Crossover Fan Fiction / Dragon Ball/Z/GT Fan Fiction ❯ Dark Angel ❯ Chapter 17 ( Chapter 17 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Dark Angel

Disclaimer: I do not own Dragon Ball Z or any of the Dragon Ball Z characters. I do not own Star Wars or any of the Star Wars characters. They are owned by those who own them. I do, however, own the fic all of this is in. That is all.

Chapter Seventeen

They sat in silence in what seemed like forever, the only noises coming from the ship and the engines. No one was talking nor making any moves to do anything. They couldn't find the words to say what was really going on since they had been spoken already. Other then the humming of the ship, there was nothing. No sound. No moving.

Obi-Wan shifted his weight nervously from foot to foot, not liking this silence at all. He stayed near the door for a reason unknown to the rest of them and perhaps even unknown to him. He was just nervous about this situation, that was all. They were coming upon Coruscant and he didn't know what would happen after their meeting with the Jedi Council.

He knew that those they had just met probably would probably be the only ones that could get them through the foreseen darkness ahead. They were new to the galaxy, which he already knew unlike the rest of the galaxy, and could easily blend in with the rest of the creatures until the ruins of battle were spread out. However, once they went to their assumed full level of ascended power, they would be known as more then just outsiders.

"Can someone please talk?" Obi-Wan demanded sourly, breaking the silence that had been there for what seemed like hours.

"About what?" Tien asked, moving his three eyes towards the Jedi. He, Yamcha, Krillin, and Anakin were sitting around the small table in the middle of the kitchen, their bodies positioned at different places on the seat that nearly surrounded the table itself. Goku, on the other hand, was standing on the other side of the room, his arms crossed over his chest as his eyes watched everyone in eerie silence.

"I don't know." He shrugged. "Just say something before I lose my mind."

"Well, there isn't much to say," Krillin muttered, looking lost at the aspect of conversation. "We've already said everything that we could say."

"Not everything," Obi-Wan objected. "I want to know why Frieza and his followers is so intent in working with the Sith and his full power."

"Knowing him, he probably accepted a deadly promise from the one you call a Sith."

"Like what?"

"Like ruling a part of this galaxy or even beyond," Goku said, his silence breaking. "Like we've told you before, Frieza and his father have already had some of our universe in his grip. Course, that was before I defeated him the first time and Trunks defeated him the second time. His father wasn't too far off."

"Who is this 'Trunks?" Anakin wondered.

"That is hard to explain," Yamcha said nervously.

"Try us," Obi-Wan challenged. "It can't be any worse then trying to explain to a Hutt how to rule his crime industry."

"Well, he came from the future in a time machine that was created then," Tien started slowly. "He was the one who gave us plenty of warning about the androids and Dr. Gero. After the Cell Games, he went back into the future. The future that we would have had if he had not come."

"See? That wasn't so hard."

"He's not done," Krillin interrupted. "He is also the son of Vegeta. At the time that he first came, Trunks was a year old, give or take a few months."

"A baby defeated Frieza?" Anakin asked, a look of pure disbelief on his face. Krillin shook his head on that.

"No, one didn't. See, Future Trunks was around twenty or so when he came," He explained more carefully. "The other Trunks was about a year."

"Okay," Obi-Wan muttered. "I don't understand, but it could be worse."

"I think you need to tell us about this Sith instead," Goku insisted. The Jedi moved his eyes to the Saiyan, a sigh escaping his lips. "You haven't told us much about him."

"That is the problem with Sith. There isn't much to tell you. The Sith are a mysterious, dark type that work in the shadows. They have been gone for millennia, so there is little records left to have a perfect idea as to what they are like," Obi-Wan started to explain. "This one appeared about three years ago during the Trade Federation's blockade of Naboo. At least, made his presence known to the Jedi. How long he had actually been around, I don't know. He may have been around for longer then anyone knows."

"You are hiding something," Yamcha accused, eyeing him. "I can tell."

"Hiding what?" The Jedi asked, staring back at him. "Anything you want to know you can ask."

"Then why don't you tell us more about this Sith?"

"What can I tell you that will satisfy you? There is too little I can give you right now. All we know is that he trained his lost apprentice well in the Dark Arts. That one is dead along with my master, who tried to stop him."

"Okay, then. The Council of yours," Tien spoke up. "Will we be able to meet them?"

"Yes you will. Just don't expect them to be any more helpful."

"We are nearing Courscant. We will be inside the atmosphere in the next hour and at the landing platform in two hours. Get yourselves ready," Ki-Adi's voice came over the comm. system, breaking off any more conversation that might have taken place if he had not interrupted. The room became a pool of silence again, Obi-Wan's and Yamcha's eyes locked together in this.

