Crossover Fan Fiction ❯ Bloodstones in Her Hair: A Bishie World Prophecy ❯ 'Come Away, O human child!' ( Chapter 1 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]
Disclaimer: I do not own any of the anime/manga/game/book etc characters, save for Ilandere, she belongs solely to me.

'Bloodstones in Her Hair' : A Bishounen World Prophecy

'Come away, O human child! To the waters and the wild With a faery hand in hand, For the worlds more full of weeping than you can understand...
He comes, the human child! To the waters and the wild With a faery hand in hand, From a world more full of weeping than he can understand' - W.B. Yeats "The Stolen Child"


Chapter One: 'Come away, O human child!'

Ilandere rolled her shoulders, ignoring the people giving her odd looks on the street, singing softly below her breath, along with her cd player. The ear buds were hidden by her long dark hair, and the wires attached to them went over her shoulders and into the small open space she had unzipped in her little black backpack. She skipped now and then, her black shoes scuffing the pavement, her bell-bottom jeans brushing against the ground and some people would stop and watch her. When this happened Ilandere felt like a freak because she simply could not see herself. Ilandere was not the most beautiful girl in the world, but nor was she average, rather, somewhere in between. Ilandere was considered cute, but her charisma was what drew people to her. Her moods radiated from her and affected anyone around and since all she felt now was cool indifference, the feeling was mirrored back to her in other peoples eyes. Ilandere yawned and pulled on the corduroy lapel of her black jacket, un-twisting it from the backpack straps as she glanced into the L.A. shops. A thin silver chain, from which hung a tiny silver bell bounced against the cerulean blue shirt she wore, ringing softly, but Ilandere had gotten used to it and didn't notice it overmuch. She wore a large silver thumb ring, a crowned skull carved into it's surface, on her left hand, as well as a metallic blue band with celtic symbols on her pointer finger. Ilandere's right hand was bare save for a large white scar over the knuckle of her pinky and another scar shaped like a tear-drop on the base of her thumb. Ilandere suddenly stopped, looking into an internet cafe and debated a moment before heading inside. The cafe wasn't large, sort of like a small-town Starbucks, with fancy decorating, but not too many tables or chairs and obviously it wasn't very popular, or this wasn't the busy time of day. Only two other people sat at computers at the tables, clicking away on laptops. Ilandere walked over to a table in the back and slipped off her bag, digging around and first pulling out her cd player, so her laptop wouldn't get tangled in the headphones, and then her laptop. It took her a few moments to hook up and while she waited for the internet to connect she walked to the woman standing behind the counter and paid enough money for twenty minutes of access.
Ilandere hummed along with one of her favorite songs, 'Cold' by a band named Crossfade, her own fingers rapidly clicking away as she went to the Yahoo! webpage and signed into her e-mail. The humming continued, slightly annoying the other customers there, whom did their best to ignore her and the clicking that continued to get faster as she typed up an e-mail and sent it on its way. It took Ilandere a few minutes before she got to the bottom of her inbox, it had to have been at least a week since she signed into her e-mail and she had tons from forums and websites she was signed up for, as well as one from her machine-whiz of an uncle, telling her that her digital camera was fixed. Suddenly Ilandere froze, tilting her head to one side in consideration as she stared at the last e-mail, which was blank. There was no title, not even the revert of 'None' that was inserted into blank titled yahoo e-mails, and there also wasn't a name or adress explaining who it was from. Ilandere's eyes narrowed, the word virus immediatley came to mind, but she thought of her uncle and shrugged. She wasn't on the computer that much anyway, he could fix it before she ever really needed it again if it was a virus. Ilandere laughed beneath her breath and clicked on the simple blue line. As the e-mail opened, she noted that the cafe didn't have particularly fast access, Ilandere tapped her fingertips on the edge of her keyboard with the drum accompaniament in the next song on her mix cd. One of the women sitting at a near-by table shot her an annoyed look, but Ilandere didn't notice.
She snapped her fingers when it finally finished loading, biting her bottom lip and raising her dark eyebrows when all she got was a link. Ilandere's eyes, a soft grey, that when in the right light appeared silver, showed amusement. She had expected some sort of virus, or even some sick porn site sending her an e-mail, but just a link? Ilandere laughed again and decided that it must be a porn site, even though it didn't have any type of sick words in the adress and went to delete it. A bubble suddenly appeared on her screen, right when her arrow hovered over the delete button.

