Crossover Fan Fiction ❯ The Shadow Senshi ❯ Chapter 3: Man of God ( Chapter 3 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Disclaimer: Ok, this chapter goes back to the Shadow Senshi and their battle against the Demon King. The Bishoujo Sailor Senshi are the propriety of a person with much more money than I. Kuai Bo, The Shadow Senshi, Kuai Bo's troops, colleagues and other related creature from beyond are mostly my own although you might spot a few inspirations left and right.
 
I plan to cross this over with anything I think I can get away with. Everything not mine is propriety of whomever owns them at present. If you see any mistakes, I'd love to hear about them. You can get me at Gabriel.Pelletier@Sogetel.net
 
_Emphasis_
*“thought”*
 
----------------------------------------------------------------- -----
 
The Shadow Senshi
 
Chapter 3
 
By The Hunterminator
 
The Demon King roared orders to his troops as explosions rocked his fortress. Black dust fell as the walls made of unnatural materials crumbled under the stress. But all this almost pleased the Demon King; he would finally get the occasion to kill those senshi himself.
 
When the door of his throne room buckled, he stood up. He knew his impressive reptilian stature would strike fear in their weak human hearts before he ripped them out. With a shower of not quite stone, the door exploded and in came those who dared invade his domain.
 
With a roar, the Demon spat a huge firewall at the would-be invaders. Hatsuyo saw it easily and raised her arm. With it, the floor itself rose and formed an impassable wall that protected them from the flames and, before the King of evil could react, the wall fell back down as four projectiles flew where it was.
 
The beast was first struck by a flying spear shaped diamond quickly followed by a thunder ball, a wave of water and a black fireball as big as he was. But he was not the demon king for nothing as shield of flames stopped the attacks short… or should have anyway. A look of consternation passed on his face as he saw blood, his OWN blood, fall to the floor.
 
With an indignant bellow, he ran at Hatsuyo who, having been running at him, was now much closer and swung with a huge flaming sword. Hatsuyo, taken by surprise by the speed of the demon flew to the wall and hit it with a sickening thud. Satisfied that she would not get back up anytime soon, he kept running forward and towards Kimie, dodging an ice bolt and a fire beam.
 
His massive sword swung again but it merely impacted with Kimie's naginata. Of course, considering that Kimie used her weapon with both her hands while the Demon King used only one, she was unable to stop the large fist that followed and she flew back in much the same way Hatsuyo had. His triumph was short lived as a spear of ice blacker than darkness itself pierced his shoulder.
 
The Demon roared and spun at the upstart human, no, upstart _child_ who had dared to wound him again and spat a wave of fire that hit the ground. As Sakamae started to relax her shield after the seemingly failed attack, the ground under her erupted in flames that launched her meters into the air before she fell back to the ground face first.
 
The Demon King chuckled as her turned to the last child that had dared kill his greatest generals. Slowly and deliberately, he stepped towards her, thinking of all the tortures he would inflict on her and her friends.
 
Suddenly, the demon roared in pain as its knee shattered. As it fell to one knee, the beast looked behind itself and saw the first human it had hit, or he saw her boot anyway as bones in his face broke under the hit. As it fell to the ground, the Demon thought. *"No human should be able to keep going after the hit I gave, or hit this hard. But… if she's still conscious…"*
 
The Demon King looked around and saw the two other humans he had struck running towards him. As a naginata pierced his lung, an arrow hit his hand holding his weapon and that his other hand broke under a powerful punch, the Demon wondered why the fourth stood back and suddenly, he saw it.
 
The last girl, while he was kept helpless, had continued to build up power in her hand. And not any power, it was pure shadow magic the kind of which that even the Demon King couldn't command. As he saw her raise her hand and point it at him, the lord of evil knew that he was now going to die with the kind of clarity one only reaches when staring death in the eyes.
 
And suddenly, it was over as a golf sized ball of darkness hit the demon and, once it was inside of him, exploded with an amount of power few could imagine, much less use.
 
Kimie looked at Yukiyo and sighed: "Would you mind not blowing them to bits? I hate having to pull bits out of my hair."
 
Sakamae nodded, and then winced: "Ow, my neck. Damn, remind me to find a way to cushion a fall will ya?"
 
Kimie nodded and smiled: "Well, we finally did it."
 
