Crossover Fan Fiction / Dragon Ball/Z/GT Fan Fiction ❯ Dark Angel ❯ Chapter 28 ( Chapter 28 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Dark Angel

Disclaimer: I do not own Dragon Ball Z or any of the Dragon Ball Z characters. I do not own Star Wars or any of the Star Wars characters. They are owned by those who own them. I do, however, own the fic all of this is in. That is all.

Chapter Twenty-Eight

Every one of them could feel the high energy radiating from the foreign township, every last bit burning through their bodies as if their flesh was on fire from the sun. Each level of power rippled through them like a wave through water, with each level becoming higher and higher as they reached the center of the waves. It was like a big ocean, Tatooine, but it was an ocean of sand, dust, and heat, yet the center of the ripples was not at the center of the planet itself. No, it came straight from the very township that they once had been in not even a day before.

The powers had been felt by more then just them and they knew that. That was why Vegeta left in a plume of dust, left behind all others so those that could not feel these levels of power would not know where he went. Even without sight, all but three of the mismatched band of aliens and humans alike knew where he had gone off to and why, allowing the last bit of the sand to settle so that those certain three knew that Vegeta was gone. Then the others would leave, with little words spoken to each other.

"Whatever you do, don't get involved with the fight with Freiza. That is Vegeta’s battle, not ours," Goku said, his whole entire face frozen with seriousness. Although his face showed that seriousness behind this, his voice quavered with uneasiness. It wasn't hard to know why: they were now fighting fights that were supposed to have been fought years before and finished.

"Believe me. I wouldn't fight Frieza again, if I wanted to and could," Krillin muttered right back, looking just as uneasy as Goku's voice sounded. There were nods from Tien and Yamcha, who both bent their knees in preparation to launch off of the ground. As soon as the energy moved through their body, into their legs, and at the base of their feet, thus allowing them to push themselves off of the ground, they moved into the air, going quickly so that the battle wouldn't be fought by one being alone. This took no more then five seconds, giving little to the imagination as to what they had done and where they were going.

Krillin hesitated, before doing the same as his two companions; judging by the look that was upon his face, he did not want to appear in the middle of battle, even if he was not the one fighting Frieza. Goku stayed behind, perhaps allowing the two Jedi and one young Padawan to catch up to the four that were more then ready to fight this battle and go home. He moved his head over his shoulder as soon as Obi-Wan slowed down, panting from the heat to show that he did more then just walk to the very edge of the township.

"There will be more then one battle going on at the same time today. You worry about your battle and we will worry about ours," The Saiyan said, with a small nod to Obi-Wan, who nodded right back at him as Ki-Adi and Anakin came right behind the first Jedi. He barely gave himself time to turn his head back around fully before he, the last unknown stranger to leave, bent his knees and pushed himself forcefully off of the ground, leave a plume of dust in their faces.

"Why did he have to do that so close?" Anakin grumbled, coughing and rubbing his eyes to get the sand out of them. Neither Ki-Aid nor Obi-Wan seemed too fazed that they had just gotten a blast of sand upon their faces, wiping off the sand from their cheeks as they unhooked their lightsabres from their belts, intent on keeping themselves in their own battle. Goku was right: there would be two battles that day, going on together without notice of the other. The Jedi had their own while the strangers from a distant universe had their own.

But it was the same thing, the same cause, the same way of life, even if those same things meant differently to them. Hopefully both would have the same outcome as the other, the Jedi moving into the township to claim the second battle for their own. ****

He had waited for this moment to come, long before he knew any of those in the group. Everyone had been strangers to him, no matter where he was then or where they were now. Regardless if he knew them, why he did, or where they were traveling to, this moment was his and his alone. He'd be damned if anyone, Goku included, would take it away from him again. Not now. Not today. This was his battle and he was intent on fighting it.

When he was younger, when children his age should have been already training under those that were long since gifted with the art of fighting, that was all he could think about was Frieza's death. Who would have been stupid enough to go against him? Who would be strong enough, even, to challenge him? At that moment, he made a mental promise that he would make himself stronger to kill Frieza by his own hand. He didn't care how he did it, even if the last breath he took was knowing that Frieza had gone down by his hand. If he died, at least it would be in honor.

