Crossover Fan Fiction / Dragon Ball/Z/GT Fan Fiction ❯ Dark Angel ❯ Chapter 29 ( Chapter 29 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Dark Angel

Standard Disclaimer: I do not own Star Wars or any of the Star Wars characters. I do not own Dragon Ball Z or any of the Dragon Ball Z characters. They are owned by those who own them. I do, however, own the story all of it is in. Thank you.

Chapter Twenty-Nine

Everything seemed to have stood in time, where nothing happened and no one moved. Even the wind seemed to have stopped blowing, the heat from the desert and the twin suns evaporating into nothingness. Where all walks of life, from the Jawas to the Hutts, seemed to have paused for that one moment in awe of what was shifting above the Tatooine desert township. There was not even a pause for breath, from the movements above to the ground below, everything seemed to be going at a slow pace in what once was a place where nothing stood still for no creature, big or small.

The surrounding area of the township looked deserted to those that would wander haplessly by, shocked to see that there was very little movement going on in a place that was normally packed with creatures of all kinds. In reality, there were creatures there, but they were presumably safe in the confines of the mud-sand houses, taverns, and ports or were farther away from where one battle was already in the midst of being fought while another one had not even begun yet. They were scared, that much anyone could say to a population that rarely felt the emotion of fear; this was Tatooine after all, a planet covered in sand and where even the most wanted and hardened criminal could feel safe for the time being. Yet, through all the hardships and things they had seen, this was by far the worst they had seen since the Sith Wars centuries before.

Fear and safety weren't the things that were on the minds of those that fought and flew high above the township, as gusts of wind and lights danced alongside each other. They heard and saw nothing else but the ones that were in the air along side them, blow for blow being matched by someone just as strong, perhaps stronger, then they were. What went on below didn't matter to them, as the heat of Tatooine matched the heat of the energy blasts that flew past them.

Vegeta didn't feel the lasting heat of the twin suns, as he prepared himself for a direct blast from Frieza. His arms shot up to his chest, his head ducking underneath his hands that were balled into fists as the blast curved into a small arch and went straight for him; he didn't feel the pain as the energy hit him squarely on the arms. In fact, he was numb to everything and anything that came to him, even the stray secondary blast that came up behind him. He knew it was there, phasing out quickly before the baby-sized ball even came within inches of hitting his back. Not even a split-second later did Vegeta come back into view, several feet between his current position and where he had been before, his arms still in the same defensive position that they had been in only seconds before.

Lowering his arms to the point where he didn't have to fully raise his head, Vegeta stared coldly from behind his balled fists, straight at the hovering Icejin changeling that smirked right back at him. A frown creased his lower face, his eyes narrowed in blind fury and a hatred that went down even further then he knew it. Every cell in his body, even to the swirling energy that flowed around him, wasn't immune to the anger that was pulsing inside of him. How dare this bastard make a mockery of me, was the only sane thought in Vegeta's mind as his head came up fully and his arms down to his side.

"I didn't think there was a lot of fight left in you, Vegeta. I thought that the lack of battles would have tamed you," Frieza laughed. Had this been years ago, Vegeta would have automatically struck Frieza with a series of punches, balls of energy, and a few swift kicks, but that had been years ago though his anger was still at a point where he would have done that. Maybe his words did have some truth to them, or perhaps he was just testing the waters of how far the Sayian would go and how long he would last.

"Maybe they did, but you've underestimated me. Years have passed since we last met, and I haven't lost the touch of training," Vegeta said, as he raised his head fully. "What have you done to keep up with me?"

The effect of his words seemed to have worked upon Frieza, as flashes of movement came through the space that was between enemies. Vegeta stood where he was, intent on letting Frieza have one final blow upon him before he unleashed his true fury. That was his metal plan at least; if he calculated Frieza's moves correctly, then there little error in what he was going to do. The swishing of a tail flew up to his chest, mere seconds passing before his left hand reached up and grabbed the tail right before it hit him. There was a lapse of two seconds where he was pushed to the right from the force of the blow, a slip of his hand moving down the tail before he firmly planted his fingernails into the skin. That was all he needed to latch on firmly before smiling and twisting the tail forty-five degrees.