Hatsuyo raised her hand, as if holding a glass: "Revenge."
 
The other girls, even Yukiyo, did the same: "Revenge."
 
Footsteps rang across the room. The girls turn to the door of the room and saw a man walk in. The man was blond which, coupled with his pale skin and the silver white armor he wore, gave the illusion that the man was made of light. Only his dark eyes contrasted with the quasi heavenly look the man seemed to have. Servant, who had been watching with an observation spell, spat his drink out when he got a good look at the man.
 
The man looked at the girls and unsheathed a beautiful silver bladed long sword: "It seems that the Demon King has already been purified, but you four have been touched by the taint of evil. Please, let me purify you so that you may be reborn pure in the next life."
 
The girls, having just heard what the man spoke of with purification, took combat stances and spread their group around him with Hatsuyo at point. The man took an obviously faked sad look before his traits hardened: "Very well then, I shall purify you against your will."
 
And with those words, the man surged forward and stabbed at Hatsuyo who sidestepped and hit the man away. The man stood back up: "Very well then, prepare to see the might of the ShadowHunter."
 
And then, before anyone could react, the man had begun casting a spell. Yukiyo sent a fireball at him in hopes of interrupting the spell but it was stopped by the swirling maelstrom of holy magic. Finally, with a cry of "Heavenly Grace", The ShadowHunter's spell was done and flowed into his body. And suddenly, he wasn't there anymore.
 
A pained gurgle attracted the girl's attention to Hatsuyo who now had The ShadowHunter's sword in her throat. The paladin pulled his sword out and let the girl topple to the ground before turning to Yukiyo, his heavenly look gone replaced by the face of a mad zealot. And then, within a blink, he was in front of her.
 
He quickly jumped back as Yukiyo became wreathed in a pillar of black flames but when the defensive spell's effect faded, The ShadowHunter plunged his sword through her heart. With a cry of panic, Kimie turned tail and attempted to run when a cry of "Holy bolt" preceded an arrow of light that chocked the life out of her.
 
The ShadowHunter yelled in pain as an arrow nicked his head, taking his left ear with it. A growl escaped his lips as he looked at Sakamae with murder in his eyes. And then, he ran with speed beyond the realm of imagination as Sakamae didn't even see what hit her before she found herself plunged in darkness.
 
And suddenly, with a flare of heat, she stumbled to the ground in front of a small door. As someone helped her back to her feet, her eyes widened as she saw what was surrounding her. She was in what seemed to be the lobby of an office building built by someone who loved red, and the most surprising part of the place was who she was with.
 
Hatsuyo stood back after Sakamae was back on her feet and looked at Yukiyo and Kimie: "So… looks like we're dead earlier than we expected eh?"
 
"I couldn't agree more." The girls whirled around and saw Servant, looking at them from a door farther down: "I was expecting you to live at least a few weeks after this but you had the bad luck of meeting the ShadowHunter."
 
Sakamae frowned: "The guy who killed us called himself that. What was his problem anyway, we killed the Demon King, he should have been grateful."
 
Servant sighed: "That man is an enigma and one of the biggest subjects of controversy around here. He seems to think that the slightest exposition to a demon is enough to permanently taint you and that death is the only way to be purified. With the invasion of your world, he most likely thinks that your world is tainted beyond redemption and will now probably kill everyone there."
 
Hatsuyo's eyes widened in disbelief: "WHAT!? We've gotta do something!"
 
Servant shook his head: "He is too powerful. He can even kill true demons although never permanently and on top of that, someone in heaven has decided that he makes a nice puppet to control so he is under heavenly protection. Anyway, stop talking about that monster who fancies himself a man of god and follow me. I will bring you to the master's home to pursue your training."
 
And with those words, Servant turned around and walked away, the girls running to catch up.
 
***During that time, in a completely unrelated universe***
 
Kuai Bo yawned. He felt bored to death. As he looked to the temple again, he saw Usagi looking at him. She and her friends still hadn't left. Kuai Bo smirked and waved to her. He saw her eep and go back inside where the girls were discussing the situation in a very animated fashion.
 
----------------------------------------------------------------- -----
 
Author Notes: Whew, that was nice one eh? I love making fight scenes so much. Oh well, you can also see where I differ from most fanfic authors, I don't mind killing my original characters.
 
Version 1.2: Not many differences this time, almost exclusively formatting.