Crossover Fan Fiction / Dragon Ball/Z/GT Fan Fiction ❯ Dark Angel ❯ Chapter 23 ( Chapter 23 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Dark Angel

Disclaimer: I do not own Dragon Ball Z or any of the Dragon Ball Z characters. I do not own Star Wars or any of the Star Wars characters. They are owned by those who own them. I do, however, own the fic all of this is in. That is all.

Chapter Twenty-Three

"I still don't see why in the hell we need to wait so damn long," Vegeta grumbled hotly as he paced at the front of the room with his arms crossed over his chest and his usual pissed off expression on his face. Goku was laying on one of the two beds in the room with his hands behind his head and his eyes closed all the way. Yamcha leaned against the wall that was the closest to where Goku was laying, his arms also crossed over his chest but his eyes were diverted somewhere else at the moment. Krillin and Tien sat on the second bed in the room, each at either end of it as both looked quite bored with what was going on.

Everyone had grown restless in the last hour and a half of waiting, especially Vegeta. No one was bothering to get much sleep that night, although all had drifted into a light sleep before jolting awake as if something was about to barge into the room at any given moment. They all knew what was waiting for them on the other side of the galaxy and they were too shaky to even get a decent moment's rest.

Goku seemed to be the most relaxed person there, but looks could be deceiving. After all, a mind such as this Saiyan's could be anything but and the other's knew it. So many things had happened in the last few years that it was hard to tell anymore what was going through the other's mind at the moment or how everything seemed to go the wrong way when it should have gone right the first time around. They knew not to underestimate each other, but sometimes that was hard to do.

They were wondering how the others outside their small group were handling the waiting; Ki-Adi and Anakin had gone off to retrieve and check the ship on a landing platform not far from the Temple while Obi-Wan had gone off to who knows where. Vegeta had become agitated about waiting fifteen minutes after the trio of Jedi had left and it was still showing in the way that he was walking around and glaring at nothing in peculiar. The rest, however, were trying to remain as calm as they possibly could without snapping at each other or going up against Vegeta when they knew that they didn't have a chance to without getting a good beating. Except for Goku, that is.

"We know that Vegeta, but there isn't anything we can really do about it right now," Yamcha muttered, ,furrowing his brow a bit. The Saiyan grunted something under his breath, still pacing without a break in his stride.

"Do you feel like we are being left out in the dark? Like we haven't been told everything about what is going on here?" Tien asked, his three eyes moving along everyone in the room.

"It depends on what we know and what is really going on," Yamcha answered, his own eyes narrowing at bit at the wall he was now staring at, "but it seems....."

"We just have to trust them and not worry about what we do or do not know," Goku interrupted, not even bothering to open his eyes at them. Everyone, except for Vegeta, turned their heads towards him in surprise.

"Goku? Why should we trust them?" Krillin confusingly asked. "We don't know anything about them much less this universe. There isn't much to trust."

"We may not know anything about this universe or them, but they don't know anything about Frieza and the others," Goku told them. "We know more about them then they do. Think about it for a moment."

Vegeta stopped his pacing, turning his head sharply towards the other Saiyan with narrowed eyes that told the others more then they would have liked to know. He watched Goku for a moment, his mouth opening during this moment before he closed it quickly as if he didn't want to say the words that wanted to come out. He then snapped his head towards a wall, a hidden, thoughtful look entering his eyes as well as a small smile.

"What is there to think about?" Tien demanded, standing up from the position on the bed as he glared at Goku. "We are in a strange universe that we know nothing about with things that we have never seen before and probably never will again. We don't even know anything about these people nor have we even heard of them. They won't tell us because they are afraid that we might do something to harm them or worse."

"Not exactly, Tien." Goku took this opportunity to open his eyes and turn his head towards Tien, who was beginning to look even more pissed then Vegeta was. "We have the advantage over the Jedi no matter what we know or don't know. We know what Frieza's power is like. We know what he might do. We know we can beat him again."

"That still doesn't mean anything, Goku. We are still in a strange place," Krillin replied hastily. "It makes no sense whatsoever."

"It makes perfect sense," Vegeta said suddenly, turning his head back towards everyone else. It was their turn to look upon Vegeta like he didn't know what he was saying or that he was speaking something other then the language that they spoke. Goku sat up, moving his hands to this side as he stared at the other Saiyan with wide eyes as if he couldn't believe he was hearing this.

"Come again, Vegeta? I don't think I understand what you are saying," Krillin demanded, glaring at him. Vegeta turned his full body towards everyone else, taking several steps forwards as he dropped his hands at his side. He noticed the surprised looks on their faces and he smirked at that.

"Did you even understand anything when you were on Namek? No. Did the thought of being on a different planet enter your minds? Probably not. Did that matter? No." He then pointed directly towards Yamcha then moved his arm towards Tien. "All that mattered to you was the Dragon Balls to revive these two worthless beings. Unfortunately, the Dragon Balls mattered to me and to Frieza as well, so you fought for them. You didn't care if you were on your own home planet or not."

"Yes, but you guys weren't in a different universe then," Yamcha opted. "You were in your own, fighting them."

"I think I understand what Goku and Vegeta are trying to say," Krillin put in with his own thoughtful expression on his face.

"And what's that?" Tien asked.

"No matter where we fight, we are still fighting for the same thing and the same person. This is a good chance Frieza won't be any different then what he was on Namek, so why should it matter that we don't know anything about the universe that we fight him in?" He told them, looking around. "I certainly didn't know anything about Namek when I got there, but when everything was over and done with, I knew more then what I did before."

"Exactly," Goku answered, a pleased expression crossing his face although he still had a bit of surprise on his face. "We will know more when we leave this place then we do now."

"How do we know that we will learn anything else before this is all over and done with?" Yamcha asked uncertainly.