Vegeta had felt the presence of Frieza just like the others had, the simple fact that the others hadn't moved from the same township still registering in their minds when he took to the air without even a thought to those now below him. The dust and sand from his take-off hadn't even cleared yet when he was nearly over the township, feeling the energy he felt so many times rushing through his body. It coursed through his veins, swirled around him like a wind, and made him feel like he was doing more then just flying. It was a feeling that he hadn't felt in three years; what once had been dormant now came out of hiding and was ready to be put to the test once again.

Frieza must have been ready for this, because no sooner did the Saiyan feel the strength of the Icejin come upon him was there a sound of energy rushing towards him, the impact coming not a moment later. It caught him off guard, the brightness of the energy orb and the strength behind it; this would have killed someone who could not keep their body safe from the attack. Vegeta fumbled in the air as the energy washed over him before it disappeared and he soon regained his flying ability. It had come to his surprise this had come out of nowhere, when Frieza seemed to not be close enough to use a low-ranged energy attack, nor did it seem unusual that it barely even fazed the Saiyan. Perhaps it was just a warning shot, one to tell him that everything had an end and the race for the two universes had begun. Or perhaps it was just to tell him that his opponent was just as ready as he was.

It took him a moment to find where Frieza was, hovering not far from where his target once had been. Vegeta smiled, feeling the power inside him increase, his body slowly changing into the levels beyond which Frieza had seen before. It was a raw power that he could easily tap into, without any though to what he was doing or why he was doing it. His eyes flashed cyan, his hair gold, his body pulsing underneath the aura of light that shone brightly in the sky. Those that have never seen such a sight would have marveled at it, if they had seen it at all. Strength was one thing to have as a warrior, but agility was another fact in which all must learn. If they had seen it, perhaps some would shrug it off as a fraction of light and go about their daily business as if nothing had happened at all.

There wasn't any words exchanged between old foes as Icejin and Saiyan charged for each other, ignoring those that were upon the ground. They were nothing compared to the powers that were now throwing punch after punch to each other, both equally strong in their own rights. Hit after hit went upon arms, stomachs, faces, and chests, blow after blow being received without hesitation. Neither one flinched in pain, their strength surpassing the feelings of the early battle. Both were battle hardened, one seeing more then he should have and the other too blinded by power to care.

Their hands locked together, crackles of energy bursting between them lightning. It was hard to tell which held more hatred for the other, Frieza or Vegeta; in the end, it wouldn't mater either way, for there would be only one of the two walking away from this battle. And neither one was more willing then the other to see his enemy laying motionless in the sand amidst blood, defeated.

"I have been waiting for your arrival. It has taken you long to get this far, hmmm?" Frieza smirked, leaning his head forwards some. "Have trouble finding this planet? Or were you too scared to face me?"

"I fear nothing," Vegeta said coldly, pushing himself away. He should have felt more anger towards that comment then he did; instead, he felt nothing in those words that made his blood boil. His anger had long since reached it's limit with Frieza and now he was ready to unleash it's fury upon him. This was his chance and he knew he would never get it again.

"I can hear it in your voice, Vegeta. You may say you are fearless, but look at where you are." Frieza spread his arms out and downward, towards the desert township below. "You are stuck in an unknown world, in a place where you power is useless, and there is no one to help you."

Vegeta let out a hiss and clenched his teeth together. True, he was in a place in which was not in his element and neither was Frieza, but his power was strong enough to prove the Icejin wrong. As for help, he didn't need any in battling this foe; as long as the others kept the weaker ones at bay, it would give him time to focus on the one in front of him then having to worry about what else was going around him. There was no real need for anyone to help any further, not when this one thing he desired was within his own reach.

"I'll show you who is useless," Vegeta said under his breath, the strength that he had inside him rippling up his back, over his shoulder, through his arms, and into his hand. The strength that he had held in so long that wanted to be released.

