Crossover Fan Fiction ❯ The Shadow Senshi ❯ Chapter 2: Meetings and Introductions ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Disclaimer: Ok, this chapter keeps going with the Bishoujo Sailor Senshi and they are the propriety of a person with much more money than I. Kuai Bo, The Shadow Senshi, Kuai Bo's troops, colleagues and other related creature from beyond are mostly my own although you might spot a few inspirations left and right.
 
I plan to cross this over with anything I think I can get away with. Everything not mine is propriety of whomever owns them at present. If you see any mistakes, I'd love to hear about them. You can get me at Gabriel.Pelletier@Sogetel.net
 
_Emphasis_
 
----------------------------------------------------------------- -----
 
The Shadow Senshi
 
Chapter 2
 
By The Hunterminator
 
The Sailor Senshi looked at the hero they had called. They were actually hoping for a knight in shinning armour, a cute butt would've been a plus too but they seemed to have found themselves a Chinese biker with loooooooong hair. At least, he was tall and muscular so he was obviously strong.
 
As they all began to ask questions at once, the biker from hell (literally) raised a finger and looked around on the stone that had brought him with a puzzled look on his face. Finally, his face lit up and he aaaahed as if he had found the answer to life, the universe and everything (42 if anyone cares to ask) and one of the senshi asked what he was doing.
 
”Hmm? Oh, I was trying to figure why there were no containment circles or any other security spells around here, it is usually customary during summoning to put so much protection that the summoned being is totally at the mercy of the summoner. It's actually a very refreshing innovation.”
 
Venus's eyebrows rose, “So, why is there isn't any protection in there?”
 
Kuai Bo shrugged, “Oh, that's a summon hero spell basically and the demands are sent before the creature even arrives and the spell itself has many safeguards. Although I wouldn't recommend using that antique for more than a few more centuries, the spells in that thing are borderline ancient history. I'd say, ten thousand years old minimum.”
 
Before questions could keep coming, Pluto quickly grabbed the arm of the “Guest” and pulled him away from the group. ”Alright, so I guess you already know the situation?”
 
Kuai Bo cleared his throat, “Actually, I should but for some reason, I wasn't given the time to read the situational report yet. I should have but I think someone doesn't like me” The last being said with a lot of emphasis and an angry look towards the sky. “Anyway, If you'll just get going somewhere with the rest of the summoners, I'll be there in a few hours, I just need to read that.”
 
Then Kuai Bo showed the large paper folder he was still clutching. Sailor Pluto simply nodded and went to the rest of the group who quickly made a group teleport to the vicinity of the Hikawa Shrine before going there untransformed. Rei quickly checked that her Grandfather and Yuuichirou were already gone to their little exorcism trip, courtesy of Pluto's rather extensive means.
 
It is truly amazing what one can organize with vast economical resources. Also, time magic and economical tricks are so lucrative when put together.
 
***A few hours later***
 
Rei looked up puzzled when she heard knocking at the front gate. When she opened it, she saw Kuai Bo looking sheepish. “Sorry, I can't enter holy grounds without authorization from a local religious figure.”
 
Rei looked inquisitively at Kuai Bo, “Wha? You can't?”
 
Kuai Bo sighed, “Of _course_ not; don't you girls know what you asked for during the summoning spell?”
 
Rei scratched her chin, “For the best for the situation right?”
 
Kuai Bo nodded, “Yeah, do you know what your situation needs then?”
 
Rei frowned and replied irritably, “If we knew that, we wouldn't really need you.”
 
Kuai Bo shrugged, “Alright then, give me the authorization and I'll explain it all once I can sit down.”
 
Rei hesitated, reminded again of a part of her new guest that puzzled her, “Er, Alright. You can come in.”
 
Kuai Bo beamed happily, not unlike the cat who ate a canary, “Thank you.”
 
And thus Kuai Bo made his way inside the shrine where he found all the rest of the Senshi, minus Chibi Moon and Saturn, in their civilian guises. Deciding to cut straight to the part where everyone gets mighty scared of him so that it's out of the way, Kuai Bo sat down and spoke. “Alright, from what I've been told, you girls weren't sure what you'd get?”
 
