Crossover Fan Fiction / Dragon Ball/Z/GT Fan Fiction ❯ Dark Angel ❯ Chapter 24 ( Chapter 24 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Dark Angel

Disclaimer: I do not own Dragon Ball Z or any of the Dragon Ball Z characters. I do not own Star Wars or any of the Star Wars characters. They are owned by those who own them. I do, however, own the fic all of this is in. That is all.

Chapter Twenty-Four

Obi-Wan walked down one of the many side streets that criss-crossed over Courscant, the hood of his dark brown outer robes pulled over his head so that only some of his face was visible from underneath it. He made sure that he could still see from under it, recalling several times in the past when he had the hood too low and bumped into things that he shouldn't have bumped into. Qui-Gon had lectured him on that many times before and sometimes he hadn't even bothered to listen at some points. But, it was always helpful when he did and he used that little bit of help every so often, sometimes even echoing the same words of his fallen Master to his own Padawan.

He didn't really bother using any kind of small ship to get where he wanted to go on this day. In fact, it wasn't that far from the Jedi Temple, so he decided to walk away from it as quickly as possible so that no other Jedi would notice that he was gone besides Mace. The Jedi figured that he was going to be in some trouble with the Council for going for outside information that was not found in the Archives or the other Jedi, but that was just something that wasn't going to happen. Even Jedi had to get some new information from outside sources, reliable or not, so that they wouldn't have to rely solely on the Archives.

He hadn't exactly lied to Mace that he was going to wander the streets of Coruscant. In fact, it was part of the truth. It wasn't hard to find yourself in a place where you shouldn't be without knowing which direction you had to go to get back to where you had come from. Obi-Wan had done that several times in his youth, but this trip into Coruscant's streets went with more knowledge of where he was going and what place he wanted to be.

Obi-Wan stopped short, his hidden eyes diverting to a small diner next to him. It wasn't like the tall buildings around it as they reached into the lower man-made atmosphere of Courscant. In fact, many people were walking past it even though there were countless others inside that same diner. The Jedi had to smile as he looked it over before walking into it, glancing around before he entered. It was only when he was fully inside the tiny establishment did he take off his hood to look around some more. Few alien heads turned to see who had entered then went back to their meals like nothing out of the ordinary happened. It was certainly a sight to see a Jedi Master walking into a place like this, but they didn't care. It wasn't their business to know what one was doing in it, so they ignore him for the time being. Until something happened that was more interesting then another patron entering a diner, they had other things to do then watch him.

As he was about to sit at one of the open tables that wasn't near any large group of creatures, a waitress droid came from somewhere in the diner, scurrying over towards the Jedi with a rag in one of her mechanical hands. If she had been human, or some humanoid-like creature that he could easily read facial features, he would have seen a look of constant disgust on her face.

"Can I help ya?" She asked blandly, barely even noticing that the Jedi hadn't even sat down at the table when she began to wipe it down for him. He assumed that this droid figured he was going to get something to eat as well, which was the farthest thing from the truth although he did enjoy the occasional meal from this particular diner.

"Dex. I need to speak to him," Obi-Wan replied, not really interested to listen a droids questions that he had heard several times before. He knew that Ki-Adi and Anakin would have the ship ready and waiting for him, or close to it when he returned, and the rest of the group would be waiting for him. He didn't want to be late for it even if he was only a few minutes over from returning.

"Waddya wa---"

"I don't have time for your questions," Obi-Wan said quickly, half wishing this droid was a human or some other creature so that he could have used the Force to make her go faster. "I just need to talk to Dex."

The droid made a whirling noise as she stopped wiping the table and moved away from it as she went towards the counter, ignoring the look of tiredness that was on the Jedi's face.

"Someone to see you honey!" She yelled into the back before the droid went off to tend to the other customers, which consisted mostly of freighters and the like. Not even a few seconds after the droid announced that there was a creature inside the diner looking for someone, a head popped into the open area of the serving hatch, it's eyes moving onto the standing visitor. Then a huge smile came upon it's lips as he recognized the person.

"Obi-Wan! Take a seat. Be right with ya!" This creature said, dipping back into the kitchen area.

Obi-Wan nodded slightly, glancing towards a single open table as he made his way to it. Not a moment after he sat down onto a chair did the person that he wanted to talk to walked from behind the counter, the smile still on his lips. He was a massive creature with four arms that could pound anything into the ground as his stomach jutted out from underneath the greasy clothing that he wore. Few others would want to actually go up against a creature such as Dexter Jettseter, and for good reason too.

"Hi, Dex. It's been a while since I've been here," The Jedi said with as much sincerity as he had left in him. In fact, that was the truth since the Council had kept him busy in the last few months.

"I know, I know," Dex replied, standing at the other side of the table as Obi-Wan sat the rest of the way down onto the chair. "What can I do for ya?"

"I was wondering if you knew anything about portals," Obi-Wan said, looking around at the other customers in order to make sure that none of them were listening to what the two were, and might, going to say. It was similar to one of Tatooine's many cantinas, but with less of a chance for ears to pick up information.

