Crossover With Non-anime Series Fan Fiction / Death Note Fan Fiction ❯ Of Gods and Men ❯ Chapter 12

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Well, I daresay things will end quite nicely…
Disclaimer: Death Note belongs to Ohba and Obata. Harry Potter belongs to J.K. Rowling and Scholastic Inc. This non-profit, non-copyright infringing fan fiction belongs to me since I wrote and researched it, and taking it is plagiarism. Thank you. *Phantomness bows*
Warnings: Yaoi implications
Chapter 12
 
Mikami eyed the brew with a shudder, but carefully swallowed the colored liquid. The changes were evident immediately. The began to shrink in stature, and moments later, was in the body of a gangly fifteen-year old boy with emerald-green eyes and a lightning bolt shaped scar on his forehead.
Light leaned over him, switching to Japanese for fear of being overheard. He still needed his ace. “Ano me wa…”
“Mondai ga arimasen, Kira-sama,” He reported.
The younger man let out a breath that he had been unaware of holding.
Snape looked at them curiously. “It works, then?”
“It works quite well, thank you.”
Now it was the Potion Master's turn to feel relieved. “How timely. I believe I can lure the Dark Lord to a meeting with Potter as bait. We shall simply find a way to abstract his wand.”
 
“Could he be persuaded to donate it towards the war effort?”
“That, I shall have to ask Dumbledore.” It was not a task he relished. The old coot still believed there were other Horcruxes out there.
Nonetheless, Snape was desperate to take the chance and end his charade once and for all.
Avada Kedavra was an instant kill. His Master preferred to gloat, however, and as thus, might possibly give Kira enough time to work his magic, whatever it was.
 
Harry, to his immense surprise in their lessons that night, successfully managed to throw off his Leglimency for almost two minutes. Was the boy finally putting effort into the skill?
Severus sneered, but was inwardly pleased. A little longer, and then, they could dispose of Voldemort once and for all.
Yes…
 
It was a pity one could not cast Avada Kedavra at a distance, Light thought, thinking of Near and the thorn in his side.
Nonetheless, if Near wanted to arrange a meeting… they would see. In fact, he could even use the Imperius curse on Aizawa, perhaps. That could be useful.
 
Somewhere in Japan, an albino boy sneezed.
“Is something wrong?” Gevanni turned to him. At the same time, Rester looked up from his paperwork.
“This silence of Kira's bothers me.” The rise in crime had not gone unnoticed either. The police force was swamped with work, and not just in Japan, but all over the world. Many were clamoring for the murderer's return.
In Near's opinion, Light's disappeared corresponded too neatly with Kira's silence. How much better an admission of guilt could he get?
 
But as if fate had foretold, that very afternoon, people began to die.
Mikami sat in front of a television stolen from the Muggle Studies classroom, tuned to a Japanese television station.
“Sakujo,” He muttered quietly, eager to be back to work. Kira had been mute for far too long. It was time to remind the world - how easily it forgot - of the important work yet to be done.
So, people were still as evil as ever. The statistics proved it.
His eyes glinted blood-red, and he wrote quickly, spreading the word. There was no time to waste.
 
Ryuk cackled as he watched Light carefully detail Voldemort's death. He had found a way to work around things, finally. Voldemort would not check to see if Harry Potter had the correct wand or attempt to probe his mind, he would destroy any of his remaining Horcruxes himself after the meeting date, and finally, he would begin gloating for half an hour after showing his face. That should give Mikami plenty of time to kill him by writing his name in the blank, and also, for Snape to remove them from the premises. Just in case He-Who-Not-Must-Be-Named managed yet again to come back from the dead, he would still commit suicide. It was fortunate he had remembered this aspect of the Death Note.
Peace had made him lax. That was unforgivable!
When he had finished, Light went to find his disciple.
They carefully read through the death one more time, to see if all the loopholes had been covered.
On the television screen, the newscasters had begun talking about Kira's return.
Mikami allowed himself a small, satisfied smile.
 
He was still writing when he felt a familiar look from his Kami. Ryuk wolf-whistled, and then glided through the wall. He knew what was going on.
The kiss was harsh, and the lovemaking that followed it more so. Nonetheless, both men thoroughly enjoyed themselves. After all, their relationship as Master and Servant was perfectly clear.
His pet had absolutely no problem submitting to a younger man, though now they shared the power of the Death Note.
When they had concluded, Light lay underneath smooth sheets and listened to Mikami write. Yes, it was time for the world to know of Kira's return, was it not?
Just let that L-wannabe try to pin this on him!
It was a pity that nervous shock was not a very effective mode of death…
 
Near could have thrown a temper tantrum, were he prone to that kind of thing. How could this happen?
Of course, it was too much to hope that Kira was gone for good, but…
Damn Light Yagami!
 
By now, Mello was feeling on the verge of giving up. He had no more leads at the moment. Kidnapping Kiyomi Takada would serve no purpose that he could see. Even with the information Halle had leaked him, there was nothing new.
Matt lit a cigarette. “Want one?”
“Fuck no,” He snapped irritably, taking a vicious bite out of his chocolate bar.
 
 
End Chapter
Started 8/4/08
Completed 8/11/08
Shinigami eyes are forever, after all, so I think they would work with Polyjuice! Also, I wanted to end this fic quickly…
I do not think Snape would let either of the Kiras view his memories. This is Snape, after all, though I do think seeing a memory of a person would show their face and you could see their name that way…