'Take a Look!' The bubble stated and Ilandere laughed again, loudly this time, causing the other woman to huff in annoyance and slam her computer shut, getting ready to leave.

"Do I want to, is the question." Ilandere stated, her fingers poised over the keyboard, but the computer didn't answer her. Ilandere looked at her computers clock and then decided that she would, she had ten minutes left and it would be a waste if she didn't use them up. She moved the arrow and clicked on the link, expecting dirty pictures. Instead it went to a website that stated in large letters 'BISHOUNEN', that imitated the Pokemon font. To either side of the word were spinning black and silver balls that resembled poke-balls. For a moment, deciding it was a cheap Pokemon knock-off story, Ilandere almost closed the site, but as she stared at the word her interest piqued. Sighing Ilandere scrolled down the page, reading the hook of the site.

"Well, what do you know? It is like a Pokemon knock-off." Ilandere muttered, though not with any ill-will. Ilandere wasn't what was considered an 'otaku', but she read enough manga and watched enough anime to appreciate at least a little of Pokemon. She pursed her soft pink lips, thinking and staring at the 'Become a Trainer' button, before her eyes darted to the clock. She was interested now, but she only had two minutes, she would register and then check it out at home later. Ilandere chuckled to herself, wondering why she was allowing the site to draw her into it's silly little idea and then clicked on the button, still smiling.
When nothing happened after a moment Ilandere's smile faded and she raised an eyebrow as the screen began to fade to blackness. She started to shake her head in annoyance, she knew it was too good to be true, it was a virus, but then found she couldn't move. Ilandere sucked in a frightened breath, wondering if she was having a seizure because of some secret flashing light made by the sick webmasters, when the screen turned on again. It flashed brilliant colors, neon blue, bright red, magenta and flourescent green and then they all seemed to melt together. It sort of dripped along the screen, like bright technicolor acid, getting bright and brighter, until it was so bright it was dark. That was when Ilandere realized everything else had gone dark around her too.

---

Ilandere's eyes were closed as tightly as could be, her hands clenching the backpack in her lap, groaning softly. Instead of the cool air she had felt in L.A. the breeze hitting her face was warm and soft, her cd player was still going, though one of her ear buds had fallen out. Ilandere opened her eyes, only to groan again at the brightness, her hands searching through her bag to find the off button on the cd player. It took her a moment, but Papa Roach was silenced, leaving a soft ringing in her left ear. Ilandere fumbled again, removing the ear bud from her ear, her fingertips brushing against the small cartiledge piercing and slowly opened her eyes a fraction. She was sitting in the middle of an empty road, with bright sun overhead and trees surrounding on either side. As her eyes got used to the light they opened as wide as they could, surprised beyond belief. One moment, the internet cafe in L.A., the next... Somewhere. Ilandere took a deep breath, rather than screech like she felt the need to and got to her feet, shoving her cd player into the bag and zipping it up, shouldering it quickly. Nobody was around, at least from what she could see, and nothing odd seemed to be happening. Ilandere found the frown on her face deepening and shook her head, almost in disappointment.

"When you're transported to a different world the least they could do is put you in the middle of some sort of ruckus, maybe I'm simply one of the unlucky ones." Ilandere sighed and then started walking down the road, her lips slightly thinned. As she walked she pondered the website and seriously considered that she might have gone into a coma because of the seizure the flashing lights on the screen had given her. At least, she thought she had had a seizure. Ilandere sighed again, kicking a few rocks and passing a sign, not really paying attention. She took a few more steps and then froze, turning on her heel and jogging back to the sign and standing in front of it to read it.

Welcome to Emren City! The Forest Home of Bishounen and Humans!

Ilandere's lips parted and she shook her head, she had never heard of a place named 'Emren City'. For a moment she considered the sign and then looked past it, at the road the turned sharply into the trees about a hundred feet ahead of her, blocking the view of whatever lay there.