"Portals?" Dex now had a wondering look on his face as be blinked his eyes at his old friend. "What kind of portals? There's different kinds, you see."

"The kind that you can travel into, say, a different universe," The Jedi replied easily. "The kind where everything is different from the one you know of. I was hoping that you would know of ones that have appeared in the past since you've been around the galaxy several times. Maybe even read it in some kind of collection of books or something like that."

"It's possible something like that can exist. I've heard of what some might call 'dimensional gateways', but I've heard it only as myths in some of the cultures in the newly charted areas. There are even fewer people who have claimed to have been in a different universe when only they've been into unknown and uncharted territory." Dex leaned forwards slightly. "As for it being put into writing, I don't think anything like that would have been kept in a public archive. Suppose the droids you've got couldn't help ya, huh?"

"I don't have anything to give to them for their analysis," Obi-Wan said, a half defeated look coming upon his face before he dropped his voice down to a level that hopefully Dex would be able to hear without the Jedi having to raise his voice any higher then it was already. "The reason I'm asking is because I have some new friends that, what someone would say, 'aren't of this galaxy'." He looked around for a moment before returning his gaze back to his friend. "Actually, they aren't even of this universe."

"Not of this universe?" Dex said, looking a little confused and in the right mind to keep his voice down as well. "How can that be? There's no species that isn't a part of this galaxy, even if no one has seen them before."

"It's possible, I can assure you," The Jedi said, not even believing his own words. "Listen, these new friends of mine seem to not register as a life form that resides within the living Force. I can't really sense them through the Force without giving myself a headache to find even the littlest trace inside them. It seems as though they aren't even living or even part of the Force in a sense that Jedi, or non-Jedi to an extent, can understand. They claim to have this power that can blow up a planet if they could, and I have seen two of them change in what they call a 'Super Saiyan'. The rest of them are human enough, I can say that much."

"Super Saiyan? Sounds like a species of power, I can tell you that," Dex replied with a thought. His voice told the other that he didn't know what a Saiyan was without Obi-Wan having much information to give to him.

"Yes, it seems like it," Obi-Wan said, sliding off of the chair as he sighed. "Are you sure that you don't know anything people traveling into portals and the like?"

"Yup. I'll ask around for any information on..."

"No, that's okay, Dex," The Jedi said quickly, glancing around at the other customers that were inside the diner. He already took a big risk on telling Dex about the portal and the strangers from the other side of the portal; he didn't want anyone else to know that there was something that could lead to another world. Besides, with his luck, if this leak of information went out further then it already had, it might go back to the Council's ears, no matter how long it took. "No one knows anything about this other then the Jedi. Thanks."

Dex smiled, nodding as the Jedi bowed his head in return, placing his hood back onto his head. The two old friends quickly said their goodbyes, the Jedi leaving as quickly as he had come, hoping that no one outside the diner had seen him come or go and hoped that no one overheard the conversation that he just had.

It was hard finding information as a Jedi, but there was no one else left to do it.

****

Amidala found herself in a position which she had already damned herself several times in, her thoughts drifting off to what would happen if the Jedi did not show up in the time limit she knew had been set down for her. She now had her hands and legs shackled to a wall in the same room she had been placed in before, leaving enough room for her to move and stretch enough in. Some of Siddious's workable droids had come in to put her into this position in the room instead of having actual people do this work. She complied with it, knowing that this person would most likely kill her before she found out what was really going on.

She had found solace in the droids when she had watched them clasp the chains around her ankles and without fail or without word. The young queen figured they had long since been programmed to do nothing but the Sith's dirty work in which he had no man power to use. These droids left as soon as they had finished their job, whirling and clicking out of the room without a look behind at the captured girl.

Amidala sighed, leaning her back upon the wall as she stared up at the ceiling. She knew how she had gotten herself into his mess without even having to think about it even though she knew it was partly her fault that she was in this position in the first place. The other part of the blame fell onto the two Jedi that should have said something to her earlier but remained silent throughout the whole ordeal so far. She figured it was all just a dream that she would wake up from at any moment, but it seemed like it wasn't going to happen this time. Like the Trade Federation blockade, Amidala knew she would get out of this somehow at some giving point.

Even if it killed her.

****

"I still say we kill her now," Frieza said nastily, his arms crossed over his chest as he his tail moved back and forth violently. Cold had to stoop down in the cockpit of the ship in order to be comfortable, his eyes and facial expression showing that he was bored out of his mind. Ginyu wa sin another part of the ship, perhaps getting ready for what might be the biggest battle the two universes might witness. Garlic, Jr was sitting on the floor opposite Frieza and Cold, his head bowed down towards the ground as his arms were loosely crossed over his chest and his eyes closed. It didn't mean that he wasn't awake however; he was just as bored, like the others, and a light nap wouldn't hurt at all.

"Then there would be no reason for them to come here," Siddious replied hastily as he sat in the pilot's seat, his head covering his features as he faced the outsiders. "I know you want revenge, as do I, but killing the queen early won't do us any good. When the two days are up, then you may kill or torture her as you would like. Until then, there will be no blood she unless it is the Jedi, the Saiyans, or whoever you'd like besides her."

