Crossover Fan Fiction ❯ The Shadow Senshi ❯ Chapter 1: First Blood ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Disclaimer: Ok, this chapter introduces the Bishoujo Sailor Senshi and they are the propriety of a person with much more money than I. Kuai Bo, The Shadow Senshi, Kuai Bo's troops, colleagues and other related creature from beyond are mostly my own although you might spot a few inspirations left and right.
 
I plan to cross this over with anything I think I can get away with. Everything not mine is propriety of whomever owns them at present. If you see any mistakes, I'd love to hear about them. You can get me at Gabriel.Pelletier@Sogetel.net
 
_Emphasis_: I don't remember putting any in this chapter but here it is anyway.
 
----------------------------------------------------------------- -----
 
The Shadow Senshi
 
Chapter 1
 
By The Hunterminator
 
The next morning, a shadow seemed to stretch from the ground, forming a large portal from which stepped a man.
 
He had short black hair and a small mustache that gave him a British butler look that was further accentuated by the conservative western clothes he wore. The man was tall but so skinny that he didn't seem imposing at all. Any further information had to be accessed through further means although these means would have revealed the man to be a Youma, albeit a very smart and human looking one.
 
The lack of anger and hunger was most likely caused by the fact that he was one of the few in service of a very powerful master and thus, energy didn't have to rationed, nor did it have to be “collected” to keep them alive. Kuai Bo never could understand the fools who made armies of Youma, the upkeep cost and lack of obedience in larger number just wasn't worth it.
 
This particular Youma didn't really have a name though, Kuai simply had no skill at naming things, and thus it was that this one was simply known as Servant, as it was his duty. There was also, amongst his “forces” trainer, warrior, spy and hacker. Their names simply described their purpose.
 
As Servant extended his senses in search of those he would teach and give counsel to, he took in the amount of destruction the world he was in had taken. He had to wonder why no one in heaven had done anything about it. It was one of the things the fools usually insisted on.
 
As he pondered, he made his way to Juuban, following the trail of recent destruction caused by his future charges. It seemed that they had decided to go for the local beach head. For some reason, this area of Japan was often the only entrance from other dimensions and thus it was that it was often the position where battle for earth occurred.
 
A piece of newspaper fluttering by quickly answered Servant's questions as a large title exclaimed that the Sailor Senshi were dead which couldn't happen unless someone high up put his foot down and declared that this place had to go, no doubt it was fate or destiny, they were quite influential, perhaps Kami-Sama himself.
 
It certainly wasn't anyone in Hell as not a single drop of the power from all this grief and destruction had been seen down in the pits. Oh well, few had dared question heaven since the great flood, who knew the old fool would get that angry over a few souls, heck, not enough to even create a single Youma, Servant's master was walking around with more power than that.
 
A turn later and he could see the future heroes of Hell fighting with a crowd of assorted monsters. Daimons, orcs, a few trolls and quite a few Youma's. This didn't really have any effect on Servant since he had no respect for the mindless brutes he was considered a part of. He merely watched and appreciated each of the girl's techniques.
 
Hatsuyo was a whirlwind, her blonde ponytail whipping around as she sent her armour's knuckles left and right. A quick kick left to break a weird stone like beast's knee followed by a nasty uppercut to a troll's jaw that made it topple over on a few orcs and killed them. Servant was going to wonder if she used her new magic powers when she quickly hit the ground and caused it to open under the stone beast and swallow it before closing again, crushing it mercilessly.
 
On the other hand, Kimie was much more conservative, using her Naginata to keep the enemy at bay while she seemed to have mastered purely vocal magic as she called for thunder once in a while and at her command, a bolt of black thunder would crash into her target, incinerating it.
 
Between the two martial artists stood Sakamae and Yukiyo, one was mainly using her bow, sending arrows of frost that would freeze a monster in dark ice before a wave of ebony like water would crush it. Yukiyo used her Pistol merely as a focus for her explosive fire spells, sending bullets that exploded in a shower of napalm like black flames that burnt the soul itself.
 
In the end, Servant was quite impressed; it seemed that they were perfect representatives of the Shadow. Aggressive, merciless and ruthlessly efficient, they also showed good enthusiasm by immediately going to the battlefield for practice. It was a mere matter of minutes before the Shadow Senshi stood victorious, and they were quite surprised when they heard applaud.
 
At first, they took an aggressive formation as their new mage sights detected the nature of the new arrival but servant quickly calmed them when he showed them proof that he had been sent by Kuai Bo and he took a bit of time to explain how Youma worked as a whole. He quickly brought them to a safer place and begun instructing them as per his master's wishes.
 
***3 Months Pass***
 
“The Shadow Senshi are coming along nicely Master. They all have mastered full vocal, non vocal and semi vocal casting and I have begun teaching them manna weaving. They have also begun splitting various tasks amongst themselves.
 
As you predicted, Yukiyo is the information gatherer and field analyst. In combat, she has shown very good combat casting aptitude although her physical combat skills are, to put it bluntly atrocious. But then again, she has the others to rely on. I have begun teaching her a demonic variant of Judo and various other defensive martial arts.
 
