Crossover Fan Fiction / Neon Genesis Evangelion Fan Fiction / Tenchi Muyo Fan Fiction ❯ Reason And Accountability ❯ Negative 1 ( Prologue )

[ Y - Young Adult: Not suitable for readers under 16 ]

Reason And Accountability [SNAFU]

 

Negative One

 

“Augh. I can’t stand reading anymore of this. How can someone start with an interesting idea and then just completely ruin it by using the wrong settings and Gary Stu from the first go-round?” I asked out loud. “You can’t have magical girls and Washu from Tenchi and not ruin the story. Not unless you cleverly underutilize them, anyway, but what kind of author can pull that off? This guy wasn’t it. Also, crossover sleep deprivation is a dumb idea. An SI would be smarter.”

“What’s wrong, oniisan?” asked Komachi. She was reading a teen magazine about understanding boys. It was that same article they reprinted twice a year to justify their subscription rates which largely consisted of many layers of lies, paid product placement of the currently popular clothing or accessory, and never got around to the two word summary of “show up”.

“It’s this fan fiction. It got decent reviews and I was hoping for some inspiration for my novel,” I began. Komachi snorted.

“Oniisan, nobody wants to read a realistic novel about high school romance written by a boy without any isekais or magical powers. You can’t write without a market to sell to,” she reminded me. Komachi was smart. She was my sister. Of course she was smart. It was galling that she was both smart and reading that vacuous magazine. Ah, she was laughing at the article. That made more sense. Taishi was in so much trouble if she continued to date him.

“Besides, you made your teacher too sexy. Men are going to be buying your book and leering at all the hot girls in the story, and your MILFy teacher too. And that one older sister who keeps getting in your personal space and making innuendoes at you. A high school boy, and she’s in college on a science degree track? Just being the older sister of the ice princess is a bad reason for the character to be there,” Komachi pointed out.

I grumbled. She was sort of right. It was a stretch. Komachi flipped the page and stared then started cackling with laughter and kicking her feet in the air. I glanced at the article, something about first time lingerie for underdeveloped chests. If I was a cruel man I’d send that to Yukino just to rile her up.

“Sometime I wish I could go to these places and just use reason and accountability to straighten them out.”

“Wish granted,” said the TV set. I looked over at it and blinked at the demon face there before it shifted to the next commercial.

“That was weird,” said Komachi. Odd timing anyway.

“Mugh. I feel sleepy. I’m gonna take a nap,” I said. I put down my phone on the coffee table and laid down to sleep. Komachi’s giggles drifted into the background.