And then the real battle began. ****

It seemed so much farther way then they had expected it would be, each hoping that it had begun on the other side of the township where there were very few innocent lives in danger of being caught up in something in which they need not be in. And, yet, here it was, the center of the waves of energy, moving quickly as though they wouldn't want curious eyes to watch them fight to the death. There were others that could see them locked in battle, but those were few.

Even though Goku had been the last to leave the Jedi and Padawan behind to move their way through the maze of taverns, housing, and perhaps frightened people, he was the first to stop at the outer edges of a battle that was sorely overdue. The other three stopped a little further away from this battle, their eyes moving from side to side, keeping up with the motions in which Frieza and Vegeta went through. It was only when the two of them stopped, static lightning cackling between them, did the three move back to where Goku was hovering. A part of it was in fear that they would get in the path of a stray attack; the rest was because they had no intentions of fighting a fight that was not theirs. At least by this Saiyan, there was some protection from them.

"That must be her, then," Yamcha muttered, nodding down towards the ground, stationed way below where they were and out of the way so that nothing would hit the ground them. Krillin and Tien glanced down quickly, eyeing the hooded figure that held a woman by the arms. He wasn't even looking at the battle or maybe he was; either way, he paid no heed to the newcomers to the battle. The hood that covered his face hid more then his features.

"Must be," Krillin muttered, looking around. "There is something wrong here. Freiza is the only one fighting instead of the others fighting along side him. Where are they?"

Indeed, it seemed that there were no others that were fighting along side Frieza; odd as it were, the power that they had felt was coming directly from Frieza and Vegeta. There was nothing else to indicate that there were three other fighters there, on the same side that the Icejin hailed from, nor was there anyone other then the two below that stood nearly perfectly still. If there was anyone left to fight, if Vegeta had already battled them as quickly as he had left; even he was not that good of a fighter to keep three others at bay all at once while fighting one with a power so great, it was hard to concentrate on anything else.

The power that radiated from the middle of the rippling, was only a mask to hide what was coming up behind. It was to the dark side's advantage that this mask was made available as the second part of their fight began. No sooner had Krillin asked the question, did a force from behind him slam him in the middle of his back, pushing him forwards with enough force to knock out two normal, fully grown men. The air was sucked out of his lungs, his eyes going wide, and his body free-falling down towards the Tatooine desert before he caught himself from falling any further. He barely had the time to turn around to see who had dealt the blow when another attack hit him, but this time from his stomach.

Whatever had hit him, now was coiling around his mid-section, pulling around him tight enough that it soon felt like he was about to be torn in two. Krillin gasped out for breath, taking only a few short moments to realize what was bounding him tightly. A cold dry snicker came not far from his left ear, a soft breathing echoing like it was deep inside a cavern. Krillin's eyes went to the left, his hands upon the tail that held him right where he was.

"So the others have arrived. Good. I was beginning to become bored with just watching," The snotty, bored voice of Cold whispered in the human's ear. Krillin didn't have to see the Icejin's face to see what kind of expression there was on it; from what he knew of Frieza, and that was little as it was, if the look of pure evil, mixed in with the sheer joy of torturing someone just for the hell of it, was anything like his son's, then Cold's would be the same exact expression as Frieza's.

"You should have stuck with just watching," Krillin muttered. He wasn't about to let this foe keep him in a position such as this, power rising in him slowly and carefully as if he didn't want it to burst out so soon. It went through him like water in a stream, before it was released like a rapid river. His muscles became tighter and firmer, his mind becoming more focused on getting himself out of this grasp so he could come face-to-face with his opponent, even if he was outmatched.

If he could have seen Cold's face, the smirk that was on it would have faded and a look of surprise would have replaced it, when a burst of pure energy emitted from Krillin's body. It was just enough to quickly pry himself from the vice-like grip of Cold's tail and a swift punch to his upper face. Even with that short lapse in time, from a quick but careful power-up to him getting out of this grip, it wasn't enough for Krillin's punch to connect to anything but a hand. A hand in which had been placed to where the punch of the face of the opponent would have been.