"Why do I have the feeling that my coma world will get even weirder?" Ilandere muttered to herself, straightening out the lapels of her jacket and marching on down the road, pursing her lips. Even thought she was slightly disappointed that she had been dropped into a quiet coma world, she didn't mind the warm breeze or the soft chirping of birds. It was nice to be out of the city, if at least for a little while. Ilandere had actually grown up in a small town, where everyone knew everybody else and everybody was a gossip. It had been boring some of the time, almost every small town kid wants to live in the big city, but Ilandere had been sure of her friends and sure of her future, at least, for a little while. They had moved to the city when she was fourteen, three years ago and Ilandere had found that she didn't really like it all that much. L.A. was full of homeless people and criminals. If you smiled at an older person, you wouldn't get a smile in return, like in Ilandere's hometown, they would frown and watch their things more closely, sure that you had stolen from them. Ilandere had trouble finding her way around the school, and though she wasn't picked on, she couldn't say that she had many friends. She had gone through phases, dressing in goth clothes for a while and very, very, shortly, adopting the valley girl way of life. That phase had lasted less than two days and she was back to darker, if not "gothy" clothing. Eventually Ilandere had made up her own style, dressing comfortably, though in colors that actually suited her, instead of all black, which made her look deathly pale, or pink, which made her look sickly. Though one of the few things that hadn't changed about Ilandere was that she liked anime and manga. She wasn't sure how old she was when she had first seen 'My Neighbor Totoro' or the always popular: Sailor Moon, but after those, it had been a constant thing. None of her friends from her hometown had gotten into it, other than to have her doodle them as characters and exclaim over the style, but neither had they made fun of her for it. Ilandere ran a hand through her hair as she approached the sharp turn, leaning over to peer around the tree she was standing next to. Ilandere's lower jaw dropped, her eyes widening in surprise as she came face to face with a large wrought-iron gate. It wasn't locked, but was merely closed, with teo men walking back and forth behind it. Ilandere moved from behind the tree, her grey eyes still open wide, staring at the gate. One of the men, a guard of some sort, noticed and smiled, waving as he walked over.

"Morning to you, ma'am, would you be willing to show us your Dex please?" He asked, opening the gate and stepping towards her a little. Ilandere noticed that the other guard was holding a tall spear and the one in front of her had a large broadsword, though it was still inside it's sheath. Ilandere's mouth opened and closed for a moment, even more confused than before.

"Okay, I know I'm in a seizure-induced coma, but I didn't think my mind would make up words." Ilandere muttered, rubbing her temples before she smiled uncertainly at the guard, who obviously hadn't heard her. "Um, I apologize, but I have no idea what a Dex is." She finally replied, expecting the guard to turn her on her way. Instead he straightened, his smile brightening as he looked at her waist, shaking his head.

"Oh no, ma'am, don't apolgize! I should have known, seeing that you don't have a Bish-belt yet. Come right in and I'll take you to the Orientation building." The guard opened the gate wider, to let her in, so Ilandere quickly stepped through, not sure what to do with herself. The guard turned to his companion, shrugging.

"Sixth one this week that appeared outside the gates, you got to take the last guy, it's my turn, be back in a minute." With which the man turned on his heel and began walking down the road, though now it had buildings on either side instead of trees. Ilandere hurried to catch up, staring at some of the names of the places, obviously in awe about what was happening.

"Um, sir, I know I'm in Emren City now, but what country am I in? And sixth one this week? People randomly show up here?" Ilandere furrowed her eyebrows, asking, but not really facing the guard, being too busy staring at one of the buildings, which was titled BISH-MART. The guard laughed happily, giving her a smile and nodding.

"Yes, it's quite normal for people to drop out of the sky here, save that most of the time they appear inside city gates, or at a smaller town, which usually has no gates, that way they don't have to be asked for Identification, seeing as they don't have it yet. Ah, here is the Orientation building, sorry for the trouble, I hope you enjoy your time here." The guard said, smiling again as he opened the door to the building, which looked much more normal than the ones surrounding it. Ilandere gave him an uncertain smile in return and walked inside. To Ilandere the inside looked like a doctor's waiting room. There were chairs along the walls and set up in the middle, along with small coffee tables, which were decked with magazines. The walls were white and only had a few framed pictures, one of which had the character Utena posing with an unknown man. The picture startled Ilandere for a moment, but she continued her surveytion of the room. There was a young woman sitting behind a desk, clicking away on her computer, obviously a receptionist. There were a few other people, teenagers, most younger than her, but maybe two as old, or a year older than herself. They all looked up as she came in, just as startled as Ilandere thought she must look. The receptionist clapped her hands happily, standing up.

