to get this far and now it seemed like everything was trying to force her back to her home world. Even though the pilots and those that were around were at the present moment were some of the best that Naboo had to offer, the queen had become more impatient with them then she had before and would in the years to come. The things that I have to live with, She thought bitterly as she looked away from Panaka. "Make sure that the pilots go to the right planet this time. There are a few that I do not trust with something like this, no matter how trained they seem to be."

"Yes, Amidala," The captain answered with a smirk, bowing slightly to her. He knew very well how the queen felt with those words, backing up as he turned around and straightened his back. He walked out of the door as it opened for him, leaving the queen alone with her handmaidens. Amidala turned her eyes to the now closing door, wishing she could just escape her life just as easily as Panaka had walked out of that doorway. Just to get away from it for one day without worrying about things trying to take over the planet or people going hungry. Yet, she could do it where other queens and kings had probably failed. She had done it for so many years now, but her term was coming to a end.

"Your Majesty, if I could say?" Eirtae spoke up from next to the queen, her hooded head turning towards the woman that sat next to her.

"Yes Eirtae?" Amidala said carefully, eyeing the handmaiden thoughtfully.

"Why do you want to go to Tatooine? It is dangerous, although essential to the galaxy."

"I want to see Anakin again. His Jedi training leaves very little time to see old friends, and I wouldn't mind seeing Obi-Wan once again."

"Is that the real reason why you want to go or just one that you just want to say?" The handmaiden asked with a smile playing upon her lips. Amidala sighed, turning her full gaze upon her with her own full smile on her lips.

"You have been around me too long to know more then you should," The queen said, laughing shortly. "Yes, it is a reason that I might explain to his mother, although she probably would not have seen him before we did. However, there are some things that I want the Jedi to explain to me without having to wait any longer then I have to."

"Sometimes Jedi have their reasons to why they have to be in secret," Eirtae said, lowering her gaze. "But, even so, their tales are often known before they know it."

"Right you are," Amidala said and, for the first time since Obi-Wan and Anakin left Naboo, she felt a twinge of happiness move through her.

Perhaps the last few hours wouldn't be so bad after all.

****

"Explain all of this to me again, would you? It still doesn't make sense," Obi-Wan asked with impatience in his voice. The small band of mismatched people had walked to the edge of the Tatooine township, Vegeta and Goku explaining the best that they could to the Jedi about their own universe that was situated on the other side of the portal. Yet, their new friends did not grasp some of the concepts that were foreign to them. With the look that Vegeta is giving Obi-Wan and his rising anger, it is a good thing that our powers don't work here yet, Goku thought bitterly as they stopped at the end of the town and the beginning of the shifting sand that drifted along the rest of the planet.

"I will explain this to you one last time, you idiot and you had better pay closer attention then you have done so before," Vegeta growled, crossing his arms over his chest. "We come from a planet called Earth which is on the other side of the portal. There are many different kinds of creatures living there, but they are not like the ones that you seen on the streets of this planet. On Earth, there is seven balls that are called the Dragon Balls which you have to collect so that you can make two wishes. The down side to this is that it takes a Earth's year for them to regain their power back. Do you understand this or do I have to explain this all over again?"

"I believe so," Obi-Wan replied without emotion, one of his eyes twitching slightly. "Is the Earth the only one that has what you call 'Dragon Balls'?"

"Nope," Goku put in. "There is another planet that we can go to called New Namek. It's kind of hard to explain that right now."

"I see. Interesting," The Jedi said dryly without the slightest hint of interest in his voice.

"Why are you two here?" Anakin asked as he stood next to Obi-Wan, looking more bored then interested. Vegeta glared down at the young boy, who didn't seem to notice the flashes of anger in the Saiyan's eyes.

"Don't ask me, boy. As this one here. He is the one who wanted to come in the first place," The prince snapped, turning his back to the others. He snorted angrily, narrowing his eyes as he did. He knew, just like his companion did, that he had wanted to come, but did not want to bring up that in this conversation. Goku shook his head at his fellow Saiyan, sighing.