****

"Why are you going towards him rather then trying to find our way back to the port? I rather have you let me go," Amidala snapped out, her eyes narrowing at him. They were closer to Cold now then they were before, moving more swiftly towards him. She saw it in his eyes, the horror of reaching someone like the Icejin, but did not comment on it.

"Because I have to," He said plainly. "If you rather freefall to your death, that is fine, but I won't be the one who does it."

"Wonderful," She grumbled, closing her eyes. The wind whipped against her face, her long braided hair moving backwards towards the horizon. Somehow, flying like this made her body and spirit less tense then it already was. Everything that was going on move out of her mind and own onto the sand beneath her. Maybe someone will catch my worries and have to deal with them instead of me. Just maybe, She mused to herself.

Suddenly, the wind around her stopped moving as if the planet had stopped rotating. She felt a jerking motion as she put her around the other's neck, her eyes snapping open. She looked around for a moment before her eyes fell upon the suspended Cold, who was looking more angry then she had seen him before. His dead eyes were upon her, his arms crossed over his chest.

"Where is Frieza, Ginyu?" Cold demanded fiercely.

"In the same place he was before, I believe," Ginyu replied in a dry voice. "I was going towards him, but them....."

"I know. What is she doing with you then?"

"She ran from Frieza a little while ago. I figure she might be of some use to us."

"I doubt that. Drop her for all I care." Cold waved his hand as if he really didn't care. "Maybe she will get lucky and someone else will catch her before she plummets to her death."

"You wouldn't dare kill me," Amidala said stiffly, her eyes staring intently on Cold. The Icejin moved a little closer to her, a snarl on his lips.

"And why not?" He demanded. "I should have let you fall to your death the first time I found you. It would have saved me a lot of trouble then."

"You should know by now that the only thing standing between you living and dying is me," She spat out. He stared at her blankly.

"Meaning what?"

"The Jedi wouldn't dare kill you with me in your grasp. Besides, I'd bring them, along with anyone else who is with them, to you if they only knew I was with you," The queen explained. It was a long shot, probably eventually getting herself killed in the process, but at least it would give her more and better answers then she had in the past.

"She has a point there," Ginyu commented. "She could be more of a use to us alive then dead. At least, for now she is anyways."

"I know that," Cold snapped. He then looked the queen up and down, his eyes glazed over with the anger and pain inside of him. He turned his back to them, regretting letting her live a second time almost the instant that he did. "She will live, for now. Just don't expect me to be nice later on."

"I don't plan to," Amidala muttered as she was carried in Ginyu's arms, the two flying towards Frieza and the space port.

****

It had been some time since the ship had reached the limits of Tatooine's inner atmosphere, but it had not yet landed upon the surface. Siddious was keeping the ship hovering above the outer limits of the township of Mos Esiley, far enough away from the space port, for the time being as he watched the tiny creature pace back and forth in front of him in total silence. He was going to keep it this way until he got what he wanted.

In the meantime, the creature had taken his hood off, his pointed ears twitching silently. That happened every so often, a sign that he was either really angry, annoyed, or plain bored. Neither Sith nor creature had spoken more then five words since the ship had moved through the layers of atmosphere, each wondering what was going to be said next.

"Say something," Siddious snapped, now becoming more impatient with the silence then he had before.

"Why?" The creature asked, not stopping his pacing. When Siddious didn't respond, he smirked and bowed his head. "Whatever you want to know or hear, it will come soon enough. I'm waiting myself."

"For what?"

"Goku," He answered. Siddious sighed, on the verge of sending this creature back to the other universe to let the natives there deal with him in any way that they could.

"You'll have to wait just like everyone else who is after this Goku. Just tell me a few things and perhaps we can get to this person faster," The Sith said. The creature stopped pacing and looked up at him with his mischievous eyes.

"What do you want?" He asked coldly.

"Who are you?"

"And that is relevant to getting closer to Goku because why?"

"I am not going to keep referring to you as 'It' for the rest of this."

"My name is Garlic Jr. Happy?" The creature growled. Siddious raised a hidden eyebrow but did not question this answer.

"What are you then?"

"Meaning what?"

"What kind of species are you?" The Sith explained, trying to keep the exasperation from his voice. "A Jawa? Ewok?"

"I am a Makyo-jin, you idiot," Garlic Jr. snapped. Whatever that is, Siddious thought to himself.

"I want to know why you are after Goku."

"I told you already several times. He and his brat sent me into the Dead Zone. At least, his brat did."

"I see," Siddious said, making a mental note to stop going through the portal to get help. Before he could ask something else, Garlic Jr. held up one of his small hands, indicating that he was already tired of this questioning.

