Crossover Fan Fiction / Dragon Ball/Z/GT Fan Fiction ❯ Dark Angel ❯ Chapter 25 ( Chapter 25 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Dark Angel

Disclaimer: I do not own Dragon Ball Z or any of the Dragon Ball Z characters. I do not own Star Wars or any of the Star Wars characters. They are owned by those who own them. I do, however, own the fic all of this is in. That is all.

Chapter Twenty-Five

Obi-Wan did not want to go back into the Jedi Temple, not for fear of what was going to happen, but not wanting to return to the duties that awaited inside. On the streets of Coruscant, very few people looked towards him as a Jedi Master, someone who once helped saved a planet and a queen from a blockade put into action by a corrupt system. Here, they viewed him as someone just like themselves but with a talent that very few had.

He had walked a bit longer then he had knew he had, his gaze looking up at the tall buildings that dwarfed him. It was a rare sight to see a Jedi moving aimlessly around streets with nothing to protect, but it was even rarer for a Jedi to be able to do such a thing. There was so much movement in a single Jedi life that held no time for simple pleasures like moving about without anything holding him back. It would be one of the few times now or in the future that he would be able to get the chance to ignore the call of duty, even if it was for a few moments.

Even with not wanting to return to this world within a world, Obi-Wan walked down one of the more populated corridors of the Temple, his grey-blue eyes looking back and forth among the Jedi that were walking down the same path, trying to find someone out of this same crowd. He had just entered through the arched entrance a few moments earlier, walking slowly at first before quickening his pace towards a pre-determined destination inside the Temple itself. There was something wrong with this situation that he didn't like at all and it seemed to be growing inside of him as more time passed. It had started a few moments before he met Dex in the diner not too long ago, nagging at him then and still was doing it now.

Even before that moment, when he had first left the Temple to go in search of something that he didn't even know what it was, there was something else that he didn't like about this. Something that no one else, in the Jedi Order or not, could sense but himself. What was it that he felt growing inside of him that he wished would just go away? Was it the looming battle that all knew, even the Council itself, would not be deterred by words alone? He was thankful that there were others that knew what they were doing in something like this, but was it for the right cause?

Vegeta seemed to want bloodless more then Goku or the others did and that was becoming more confusing as time went on. Krillin seemed to be more afraid of what Frieza might do then what the Saiyans would possibly be doing at this moment. If that was the case in general, why then? What was so scary about someone like this that no one knew about but this handful of people? There were so many questions that needed to be answered but there was no place to go to answer them at.

He didn't know why exactly he had gone to Dex for information in the first place when he had the answers right in front of him even if he didn't see them at the moment. Everything was becoming more and more confusing as time went on and it would eventually worsen if he didn't find something or someone to give him the answers he needed to hear. Maybe I am just looking in the wrong places or asking the wrong questions, He thought as he turned around a corner that lead into the rooms that the Jedi shared with their Padawans or had one by his or her self. There were fewer and fewer Jedi in this area, which meant fewer chances to find someone whom he was looking for. Maybe I am just doing this to make sure that it is really happening. Maybe once this is all over and done with that these answers will surface. I don't know when, but they will.

"Obi-Wan?" A familiar yet commanding voice called out from behind the Jedi, causing him to drop his thoughts entirely. Obi-Wan slowed down a few steps as Mace walked towards him from the same path in which the other Jedi had just taken, a serious expression on his face. The two Jedi walked side-by-side down the walkway, allowing for a few moments of silence before Mace spoke again. "Where were you? The ship is ready to leave and they are waiting."

"I said that I had to walk for a while and perhaps get some information, neither of which was much of help. No questions of mine were answered the way I wanted them to be answered," Obi-Wan replied blandly, glancing over towards the elder Jedi. "Is everyone aboard the ship?"

"Not yet. I was just about to get them before I met up with you." Mace returned the glance. "You should go to the ship and wait for them there."

"No. There are a few a few things that I need to know before we tell them that everything is ready. Something that I can't understand yet or probably won't until everything is over with."

"Such as?" Mace asked, a little surprised at that were still some unanswered questions left for anyone to answer.

"I need to know if there is any other way to sense a person other then through the Force," The started, turning his head forwards. It wasn't exactly one of the questions that he wanted to get some answers for since there was few that could answer it nor did he want to put it in a way that it was a question, but by all means he was going to say it anyways. He didn't even know what else he was going to ask the group of strangers from another universe entirely until he saw them and the questions came off of his tongue. "By that, I mean where a person is on a planet and the like."

"No, not to my knowledge," Mace said a moment later. "Remember, the Force resides in all living things and that is how we are able to sense people and danger."

"Perhaps," Obi-Wan mused thoughtfully as the two Jedi stopped at the room where the outside strangers were waiting. Both looked at the door for a moment before they turned their heads towards each other.