"Oh, another one! Take a seat and the Professor's Bishie will be down to get you in a few moments, they'll explain everything." The receptionist waited until Ilandere had sat down and picked up a magazine before sitting down herself. Ilandere stared around for a moment again, a thirteen year old girl, sitting closest to her looked rather scared, but most everyone just appeared startled and in awe. Ilandere finally looked down at the magazine in her hands, wondering if all people in a coma went into a type of networked coma-dream, and then nearly dropped the magazine. It was filled with pictures of anime characters and descriptions. Ilandere gaped as she flipped through the pages, even more strongly reminded of Pokemon than when she had seen the website that morning. The magazine was a guide on where you could catch certain types of what it called 'Bishounen and Bishoujo'. She read a passage that outlined where wild Slayer-Bishies would be roaming and scoffed, setting the magazine back down on the table as the door in the corner opened and people filed out. She watched in interest as they walked by, about half of them were holding slim black and silver phone-type devices and wearing a black belt from which the small silver and black balls she had seen on the website this morning were hanging. Ilandere shook her head, guessing that this was the place all seizure-induced coma people went to if they watched whatever happened on that website. After all of the teenagers had filed out the door, along with suspiciously familiar characters walking beside them a voice asked for their attention.

"New Trainers, will you please follow me! I'll take you to the Professor's room, after which you will owe me 10 gold ryo each!" Tamahome, Tamahome, from Fushigi Yugi, told them, giving them all a wide smile. A girl shrieked with joy and tried to tackle him, but Tamahome dodged her, laughing and running up the stairs. Ilandere found herself looking at a few of the other teenagers before following cautiously. Ilandere took a deep breath as she was walking up the stairs, shaking her head softly.

No, this isn't happening! My coma is being tied in with that Bishounen site, I swear, this cannot be happening.

But Ilandere's thoughts were interrupted as a kind female voice asked them to follow her into the classroom. Ilandere looked up, blinking at the bright pink of the young woman's hair, but relaxing a little at the smile. The young woman was probably around 21, with small glasses that looked good on her, instead of making her look awkward. She wore a long lab coat and Tamahome was clinging to her arm, still smiling, but appearing disturbed. One of the guys that had been with the group downstairs was holding back the young woman who had tried to attack Tamahome, physically carrying her into the classroom. As Ilandere passed the Professor and Tamahome she couldn't help but stop and look him over. Ilandere gave the Professor a sheepish smile.

"Can I poke him, just to see if he's real?" Ilandere was surprised to see the laughter in the woman's eyes, but the Professor smiled wider and nodded. For a moment she hesitated, but then Ilandere gently poked Tamahome's hand where he was holding onto the Professor and then looked back up at her with wide eyes.

"He is real! Ah, thanks, I'm sorry, it was an odd question." Ilandere was now the last 'student' to walk into the room, so the Professor shook her head, understanding.

"Don't worry, honey, really. First I'm glad you asked and I think Tamahome's glad all you wanted to do was poke him, unlike the girl who attempted a glomp earlier. Besides, I was the same way when I got here, save that I was more like the girl that walked in there, trying to glomp Bishounen and Bishoujo!" The Professor laughed as she walked inside, Tamahome still clinging to her arm, with Ilandere following them. She found a seat as soon as she went inside, up near the front and waited for the Proessor to begin.

"Hello everyone! You can call me Professor Lana, or just Professor. Now, I'm sure all of you have questions, but they can wait until the end, by then I might have even answered it. First, we'll start off with the website. You all went to it, it had strange little black and silver balls, sort of like poke-balls, am I right?" Professor Lana asked them. Every single person in the room nodded, glancing at each other to make sure they weren't the only ones. Professor Lana smiled again, nodding in return and picking up a piece of chalk to draw on the blackboard behind her. She quickly drew two large circles and one smaller circle that looked like a poke-ball.

"Alright, we can move on a little. This circle here is Earth, where you all came from, this is a Bish-ball, but in this diagram it will represent the Bishounen website, okay? And this last circle is the world you're in now, what I call the Bish-world. Now, you're all on Earth, bored or some such and you check your e-mail, whch gives you a link to the Bishounen website." Professor Lana turned back to the board and drew an arrow from Earth to the Bish-ball in the diagram. Everyone murmured their understanding and she continued.

"Okay, you're on the Bishounen website, la de da, you click on the 'Make me a Trainer' button and then you experience a weird, maybe vertigo-like feeling, then you wake up and bam! You've been transported to the Bish-world. That's how you got here. Now, the technicalities are beyond me, really, so I can't explain how the website got you here, just that it did. People take you to me, that way you can start your journey." Professor Lana looked over her shoulder, as if to say 'with me so far?' Everyone nodded once more.

