Crossover Fan Fiction ❯ A YYH/YGO Fanfic (Aren't I creative with names?) ❯ Duel With a Fairy ( Chapter 15 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

A YYH/YGO Fanfic
 
Please note: The characters from the animes are not mine; I'm just playing with them.
 
The next day, I walked into school with an upgraded deck, dragging my feet slowly because I didn't really want to be there.
“Hiya Thunder!” Jin cried as he rounded the corner; then he saw my face, and his happy expression fell. “What's wrong?”
“Not much. I'm just being blackmailed.” I replied coolly, with no sarcasm in my voice whatsoever. He frowned.
“By who, old foxy?” I shook my head, smiling slightly.
“No. By that two-faced freak, Dartz.” I answered, still without emotion. I trudged into the cafeteria, and found myself stuck in a huge green circle. “Wha-?” I cried, caught off-guard by the nameless other duelist. I looked at him, only to see that he was in fact a she. Long red hair, gold eyes, and familiar tanned skin. Mental Thought: `I have seen her before, but where…' Then it hit me: Pixie Knight! I was fighting another monster reincarnation!
“You will pay, Archer!” she cried in a shrill voice. I stared at her oddly, and then tried to remember what I'd done. Mental Thought: `Wait a minute. Wasn't she in the Youko…? Oh no. Attack of the fan-girls…' I kneeled down, and got my duel disk out of my backpack. I pulled open my deck box, grabbed my cards, and slid it into the deck-holder, activating the disk.
“I'm not quite sure what you're talking about, but if you want a duel, then you've got it!” I replied, setting us both at 4000. We drew our hands. Mental Thought: `Okay. I have to find a way to end this duel in a draw, or else we're both doomed.' I examined my hand, finding a friendly face at the very least. “I'll go first!” I called, drawing. “I'll set three cards face-down on the field, and then place one card in defense-mode!” I was trying to think of what I could do, but I had nothing on this girl. I didn't know what to do!
“My turn, then!” she cried, drawing. She smirked. “I summon Abyss Soldier in attack-mode! Then, I activate his effect, which allows me to return one card on the field to your hand, as I long as I discard another Water monster!” she declared, showing the Fenrir that was in her hand. “And I chose your face-down monster!” I picked up the card and put it back in my hand. “Then, I attack you directly, putting you at 2200!”
“Alright then, my turn!” I called, drawing. Yomi ship. Mental Thought: `Alright, we'll have to bend the old rules and summon two monsters if we want to survive. Let's see… I can equip the Megamorph on the field to Amazon Archer, giving her an attack of 2800, and attack with the Shooting Star Bow - Ceal and Yomi Ship. I know that Fenrir's effect can't be activated unless there are two Water monsters in the graveyard, but I don't know what that effect does, exactly. I'll have to be careful.' “I summon Yomi Ship in attack-mode, and I'll equip it with Shooting Star Bow - Ceal, putting its attack at 200!”
“That's stupid. Abyss Soldier is still way stronger with 1800!”
“I'm not done yet! Then, I also summon Amazon Archer in attack-mode and equip her with Megamorph!” She looked taken aback, but I didn't stop there. “Then, I destroy your Abyss Soldier with my Amazon, putting you at 1200. Then, I'll have Yomi Ship attack you directly, since thanks to Shooting Star Bow - Ceal, I can do that. That'll put you at a square 1000 Lifepoints. Your turn.”
“I summon Aqua Madoor in attack-mode, and destroy your Yomi Ship, putting you at 1000, the same as me!” I looked down at my graveyard, and smiled at the bait: Yomi Ship.
“You know Yomi Ship's Special Ability, right?” I asked, looking up and smirking. She paled.
“What?”
“Your Aqua Madoor is destroyed as well. You see, when Yomi Ship is destroyed as a result of battle, then so is the monster that destroyed it. Cool, huh?” She blushed and activated some Spell card called “Two-Man Cell Battle”. She said that it allowed each player to Special-Summon a Level 4 monster from our hand during our End Phases. I shrugged it off.
“Anyway,” I drew, and a monster appeared on her side of the field. “I summon one card in face-down defense-position, and end my turn.”
“Allow me to introduce my new card, Barrier Statue of the Torrent! This card's effect says that only Water monsters can be Special-Summoned as long as this is face-up on the field!” I'll also set a card in defense-mode, and lay a card face-down.”
“I flip-summon—“
“Activating my Trap Hole! You are not destroying my monsters!” I frowned, and set another card face-down. Mental Thought: `Let's see her destroy that, though she is better than I thought she would be.' She drew, and smiled. “I sacrifice both of my monsters in order to summon my very own DARK MAGICIAN!!! In attack mode, of course!” I froze. Mental Thought: `Oh dear…' But I wouldn't let my shock get to me.
“Activating my Spellbinding Circle!” I cried revealing the trap. MT: `That was too close for comfort…' I remembered that we were still both fighting for our souls, but that wasn't a good thing. We were on even ground now, but how long would that last? I drew a useless card, and gave the okay for her. She drew her next card, and smiled wickedly.
“Alright then, I sacrifice my Dark Magician to summon another in its place!” I frowned in confusion. MT: `How does that work out?' “Then, I activate Monster Reborn to bring it back!” `…Oh…' “But, lucky for you, I'm not going to attack.” She added. I sighed in relief, and drew.
“I switch Amazon Archer into defense-mode, and play Dian Keto the Cure Master, putting me at 2000 Lifepoints once more!”