"Perhaps what?" Mace asked confusingly as Obi-Wan pressed the button to inform their guests that someone was there, ignoring the other Jedi's question. There was, however, no response to the call after a few moments before the Jedi did it several more times. Muffled sounds came from the other side of the metal doors as they opened, revealing all those that were present. It was Vegeta that was by the door itself, glaring down at each of their hosts as Goku sat up on the bed that he had been laying upon. Krillin and Tien stopped up from the other bed, looking ready to leave while Yamcha looked around the Saiyan to see who was there.

"What do you want?" Vegeta growled, his words directed more so towards Obi-Wan then Mace.

"From what I hear, the ship is flyable condition and is ready to leave," The Jedi said without any emotion in his voice or on his face. Vegeta gave a snicker and a smirk as he started to walk out of the door with that information in hand, but Obi-Wan put his arm out as he placed his hand upon the frame in which the door slid into. This blocked Vegeta's exit almost fully, causing him to stop and stare at the one that had blocked his exit. "Not so fast, Vegeta. The ship, Frieza, and the queen can wait for a few more moments. It won't take us long to get back to Tatooine, especially with all of this going on."

"What the hell do you want from us now?" Vegeta snapped irritably, crossing his arms over his chest. Yamcha pushed himself from the wall, an interested look passing over his face as his friends and himself started at the brave Jedi in question. "If you are looking for information, we've already given it to you. Besides, you haven't been that great with information yourself."

"Vegeta, you said before that you knew Frieza the best. Why is that?" Obi-Wan questioned. He ignored the icy tone that the other held in his voice, brushing it off like he didn't hear it.

"Why does it matter to you?"

"It doesn't really matter. I just want to make sure that this isn't a sign that the Force is failing us now and that this isn't all something that we're are hallucinating. If it isn't, I'd like to know if the other side doesn't have an advantage over us."

"Even if I said why I knew Frieza better then these Earthlings, what makes you so sure that it isn't part of your hallucination?" Vegeta snapped, ignoring the last bit of what Obi-Wan said.

"It would be a start even if it was just that. I don't have to explain myself on anything more."

"Neither do I or the things I know. Let's just say that you wouldn't understand," The Saiyan replied icily, moving under the other's arm as he started to walk down the corridor that would lead them to the ship. Krillin and Tien looked at each other, their mouths opening closing quickly without word before they shrugged, soon following Vegeta's same footsteps. Yamcha watched them go, eyeing the Jedi as well as he walked over towards him with his hands going into his pockets.

"You know, the best way to understand this is just to watch what is going on once we get there. Then maybe your questions will be answered the way that you want them to be answered," He said plainly as Obi-Wan put his arm down to his side. Yamcha moved past him without much as a look back, Goku standing up from the bed that he had been laying on.

"Goku, what do you have to offer us on this matter?" Mace prompted, hoping to get something more then angry words from the group. The Saiyan walked to the doorway, his black eyes moving between Mace and Obi-Wan before they centered into the middle of the two.

"I have a feeling that this isn't going to be something that Frieza is just going to hand us without anything happening. We know what he does and how he acts, so words alone won't help us. Let us take care of Frieza and the rest of them and they can take care of trying to rescue the queen," He said after several moments of silence. Obi-Wan backed up to allow him to leave as Goku moved past him, giving both Jedi what was thought to be a forced smile. Mace blinked his eyes, both watching the backs of the strangers until they turned around the corner, one by one.

"I'll go make sure that they get to the ship without stumbling upon something that they shouldn't see or be in," Mace said, turning and walking away from Obi-Wan before the Jedi snatched the other's arm. He turned his head towards Obi-Wan his eyes twitching for a moment before he nodded to him to go with whatever he had to say.

"Mace, I don't want this to end up in a big battle that will destroy Tatooine or quite possibly even more then that. Just not as much as the Council does. There is only so much we can avoid," Obi-Wan said, nodding in the direction that the other's had gone into. "Remember, they aren't from this universe, so what they consider limits aren't necessarily our limits and vice versa."

"I know, so that is why you need to diver a battle as much as possible. You know don't what they are going to do or how they are going to handle it," Mace said, trying to get his arm out free.

"Exactly my point."

"And that would be?"

"I don't think that a battle can be diverted despite how much we don't want it because what they think is a battle is war to us. It is not going to happen no matter how hard we try," Obi-Wan said before letting go of Mace's wrist. The two stared at each other for a moment's time before Obi-Wan moved past the other, his eyes straight forward. He knew what the other Jedi was thinking and, quite frankly, he didn't care anymore. Going with the Council's wishes of not having a battle was useless especially if one of their own was even considering not following that order. From the few things that he had heard about Frieza and the rest of them and his limited knowledge of the Sith, there was nothing that showed that any kind of battle could and would be averted. He would get this over and done with by the time forty-eight hours would be up.