"Good, now. This place has every Bishounen and Bishoujo character you can imagine and it's not just anime and manga characters, though those are definitely more rampant. There are book, movie and game characters, even from TV, but realize that this doesn't mean the actor is a Bishounen, they already exist in our world, so they don't need to exist here. Now, you're here because you truly believe in a show, or book, or even a single character. Being here allows you to capture them, just like on Pokemon, but believe me, having a Bishounen or Bishoujo is not like having a pet. They're different than us, but essientially they have all the same rights, so respect them, please. There are Bishie cities, but those are hidden from us, and don't go looking for them, you'll either be in big trouble, or simply get kicked out of here. Is there anyone who'd like to leave now?" For a moment no one moved, then everyone shook their heads, even the scared thirteen year old girl.

"I didn't think so, but I had to check. Okay, now on to stages. There are three stages of Bishies. Sama, San and Chibi. Sama is like an adult, San a teenager and Chibi a child. Chibi's are not allowed to be captured, unless they are born of your Bishies or the parents decide to give you guardianship and let you capture them, though that's pretty rare. For the moment, I'll pause to let you ask me questions before we go into one of the upper rooms for you to get your first Bishie." The little thirteen year old raised her hand, biting the nail of her thumb on her other hand, so Professor Lana called on her.

"Um, w-well, what about our p-parents?" To which Professor Lana smacked herself.

"Oh, of course, I apologize! Okay, let's get another diagram." Professor Lana quickly drew two rectangles on the board and then turned to the class.

"Alright, say this is a the first story you ever wrote, you're working on it, et cetera, but eventually, you get writers block. You stop and move onto a new story, here and start writing. You don't have to go back to the first story, but if you ever do, things won't have changed. Time will have passed, dust may have covered the paper, but you can continue to write it. That's what happens. When you leave your world, everyone forgets about you, so they don't worry, don't miss you and freak out. But if you ever go back, time will have passed, you'll be older, but everyone wll remember you, they'll have memories of you and you can sort of go back to normal, though you won't forget this place, at least, I don't think so. Okay, that all? Onwards and forwards!" Professor Lana stated, walking out of the classroom, Tamahome now latched onto her arm again. Ilandere got up quickly and was the first to follow, speaking with Professor Lana as they walked.

"So this isn't some sort of coma? I thought the flashing lights gave me a seizure! That's a relief." Professor Lana laughed softly and smiled at Ilandere.

"No, don't worry, this definitely isn't a coma. Who do you think you'd like as your first Bishie?" Professor Lana asked seriously. Ilandere furrowed her eyebrows and shook her head, she didn't know. Professor Lana opened a door and shooed Ilandere inside, followed by the other new Trainers. The room suddenly became very quiet and Ilandere felt her face flush red as she stared at the Bishounen and Bishoujo in the room. There was about fifty of them, where there was only about nine teenagers coming in, Professor Lana soon took center stage.

"Okay everybody, yeah I know, there are a lot of Bishie's here, but don't freak out. You have no idea how many people appear here everyday, which is why we have so many Bishies voluntarily here for capturing, you have about twenty minutes to choose. Okay minna! Go ahead and mingle!" With that Professor Lana and her clinging Tamahome walked out of the room. There were characters from Final Fantasy, both the games and movie, as well as the Kingdom Hearts heroes, Sora, Riku and Roxas. There were anime characters from Sailor Moon, Cowboy Bebop, DNAngel, Fruits Basket, Nana, Fushigi Yugi, Inu-Yasha and Outlaw Star, among countless others that Ilandere couldn't name. A handful of book characters from series like The WayFarer Redemption, Symphony of the Ages and some she didn't know littered the room. Ilandere could feel her heart pounding in her chest as the characters and Trainers began to speak. She wandered around the room, feeling slightly out of place until she bumped into Roxas from Kingdom Hearts II.

"Hey, nice to meet you, I'm Roxas." He said, smiling and holding out a hand. Ilandere shook it, smiling back uncertainly and nodded as well.