"I felt someone's power through the portal. I didn't know who it was or what it was, but it felt familiar to me. I also wanted to see what was on the other side of the portal. So far, it has been, shall we say, interesting," Goku said in a almost cheerful way. When he got three confused looks, he grinning sheepishly. "I suppose I didn't explain myself. See, in our universe, we can sense someone's power level and their life force, which is called Ki. As the person's power levels goes down, so does that person's Ki. If we can't feel it any longer, then that person has died."

"Isn't that a lot like the Force, Master?" Anakin asked, looking up towards the older Jedi. Obi-Wan blinked his eyes before turning them towards Ki-Adi. The other Jedi shrugged, smiling at that question.

"I think it is, Anakin, in a way. Both are the life force of something, no matter how small it is. If that force goes down to nothing, so does that that person. But, both could be different in a sense that we don't know of. What, I don't know. That is probably why they can't use their powers here just yet. It probably works in the same way in their universe with us if we were to go in theirs," Ki-Adi answered for Obi-Wan.

"We told you what we could about our universe. Tell us about yours. Now!" Vegeta demanded, not turning around to look at his new companions.

"If you want to know, fine. In this universe, Jedi are the protectors of the Force and the guardians of the galaxy. We are Force Fused, meaning we can feel certain things through it. This galaxy has been peaceful in most parts or, as peaceful as they can get. The Hutts, which are a oversized slug-like race, control this sector, which is known as the Outer Rim. The Trade Federation had controlled some of the planets until their downfall three years ago," Obi-Wan informed them in one breath. "We Jedi govern ourselves through the Jedi Council, which looks over our actions. Ki-Adi here is one of it's members."

"This Council is power, isn't it? If it is, then take us there," Vegeta said, turning his head around to look at them with his coal black eyes.

"Wait, Vegeta. We can't beat Frieza and his gang alone even if we can go Super Saiyan," Goku intervened, giving the other a quick look.

"You did it the first time around. Why shouldn't this situation be any different now?"

"Think about it, Vegeta. Even though we are Super Saiyans, I don't think we have enough power right now to defeat Frieza alone. Beating himself took a while to do so and a lot of energy. Even then I had trouble defeating him. Besides, he isn't alone, you know, and I wouldn't go pass them to try to recruit any more of their friends or others from this universe."

"I still don't see what you are getting at."

"Look, we can't use our powers yet, right? It takes a few days to get our powers inside this universe. If we bring some of the others back here, then we all can be ready at the same time."

"How are we going to get back? Our ship is probably covered by sand by now and we couldn't fit more then another person inside," Vegeta snapped, anger flashing in his eyes once again. Goku looked at the Jedi with puppy dog eyes, hoping that they would be able to help them in this situation. Ki-Adi raised an eyebrow as he looked towards his fellow Jedi. Obi-Wan looked back at him, an amused expression coming upon his face.

"Why not? I mean, what is the worst that could happen?" Obi-Wan asked, shrugging.

****

"Get them back here! I want to finish this NOW!" Frieza shouted out, his anger boiling inside him like it had never done so before. The small group still stood outside the cantina, as if waiting for the two Saiyans to merrily stroll back to them, asking politely to finish them off. The heat from the twin Tatooine suns bore down on them, seemingly waiting for them to collapse into the hot sand.

"Calm down, Frieza. We will get them soon enough," Cold said in a deeply bored voice as he crossed his arms over his chest. He glanced over at Siddious, who stared straight ahead from underneath his hood, his hands clasped in front of him. "Where did they go?"

"The most obvious place" Courscant. They are going to the Jedi Council with the new information they have received. That, I know they are doing without much thought," Siddious answered, the Tatooine wind swirling around his black robes. "But, I don't think they are going straight to the Jedi Temple nor do I think that they are going to that planet. They could be going back to your universe to see if they can't get anyone else to join them."