He just hoped that this was something worth risking his Jediship.

****

Coldness, hunger, and a small level of despair had set in as Amidala of the Naboo sat in the small room that the Sith had placed her into, her arms and legs aching from the chains that bound her ankles and wrists to the wall. She figured she would have some kind of bruising by the time she was taken out of them, or some other kind of injury to her wrists and ankles. It would be nothing that time wouldn't heal.

She desperately wanted to get away from those that were keeping her here, yet she also harbored some anger at the Jedi for not coming as fast as she knew that they could. She knew that they wouldn't come as swiftly as many people, including herself, would want them to come, yet she knew that they would have moved a lot faster then they were going now. She hoped that nothing was holding them back from this.

She sighed, bowing her head down towards the ground as she closed her eyes. She knew that Panaka would be worried about her not returning as soon as he expected her to come, however he also knew that she could handle herself in any situation. Besides he knew he would be in trouble if he went back to Naboo without the queen in tow. He probably would lose his life for it if anyone found out that she wasn't with him now. If he and the others could only see me now, The queen thought bitterly with a small chuckle. On the verge of giving up and in chains, awaiting a death from an unknown enemy. He'd probably get some sense into me by telling me that I've faced worse things then this.

Amidala shook her head to get those thoughts of giving up out of her mind as she opened her eyes and moved her head up slightly. She couldn't be thinking of trying to give up when it didn't seem like anything bad was going to happen to her. Unless, of course, the Jedi never came to get her, leaving her to face the Sith alone with creatures she had never seen before in her life. I shouldn't be thinking things like this, She told herself. They will come. Hopefully. Yet, I know I or the Republic can't always depend on the Jedi to help us when we need that certain help.

She took in another breath, closing her eyes once again as she placed her head upon the cold wall that was behind her. She just hoped that everything would come together so that it would be all over with.

****

Anakin waited by the open ramp for Obi-Wan and the others to come, his blue eyes impatiently watching overtop the landing platform for the ship that would bring them up to him. Ki-aid was still inside the ship, doing some last minute checking before they would go back to Tatooine. It would probably be a faster journey back to the desert planet then it had been to Coruscant only because there was something more at stake then getting told by the Council that there could be nothing more then peaceful negotiations. There would be and has not had anything peaceful abut this trip, The boy thought bitterly as he took in a deep breath and waited even more for the group to arrive.

He looked at the situation no differently then he had with the dispute with the Trade Federation on Naboo. He knew, from that experience alone, he would have to sit on the sidelines and wait until everything was over and done with so that he would not be hurt or worse, killed. Even so, the young Padawan still wanted to get into the battle like he had before, even if it was something unknowingly that he did. Then it hadn't been a big deal since few knew who actually few the small Naboo ship into the core of the control ship. Many figured it was some random pilot that just got lucky while others knew who exactly it was that had helped disarm the Federation.

Things were different in the life of a Jedi, more so then that one of a random person walking along the streets of Coruscant. Anakin didn't miss having to work for Watto at all, especially the days that he desperately wanted to go play with his friends or finish building his pod racer that Watto knew nothing of. There were days, however, that the other had seen the longing in the boy's eyes to go outside and use up any access energy, thus giving him the rare opportunity to use it up before he had to go back to work once again. Then there were the times that Watto refused the boy to do anything but the work he was supposed to do around the shop. In the end, however, it was a little bit worth it because neither his mother nor himself went without shelter or food.

"Have they come yet?" Ki-Adi's voice asked, startling Anakin as he jumped slightly from his position from the ever-so-watchful side of the platform. He turned around quickly to see the older Jedi standing there, a grim yet hopeful expression that was on his almost unreadable face.

"Not yet, but I think they will be coming shortly," Anakin said softly, a little intimidated by the towering figure of the Jedi Master. Even Master Yoda, who wasn't more then a foot or so shorter then he was, intimidated him so, not because of his height but because of his knowledge of the living Force, his calming nature, and the wisdom of nearly nine-hundred years of being a Jedi Master. Ki-Adi nodded slightly, a smile peering out from the expression that he still maintained.

"When they come, then we will be off," He said before turning around and walked back into the ship. Anakin sighed as he looked over his shoulder at the looming edge of the platform. Despite his impatience to get this situation over with, he didn't want to hurry up and go back to Tatooine. He hated that planet as much as he had hated working for Watto those three years ago. Oh well. At least I will be able to see the queen again, The Padawan thought with a half smile as he turned back around and waited for the group to come back to the ship.

It would be a trip to remember.

To Be Continued