"I'm Ilandere, nice to meet you too." Ilandere was still slightly amazed, Roxas' hand was warm, exactly like a human's would be and he was certainly friendly. The girl that had attempted to glomp Tamahome grabbed onto Roxas, squealing, so Ilandere gave Roxas an 'I'm sorry' smile and moved on. After a few more minutes Ilandere began to feel slightly more comfortable, but still jumped when someone tapped her on the shoulder.

"Wow, look at you! A girl after my own heart, the name is Dark!" Dark, from the series DNAngel, slipped his arm around Ilandere's shoulders, leaning on her lightly. Ilandere blushed and laughed softly as she smiled.

"Nice to meet you Dark, I'm Ilandere." Dark gave Ilandere a grin, squeezing her shoulder.

"That's a pretty and unusual name! So, what do you think of me?" Ilandere laughed again and was about to answer when the girl who glomped Tamahome, and also seemed to be following her, Ilandere noticed with a twitch, ran towards Dark. Dark's eyes widened and he moved behind Ilandere, suddenly turning into Daisuke, still clutching her shoulders.

"Please, I'd prefer to have someone like you as my Trainer over her, could you, uh, stake a claim? Or something? Please, I'm sorry." Daisuke murmured. Ilandere noted with some surprise that it was an older Daisuke, probably in his Sama stage, seeing as he was taller than her and obviously not fourteen like he was in the anime and manga. She nodded in agreement and grabbed the girl's arm just as she went to glomp Daisuke, screaming his name.

"Sweetheart, really, there is no need to glomp them, though I completely understand how you feel. Besides, Daisuke is mine, I've already asked him to be my Bishounen, so you'll have to find someone else." Ilandere said it politely, but felt anger bubble up when the girl, who was around fourteen rolled her eyes at her.

"Excuse me, but, like, you didn't say he said yes. Daiiiisuke, you didn't say yes, did you?" The teeny-bopper asked the Bishounen. Daisuke clutched onto Ilandere's shoulders tighter.

"Uh, actually, I did say I would be Ilandere's Bishounen, sorry. Um, there is a Satoshi Bishounen over there though." Daisuke murmured, pointing at the rival character from DNAngel. That Satoshi must have been in his San stage though, seeing as he was still fourteen. The teen-bopper 'ooo-ed' and then was off, to the apparent relief of Daisuke. He let go of Ilandere and smiled sheepishly.

"Ah, sorry, if you don't want me for your Bishounen, I'll go, but thanks a lot for saving me from that." Daisuke chuckled, though now he seemed embaressed to Ilandere. Ilandere quickly shook her head and put her hand on his arm.

"No, I'd love to have you as my Bishounen, for real, please?" Daisuke blinked, wide eyed, but nodded happily, just as Professor Lana walked back into the room, clapping her hands for everyone's attention.

"Minna!! Good, I see everyone has found a Bishie. Follow me into the next room. Oh and the remaining Bishies, we have another set of new Trainers coming in, in about... ten minutes, ja!" Ilandere and the others followed Professor Lana out happily, chattering with their Bishounen and Bishoujo. Ilandere blinked in surprise, but smiled when she saw that the scared little thirteen year old had chosen the toughie, Gene Starwind from Outlaw Star. The valley girl teeny bopper was chattering away happily to a Miroku, clutching his arm. The Bishounen didn't know whether to be happy because of the contact or horrified from her chatter, Ilandere felt sorry for him. She ended up at the front of the line in front of a strange machine, where Professor Lana was holding a large extraction needle and smiling reassuringly at her. Ilandere cringed a little as Professor Lana took her arm, but simply turned her head away and grit her teeth, ready for the sharp pain from the needle.

"To the Trainers, I have to take a sample of your blood to make the Bish-balls, this ties youre Bishies to you, that way, say, you lose a Bish-ball, you will know it's yours, no question." The prick of the needle was sharp, but it only took a moment, after which Ilandere turned when she heard the whirring of the machine. She found that she had gripped Daisuke's hand when Professor Lana had taken her blood and slowly pulled her hand away from his.

"Ah, sorry, didn't mean to hold it so hard." Ilandere smiled and shrugged and then turned to Professor Lana, who was holding out a Bish-belt.

"Go ahead, put it on, believe me, you'll feel... Great after you do." Ilandere nodded and put on the belt, blinking. She felt-right. Just right. Ilandere unclipped a Bish-ball and held it out to Daisuke.

