Crossover Fan Fiction / Dragon Ball/Z/GT Fan Fiction ❯ Dark Angel ❯ Chapter 22 ( Chapter 22 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Dark Angel

Disclaimer: I do not own Dragon Ball Z or any of the Dragon Ball Z characters. I do not own Star Wars or any of the Star Wars characters. They are owned by those who own them. I do, however, own the fic all of this is in. That is all.

Chapter Twenty-Two

They had gathered inside the Council's meeting room, all stiff and waiting for a decision in which they didn't think was necessary. They knew it was only affecting the three Jedi that was supposed to go along with them, although each person that was present knew that it was highly unlikely that these three souls would even bother to go along with this decision. It was just wait and see from this point forwards.

"I don't believe fighting these people or going up against them in any other way is a good idea until the Council can get a better idea of what kind of powers they have," Mace had said just a moment before, no emotions flowing in his voice as he sat in his seat among the rest of the Jedi Council. He had his hands crossed in his lap and was staring intently at the small band of fighters in front of them. There had been a mummer of anger going through these fighters, anger flashing on their faces. Each knew it was impossible to not go up against something that would probably destroy them all even if some had never seen their power before. "We barely know what the Sith can do let alone what these strangers from the other side of the portal can do."

"So, are you telling us that you want us to sit and wait for them to destroy half of your universe, trying to come looking for us?" Goku demanded as he stood in the middle of the Council room, surrounded by his friends. The others, minus Obi-Wan and Anakin, were behind him, all glancing at the other Council Members, trying to figure out what was going on from the expressions on their faces. All saw how hard that was since many of these creatures, some of them from different parts of the galaxy, didn't have any expressions on their faces.

"We don't know if they are going to do anything or not," Mace continued, ignoring Goku's question for the most part. "I suggest that you locate the queen on Tatooine as soon as possible and find a way to free her without any confrontation."

"You don't know anything about these people and yet you are telling us not to go up against them even though we know more about them then you do?" Vegeta growled, balling his fists in anger. Yoda was about to say something to that when the door to the Council room opened, Anakin and Obi-Wan stepped in as soon as the twin doors were able to open up enough so that they could go through. All eyes seemed to turn to them as they walked to join the rest of the group, the metal doors sliding closed behind them.

"Have you reached your decision?" Obi-Wan asked, completely ignoring the glare he received from Vegeta. Instead, he focused his attention solely upon Mace, who looked right back at him.

"Yes, we have. It would be best if you freed the queen without incident," He answered flatly, knowing full well that he would get the same reaction from these two like he did with the others.

"Meaning what?" Anakin asked, not liking what he had heard.

"Meaning if Frieza and the others want to fight us, we can't do a damned thing about it," Vegeta answered instead, narrowing his eyes. Obi-Wan raised an eyebrow, not even surprised at this outcome.

"So what you are saying is that we need to get in there, get out as soon as possible without anyone getting into a fight, and expect nothing to happen? Is that what you have agreed to?" Obi-Wan asked, looking around at the other Jedi. Yoda nodded to that.

"Agree the Council does on this matter. All except for one," He replied, stealing a glance towards Ki-Adi, who had a scowl on his face.

"I do not like what the rest of the Council has come to decide no matter what we do or do not know. I believe that, with the combined knowledge and strength of those we have met along with our own, we can defeat the dark one's power," He said in a low voice. "However, I believe few share that same belief."

"I think he is the most sensible one out of the whole Council," Yamcha whispered as low as he could to Tien, who just nodded with his lips pressed in a thin line.

"If we can't go up against them, then what are we going to do?" Goku demanded, his black eyes moving along the Council. "There is more to Frieza then what you think and to the other's that are with him. We know what their powers is like and we know what they can do. And you know what this Sith person can do, right?"

A silence went around the room as everyone on the Council looked at each other, blank looks on their faces. Only Mace and Yoda kept their gazes forwards and maintained their hard-pressed looks. Obi-Wan sighed, trying his best not to roll his eyes at this as he crossed his arms over his chest. Anakin looked up at this master just as confused as most of the outsiders were.

"Don't say anything, Anakin. Let the Council look uncomfortable for a moment. You'll come to realize that not all of what the Council says or decides will be challenged like this again," He said in a low voice to his Padawan, his lips forming a smirk. Tien and Yamcha glanced over towards him, possibly hearing what he had said before turning their heads back forwards with their own smiles that they let disappear as quickly as they had come.

"I am taking that they don't know as much as we do," Krillin muttered, rubbing one of his arms.

"The Sith have been gone for a millennia and they are just now resurfacing," Ki-Adi said, being the one to speak up. "What we do know about the Sith is very little if any at all."