Frieza was in his grasp for the moment, eyes wide with more then just surprise; he had fully expected Vegeta to either move out of the way or to consort to using energy attacks, not latch onto his tail. There was another twist of bone, skin, and blood vessels, before a crack and a scream echoed. The Icejin then found himself being flung into the air at a high rate of speed, sending him flying up into the atmosphere before being pulled back right back down again, faster then he had been put up into the air. There was a flurry of punches that followed right after, onto his face and neck area so fast that he had no time to put up a decent defense.

The assault lasted fifty seconds at the least, before Vegeta grabbed Frieza by the horns and pulling them apart, all the while keeping an eye on how fast he was coming to the ground. He estimated that he had thirty-five seconds at the most to finish the first stage of his on-the-spot plan before both Sayian and changeling would hit the ground and hard. He gritted his teeth and pushed more power into his arms and hands, concentrating on pulling at least half of Frieza's horns off before getting himself up before he hit the ground. If it worked, he didn't know as he pulled and twisted the horns upon Frieza's head, creaking of the harden bone turning in odd angles.

It took half of the thirty-five seconds for Vegeta to give up on what he was doing, taking his hands off of the jutting horns and kicked Frieza in the face as he pushed himself up with his energy. As Frieza hit the ground with a thud, a plume of sand rose up to meet the Sayian as he hovered six feet off of the ground, arms crossed over his chest and ebony eyes staring ruthlessly down towards the ground. He couldn't tell how long Frieza was going to stay down where he was, but the time that it took for him to remain on the ground was time that Vegeta had to catch his breath and to formulate a secondary stage of planning. "You are still there, Frieza. I know you are," Vegeta said in a monotone voice, his words spoken barely above a whisper. He didn't need to see nor sense where his foe was, there was a gut feeling that he was already standing up, glaring through the dust and sand at what had been someone that had been beneath him for years that he couldn't count. The past didn't matter to him now, just the mere fact that he was getting what he wanted for so long.
Once the dust and sand had cleared enough for anyone with sensitive enough eyes to see, the gut feeling that Vegeta had was correct. Frieza was standing up, staring at him with a certain coldness in his eyes that would have made any normal being run away in fear. His tail was twisted in a degree that wasn't quite right, painfully clear that it had been broken in three or more places. Both of his horns were crooked, not a lot and hardly noticeable but still were not straight on his head as they had been no more then two and a half minutes before. He was standing there like nothing was wrong with him and yet his chest was moving up and down with each breath that he took, as though he had been fighting for hours on end and was broken down.
However, the expression on his face was utterly calm, like he was at ease with what was in front of him and not showing the true nature of what he was feeling. That was what scared Vegeta the most, the unnatural calmness that surrounded the Icejin and the basics of his stance. He stood there with his legs slightly bent at the knees, his head tilted up towards the Sayian and his right arm stretched behind him and the other crossed over his stomach. His legs were shoulder length apart, tail still where it was since it was now useless in battle. This gave the impression that he was thinking, waiting for the next move to happen and to see if he was going to win the fight.
Even so, Vegeta wasn't worried about what changes would occur. Frieza had gone into his other forms before, he had seen them happen move then a handful during his servitude under him. This time, it wouldn't happen, not if he had anything to do with it. The first stage Frieza was in, would remain the same stage he would die in again. That was what he was there to make sure of, that no one else would suffer the same fate that his own people had suffered though.
"Are you just going to hover there, or are you going to do something about me?" Frieza asked just as calmly as he was standing there. Vegeta smiled, closed his eyes for ten seconds, then opened them again.
Oh, I am going to do something about you alright,” Vegeta said softly. More then you think I am going to do, he added to himself mentally. What he was going to do and how he was going to do it, was only known to him. There were no more words exchanged between the two, as he took in a deep breath and flew straight towards the Icejin like a bullet fired in a straight line. He only hoped he would make a mistake that would cost him more then just his life.
¤ ==== ¤

