Crossover Fan Fiction ❯ SonPkmn Crossover: Fighting Freedom ❯ Prologue ( Prologue )

[ A - All Readers ]

Author's Note: This is my first Crossover fic ever. When Pokemon and Sonic the Hedgehog finally meet.
Disclaimer: I do not own Pokemon or Sonic the Hedgehog
SonPkmn Crossover: Fighting Freedom
Prologue
It was another busy night in Station Square, the cars were stopping and going by the traffic lights and the citizens busily strode down the sidewalks, minding their own business. Everything seemed to be peaceful and ordinary. It's been a few weeks since Dr. Eggman last attacked Station Square and the citizens thought it was now the best time to relax and enjoy their lives before anything else happens, that is Eggman-related or supernatural.
But they were wrong...
Suddenly, a column of light shot straight down from the sky and beamed itself in the center of the street, emitting an eerie sound as the drivers in their cars pressed on their brakes to stop. Few moments later, the ray of light dissipated, leaving a small, yellow object laying in its wake. The people took a closer look at the object that rested in the middle of the street, peering over the cars and looking afar from the sidewalks.
There, lying in the middle of the street was a shiny gold animal. It resembled a realistic cross between a weasel and a sea otter with a white collar attached around its neck. Two blue fins were planted to the back of its arms and its tail appeared to be splitted up, resembling a fish's fin. A sole, white mark was on its back, the same color as its underbelly. Blinking its eyes open by the murmurings of the crowd, the creature stirred a bit as the citizens backed away from it. The orange animal then rose up to its hind legs and stretched its arms with exhaustion.
"Buuuiiiizeel." The yellow creature uttered, as it opened its mouth revealing a row of sharp teeth to release an exhausted yawn from deep within. The people on the streets and the drivers in their cars gawked at the strange creature standing before them in the middle of the street. They assumed it was a friend of Sonic's, but by the look of its features, it was no ordinary animal.
"Bui?" The creature said, a bit confused in its new surroundings while glancing around until it realized that it was surrounded by humans and the headlights of the cars, "Buizel." It then stood straight on its hind legs, looking at the new environment while glancing it black eyes around at the people and the cars. No one tried to approach it, but was too busy trying to figure out what it is.
"It could be one of Sonic's friends."
"Probably, it does stand on its two legs."
"But it doesn't wear any clothes or shoes."
"It has two tails like Tails Prower!"
"No, it has one. See, the tip of its tail is just splitted."
Most of the people muttering were children, some were adults. The orange creature looked at the people, blinking its eyes at them with caution. However, A couple of police officers ran over to the spot where the ray of light had appeared through the streets, only to see the strange, weasel-like creature standing in the middle of the street, puzzled at its surroundings. Its gaze fell upon the officers of the law, narrowing its eyes to them as a sign of incoming aggression.
"What is that?" A male officer questioned his partner next to him, staring at the creature standing a few feet away from him.
Another male policeman replied, "It looks like a weasel...or a weird looking otter."
"That doesn't look like an otter to me." The first male officer retorted, "I'd say it's a weasel."
Upon hearing that it was called a weird-looking otter and a weasel, the creature growled at the policemen, thinking they were insulting it. The male officer kneeled down to the creature's eye level and asked the creature, "Hey, little buddy, you lost?"
The creature didn't reply, but simply glared at the officer.
The policeman continued, "Well, if you're one of Sonic's friends, then you shouldn't be hanging around in the middle of the streets like this."
"Buizel." The creature simply scoffed, folding its arms on its chest with pride while glaring at the policeman. It doesn't know any Sonic or anyone in this place. Bristling its sparkling, gold fur, the creature snarled, bearing its sharp teeth in an attempt to threaten the policemen to back off.
The police officer asked the creature, standing back on his feet, "You have an attitude problem, huh? Let's see how you react when we turn you in to the station, buddy. Be a good, little...whatever you are...and don't try anything funny."
The creature stopped growling and an arrogant smirk slowly stretched across the creature's muzzle, revealing its rows of sharp teeth that made the policeman blink at it. Only two words filled the weasel's mind and it wasn't a friendly reply...
Swift attack.
The creature then took in a deep breath and blew out an array of yellow stars at the policemen, causing most of them to throw their bodies the ground to avoid the stars whizzing past their very heads. The stars dangerously blasted the cars and buildings surrounding the creature, making deep dents on the vehicles and shattering the store's windows on impact. Several moments later, the creature stopped its attack and simply grinned at the frightened policemen, amused by their sudden cowardice. However, another police officer pulled his half of his body out of the safety of his vehicle to confront the dangerous creature.
"Freeze you...animal!" A police officer suddenly demanded while pointing a gun at the creature, as many other officers pulled out their weapons and pointed them at it. The yellow, weasel-like creature stood unfazed, its arms once again folded on its chest while glaring at the police. "In the name of Station Square police, I order you to surrender yourself!" The officer announced.
Yet, another toothy smirk was forged on the creature's face as another attack filled its mind.
Aqua Jet.
Suddenly, water began to erupt from the tip of the creature's snout as it began to float to the air before launching itself at the police, becoming a powerful water missile tearing through the air at blistering speed. It managed to ram into several parked cars, sending several of them flying a few feet in the air before narrowly crashing themselves down on some fortunate people who quickly got out of harm's way. The creature zoomed through the air, striking a few people in its path before it flew to the air and stopped.
The water fell from the creature's body, signaling that it has stopped its attack. It looked down at the people below, then smirked again as it thought of another technique it knows.
Bubblebeam.
"Buizel!" The creature cried out, twirling its body while in midair, releasing a flurry of bubbles from its mouth to hurl everywhere in its surroundings. Many of the people took cover behind the buildings, in their cars, or inside stores to escape the fury of the mysterious creature. Many of the bubbles blasted through the windows of the buildings within their range, some painfully blasted a few citizens who were unfortunate enough to run for cover.
The creature then landed back on the ground at the tip of its feet, its body arms already in battle stance, then it moved its left paw back and forth, as if coaxing the policemen to 'bring it on'. Unfortunately after seeing the dangerous attacks made by the creature, the policemen hid in their cars and cowered in fear, one of them secretly called for backup.
"Buizel!" The creature declared, knowing that the humans have retreated for their own safety instead of fighting back in offense. It turned its body around and before dashing off into the city at a speed that makes it almost invisible, away from the civilians and into the dark and sleeping part of Station Square.
Few seconds later, the gold, weasel-like creature stood proudly atop a building, its eyes glancing about to observe the new strange world it was in. It could hear the sirens of the police driving over to the spot where it attacked the humans. But one question lingered in its mind. This world is not its own, plus there weren't any other creatures of its kind around. The air reeks of pollution and human scent everywhere, no scent of other creatures like itself.
Where in Arceus' name am I?