"That is enough," He said, lowering his arm. "I want Goku."

"You will have your chance soon enough, my friend. You just have to be patient," Siddious said, turning back to the controls. It was time go back to the space port and gather the remaining bits of the mismatched party.

****

Frieza had started his pacing again in front of the space port, his arms held behind his back. He was growing impatient with the events that were going around him and he was still no where near getting the Saiyans in his grasp. He was tired of having to wait for people to get ready so that he could eventually go after what he wanted. He already lost his father to the crows of aliens twice already, not knowing when he was going to be back. The Sith was still no where to be found, although the Icejin knew that he wouldn't be gone for much longer since it hadn't taken them too long to reach the planet's surface.

He grumbled things under his breath, annoyed that he had to wait even longer then he had before. Why do I always have to wait for things to be done? He thought bitterly, his ruby eyes narrowing. I would have found those Saiyans by now and would have been in the process of killing them now. Frieza stopped pacing long enough to look in the sky, his eyes blinking in the fading light from the twin suns. Two figures were descending towards him, one of them holding what looked like someone else in his arms.

"About time," He mumbled, Cold being the first who landed on the ground in front of him with Ginyu following suit. Frieza saw that he had the young woman from earlier in his arms and was a little shocked to see her there. "What do we have here?"

"It is not like I really wanted to do this," She snapped at him, removing her arms from around the other's neck. Ginyu took this time to remove his arms from underneath her, making her fall onto the ground on her backside. She let out a cry, glaring up at him as she quickly stood up and rubbed the spot where she had fallen.

"Why did you come back if you didn't want to?"

"It is the only way I though of that I could find the Jedi," She hissed him, wiping any remains of sand off of her clothing.

"Yes. That is one way to catch them," Frieza muttered sarcastically, a half smile creeping onto his lips. He then frowned, turning to his father. "Why did you leave?"

"You should know why," Cold snapped, his eyes going over towards Amidala. Frieza didn't say anything to this at first, then his frown deepened.

"That doesn't matter. We are ready to find the Saiyans," He said, turning around to look around the space port. "Unfortunately, our 'friend' hasn't arrived back from space."

"I thought I saw a ship hovering over the outskirts of the township, but it could have just been the trick of the desert," Ginyu said. Frieza didn't say anything, narrowing his eyes at the blank space that the Sith's ship should have been. His patience was wearing thin, his options directing themselves to other means of getting what he want, no matter how deadly they would be.

****

This was the last resort he had come to and he was not that happy with doing it. Even after going to the obvious places, like Master Roshi's island and where the Son homestead was, Piccolo had been no closer to finding what was going on then he had when he was on top of the Lookout. Of course, Chi-Chi gave the information that eventually lead him to Capsule Corps.

It was there that he met up with Mrs. Briefs, who offered him milk and cookies. Even after turning down the offer several times, there was no way around it other then to tell her that he was there to see Bulma and was stressed for time. That seemed to work for the time being as he was directed towards where the geniuses of the household did their work.

Bulma had explained the things that Chi-Chi didn't already snarl loudly, but it wasn't enough to explain the odd feelings he was getting. He couldn't explain it, not even to the woman. She didn't have much to tell him in the sense of what she already didn't tell him other then the fact that there was more bad news.

"I am sorry, Piccolo. Goku and Vegeta had taken the last working ship through the portal," Bulma said as she and Piccolo now stood in front of the building of the Capsule Corp. complex that housed the computers and such, her hands on her hips.

"How long will it take for you to fix one?" Piccolo demanded, his pink and green arms crossed over his chest. His cape laid perfectly still on his back, his shoulder pads jutting out from his body. His purple training clothes kept him warm most of the time, even during the long winter months. His white and purple turban overshadowed a green, scowling face, his pointed ears the only thing coming out from under it.

"It will take at least two weeks to fix the major problems with the ship with the least amount of troubles with it. Even then I can't guarantee that it is half workable," She admitted sheepishly.

"Damn it, I don't have several weeks," The Namek growled, already at the end of his patience. "I need to go through that thing Goku and the others went through."

"What is so important about that damn portal? It's making everyone go crazy," Bulma said, pressing together as she leaned towards him.

"My guess is that Frieza is over there and probably not alone."

"Frieza. Why didn't anyone say that before?" She asked sarcastically. "I know Goku was muttering something about seeing someone from his past over there to Krillin."

"I wasn't sure then, and I am still not."

"Well, if they come back through the portal again, then they can tell you first hand."

"What? They've been back already?" Piccolo's eyes went wide as he slowly dropped his arms to his side.