"I think we've flown far enough away, don't you?" Goku asked, as soon as his body had come to a full halt in mid-air. They were now a good ten to fifteen miles from where they had left the raging battle, isolated from anyone else that couldn't get to them fast enough. While the others would be able to get to them in a minute or less, that was one more minute that he didn't have time to spend, fighting someone that couldn't be killed with mortal ways.

Garlic, Jr. stopped at the sound of Goku's voice, hovering where he had come to rest. For several minutes, he did not move, letting Goku believe that he would attack at any moment, then slowly turned his head around first before turning his entire body to face his opponent. There was a defiant look upon this creature's face, a look of pure hatred and disgust that Goku hadn't seen upon anyone's face before. Not even Gero's face had that same loathing upon it and he had been defeated by a mere boy back in the days of the Red Ribbon Army. No, there was nothing to describe the look upon his face that words alone could say about it; even Vegeta would be surprised by this look and he had more enemies then the entire group combined.

"You are scared to face someone who can not die, are you?" Garlic, Jr. asked in a low, calm voice, so unnatural compared to his deep, dark look that it placed a chill to Goku's stomach. That question, more so then the tone that he used, caught Goku off-guard; he, the first Super Sayian since anyone could remember, scared? Yes, he had been scared on many levels before, but not scared enough not to fight someone. That was absurd in it's own right.

"Fear has nothing to do with this." An innocent, playful smile quickly masked the surprise on his face. "Are you scared of facing me?"

Garlic, Jr. quickly dismissed his own question fired back at him with a wave of a hand. "Like you said, fear has nothing to do with this. I've been waiting for this for a long time, and I am not going to wait any longer."

"Then why did you leave the rest of them behind?" Goku gestured with his head back in the way that they had come in, more interested in getting the long-awaited battle done and over with then talking about it. "Why not stay back there?"

"Because, I want to fight you by myself and without your friends interfering." He smiled, bearing his teeth. "I had that happen once before, and I'll be damned if I am going to let it happen again. You are mine."

If Goku had thought Garlic, Jr. would have let him take the first shot, that was the first mistake that he made and not the last one. The second one came right after, when he held no guard against a blurb of movement that came towards his stomach in a fit of unconstrained rage. This rage hit him squarely in the stomach, at a force that knocked all the air out of his lungs and made him gasp for air. He hadn't know the creature of this size had become so fast in the short amount of time that had transpired since the last time the two had faced off together. The surprise of being hit so quickly in the stomach wore off as he was pushed back several feet, the smaller creature moving away from him before pushing himself back towards him. The second time around, Goku was prepared for him and grabbed him by the neck as soon as he rushed forwards for his next attack. Garlic, Jr. didn't seemed too concerned that he was being held like this, a smirk and a hint of madness in his eyes indicated the state of mind he was in at the time. It was disturbing to see the insaneness that was in his eyes and that made Goku shudder.
“I don't know what you really want, but I have little interest in fighting you,” Goku said. That was only part of the truth; he was interested in fighting Garlic, Jr. but not in the way he intended. If he could wear him down enough, or knock him out, then that would give him time to put him in some sort of restraints and keep him that way until they got to the hole between this world and their own. If he could close the doorway between them, with the two of them inside of it, then that would be a greater accomplishment then he could ever do.
“That's a lie,” Garlic, Jr. snickered, putting his hands on Goku's wrist. “You want to fight me, but won't. You have every intentions of fighting me.”
Goku didn't say anything, releasing his grip on Garlic, Jr.'s next and shaking the small hands off of his wrist. He moved back some, maybe half of a foot at the most, and looked down upon the creature as though he was seeing him for the first time. In all truthfulness, he couldn't remember what his foe could do and how he was going to fight him. It was impossible to kill something that was immortal and had no fear of going up against something that was five times stronger then he was. The only thing that scared him the most was, in fact, that inability to die. He wasn't worried about his own strength, just the uneasiness of not being able to kill him.
“Maybe I do, maybe I don't. Either way, I have to end this now,” Goku replied quietly.
“Then it's settled. If you won't come at me, then I'll come at you again, whether you are ready for me or not.” Garlic, Jr. moved swiftly in the same direction he had gone in before, Goku staying where he was instead of trying to block the straight-forward attack. He knew that Garlic, Jr. wasn't stupid to try the same logic he had tried to do twice before in a span of a minute and a half, calculating the possible ways in which he would go. There was no exact way he was going to attack, just possibilities in which he could.
In short, Goku was ready for whatever Garlic, Jr would unleash on him. ¤ ==== ¤