“You'll be needing those Lifepoints, Archer,” she started. I tensed, and stared at the new card in her hand, wondering what she was going to do. “I sacrifice both of my Dark Magicians in order to summon the Sorcerer of Dark Magic!” I could feel the color draining from my face. MT: `Oh dear… 3200 ATK, 2800 DEF. There's nothing in my deck that can rival that power. I must destroy it, and quickly.' “Then, I destroy your Archer!” she cried. “The rest is for a later turn,” She smirked evilly, as if she'd already won this game. I drew, and took a deep breath. MT: `Well, here goes nothing…'
“I summon a card in face-down defense position. That's it.”
“I attack your first face-down card!”
“But although it has lower defense-points, it is not destroyed due to its effect!” I countered. She frowned and placed one card face-down, ending her turn.
“Alright, I flip-summon my Medusa Worm, and use its effect to get rid of your Sorcerer! And that's all!” I cried. MT: `Good thing that Medusa Worm was here, or else I'd be long gone. It's also good that she wants to play cat-and-mouse. If she only knew that this mouse is worse than Jerry.' She gawked.
“Wh-wha? MY SORCERER!!!”
“Gone! It's your turn!” She fumed.
“I ACTIVATE ROYAL WRIT OF TAXATION!!!! This allows me to look at one of the cards in your hand, and if it's not activated by your next turn, you receive 1000 points of damage!”
“Then chose away,” I said, holding out my hand with a smirk.
“The one on my right,” I winced. Dang, her intuition was good. That was the only pointless card in my hand. I held it out, and smirked triumphantly. We were on even terms again. She placed one more card face-down, and I drew.
“My turn. I summon Spirit of the Harp in attack-mode, and attack you directly!”
“But I take no damage, thanks to my trap card, Waboku!” I gritted my teeth. This was getting to be annoying, and my Orechalcos stone began to glow.
“Your deck bores me!” I shouted. “It's time to end this! Draw your card!” I called, switching Spirit into defense-mode. She did so, and her face lit up.
“I play Reckless Greed! It allows me to draw two cards as long as I don't draw any for the next two turns. Then I summon Red-Eyes B. Chick!” she yelled, obviously expecting a big reaction.
“What?” She did an anime-fall at that, then got up and started yelling at me.
“RED-EYES B. CHICK, YOU IDIOT!!! LOOK AT WHAT IT DOES!!!! I sacrifice it in order to summon Red-Eyes B. Dragon! See?” I leaned back.
“Ohhh. I see.” I said, smacking my fist onto my palm in an `Oh yeah' type of gesture. She sweat-dropped.
“Anyway, I use my Red-Eyes to attack your Medusa Worm! Revenge for my Sorcerer.” I sighed, and she ended her turn. I drew.
“Nothing to do. Go ahead.” She destroyed my Spirit of the Harp. I sighed again, knowing that she would be drawing another horrific card this turn. I hoped for the best, and drew. Sangan. MT: `Hm. Maybe something.' “I summon another face-down defense-position monster and end my turn,” I said boredly. She drew, and my pulse raced. Finally, I had something to think about.
“I sacrifice my Red-Eyes B. Dragon,” she started, catching me off-guard. It was yet another puzzling move. “In order to summon my Red-Eyes Darkness Dragon!” MT: `3600 ATK 2000 DEF. Not good…' “And I attack your face-down card!” Sangan went to the graveyard, and I picked up my deck, skimming through it for my other card. The card that would win this for me.
“My turn?”
“Go ahead,” I drew, and summoned the drawn card in defense-mode, placing one card face-down.
“Your turn,” She attacked my face-down card, as expected, and got her card sent back to her hand.
“What?”
“You just destroyed my Wall of Illusion, and that card has a special ability. It forces any card that attacks it back into the owner's hand. And now, you can't summon it anymore.” She grimaced, and ended her turn. “And now for the Grand Finale!” I shouted. “I summon Raging Flame Sprite in attack-mode!” There was a long awed silence before she burst out laughing, but that was expected.
That's your `grand finale'? Ha! What is that little thing gonna do to me? Poke me till I die of boredom?” I beamed.
“Nope. Better. Now draw, so I can show you how.” She obeyed, and frowned. Not a good card, obviously. She ended her turn, and I let out a triumphant laugh.
“Yes! Now, Raging Flame Sprite, attack her directly!” I yelled, pointing at my opponent, whose name I still did not know. That put her at 900.
“Was that supposed to hurt?” she taunted, drawing. She smirked. “I summon the Masked Dragon in attack-mode, but since your Sprite is no threat, I won't destroy it just yet. I'll just play Dian Keto the Cure Master, putting me at 1900.” MT: `There she goes, playing Cat and Mouse again. She'll regret it…'
“My turn!” I drew, but barely glanced down at the Familiar Knight. “I'll activate Raging Flame Sprite's effect, and attack you again, although this time it'll sting a little more. Now you're at 800.”
“WHAT?!?!”
“Thanks to Raging Flame Sprite's other Special Ability, she's able to increase her attack force by 1000 every time she successfully attacks you directly, which her first ability allows her to do once per turn. Get it?” She nodded, fuming, and attacked it, sending my Sprite to the Graveyard before it could do any more damage, and inflicting 300 points of damage to me. I drew, and smiled. Another of my best cards.
“I summon Amazoness Paladin!” I shouted. “ Then I attack your Masked Dragon in Revenge for Raging Flame Sprite (that puts you at 500.) And I'll lay one card face-down. That ends it.”
“Your destroying my Masked Dragon activates its Special Ability! That allows me to Special Summon a Dragon from my deck so long as it has and ATK of 1500 or less!” she nearly shrieked as she shifted through her deck. She played another Masked Dragon, though this time it was in defense-mode. She also set another card face-down. I attacked it with my Paladin, only to find out that it was a Jigen Bakudan. It destroyed it, but that also activated its effect. Before my Lifepoints hit zero, I quickly activated one of my Magic cards, hoping that I wasn't too late. The last thing I saw was a huge flash of light.
 
 
 
To be continued…