"Yes, they did. Must of forgotten to tell you that," She said with a light shrug. "They came back in this crazy looking ship that crashed about several miles outside the city. They were three other people, whom I think they called themselves some kind of knights." She looked thoughtful for a moment then shook her head. "Anyways, like I said before, Krillin, Tien, and Yamcha went with Goku, Vegeta, and those three strangers back through the portal. They were also mumbling something about Cell, Gero, and the androids."

"No, it is not them. I can faintly sense something else, but I just can't place it just yet."

"Do you think it is something else that you guy's fought before?" Bulma asked, a small hint of worry in her voice.

"I believe so. Who, or what, I don't know." Piccolo looked up at the sky as if he could see the portal swirling in the space above the Earth's atmosphere. "And I plan on finding out."

****

Vegeta had his eyes closed, his back leaning against one of the side walls of the cockpit where he had stayed for the majority of the trip. His arms were crossed over his chest and his head bowed to the ground. He had been listening to the soft hum of the controls and the breathing of Ki-Adi for at least an hour now, which placed him into a trance-like state.

He heard the doors to the room open and someone walk in from somewhere else inside the ship. He didn't open his eyes nor did he utter a sound. He would keep his silence to himself and his thoughts in his head for the time being, but he did listen to the conversation.

"Did you get any new information?" Ki-Adi's voice asked the newcomer.

"Not much, really," Obi-Wan's own voice replied. "So far, I have managed to get out of them nothing new about Frieza or anything related to him. I do believe that they don't think that Cell is what the Sith was after."

"Are you sure?"

"I am positive. I have already come up with the conclusion that this Cell thing isn't one of those creatures that would go out of it's way to defeat Goku. At least, have a very strong desire to kill or badly hurt him or his son." There was a pause as if the Jedi had to catch his breath. "I believe that any creature that has encountered Goku or one of his friends in the last five to seven years and has come back for a second or third round is with the Sith now. Frieza is one of them."

"Is there any other's that will be one of them?"

"Krillin mentioned something about a person named Garlic Jr., but I don't know if he was brought into this realm yet or not. However, I wouldn't be surprised if it was him that the Sith had taken out from the other universe just a little while ago," Obi-Wan said. The Saiyan heard the squeak of the pilot's chair move as he opened his eyes just a bit to see who was where.

"How bad is it?" Ki-Adi asked.

"To tell you the truth, I really don't know. From what I gout of it was that this creature used what they called the Dragon Balls to make himself immortal. He was then sent into a place called the Dead Zone at least twice, the second time for good."

"Immortal?" The other Jedi asked slowly. "Even if it was possible, it would make things a bit harder then they are now."

"I wouldn't be worried about it right now. The Sith may not have brought him in yet or miscalculated on something with the portal. If he did, I don't see how he could be a problem since I don't see how a bunch of small, round objects can make someone immortal by wishing upon them."

"Shows what you know," Vegeta muttered. He opened his eyes to see Obi-Wan and Ki-Adi staring at him as if they had not seen him before.

"Have you seen these so called Dragon Balls before?' Obi-Wan asked, trying to keep his voice calm and level.

"More then once and another kind. There isn't just the Earth's Dragon Balls," The Saiyan said, nodding.

"I wonder," Ki-Adi mused, leaning back in the pilot's chair as his eyes darted from Vegeta to Obi-Wan.

"What?" Vegeta demanded sourly.

"Would the Dragon Balls work in our universe to help us get rid of the intruders?"

"I don't know and I don't care," Vegeta snapped.

"What are you suggesting that we do?" Obi-Wan asked, raising a eyebrow.

"When we reach Coruscant, you could take a small ship and go back through the portal. Then, when you land on Earth, go after these Dragon Balls. It would be something to find out about."

"I wouldn't know where to look," The Jedi admitted sheepishly.

"Then take one of them with you. They should know where they are located," Ki-Adi said, nodding over towards Vegeta. Obi-Wan looked in the Saiyan's direction, a forced smile on his lips. Vegeta looked from one Jedi to the other, an unconcerned look on his face.

"I told you before, I don't care. Besides, it is not worth going over an entire planet just to find seven Dragon Balls," He snapped. "I don't even know if they have been used in the last year. It would take a while for them to regenerate. Plus, it would be worthless to use something like that to our advantage since there are certain side effects that might cause worse problems."

"You just don't want us to collect them, right?" Ki-Adi said knowingly.

"What's the point of using them if there wouldn't be a half decent fight for our lives?"

Obi-Wan opened his mouth to say something, but was cut short by the look on his companion's face. He quickly shut his mouth, turning his head to the wall that held no Saiyans. One idea was worthless while others seemingly were ready to be used.

To Be Continued