Pluto looked a bit miffed which, in her case, meant a tiny and quasi invisible wrinkle appeared on her brow. “Well, we couldn't really predict what we needed.”
 
Kuai sighed. “Alright, summoning trick number one, never summon an unknown. Luckily, that spell you used is the safest summon possible so it's alright but next time, be specific.”
 
Pluto frowned. “Alright then, what are you?”
 
Kuai chuckled and waggled his finger. “Now now, to know what I am and why I'm here, you need to understand the situation so I'll outline it for you. Fact one, you are fighting an highly adaptable opponent who generate creatures one at a time as is hinted by the fact that each one is more adapted to fight you.”
 
“Fact two, you lost your only Shadow Mage which creates a hole in you elemental defense which an adaptable enemy can easily exploit. Conclusion, the ideal person you need is?”
 
Ami arched an eyebrow. “A shadow based person?”
 
Kuai nodded. “But not any shadow being of course. The situation calls for a lot of power, more than regular humans can have and thus?”
 
Ami's second eyebrow arched. “Thus you are a non human being of shadow? What are you? A Youma?”
 
At this, everyone was beginning to inch back. Kuai chuckled. “I most definitely am not. Heroes of Shadow are rare so the restriction about not being too strong couldn't really be respected. Thus, here I come, a Bellumbra with severe restrictions on what powers I can use and how much overall power I have.”
 
Pluto thought quietly for a second. “A Bellumbra? I've never heard of your kind.”
 
Kuai shrugged. “We're a small sub specie of demons.”
 
Thus ensued another fine example of the spontaneous teleportation trick although this one also included flashy transformation scenes. Kuai Bo, as usual when witnessing that trick, chuckled. “Please. As I said, the summoning spell you've used is safe and to top it off, some people are eagerly waiting for the slightest reason to remove my hero status.”
 
“Were I to betray you, which I have absolutely no intention of doing anyway, I would get sent back to hell so fast I'd die of whiplash. By the way, in case anyone wishes to imply that I could be lying, don't. That's the single worst insult for my kind.”
 
Mars closed her mouth and fumed, miffed at having her argument nipped in the bud. The senshi didn't really calm down though. Perhaps not quite as ready to blast Kuai Bo to tiny bits but still quite paranoid about him, except of course for Moon who seemed ready to trust him. Jupiter looked at Kuai, her distrust evident in her eyes. “Alright then, what are you going to do then?”
 
A few senshi nodded in agreement. Kuai smirked. “Ah, straight to the point eh? Well, first order of business is to organize our priorities and plan ahead.”
 
“First, we need to make sure not to lose more elements which would create another hole in the elemental defense. Moon, Jupiter and Mercury, your light mage, air mage and a water mage, are mostly always together and your only earth mage, Uranus, is always with your other water mage, Neptune, which leaves only your fire mage, Mars, in critical need of protection. I will come back to this point later.”
 
“Once defense is set, the next point is offense, namely, finding the enemy HQ and gaining information on it. Now, the way I see it, protecting Mars and finding the enemy HQ have mostly identical solutions. Basically, for both, I can do one and the other will be seen at by one of my minions. So, which will it be?”
 
Uranus frowned. “What kind of minions?”
 
Kuai Bo shrugged. “I have a few Youma working for me, I reckon warrior would make an adequate bodyguard until help can arrive and spy should be able to find the enemy HQ in a few months. I am aware of the previous dealings you had with their kind but know that Youma with a proper master can be quite civil and very trustworthy persons.”
 
The senshi looked at each other and Jupiter spoke up. “Well, I don't know about everyone else but I know that I'd rather keep you in our sights and I don't think Rei would like to be followed everywhere by a Youma.”
 
Rei nodded energetically. Kuai nodded. “Alright then, guess I'll go get spy and give him his mission later then. Anyone has questions while we're all here?”
 
Ami raised a hand. “You mentioned earlier that your kind was a sub specie of demons, what did you mean?”
 
