Crossover Fan Fiction ❯ A YYH/YGO Fanfic (Aren't I creative with names?) ❯ Dawn of MY Duel ( Chapter 1 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

A YYH/YGO Fanfic
Please note: The characters from the shows are not mine; I'm just playing with them. ~The author
 
BEEP!! BEEP!! BEEP!! BEEP!! Click! Went the alarm as I groggily turned it off. 6:45, time to get ready for school. I took my hair down from a messy ponytail and washed my face. I still had sleep in my eyes when the cold water hit; I jerked to life ad picked out the usual outfit: navy-blue shirt (with a collar [ugh. Stupid uniforms…]), and khaki pants, with ankle-hugging socks and Nike running shoes. I put on my trademark necklace and watch without even looking at what I was doing. My necklace, a tri-colored stone framed by metal, gave me much comfort and kept me calm wherever I went; my watch, a traditional face with a purple leather band, almost never left my wrist. It felt good to be wearing them again; then, I remembered that I had a duel that morning, and that made me feel even better.
When I got to school, I totally dominated the playing field and won in about 5 turns (a.k.a. extremely short game). It was pretty easy.
 
 
At lunch, my friends and I were playing “guess what Yu-Gi-Oh card”, when an unfamiliar voice came over the announcements.
“Nobody move.” Said the voice, and nobody except me did (I just put my cards in my purse). I listened as hard as I could, trying to pick up clues to who this person was. They had a deep voice, but I could tell that it wasn't male.
Suddenly, my stone began to glow in blue, green, and orange: all three colors. It startled me, so I grabbed it and forgot my attempts to figure out who the voice was.
A teenager came in. He had blond hair and sunglasses; he seemed strong, and looked maybe 18 or 19. He wore a strange duel disk; it sort of reminded me of the grim reaper (color-wise). He looked like he'd just gotten off of a motorcycle. He scanned the room, turned around, and disappeared.
Another voice came over the announcements, this time it was a male; it was calm, collected, and cold. All I remember is this:
“Attention, duelists. I know there must be at least one out there; the school will be holding a tournament in two days. There will be prizes, and the winner will get the chance to become a professional duelist. Remember: only one, will win.”
This speech, although very short, caused a huge conversation throughout the cafeteria.
“You should enter.” my friend, Jasmine, prodded.
“I don't think so. It's not like I'm a strong duelist. My brother always wins when I play him.” I replied, conjuring a strong defense.
“Oh, come on, Thunder. He said there would be prizes.” She pressed (Thunder is my `code name').
“Yes, he did say there would be prizes. But the question is `for whom?'” I countered.
“You, of course.”
“He never said that, and even if he had, we can't be sure if he's a liar, or a truth-teller.”
“If you're so worried, I can show them to you.” the first voice. It came from behind me, causing me to spin around quickly. I looked up. She had long blond hair and green eyes. She was wearing the same type of duel disk that the boy had been. She also had an aqua colored stone around her neck; it was glowing. Mine [Yay!] had stopped.
“Okay.” I replied, dumbfounded.
She took me to the back room of the front office. There, before my very eyes, is what looked like every card ever produced! My jaw dropped slightly; I couldn't help it. I'd never seen such a glorious sight: every card! Except three. The Sphinxes. They had all but the Sphinxes. The Three Sphinxes were the hardest to summon, but almost indestructible when played with the Pyramid of Light. Their names are, from weakest to strongest, Sphinx Taleia, Andro Sphinx, and Theinen the Great Sphinx. That worried me. I closed my mouth and scanned the very back room, trying to hide my concern. My eyes reached the back, and froze in place; what I saw, was a completely unstoppable force: the Three Egyptian God Cards. They were the real deal, too.
“Whoa. The God Cards.” I was going into shock. If these guys had the God Cards, what would a tournament do?
“Don't even think about stealing those cards. They're too powerful for you to handle.” She warned.
“I'm no thief.” I replied. “It's just… I thought Yugi Moto had the God Cards.” I was puzzled.
“He did.” She said.
“What happened?” I was getting a bit curious, especially for me.
