Crossover Fan Fiction / Dragon Ball/Z/GT Fan Fiction ❯ Dark Angel ❯ Chapter 8 ( Chapter 8 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Dark Angel

Disclaimer: I do not own Dragon Ball Z or any of the Dragon Ball Z characters. I do not own Star Wars or any of the Star Wars characters. They are owned by those who own them. I do, however, own the fic all of this is in. That is all.

Chapter Eight:

It had taken them longer to get back to Capsule Corp. then it had to get to the ship, only because there were three new friends that had entered their world. At this point, any indication that they had extra powers and the like might just very well make them seem more unnatural then anything else the proclaimed 'Jedi' had seen. However, anything unnatural seemed to be what they were used to as Anakin explained about several different species in his universe as they entered the kitchen of one of the buildings of the complex.

It was there that any known information was told of what was going on in the other universe. Between Anakin, Obi-Wan, Ki-Adi, and Goku, it didn't take them long to weave a tale of how several of the supposedly dead or transformed villains from Goku's universe had ended up in the other universe. Even so, it was more interesting to know exactly how they had managed to do it. Several theories had been thrown around, but none seemed to have gotten them very far.

"I still can't believe that Frieza, his father, and Ginyu are over there, allied with this person you call a Sith. And this Sith person somehow turned back time in our universe to bring them back," Krillin said thoughtfully as he sat down on a chair that was sitting around one of the three kitchen tables. The small group of Humans, Saiyans, and other creatures either stood by something, sat in chairs, or was going from a standing to a sitting position and vice versa in the Briefs kitchen. Some were even trying to explain over and over again to other's what was really going on in the Jedi's universe, yet that was hard to do since the majority of the group had never been there.

"Yes. That is what is going on there. I was surprised myself to see Frieza standing there like Namek had never happened," Goku said, nodding as he stood in the doorway of the kitchen, his arms at his side. He was leaning against the doorway, looking down at the ground. "I believe they want to take over that universe then reclaim what they lost in ours."

"Great. Just great," Krillin grumbled, pacing his head on the table as he grumbled some more.

"Frieza can't be all bad. I mean, I know we haven't seen his power yet, but still," Obi-Wan said as he sat across from Krillin, a doubtful expression on his face. In response, he received more expressionless, dead looks from all who were present, except for Ki-Adi and Anakin, then he did whenever he was in front of the Council. He looked around, confused at the type of expressions that were on their faces. The Jedi then looked over at the Saiyan, who looked more calm then any other person in the room. "Just how bad and powerful is he?"

"Let's just say that not even Goku could beat him, even at a Super Saiyan level," Tien answered for Goku as he leaned against the counter he was standing next to, crossing his arms over his chest. His three eyes held the same slight hints of fear that was in everyone's own eyes even though he had never come face-to-face with Frieza.

"I guess that answers you question," Anakin muttered under his breath, looking towards Obi-Wan as he sat next to him. This prompted the Jedi to give his Padawan a look that meant this was one of those times to be quiet rather then speak his mind. Ki-Adi sighed, placing his hands in front of him as he stood behind the other Jedi without word. He had a blank expression on his face, indicating that he was either deep in thought or he was not following what was going on.

"You are thinking of how we are going to go up against them, right?" Yamcha asked him as he stood next to Tien, noticing the silence that Ki-Adi held.

"I am wondering what things you---we---can do, not how we are going to go up against anything. If I can remember correctly, Goku said that if you went into our universe, you won't be able to use your powers there until a couple of days has passed," He replied slowly, choosing his words carefully.

"We don't have a couple of days to do that. You don't know how fast Frieza moves when he is angry, and I am sure he is pretty angry right now. And, with his father, Ginyu, this Sith, and whoever else is with him, he could move faster then before," Goku said, sighing. "And I don't think Frieza is stupid enough to come through the portal with nearly the whole universe expecting him to be dead. He knows what he is up against for the most part."

"So, what are we going to do? I know we don't have any time to do things in, but time is all we have at this point," Ki-Adi asked, looking around. "You talk about these Super Saiyans like they can be plucked out of thin air. I mean, shouldn't a single Super Saiyan be powerful enough, right?"

"Yea. Pretty powerful indeed," Krillin answered, his head still on the table. "If only Vegeta were......"

"Don't worry about Vegeta right now. He shouldn't be a concern to us," Obi-Wan interrupted, a flash of anger going through his blue eyes. "Until he comes back here, there is nothing we can do about him."