Kuai arched an eyebrow in puzzlement. “What I meant? Well, I meant what I said. There are various species of demons each with their own powers and feeding habits. The Bellumbra for example, are the heavy warriors of the shadow, we have very good innate fighting skills and can use all combat magic but our non combat related skills are atrocious at best.”
 
Sailor Moon looked puzzled. “Feeding habits?”
 
Kuai Bo scratched his head in embarrassment. “That's the main reason why we have our bad reputation. Every specie feeds in a different way usually related to their powers. Dread Lords gain energy from fear, Succubi and Inccubi gain energy from being loved while my kind gains energy from what we do best, killing.”
 
Moon's mouth oh'ed in understanding and maybe a bit of horror while Mars frowned in anger. “You kill people and then you call yourself trustworthy?”
 
Kuai Bo shrugged. “Well, I am the only Bellumbra over 40 who's allowed out of hell. The others couldn't last before they became mindless beasts.”
 
Mars didn't look convinced. “So what's so special about you?”
 
Kuai pondered for a few seconds. “I guess the main reason I still hold out is that my awakening was so horrible that I never wanted to become a beast again.” Kuai saw that he was going to get questioned again.
 
“To understand what I mean, I guess I'll have to explain what awakening is. Basically, when a child is born, he can either be raised by his parent or sent on earth to live as an human. The reasons to do that are basically that those raised by humans tend to be more humble, that and some people don't want to go through the fuss of raising a kid. I've seen many obnoxious angels sure that they are superior to humans because they never lived amongst them.”
 
“The parents can then send energy once in a while to keep their child's inner self dormant on which case they live and die as humans. If they don't, then, when the energy runs out, their inner self comes out and demands an immediate feeding which can be very destructive for some species but especially bad for mine. I mean, imagine that, one day, you wake up and find yourself with the unstoppable need to kill. You can imagine what happens then.”
 
“The awakening is also a first taste of what happens if someone loses control of their hunger but in the last case, it is permanent. Anyway, my awakening was quite traumatizing because I was born in a very sexist matriarchal civilization. Try living 16 years as a lowly male oppressed all his life due to his orphaned status and tell me what happens when you find yourself needing to kill.”
 
“To top it off, the village was a village of warriors so they all underestimated the weak male which means that they all attacked and provoked me which, in my state of mind, was an horrible mistake. Anyway, the only ones who survived were the few who fled, those who somehow survived their wounds and that girl whose angelic status was awakened by my rampage.”
 
“When that was over and that my mind came back, I was so horrified that I promised myself that that was the last time I ever lost control and I have held on since then.”
 
The Senshi all stayed silence after this, somewhat uneased and unsure of what to ask next, thus, Kuai Bo saluted everyone and left to do a few calls. Before he left, he turned around, looked at Mars, smiled wide and said: “By the way, since my job is now to protect you, I will be watching over you _all_ night. Sweet dreams.” It is probably unnecessary to tell you that she definitely didn't get much sleep that night.
 
***During that time, in a completely unrelated universe***
 
Four young girls stood proud and tall, looking at a distant fortress. After more than five months of hard work, they were finally ready for the final battle with the Demon King that would remove the source of all the monstrous invaders. Once their dark lord was gone, the various armies fighting with the monsters would finally manage to break the sieges they were trapped in and before long, earth would be free.
 
That's what those girls thought anyway, Servant, for example, knew better. The death toll in each country was enough that unless everyone migrated to live in one settlement, inbreeding would kill the rest in a few generations. Anyone with an inkling of what humans were like in chaos thus knew that that universe's earth was condemned.
 
But to come back to those four young girls, they stood in various emotional states. Yukiyo stood in what seemed to be indifference but the tiniest inkling of a ghost of a sadistic smile showed how pleased she was by the idea of revenge, to those who could see it anyway.
 
At the other end of the emotional spectrum stood Kimie with her enthusiastic and quasi childish encouragements to her team mates. Sakamae stood a bit like Yukiyo but with a much more visible and somewhat nicer smile as her mind hatched battle plans by the minute. Hatsuyo simply cracked her knuckles and smirked: "So, when're we going?"
 
----------------------------------------------------------------- -----
 

Version 1.2: Like the other 1.2 versions, I worked on formatting and modified a few things.