He didn't know how long he had stood there, waiting for the right move and the right moment to strike, but Obi-Wan knew he had to act soon or the darkness standing in front of him would strike faster then he had seen before. With Siddious standing right before him, Amidala in his grasp and acting as a shield between Sith and Jedi, something had to be done. Already countless lives had been destroyed and disrupted by this dark being and he wasn't about to let him do it again. Whether or not Amidala would be including in this count, that remained unforeseen; if it had to be done, it had to be done. Causalities of war had been killed in front of him before: ambassadors, younglings, Jedi, and others that were on a long list of death seen by his eyes. If he could help it, the young Queen wouldn't be a part of it.

Obi-Wan caught Ki-Adi's eye for a split second, both Masters seemingly placing their plans together in that one moment in time. Both knew that Siddious couldn't very well hold onto Amidala for much longer, not when there were two Jedi bearing down on him at the same time. He would have to let her go or have her killed if he wanted to properly defend himself; either way suited the Sith, but the Jedi wanted to keep her alive as much as possible. If their plans worked, then all she would leave the battle with would be cuts and bruises, maybe a lost limb in the most severe case. With advancements in the medical field, any limbs lost could be replaced with light durasteel machines.

"I'm so sorry to do this, Your Majesty," Obi-Wan said in a calm, cool voice, as though nothing seemed to be amiss. Amidala gave him a hallowed look, her eyes going wide as the Jedi rotated the blade of his lightsabre and lunged towards her and Siddious. Her eyes closed at that moment, squeezing shut as she waited for death to speed it's way towards her. If that was going to be the last thing she saw, at least she found comfort in knowing that she was going to die at the hands of someone that she trusted even more then her own handmaidens and bodyguards.

Death, it seemed, didn't come, much to her surprise and she wondered of that death was as painless as it was sometimes described by those that had left the physical world behind. It was a moment before she realized that there was no lightsabres placed in her body and that time had stood still around her. She opened one eye to see what was going on, her head turning around as both eyes opened fully. Obi-Wan stood not even two inches away from where she was, one hand grasping the hilt of his lightsabre while the other hand had reached for her neck. What his idea of trying to save her was, she didn't know, yet somehow it made sense to him. How and why he was reaching for her neck, it didn't seem to matter as she felt a burning sensation in her right shoulder.

In that same frame of time, something hot had hit her in the shoulder, sharp pain flowing from the strike point. At first she thought it had been a lightsabre that had pierced her skin yet there was no pain from the blade exiting her skin as it would have when it retracted, no burning flesh that smelled of fresh blood. Even Obi-Wan seemed surprised at the unforeseen attack on her, his face set in momentary surprise before his hand finally reached out and took her by the neck in a feigned attempt to keep her pinned where she was. Between a Sith and a Jedi she stood, one holding onto her by the arms and the other holding onto her by the neck. She didn't know which was trying to keep her alive the longest, the Sith or the Jedi.