"Then let them. They can't be in our way if they are going in that direction," Ginyu pointed out, gazing lightly over the street of Mos Eisley. "What trouble can they cause by doing that?"

"Knowing the Jedi, enough to cause us more trouble then they are worth. But, you are right. They will be out of our reach for now," The Sith replied, a hidden smirk on his lips. He unclasped his hands as he stood there, as if waiting for something to tell him otherwise. "The universe will be ours in a matter of time. There are more important things to do then waiting for them."

No one spoke as the Sith fell silent first, ignoring the gazes he was getting from more then just those that were not of this universe. Thoughts swirled in his mind, new ideas clashing with old ones. But, no matter what he came up with, all leads would eventually point towards the Jedi and them alone. Even so, the thought of finally being able to outdo the Jedi was the sweetest one of them all.

****

Somehow, news traveled faster then anything when you knew so many people in the world that lived in so many different places to boot. Even so, one would think that there was little information passing through phone lines and computer screens that even the youngest person had to ask many people for details until he knew for sure that the information he received was correct. Despite this, three people had clamored up to the Capsule Corp.'s Main building and they hadn't been the only ones to do so. Chi-Chi had been the first, demanding in half anger, half worry about where her husband had run off to and had gotten little details from a nearly laughing Bulma. She had dragged her son, Gohan, with her, who looked disappointed in the fact that he hadn't been able to go with his father on a trip into space. That had been at least an hour ago, now Krillin, Tien, and Yamcha were standing there, looking just as disappointed as the young boy had been.

"What do you mean Goku went through a portal?" Krillin demanded, looking directly at Dr. Briefs, who stood in front of him.

"There is a portal right about this planet that leads to somewhere that I don't know yet. Both he and Vegeta went through it to see what they could find, but that was several hours ago. I don't know what is on the other side of it, but I need someone else to go through it to retrieve them. They have gone well over their limit that I have given them," He replied, looking hassled at the thought of explaining yet again to someone about the whereabouts of the two Saiyans and he knew that these three wouldn't be the last he would have to explain it to either.

"I say lets do it," Yamcha replied from behind Krillin, a hint of joy in his voice.

"Are you sure you don't know where the portal leads? It could lead us to another side of the universe and not to where they are," Tien pointed out, who stood next to Yamcha. The others did not answer nor did they say anything as they looked at each other. The only noise around them was the birds that were chirping in the trees and the cars that were going pass them.

Dr. Briefs seemed to be in a thoughtful stance as he looked up at the sky and away from the three of them. He didn't know how exactly to send the three of them to and through the portal since the Saiyans had take the last usable ship as it would take up to several weeks just to fix up another one that could fit more then two people at a time. Maybe, by some miracle, something good will happen so that I won't get another call about where Goku and Vegeta are, He though bitterly as he sighed and turned his attention back to the others.

"Well, what are we waiting for?" Yamcha demanded, breaking the silence that had been between the four of them.

"There is a slight problem with me being able to send you into the portal, Yamcha. It seems that there are no more......." Dr. Briefs started before he was interrupted by Krillin.

"Hey, what is that coming down here?" Krillin asked, pointing upwards. Everyone shifted their attention to the light blue sky, blinking their eyes as they looked in the direction where their friend was pointing to. A small light was coming towards them, twinkling as it came into the lower atmosphere of Earth. The group stared at it for a moment before it landed several miles away, far enough where it was not near any civilization in which people would be flocking towards it instantly. Tien tilted his head slightly to the side, a wondering yet worried look crossing his face.

"What was that?" He breathed out, saying the words that everyone else was thinking.

"I don't know, Tien. Let's go check it out," Yamcha said, lifting himself into the air. Krillin and Tien nodded together, doing the same before the three of them flew off in the direction in which they saw the light coming down. Dr. Briefs watched them go until he couldn't see them any longer, sighing once again.

"I just hope it is Goku and Vegeta returning and nothing else that we have to worry about," He said to himself, shaking his head as he stared off in that direction. Whatever it was, there was nothing that he could do about it except to wait.

To Be Continued