Sakamae seems to be the nominated leader and has shown good strategy and problem solving skills. Her magical power is very good and her physical combat skills are adequate. I am currently steering her towards a mostly neutral role and she will probably serve as multi purpose warrior.
 
At the other end of the spectrum, Hatsuyo's physical combat is very impressive and most of her magic is used to improve it. Her main role, currently, is to serve as front line warrior and, if she cannot harm her opponent, she will usually serve as distraction, she has thus developed very good dodging skills. Her long range and purely magical combat is very inefficient though so I have begun teaching her various projectile spells to remedy to it.
 
Finally, Kimie is usually the escort for Sakamae and Yukiyo, using her weapon to keep the enemy away from them and using the thunder part of air to strike at the enemy. Her power is somewhat lacking though and she doesn't use the other parts of her domain much, I'm probably going to use a negative manna stone to train her power and I'll show her the worth of what she has qualified as “gusts of wind.”
 
Kuai Bo nodded at Servant. “Very good job, I must say I am impressed. How long do you think it will be before they are strong enough to kill the master of their enemy?”
 
Servant shrugged, “Oh, I would say no more than three months Master, they learn at a very rapid rate.”
 
One of Kuai Bo's eyebrows rose, “Already? My, they do learn fast, although true demons, angels and gods are somewhat tougher than what they are facing right now, but the things you can teach them before they can resurrect themselves should take care of this very well. You may resume your assignment.”
 
Servant bowed, “Yes Master.” and left, leaving his master deep in thought.
 
***2 Months Later***
 
Pluto was not happy. A new enemy had emerged and although they had been easy in the beginning, they were getting better all too fast. Now, Saturn was badly wounded and no matter where Pluto looked, she could not find a future where they won, the enemy always ended up beating them somehow.
 
Now, she had no choice but to use a relic from the silver millennium that she had sworn she wouldn't use but she had no choice. She and the other senshi, without Saturn of course, were standing in an abandoned field far away from anyone that could intrude.
 
Of course, like whenever more than 2 senshi were together, order was quickly lost. Jupiter and Venus were talking about boys; Mars was fuming about her lost manga and was blaming “A certain moon princess that shall remain unnamed.” Mercury was studying while Pluto didn't even need to look to know what Uranus and Neptune were doing in that corner.
 
Her princess, Sailor Moon, turned to her.” So, um, Pluto, what's this supposed to do again?
 
Sailor Pluto sighed, “The stone will bring a trustworthy person according to the requirements written here. That person will then have to help us and when the terms of the demand are met, that person will be sent back home.”
 
The moon princess's eyes widened, “But, isn't that kidnapping?”
 
Pluto groaned, “No, anyone brought by this spell has already volunteered.”
 
Sailor Moon brightened, “Oh… alright then, so, what are the requirements?”
 
Pluto shrugged and gave Moon the parchment. Although the parchment was quite long with very flowery phrases, what it bluntly asked for was the right person for the situation and, to take care of standard Outer senshi paranoia, that person was to be unable to beat the senshi. Of course Pluto had to explain this as Moon could not read most of the kanji used.
 
A few minutes later, when order was finally restored, everyone was sent to their assigned position around the stone of summoning. As they activated the artefact, they felt energy build up tremendously.
 
***************
 
Somewhere in Heaven, two angels were chatting when a light began flashing. One angel turned to the other. ”What's that light mean again? It's been a while since I last saw it.”
 
“I think that's a summon hero spell.”
 
“Jeez, been a while since that one was used. Alright, what are the requirements?”
 
“Well, basically, that parchment says that they want the person most suited for the situation.”
 
“Jeez, talk about cryptic. So, what's the situation?”
 
“Er… a bunch of Senshi in trouble. They were holding their own somewhat well till they lost the only shadow caster they had. Since then, they had trouble since the enemy has focused on Light defense at the cost of shadow weakness but without anyone to exploit that weakness, they're pretty much stuck.”
 
“So, they need a Shadow hero. Bleh, we haven't got many of those here.”
 
“Yeah, the Shadow Senshi are still in training so they're out. Who else've we got?”
 
“Erm, Kuai Bo recently got promoted to Hero for good conduct.”
 
“Wha? A Demon Hero? Dang, and I thought Kuai had settled for getting the non conformist prize when he got a child with an angel. Are they still trying to make marriage between Heaven and Hell legal?”
 
“Yeah. Living proof that Heaven and Hell can get along, pfff, like that'll happen. The peace won't last, just you see. Anyway, we don't have a choice; he's the only one we can send.”
 
“Damn, oh well, here's the situational report and… done.”
 
***************
 
As the energy reached its peak, there was a bright flash that only let behind a bewildered Kuai Bo with a large paper folder in his hand. His only comment was: “What the hell?”
 
----------------------------------------------------------------- -----
 
Author Notes: Removed since they aren't really relevant anymore.
 
Version 1.2: Formatting changed, a bit of explications added.