"Then tell us what you know," Tien opted, looking around at the Council for his answer as if there was one at all on their faces. It was Ki-Adi who was the one who gave it to him.

"There is always two sides to everything and, in his case, there is the Dark Side and the Light Side. The Light Sided Jedi, like the Council and the rest of the Jedi in this Temple, are good and fight for freedom and justice. The Dark Sided Jedi, which is mostly the Sith and the Dark Jedi that have been overcome with greed and hatred, fight against those that want justice in the galaxy. The Sith were an ancient people having been conquered by the Dark Sided Jedi.

"Many train younger ones, called Padawans, or don't train anyone at all. They always come in pairs: a Master and a Apprentice. Until three years ago, we had thought that the Sith had been gone from the galaxy, but we only found out that two had surfaced, possibly having helped the Trade Federation to tax the people of Naboo. In the struggle to free Naboo from the tyranny of the Federation, we lost a Jedi, Qui-Gon Jinn, in the process because of these Sith." Ki-Adi glanced over at Obi-Wan, but saw no emotions on his face when he mentioned Qui-Gon's name. Instead of that smirk that had been there moments before, his lips were pressed into a thin line and he was trying to look as though he had not heard any of it.

"Now was that so hard to do?" Vegeta asked icily.

"About the one's from your universe, we like to know," Yoda said calmly, his eyes moving along the line of the group.

"Ah, well, I think either Goku or Vegeta are the best ones to tell you of them," Yamcha replied nervously, glancing over towards the two Saiyans. Vegeta snorted, turning his gaze towards the glass windows while Goku remained silent, his gaze moving down towards the ground. There was a silence that went around the room as neither Saiyan started to talk about what they knew.

"Well?" Mace asked impatiently, a bit of anger in his voice. Normally he was calm about waiting, but this time around he was becoming a little bit more impatient then normal.

"What is there to tell you? Frieza is just a tyrant that will kill anything and everything if he doesn't get his way. Cold is basically the same way but he holds his temper more then his son does. I wouldn't put it past them if they would destroy this galaxy by the end of the time limit they set up along with that queen you are so worried about," Vegeta said finally, his voice seemingly becoming lower when he said that. "I wouldn't be surprised if she is already dead."

"And by not going up against them now, you will risk more then just a couple of planet's being blown up in the process," Krillin added.

"Garlic Jr. is the one that I am the most worried about," Goku said softly, taking in a deep breath as he spoke. "Immortal and strong despite his size. He is probably one of them that would be the most valuable to any dark soul."

"You see why we have to act against them now?" Tien said in anger. "If we wait any longer....."

"Even though Tatooine is a haven for criminals and other such creatures, we can't risk the chance of innocent creatures being killed even if the Outer Rim is out of Republic reach. It is still a planet that needs at least some protection from the Jedi no matter who controls it," Mace interrupted. "The best way to get through this is to get Queen Amidala out of this before she gets killed." He then looked over at Ki-Adi. "And we expect all members of this group to comply with the Council. Is that understood?"

"If you say so," Ki-Adi answered plainly, standing up from his seat. "I'll make sure that everything gets into place for our departure and that the others will have rooms for tonight. That is, if they want to stay here until morning or for as long as they wish to stay."

He nodded towards the small group as he walked through them, no one moving to follow him until the metal doors opened. Krillin shrugged at this and followed the Jedi to wherever he was going to take them. Tien and Yamcha looked at each other, the next two people to follow suit. Goku grumbled something unheard under his breath, following his friends as the last three of them stood right where they were. It was Anakin that grabbed Obi-Wan by the wrist and pulled him to follow the strangers even though one still stood before the Council. It took Vegeta moment to give his last glares at them before following the Jedi, the doors closing behind him as soon as the Saiyan exited.

"You think that they will comply with the orders we have given them?" Mace asked Yoda as the other Council Members started to mutter to themselves. Yoda sighed, looking up at the other Jedi with a worried expression on his face.

"Worried about that I am," He said softly, turning his attention back to the metal doors in which the small band of fights had exited.

"As am I," Mace said just as softly, knowing that nothing was certain in this galaxy.

****

Amidala sighed, looking around the room she was in. The light inside of it was brighter then what she was used to but she had eventually gotten used to it. She had been in there for about an hour already, having being placed inside of this room and upon a mattress without any chains to hold her down. Even though she was surprised at that this Sith trusted her this much not to run away. At least one side of this matter had some trust in someone here.

"Damn it," The queen grumbled, sighing. She knew how she got herself into this mess and it was because of the Jedi. They hadn't told her anything about what was going on and she would have their necks once this was all over with. It would have been much easier to have given her something knowledgeable before they left. How could I have been so stupid to get myself caught in something like this? Panaka knew something wasn't right and the Jedi did too, She thought bitterly to herself, her shoulders slumping some.