Siddious knew what he was going to do with Amidala as soon as the Jedi and the Saiyans were dealt with. The Viceroy of the Trade Federation had once expressed his need for the queen's body to be laid out in front of his office as a throw rug, however the Sith wasn't going to hand over a prize like the Queen of Naboo so easily. There were other things that he could do with her alive and, if those proved to be fruitless, then she would die.

As for his new 'friends', and with the exception of Garlic, Jr, they were easily disposable. How he was going to deal with the little creature was a mystery all on it's own. Perhaps there was a way around immortality that he, or anyone else, knew of at the moment. Only the future could tell of this.

"They wouldn't know what happened to the girl. After all, I doubt they would be able to sense her death with what you call the 'Force'," Frieza rambled on with growing anger.

"Don't under estimate the Jedi," Siddious said as calmly as he could. "They can do things that you don't know of and many other things. They know things faster then you can blink."

"And you don't under estimate us," Frieza said blandly, his eyes flaring up. Cold yawned, ignoring his son's temper for the moment as his attention went from one being to the next and back again. This was actually a form of entertainment in which he found amusing. "My patience has run dry. I don't want to wait for those Saiyans to come here."

"I understand, but patience is what you need right now no matter how hard it might be. I can't offer you any more then what is laid before you," The Sith said, his patience already worn as well. The way that the Icejin went on about patience and the Saiyan's was annoying to no end and this was one plan he couldn't wait to finish.

"Fine," The Icejin growled under his breath, his eyes turning into slits. "But, when I become more impatient then I already am, you had better hope my anger isn't directed towards you."

****

Anakin kept his fingers steadily pushing buttons on the control panel, his eyes watching the slights blink on and off again. He stood not that far away from the edge of the controls, not bothering to sit at either the co-pilots or the pilots chair as he was too occupied with what he was doing at the moment to sit down. Ki-Adi was in another part of the sip, doing some of his own checking of the walls and such of the rooms to make sure that nothing had cracked when it had gone through the portal both times and when Obi-Wan had landed upon the other planet.

Even though they knew everything was already running okay, they had to make sure that there wasn't any lingering damage done to important parts of the ship. For safety sake at least and to put the Council's mind at ease when they retrieved Amidala from Tatooine. They also had to make sure that they didn't come back with any unknown items from the other universe, which would cause widespread chaos in the galaxy and beyond. Just with the small, unknown group, everything seemed to have made this out of control even if no one else knew about it.

The door to the cockpit opened and the form of Ki-Adi stepped through, his eyes moving towards the young Padawan as the boy turned his head over his shoulder to see who had entered. There was a fleeting look of impatience on his face as it disappeared before it could be detected. Neither one spoke, each watching the other for a moment before the child spoke.

"The controls are fine from what I can tell. Nothing seems to be wrong with many of the controls," Anakin spoke in a dull tone, taking his hand off of the control panel and turning around fully to the Jedi in front of him. "That doesn't mean something might go wrong if we need to get away fast."

"Never mind that right now. I am sure that this ship has suffered worse. Nothing else seems to be wrong with the other parts of the ship, either. Like you said, it doesn't mean something won't go wrong," Ki-Adi replied, moving forwards as he sat down onto the pilot's chair with a sigh. "However, I suppose Obi-Wan would want to check it out for himself. Never satisfied until he knows himself."

"Where is he anyways?" The Padawan asked without so much as a hint of wonder as to where his Master was.

"I do not know that answer. He probably is off doing something other then worrying about this mission."

"He seems like he doesn't care about the queen."

"Ah, it may seem like that, be he does care. He just has a funny way of showing it," The elder Jedi told him just before a beeping sound went off on the controls. Ki-Adi swirled the chair around to the panel, moving a hand quickie to several buttons as a hologram came up on a small pad on the controls, showing the image of Mace and Yoda in front of them.

"Alright the ship is?" Yoda asked briefly.

"Yes, it is. We should be getting ready to depart once everyone else is ready to go," Ki-Adi replied, turning just a little to address the other Jedi. "Where is Obi-Wan?"

"He went of to think and get some information," Mace said sourly, a hint of bitterness coming onto his face. "That was an hour ago and the sun has already begun to show. We have not seen him since then."

"Why don't you go to the Archives and get him?" Anakin asked, looking confused as to why they hadn't gone there to retrieve him from there yet.

"He didn't go toe the Archives," Mace stated just as sour.

"No matter," Yoda said briskly, the hologram of the two Jedi fizzling for a moment before the image became clear again. "Get the group, we shall."

Ki-Adi nodded as the hologram faded from view, leaving the remaining Jedi and Padawan alone in the cockpit in silence. The eldest Jedi stood up once a few moments of pure silence had past, walking towards the doorway before Anakin spoke.

"Where are you going?" The boy asked, watching him closely.

"Getting the ramp ready for them. I am sure that at least Vegeta is ready to go by now. I have a feeling this is going to be one interesting rescue to say the least."

Ki-Adi didn't know how right his words were as he left the cockpit, leaving Anakin to ten to the controls. Whatever was going to happen, they would be ready for it.

To Be Continued