"He'll be okay. He just needs time to cool off like all the other times he had gotten angry," Goku said, biting his lower lip as he looked down at the ground. There was complete silence that followed, the only noise coming from the different machines that were placed around the kitchen. No one knew what to say or do, all knowing what was waiting for them on the other side of the portal.

"Like he said, what are we going to do?" Yamcha demanded irritably five minutes later. He was answered only with another deafening silence.

****

He stood miles away from Capsule Corps, in a place where little untouched land still was free from the claws of machines. Vegeta stood on a cliff that overlooked a small valley, his arms crossed over his chest. A yellow, waving aura surrounded him, his blonde hair rippling in the power he held. His cyan eyes sparkled in the sunlight like gems in water, looking down upon the ground below the ridges of the cliff. A frown creased his lower face, his eyes narrowing down at the creatures that looked back up at him.

He remembered the past that he had come from that seemed so long again. Remembered the day he had found out what had really happened to his home planet that had been destroyed completely with only a few lone survivors. Frieza had been the one to blow it up into nothing that was the void of space. The once-proud Saiyan race was killed instantly, dead in a bloody death. All except for fourth, which himself and Goku had been a part of. Two had been killed only years before, leaving two full-blooded Saiyans to live so that they could carry on what their species had ended.

He hated Frieza for that one thing, more then anything else that he had done to the Saiyan. Vegeta never had hated someone that much in his life, not even those that were beneath him. Even with Frieza being killed a second time by his future son, the hatred was still pulsing through his veins. Now, days after Cell had been defeated, the anger and hurt throbbed in his heart and soul.

"One day, Frieza, I will be the one that will defeat you again! I don't care how long it takes, I'll do it!" Vegeta screamed out, the sound echoing through the valley. He then rose off of the ground, his eyes cold and emotionless as he uncrossed his arms and started to fly back to Capsule Corp.

This time, there was a set determination on his face.

****

Finding two stray Jedi was harder to do then trying to fight one's way through the streets of any Tatooine town. Jedi were known to blend into a crowd when they had to, often not letting themselves be known until they needed to be seen and heard. Even so, she was going to find them and get some answers even if it took her the rest of her life to do.

Queen Amidala stood at the entrance of one of the many cantina's in Mos Eisley, her eyes blazing with tiredness. This was one of the last ones she had to look into, Panaka not too far behind her to make sure that she was still safe when she exited. Although he disliked her to go into these cantina's alone, it would bring less attention to her and those she was looking for. Besides, she liked to see what normal creatures did when there was nothing else to do besides getting drunk.

As she walked inside the cantina, her eyes scanned the tables and the bar that she moved towards, her heart beating fast. Several of the male customers whistled at her and beckoned the queen to come sit with them, but she ignored them even though a soft smile came to her lips. She was too busy at the moment to even care what the drunken fools wanted to do with her. She wanted to make sure that the Jedi she was looking for were okay and she got the information that she so dearly wanted to know from them.

When she came to the bar, Amidala looked around it at the different patrons. She smiled even broader when she saw an opening next to a rather muscular and tall creature with horns jutting upwards on his head. Well, it is better then nothing I suppose. At least he isn't trying to get him to come sit next to him, The Naboo queen thought to herself as she took in a deep breath to keep herself calm. She walked to the opening, squeezing herself into the spot as she sat down upon the stool. The bartender looked at her coldly as she did so. Even with this look, she gulped and spoke the forbidden words she had so recently learned to keep low or keep quiet.

"Um, I am looking for someone. A small boy, as a matter of fact. Grew up on Tatooine himself, actually. He is of the age of about twelve or thirteen with very short, blonde hair, and a braid on one side. He was wearing robes that would look similar to those here," Amidala said, her voice loud enough so that the other could hear her over top of the noise. The bartender shook his furry head at her as if to say he hadn't seen him as he washed a glass out. It was either that or he didn't understand a word she had spoken. The creature next to her turned his head slightly in a wondering way as the queen tried again, this time a little bit more nervously. "Well, then. Have you seen an older man around? He has slightly longer brown hair, a beard on his face, and gray-blue eyes. He has the same exact clothing as the boy but with a darker robe on top. He is a....." She dropped her voice low enough to indicate that she didn't want the next word she spoke to be heard all over the bar. ".....Jedi."

It was like she had shouted the word out as the area around the bar suddenly got quiet at the mention of that word. Several of the creatures turned around to see who was talking of a Jedi being at the cantina or anywhere near it. Amidala shrunk down some, her pale cheeks turning a light shade of pink. The creature next to her straightened it's back as if he knew what she was talking about.