"I see that you are finally comfortable enough in this room," A voice said from the doorway. Amidala rubbed her eyes, moving her head towards the doorway to see Siddious standing there, still cloaked in his black robes and his hood covering his face. She placed her hands upon her lap, her eyes narrowed at him. "Why don't you take a nap or try to get some rest? After all, it is going to be a long two days. That is, if you survive that long."

"I can't believe you would do this to the galaxy," She snapped at him, a low growl emitting from deep within her throat. "I would have never expected it would be someone like you who would go against the Senate. I suppose you were the force behind the Trade Federation, weren't you?"

"Indeed I was. The Jedi didn't know I was behind it, Your Majesty. See, since I have been taught in the Dark Arts of the Sith, I can do things with ease, even from the Jedi. Hard to see the Dark Side is." The Sith chuckled. "Isn't that what Master Yoda would say?"

"Why in the hell are you asking me for? I am not a Jedi, you traitor!" She screeched out angrily. She didn't know why she had called him a traitor; perhaps because she felt like this stranger was going against the Senate. Or perhaps it had to do with the fact that his voice seemed so familiar to him. His presence in front of her seemed to hold more of a regal stance to it then that of a Sith Lord. Why can't I figure out how I have this feeling that I know him? She thought to herself, racking her brain for any clues as to place this hallow being.

"Traitor is such a harsh word for someone to use. I prefer to see myself as more as a visionary then a traitor. The vision I have is to bring order to a galaxy that needs it," Siddious answered her as politely as he could, although Amidala could tell he was holding back anger and malice. "I would do more then your Jedi would be able to do."

"Why should I believe you? You just want to control it like you are controlling those creatures you brought here." She fought back the tears that were stinging her eyes, trying to keep her emotions cool like she had been taught to do. "The Jedi have more power then you will ever have."

"The universe is a cruel place, my Queen, and the Dark Side is rising once again. In time I will be more powerful then even these so-called Jedi you talk about. I have plans for this galaxy that includes dissolving the Senate and placing myself in charge."

"So, what do I call you now? What those idiots you brought here call you or what you have been called by those that want you killed?"

"It depends on who you ask, Your Highness. Different people will give you different answers to things that you don't want answers for." He bowed to her, clasping his hands in front of him. "But, for right now, I prefer that you keep this little conversation between you and I. No one else knows who I am, like you do, nor will they believe that a Sith is rising."

"The Jedi will believe me. They know that a Sith has come back even though they doubt it," Amidala spat out as he started to back up towards the doorway that was behind him. It took him several minutes to get to it as he turned around, the metal doors opening up in front of him. He stopped in the middle of the doorway as he placed his the hood of his cloak closer upon his head then he had before, keeping his face shrouded in the darkness that it so longed to get rid of.

"Not if you and the others are dead they won't know the truth, and I plan on killing you before the two days are up even if they comply to what I want," He said curtly before stepping out of the room fully, the metal doors closing behind him. This put a metal shield between him and the queen until such time that they came face-to-face once again.

"Not if I kill you first," Amidala muttered under her breath a moment later, her eyes narrowing as she hissed a hidden name under her breath.

****

"How can they just tell us to do something when they have no idea what we are going to go up against?" Vegeta fumed from behind the rest of the group, his voice echoing off of the walls of the corridor that lead them towards what might lead them to their rooms. He stayed a little bit behind them, whom had stayed mostly quiet since they had left the meeting room.

Ki-Adi, Obi-Wan, and Anakin guided them through the lower levels of the Temple and down towards the corridors that housed the rooms for the Jedi Masters and their Padawans. There were few if any regular rooms open for those that were not Jedi and wished to board there instead of having to go through the streets of Courscant or even trying to move along with the traffic above. It didn't matter to anyone where they stayed for they knew they wouldn't be there long.

"Sometimes it is better to wait and see who is going to do what first before the other side makes it's move," Ki-Adi answered the Saiyan with little emotion flowing in his voice. "In this case, it is better to make the first move before the opposing side does so that we won't be left unguarded."

"You're on the Council. What exactly went on while we were waiting for you to call us back in?" Krillin asked, looking up at the Jedi.

"Council business stays within the walls of the Council room as information can easily float back to the ears of those that are also on the Council unless everyone else needs to know certain things. At least, what has been said between them and others that have heard their conversations. It is easier for things to get back to them here then it is somewhere else." He gave Krillin a quick glance before turning his gaze back forwards. It took a moment for him to realize what the Jedi had meant before he smiled at that.

"That is true, Ki-Adi. I think many Jedi inside the Temple have learned that rule the hard way," Obi-Wan muttered, trying his best to suppress a smile.