"We'll see who should have stayed watching," The Icejin said, frowning as he gripped the human's hand tightly so that it would not escaped his own. Their eyes locked for a few moments, Krillin's mind racing with what to do next. Unlike Vegeta and Goku, his strength did not exceed any of the foe's there.

For just a few short seconds, his eyes moved from Cold's and raised up towards where the other's were. He had expected at least one of them, Yamcha perhaps, to come to his aid, but they were preoccupied with something else besides their friend. He could see both Tien and Yamcha locked in their own fight, two against one, deadly close to Frieza's and Vegeta's own fight. Goku, on the other hand, was no where to be seen. Had he gone off to fight one of them somewhere else or had he gone back to see if the Jedi and young Padawan had decided to come to their battle that would wage on the ground below?

These few seconds cost him more then a moment's worry, when a fist got him right in the middle of his stomach. Krill coughed, his eyes going wide with surprise and pain, as a snicker came from Cold. It stung where he had gotten hit, hid eyes the only thing that was showing the pain that steamed from that unseen attack. This brought him back into reality, where he was in his own fight alone and not wondering where everyone else was.

"Paying attention is the first thing you need to learn," Cold said briskly, withdrawing his hand from Krillin's stomach, placing it to his side. He kept his other upon the other hand tightly, apparently not about to let it go at the moment. "You caught me off guard first and now I have done the same to you. Now that is done with, let the real fighting begin." ****

There were only flashes of light, the light that shone off of energies sources that were going head-to-head, fist-to-fist, which the untrained eye could only see. If anyone else had trained as intense as those that were doing battle in the air, they would at least be able to see some of what was going on up above. Their eyes could not see the quick movement of Icejin and Saiyan; at least, those that were still standing in the mists of battle. The townsfolk, although fascinated with the bright lights that seemed to give off some form of electrical shock, had long since gone from this site. Fascination turned to horror as something fell from the invisible battle that flickered quickly: shining lights of what looked like thick balls of lightning.

What was worse for them, considering that each mind thought that the energy would kill them, that the energies there had little to no control after they were away from those that had shot them from the palms of their hands. People ran from the battle, horrified, screaming as if they were being attacked by some strange force that they knew nothing about. Their luck of not being in the path of these would run out, if the side of evil would prevail. Neither side would give up, if it was possible.

Aside from seeing strange comets of light falling from the sky and moving towards the ground, objects started to break when they should not have been able to be broken without someone breaking them by hand. Clay objects like pots, portions of the surrounding houses, taverns, and the like, and things that would normally hold under the heat from the twin suns, started to crumble and break, as if some force was making them fall into pieces. It was from the high energy that came from up above, yet no one wanted to be the next thing that crumbled painfully into crumbs. They did not want to wait to see who won the fight in an unseen battle, many moving quickly and silently from above, hopefully to keep themselves safe from whatever was there.

Siddious was one of those many who could not see nor sense the battle above, yet he was not a part of the crowd that ran far away from it. He was not someone to walk from a battle that he could win; if there was any hint that he was about to lose, then he would leave. Instead, he had his hidden head inclined to where Cold, Ginyu, and Garlic, Jr. once had been hovering, partly curious to see what they could see in the distance. Maybe he did not want to see what was going on, or why those three had just joined in the fight that Frieza had started; deep inside and unspoken, he did not care. He expected that there would be one struggling victor left out of all of them and he would kill that poor soul with one swipe of the Force.

"I grow weary of waiting for your Jedi friends. Perhaps they had come at odds with those they traveled to Tatooine with and were easily taken down. Perhaps they were too cowardly to face me, knowing more then they should about this." Siddious turned his head down, his hands holding the Naboo native tightly by her upper arms. He normally would not have kept her captive himself, using a battle droid or some other life form to keep her tied up, but seeing he was the only one there to keep her confined, he had to do it himself. Although he was smirking underneath his hood, he supposed Amidala was thankful she could not see the glint in his eyes. A glint that would show more then a simple evil in them. "Regardless of how much time they have left to save your life, your death might just come quicker."

"They will come, I assure you. Jedi are not cowards by nature," Amidala muttered, keeping her slightly downwards. She had no reason to look towards the sky, for her vision could not see the battle between two sides. "Even if you kill me, there will be others to stop you."