“He got careless.” Translation: she stole them.
I opened my mouth to ask her something else, when someone cut me off.
“That's more than enough information, Ms. Valentine,” the second voice. I turned, and the first thing I saw was a one blue-green eye and one gold. “DARTZ!!!” a little voice inside my head screamed. Her name was Mai Valentine; it had to be. “Oh my god, so that's what a tournament would do!” I remember thinking. All of this information registered in my head in an instant, causing me to use Mai as a support beam.
When I had regained contact with Earth, I turned to her.
“Mai? Mai Valentine?” I was completely surprised; she was more beautiful than I'd thought (in a good way: I hadn't thought she was ugly or anything ^.^;). She nodded.
“Why didn't you tell me?” Even though I felt like an idiot, I was really excited; one of my favorite duelists/idols was standing right in front of me!
“You never asked.” She replied coldly.
“Hmm…hold on.” I looked really closely at her face. ”Nope. Still ruled by hatred.” I said, shaking my head with disapproval.
“What is that supposed to mean?” She shot back, apparently offended.
“Nothing you can understand. Not yet, anyway.” I replied mysteriously.
“Can you at least give me a hint?” She said, probably half joking.
“Hmmm…Yeah. I guess I could. Here's a list of how I can tell: The disk, the rock… him. Need I say more?” I counted the reasons off on my fingers.
“You can start with where you got those ideas in your head.” Dartz spoke for the second time.
“Uhhh… I guess I know because, well, I saw. I saw her play The Seal of Orechalcos. I saw her almost slaughter Joey Wheeler (by the way, Dartz, it's Joey. Not Joseph.), twice. I really did see her in your lair. And, no, I can't tell you what my source of information is, because then you would go and destroy it when I'm nowhere near finished with it yet.” I replied.
“You're lying. I never saw you or sensed you, and believe me: I would have if you were there.” He replied sounding annoyed that someone had the nerve to even suggest such a thing.
“Well how else am I supposed to know, Dartz? What, do you think you have your own television show or something?” I shot back mental thought: `Good lord, Thunder, are you going to tell him the whole story, stupid?' “ Any more doubts slash questions?” I asked, my mind now coming up with lies galore.
“Just one.” Dartz said, holding up a finger. “Are you a duelist?” That one I wasn't prepared for.
“Me?” I said, stupidly. “Um, no.” hadn't my mother told me not to play with matches? “No, I'm not. My brother is the duelist, not me. Close, though.” I said, gaining more confidence. My face at that moment: ^^;;My thoughts:>.<
“Could've fooled me; what with the way you're not telling me anything useful.” That too, caught me off-guard. Why was he all of the sudden being nicer to me? Was he trying to throw me off, or something more complex?
“Huh?” Something told me I wasn't thinking that day.
“Are you sure you're not a duelist?” He pressed. I finally snapped out of it.
“Oh, come on. Does it really matter that much?” Two can play at that game, I thought. We were going at it for quite a while, at least, according to Mai. But, in the middle of our little question battle, a new person added commentary.
“Oh, that's harsh.” I turned to see who it was.
“My heart's as cold as winter; that's a harsh time, Valon.” I replied, recognizing one of Dartz' henchmen.
“I've noticed.” He shot back.
“Oh really? Wow, an improvement. I didn't know you could use both your eyes and your ears! Go you.” I said, sarcastically.
“How cruel. When I saw you in the cafeteria, I thought you'd be a more humane person.” Said the boy that had scanned the cafeteria earlier, who had appeared out of nowhere.
“Looks can be quite deceiving, can't they? Your boss here thought that I was a duelist, so you're not alone.” I replied, smiling sadistically (I knew I was annoying the hell out of everybody). “Besides, I lost all respect for you when I found out you were soul-collectors.”
“And when was that?” Dartz asked. I thought for a minute, trying to see any way he could track my source down by me telling him when I found out. Seeing none, I told him.
“About four months ago.” Casual, don't show that you're suspicious, just be casual. He nodded.
“Hmm. I see.” He said, thoughtfully. A sudden impulse told me it was time to leave. I turned and was about to walk out the door when a hand grabbed my wrist.
 
 
To be continued…