Siddious' grasp loosened slightly as though he had been hit by the very same unknown and unseen force that had shot through his captives shoulder, something that he had not seen nor sensed through the Force. Or the surprise of seeing a Jedi willingly spring forwards and grab an innocent being's neck gave him a startled reaction. Whatever the cause of the momentary lapse of his loosened grasp, it was more then enough time for Amidala to break her un-injured arm free and grasp the arm that Obi-Wan held to her throat in an attempt to hold onto something that could pull her away from at least one threat. She was in a tight spot, caught between a murderous Sith and a Jedi that held his focus on the person behind her.

"I don't know what you expected to do, but it had better be worth my life," She choked out, feeling Siddious' hand gripping her injured arm just as tightly as before. She winced, feeling the blood from her shoulder start to move from the wound upon it. Even with the stinging, it wasn't serious enough for her to seek out immediate help; as long as the stand-still between light and dark didn't take days, she would be fine.

"Indeed, Master Jedi," Siddious said, grinding his teeth together. "It seems like you have an ally somewhere out in the desert."

"And you need to be aware that there are two Jedi instead of one," Obi-Wan replied just as calm and collected as before, as though he had done this hundreds of times before. As to confirm his words, the blade of Ki-Adi's lightsabre sat only inches way from Siddious's back, waiting for the right moment to strike. "You have a choice between myself striking you first or Ki-Adi. Either way, you will have nothing to hide behind."

"The same logic can be said about the Queen. Her usefulness has...." Whatever words that were going to be said, died upon his lips. He didn't speak for a full moment, fully aware that the Jedi in front of him and the Jedi behind him could not only ruthlessly strike upon him, but also reveal his true identity. It wouldn't just be to the entire Outer Rim, but for the whole galaxy in itself to see; the HaloNet would show his face for months, maybe years, afterwards, ruining any future plans he had. Then he smiled. There were ways around things, ways that he could use for himself. "Are you that concerned with this woman's well being? There are a few Neimoidians that would be more then happy to have her head as a mount in their office.”

"Yes, I am," came the reply. That was the answer Siddious knew Obi-Wan would say; the ways of the Jedi were always predictable. He also knew that Obi-Wan had just enough experience with the slimy Neimoidian race that he didn't want, or need rather, to deal with them again, if the time ever came when Amidala would be more then happily transferred over to them.

"So be it, Jedi." As soon as those words had passed through Siddious' lips, he dropped Amidala's arm from his grasp. In that same frame of time, a long metal object seemed to have dropped from his right sleeve and into his hand just mere seconds after he had let go of the Queen fully. It didn't take but a few more seconds for Obi-Wan to drop his hand from Amidala's neck and push her out of in front of her. A sound of disgust came from her lips, just as the sound of a blade hissing to life rang out in the quiet street. "So the time has come, Jedi, to do battle. Are you prepared?"

"I have been for three years." That was all that was needed to be said between the two opposite sides of the spectrum, as Obi-Wan smiled slightly and took his first steps forwards. This was what he had been waiting for since he had seen Qui-Gon murdered in front of him, to finish off the Sith that changed everything. To Be Continued Author's Note: Yes, it's been a long time since I've done anything with this story. In short, I didn't write anything because I don't remember which characters know which attacks. In theory, I am hoping that I can get away with writing as little energy attacks possible and do with mainly physical, hand-to-hand attacks. Perhaps I can, don't know. In theory, anyways. Plus, I'm not good with fighting chapters anyways. If anything is off, or Out-Of-Character, you can blame me all you want. Also, if anything seems like it's jumbled together, please tell me. I had deleted Microsoft Works by accident and just recently download OpenOffice and using it for the first time. If anything seems out of place, uploading wise, please tell me. Hope everyone enjoyed this VERY, VERY late chapter. Hopefully, I'll get the rest out in a shorter time span then I did this one.