"Strong words, from one that has fear radiating from her body. Yes, I know there will be others that will come after you, but that won't matter. I have other plans for those that are waiting in the darkness to try to stop me. Those that sneak up when they are most unwelcome. Wouldn't you agree, Master Jedi?"

Siddious forcibly pulled Amidala around to the right, both now coming face-to-face with two Jedi and a young Padawan. She had not heard them come up through the sand that billowed around them, nor had she seen them cross from the other side of the path that was between shops, cantinas, and mud houses that were all jumbled together. She didn't have to ask how they managed to be stealthy enough for her not to have seen nor heard them on their own path; they were Jedi. Their training was enough for them to sneak upon those that they wished to not know they were there. That was all she had and needed to know.

Her eyes met with Obi-Wan's gaze first, watching his face set into battle-mode as his gray-blue eyes lit as his hand grasped his already drawn lightsabre. His eyes were soft towards her, caring almost, like he was trying to comfort her without any words. The queen's eyes then fell upon the other Jedi that stood just a few feet away from where Obi-Wan stood. She smiled lightly, hardly recognizing him but was glad that he was there nonetheless. Then her eyes moved down upon the Padawan, Anakin, studying his face as he looked directly at Siddious. It was as though he did not notice that Amidala was there, as if she did not exist. His eyes were trained solely upon the person that was holding her as though she was a shield.

"We shall see who is the unwelcome one here," Obi-Wan whispered, his voice still loud enough for Siddious to hear. A cackle came from the lips that hid behind the hood, expressing what his face could not show. If the Jedi could see his face, they would have seen amusement playing in his eyes. Even without the satisfaction of knowing the true identity of their opponent, the Jedi and Padawan looked more then eager to join in their own fight.

"We shall, indeed." Siddious gestured with his head towards the air above them. Not event he seasoned Jedi could see what was going on above them; even if they could, they would take no notice of it. It wasn't their fight to begin with. "Although we can not truly feel the same energy as they can, there is a light sensation of power that radiates from the two closest ones to us. Can you not sense it? The tiny ripples through the Force?"

"If we could, we have no intentions of sharing that secret," Obi-Wan said simply. Siddious frowned, expecting more of an answer coming from a Jedi then a simple answer as that. No matter. They are ready to do battle. I can sense the readiness flowing from them, especially the young one. His eyes shifted upon the young Padawan, the Sith's grip upon the queen's arms tightening. the boy had set expression on his face, as if he could kill someone with that look alone. There is a certain power in him, just from those eyes alone. Greater then I have felt in the Force before. He has the potential to become something greater then the Jedi could ever teach him.

"I do not need to use the Force to sense that you are ready for battle. Your faces tell me everything I need to know. However, I doubt you would want to strike now, with the queen right in front of me," Siddious said, his unseen gaze still upon the boy. Amidala made an almost unrecognizable face that the Jedi could not understand fully; even so, they knew that she did not like being a prisoner in a game she did not want to be in.

They saw two ways to get her out of this: by willingly admitting to themselves that they had to take a big risk and attack Siddious head-on with Amidala as his shield, thus either seriously hurting her or ultimately killing her. Or they could split up, with one going around Siddious without him noticing while the other two stayed in front of him and charge, as a diversion of some sort. Either way, thee was a risk that Siddious would kill the Naboo native without so much as a thought to her life, ending why they had come back to Tatooine in the first place. But, she wouldn't be killed easy, nor was Siddious one to be fooled by a simple trick. He was fluent with the Force as a Sith and any attempts to trick him would be nearly impossible to do.

"Contemplating on what to do? Pity that you can't seem to make up your minds," Siddious said, watching them sweat. That gave him satisfaction in knowing that the Jedi could not decide on what to do next. "So, what will it be? Will you risk her life or will you stay back and let me do it for you? Decide now." To Be Continued

Author's Note: Yea, it's been a while since I last updated this. I just had a little trouble with it, that's all, plus some writer's block. Hope you enjoyed the chapter. <_<