"Do we have to stay here and wait until morning to do something about this? In two days, Frieza alone could do more then make a few small blasts. With the combined powers of the others, well...." Goku's voice trailed off, his eyes moving along the walls of the corridor. There was a moment of silence before one spoke up.

"As little as I know about what they can do and this situation, I'd still go up against them. Even if we don't win the first battle or the war, at least the Jedi will know a little bit more then we first did," Obi-Wan spoke up, looking down at his Padawan. "I am sure that this would be a good training session for you, young one."

"Maybe," Anakin grumbled, looking down at the ground. He had remained silent for the most part, speaking up every so often. The elder Jedi figured it was because he may have been a bit scared by all of this, but he couldn't sure exactly. Anakin had always been one of those children who was good at certain things and perhaps this was one of those times that he was just either shy around people or hiding his emotions well, but he had never been this good at hiding his emotions or being shy. Maybe there was something that was wrong or it was that everything was too hard to comprehend by his small, yet growing, mind. Even the older Jedi couldn't understand all of it at the moment.

"Well, we can leave now if that is what you want. We need to retrieve the ship and get a transport up to the landing platform to board the ship. It might take a couple of hours or so to do this in, but we would be out of Courscant's atmosphere within the next four hours or it might take us until morning. Can you wait that long of time?" Ki-Adi looked behind him to see the expression that Vegeta had on his face. He had his face set on a emotionless express and his eyes were placed directly in front of everyone else, which didn't happen to fall upon anyone in particular.

"I am sure that we can. Even if we don't leave until morning, we should have more then enough time to get back to the planet." Tien then nodded towards the two Saiyans. "But I don't think that you can hold back these two even if their power isn't at it's peak at the moment. It is like trying hold back lava from a volcano, so I think it is worthless to actually say that they will follow the order that the Council gave them."

"Who said we were going to follow it?" Ki-Adi replied innocently enough, turning his gaze back forwards.

"We...aren't?" Obi-Wan asked in mild surprise, taken back as to hear something like that from the other Jedi. "But...."

"My dear Obi-Wan," He said, holding up a hand. "Just because the Council tells the rest of the Order to do something doesn't mean that they have to follow it directly For as long as I have been on the Council, I have seen and heard things that neither Mace, Yoda, or any of the rest of the Council can do about. Certain things come up at certain times that we have no control over and that the Force didn't let us foresee."

"I see your point on that."

"What the hell are they talking about?" Yamcha whispered to Goku, who looked just as confused as his friend did.

"I have no clue," The Saiyan said in a soft voice. "We just have to trust their judgment for now. I rather do what has to be done rather then follow an order that would lead to more harm. I get enough of that from Chi-Chi."

"So, are we going to go up against them or not?" Tien demanded as the group paused at the doorway of one of the last rooms at was at the end of a corridor. Some looked surprised that they had walked from the Council room to this point since they had been so involved in the conversation. Ki-Adi turned to face them as the door opened slowly, revealing a room that was big enough to hold the strangers for the time being.

"It depends on what goes on first, but I suppose the answer would be yes. The Council doesn't have to know about everything even if I am there. They can sense if someone is lying, but that remains to be seen as to how far that will have to go." He smiled at them as he gestured into the room. "Rest while you can. I can't tell you what is going to happen in the next forty-eight hours but I can tell you this: nothing comes without a price and we may have to give up something in order to get something back. Understood?"

The strangers nodded as they complied with what the Jedi instructed, each grumbling to each other as they moved into the room, Vegeta the last one moving in. Just before he did so, he stopped in the doorway just as the three Jedi were about to leave them be until it was time to leave. He grabbed Obi-Wan's arm and pulled him back towards him.

"What do you want, Vegeta?" The Jedi asked, not moving his arm out of the Saiyan's grasp at the moment.

"Don't expect me to hold back any of my power if we need to go into battle. Whatever is in the way will get blown up as well." He let go of the Jedi's arm, his head turning just a bit towards him. "That will be the price that will be given up for me. I'd give up my own life if I could take down Frieze myself after the hell he made me go through."

Those words echoed through Obi-Wan's head as the Saiyan walked into the room, the doors closing behind him. The Jedi stared at the closed door for a moment, confused and surprised at the same time. He walked away from the door, his eyes moving down to the ground as he tried to sort out all of the thoughts that were racing inside of his head. He nearly bumped into the others' that were in front of them, but they both stepped out of the way as he walked on, not even saying anything to them.

"What is wrong with him?" Anakin asked, confused.

"He is thinking and hard. It is best if we left him with his thoughts for now. Come on, Anakin. We can retrieve the ship without him if we must. We also have to check the ship out in case something had gotten loose from our landing," Ki-Adi told him, moving forwards with the young Padawan walking right behind him. They knew what was going to happen and it was something that might change their lives forever.

To Be Continued