"We will just have to wait and see."

****

"How are we going to fight them if the Council won't allow it?" Anakin asked as he stood next to Ki-Adi in the transport that would be taking them back to the platform in which Obi-Wan's ship was docked. The ship had started to move up into the stream of the other ships that were going in the same direction as them, careful not to get into the path of an oncoming ship. Neither had bothered to find where Obi-Wan had gone off to, figuring that the third Jedi just needed to be alone for a while and to think over things.

The remaining two now were going to the ship in order to fix any remaining problems that still might be present in the ship. However, they had spent the last couple of hours resting from their trip from Tatooine. After all, even Jedi needed rest every so often.

"Don't worry about it, Anakin," Ki-Adi replied, smiling down towards the young Padawan. He knew the child was ready to go into battle, but was uneasy about that as well. "The Council doesn't have to know everything that we do. Besides, I felt something dark about those strangers when we were on Tatooine, and I doubt that anyone would want to see that darkness reach out into the universe, much less the Temple."

"Oh," Anakin muttered, shifting his weight from one foot to the other as he moved his gaze away from the elder Jedi. "What do you think will happen when we reach Tatooine?"

"I don't know what will happen this time around with all that has happened already. All I can tell you is that I hope our new found friends are as strong as they say they are because it looks like one of those times where Jedi may not be enough to get through this one."

"Do you know how strong they are?"

Ki-Adi didn't answer Anakin at that moment as he shifted his gaze up towards the ceiling of the moving transport. The young apprentice didn't question further as he looked back up at the Jedi, his eyes narrowing just a bit. Ki-Adi knew that the boy was waiting for him to say something that would satisfy his question, but it would be hard to answer. He didn't know how strong they were or any of the others for that matter. He couldn't say something and have that thing proven wrong later in the stream of time. It probably would have been best to leave the question unanswered, but he decided otherwise.

"I don't know the true answer to that question, Anakin," The Jedi said finally after a few moments of not speaking to each other. "They may be strong in their universe but we could be stronger then them in this one. Or it could be the other way around. I don't know. All I know is that we have to rescue Amidala before it is too late."

"How will we do that?" Anakin asked.

"That, Anakin, is what I still have to figure out."

****

Obi-Wan was in another part of the Jedi Temple, his eyes moving along the different Jedi and Padawans that were there. Many of the Padawans bowed their heads to him out of respect of an elder Jedi, but some of the Jedi Masters had to nudge their apprentice to do such a thing. The lone Jedi didn't care about that as he didn't notice half of the people that were around him, keeping his mind focused on what was laid ahead. There was something else that was on his mind and that something was nagging at him ever since he left Tatooine.

He had seen many things in his life as Qui-Gon's Padawan, mostly during the moment when he had watched in horror as his former Master was stabbed in the heart in front of him. At that moment, he knew, felt, and lived pure hatred for another being that he had never felt before. Obi-Wan knew that anyone in the Jedi Order, whether it was Jedi or Padawan, wasn't really allowed to feel hatred as it lead to the Dark Side, but at that time he didn't care. His Master, the one that he had known since he was a child, had been killed in front of him and he acted more out of pain then he did anger. Perhaps it was a mixture of the two, he didn't know. All he knew was that he hoped and wished that he would never have to feel such a horrible emotion again.

Obi-Wan sighed, quickening his pace. He felt the quizzical looks that the other Jedi and Padawans were giving him, but he ignored them like he had before. It wasn't their concern where he was going and why he was in such a hurry to do something as small as he was going to do. To them, it wasn't important, yet to him it was.

He had spent a good deal of time inside the room that he shared with Anakin before setting off to the Jedi Archives inside the massive building. There, he sat in front of stacks upon stacks of information that Jedi before him had collected, not knowing what exactly he was looking for. He tried looking for things that involved Saiyans, but no information had been found. The Jedi knew that they didn't exist in this universe, but there had to be other similar incidents that had happened before this date.

Then it hit him like a speeder had just crashed into his head. No one had questioned how the portal had come about nor had anyone wanted to find out. To find out the mystery of the portal, Obi-Wan began to dig through centuries worth of information before finding very little on the subject. In the end, he figured there was only one other way to get information and that was from an old friend.

"Where are you going so quickly, Obi-Wan?" A voice called out from behind him. Obi-Wan slowed down a bit, glancing over his shoulder as the familiar figure of Mace came up beside him with his hands clasped behind him tightly. "Aren't you supposed to be getting ready for your trip back to Tatooine?"

"Yes but I need to walk around the streets of Coruscant for a while to see if I can't think of any ways to do this without fighting," The other Jedi said in a hurried voice, turning his head back forwards sharply. There was a panicked look on his face now that indicated he didn't want Mace around at that moment. "I might even get some new information while I wait."

"And where exactly is this information?" Mace wondered.

"In the Jedi Archives."

"I see," Mace thoughtfully, pondering what the other had spoken. Obi-Wan slowed down even more, turning around so that he was walking backwards in order to face Mace.

"What, you don't believe me?" Obi-Wan asked, spreading his arms out wide as he continued to walk backwards.

"Not, it's not that. It is just," The Jedi said, walking a little bit slow then he had been going at before, "that the Archives are in the other direction you are going."

"Oh, yes," Obi-Wan muttered, stopping his walking as the other walked up to him with a raised eyebrow.

"You aren't going to the Archives, are you?"

"No. I've spent the last few hours in the Archives, looking for answers that don't exist. Why would I need to go back to them when I have another place to go?" Obi-Wan asked in a hurried voice, turning back around as he begun to walk away from the other.

"Where exactly...." Mace started but didn't get to finish his sentence as Obi-Wan disappeared into the consuming crowd of Jedi and Padawans.

To Be Continued