"I'd feel really odd hitting you on the head with it, so why don't you just poke the button?" Ilandere asked, laughing softly, to which Daisuke grinned and poked the button. There was a red flash of light, where Daisuke was sucked into the ball. It didn't shake at all, as if Daisuke had completely accepted his new Trainer. Ilandere shivered a little, the feeling of rightness only grew stronger.

"Man, I feel stupid saying this, uh, Daisuke, come out!" Ilandere cringed a little and then smiled when Daisuke came out of the Bish-ball, blinking.

"I expected it to be small and cramped but it's like school dorms or something!" He exclaimed, swiftly taking the Bish-ball out of Ilandere's hands and examining it. Ilandere turned back to Professor Lana when she heard her laughter and couldn't help but give another smile.

"Oh, yes, I forgot about the new feature. Anyway, here's your Dex, Ilandere, I hope your time spent here is good." With that Professor Lana squeezed Ilandere's shoulder and then continued on down the line of new Trainers. Daisuke handed Ilandere back the Bish-ball, so Ilandere hooked it back on her belt and the new Trainer and Bishounen walked back down the stairs, quickly followed by some of the others. Another group of new trainers sat in the lobby of the orientation building, some scared, others in awe. Ilandere stopped and patted a young boy on the shoulder, smiling politely.

"Don't worry, it seems really odd here at first, but you'll probably like it, it's an adventure." Ilandere laughed when she got out of the orientation building, Daisuke right beside her.

"That made me feel like some sort of odd mentor. Anyway... Oh, Daisuke, I have a favor to ask..." Ilandere gave him an embaressed smile, looking at her feet. Daisuke's eyebrows furrowed together but he smiled back.

"Uh, what's that?" He asked.

"I know this is weird and I don't want to be like that little valley girl, so, can I, um... Not glomp, but can I hug you?" Ilandere's face turned red, but the fan-girl inside was obviously restraining herself. Daisuke blinked and then turned red as well and slowly opened his arms, but before Ilandere could take a step towards him, he
changed into Dark, who grinned proudly and opened his arms wide.

"Come on, you know you want a hug!" Dark said, grinning still and taking a step towards her. Ilandere couldn't help but laugh, and hugged Dark happily, letting out a small squeal of appreciation.

"Thank you, a fan-girl can only resist for so long!" Ilandere laughed, pulling away and brushing the hair from her face. Dark shrugged, hanging one of his arms around her shoulders as they began to walk.

"We should probably head to that BISH-MART place to stock up on supplies." Dark told her, giving Ilandere another debonair smile, which caused her to laugh again, shaking her head. Dark looked surprised and raised his eyebrows, blinking in confusion.

"I am a fan-girl, Dark, I want to glomp as much as the next girl, I'm simply polite about it, but I do not swoon, thank you very much. And yes, we should head to the BISH-MART, but I don't have any money.." Ilandere's eyebrows drew together as if she were in deep though, this time Dark laughed.

"You're a new trainer, you get stuff for free, they have like a 'new trainer kit' or something. Why don't you set up your Dex?" Dark suggested, shrugging as he explained about the free merchandise. Ilandere nodded and fished around in the pocket of her corduroy jacket, pulling out the Dex and flipping it open. It flashed on and then spoke in a computerized voice.

Property of-? Ilandere jumped, tilting her head, the Dex simply waited. After a moment it spoke again. Property of-? Ilandere shook her head and answered.

"Property of Ilandere." The Dex whirred in reply and the sentence appeared on it's screen. The Dex spoke again. Age-?

"Age 17." The next stat appeared on the screen, then listed a few facts.

Property of Ilandere, age 17, status: Novice Trainer. Bishounen/Bishoujo status: One, name: Daisuke/Dark Niwa. Stage: Sama. Nickname? Ilandere shook her head and replied.

"No nickname." The Dex now just sat there. Ilandere closed it and shoved it into her pocket, still heading towards the BISH-MART with Dark's arm around her shoulders.

Authors Notes: Hey everyone! I stumbled across Songwind's original Bishie fic a couple days ago (and stayed up super late to read all of it on ff . net) I definitely suggest reading it if you don't understand what my fic is about. After reading her fic though, I just couldn't stop thinking about it, I mean, how cool would it be to be able to catch Bishounen and Bishoujo? And like a handful of other people I had to start writing my own. (Lady Demoonica Darkmoon has a Bishie fic that is also definitely worth reading on ff . net) So here is Ilandere and her adventure, hope you enjoy, please review!