"Jedi?" He asked in a snotty voice as the noise around them go to it's usual level like nothing had happened.

"Yes. Two of them, in fact; a young boy and a older one," She replied, looking up at him finally. "You wouldn't by any chance, have seen them? Or, at least, know them? Considering how Qui-Gon was, despite me knowing him for only a short amount of time, I wouldn't be surprised if half of the galaxy doesn't either owe at least a small favor to his former Padawan or want to take his head off."

"Yes, now that you have mentioned it. There was another Jedi with them, I believe. I think it was a member of a Council or something like that. I am ne....I was never into the belief of the Jedi. My son and I just happened to be looking for those three along with two others," It said, stopping himself slightly at one point as if he didn't want to say something else. The queen looked at him oddly, wondering what a member of the Jedi Council would want to be going with them on a mission to the Outer Rim. This situation was becoming more strange then it had begun to be. Two others? Were there other Jedi in this area, but didn't show who they were in case something went wrong? Or perhaps it was two people from this township, having gotten caught up in the fray of things and had to be whisked away by the three Jedi.

She also didn't like the way the creature had to catch himself in the middle of his sentence. It made her wonder what he knew that she didn't. I have never seen his species before, but then again I have lived on Naboo my whole life. Even so, I would have known, She thought to herself, pressing her lips into a thin line. But, what choice do I have? This is the first clue I have gotten all day and it is about time I took a step forwards.

"Well, then. Where did they go?" Amidala asked finally. The creature did not say anything as it stood up, it's tail uncoiling from around the stool. It beckoned the young queen to follow him outside as he walked towards the door without word. Amidala tilted her head, sliding off of the stool as she pushed herself from the bar. She didn't know what the creature was thinking, but she knew it had to lead to Anakin and Obi-Wan.

And the answer to her questions.

****

Captain Panaka stood outside one of the few remaining Mos Eisley cantina's that still had to be searched for answers, watching the small stream of people pass with a close watch. Most were human moisture farmers that came into town for goods that they could not get themselves in the sand dunes while others were the slaves of many species. He tried not to look like he was nervous in front of this crowd, which was hard to do considering what could happen if anything should spark a fight. He was somewhat afraid of that situation if it were to arise, but also afraid of what could happen to the queen inside the cantina. Alone, with no bodyguards or handmaidens there to protect her. That made him nervous to the end. Very nervous indeed.

Panaka hated the idea that Amidala had chosen to be in her handmaiden robes and in a place without much knowledge of the people. Even though he knew that no one would harm a seemingly 'normal' looking girl or think that she was actually the queen of a faraway, back water planet, he didn't care. It was still the queen underneath those robes and the queen she would always be until she either stepped down or her term was up.

The two of them had come with the handmaiden/queen switch many years ago as a precaution. It would be a decoy queen in the times of need or when there was a long journey ahead. Sabe was the first in line to be the royal decoy, the hardest and dangerous job that any of the five handmaidens had to do. Amidala had always taken the robes of the handmaidens and the name Padme in these times, no matter what the situation was. It was something that had to be done in the past and it would help the queen until the end of her term, no matter how much danger it put her and the handmaiden in.

Even in times that did not call for this switch, it was sometimes used to get Amidala away from the castle so she could have a day or two without worry. Sabe knew enough about being the queen to handle it for no longer then a week or two; after that, she would have to make things up as she went along. Those times were meant only for enjoyment of the queen so she would not collapse under the strain of her position.

At that moment, a creature of tall stature slinked out of the cantina, a sneer on it's face. His muscle-bound arms seemed to be larger then Panaka himself as it walked right past him, not even looking down at him. Right behind the creature, and to his horror, Amidala came. She had a smile on her lips as she walked past the captain, not saying a word as if she had not seen him either. He grabbed her by the arm, pulling her back some.

"Just what in the hell do you think you are doing?" He hissed into her ear, glancing up at the creature who had stopped as he looked over his shoulder.

"Finding just where Anakin and Obi-Wan is and what is going on. Did you know that one of the Council members is with them?" She growled back, quickly taking her arm out of the other's grasp. "Isn't that what we came here to do? Find them and get some answers?"

"Are you going to follow that creature to them?"

"Yes, I am. If not, he'll tell me at least the direction in which they are going in," Amidala replied, a light smile coming to her lips as she joined her new friend. "I mean, what could actually happen?"

To Be Continued