Crossover With Non-anime Series Fan Fiction / InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Instinct ❯ Prologue ( Prologue )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

 
Ahh, I can't believe I'm starting yet another story!! `wahh'
 
Though you all are probably more happy than anything else…
 
I couldn't help it though, Bishonen'sFoxyMikogave me such anenticing idea it was impossible for me to resist!!
 
So do me a big favor and thank her, because I would never be writing this fic if it wasn't for her!! ^^
 
Wow, and this is my fourth NCIS/Inuyasha crossover I've started too…
 
I'm goin crazy with these crossovers, huh?! Oh well hahahh XD
 
Well… Read, Review, and as always ENJOY XD
 
-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;- ;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-
 
Summary- For a long time, Kagome's been used to relying on what her gut tells her and the people at NCIS have her on edge as she gets some weird mixed signals- both good and bad 'She looked up at him with determined eyes “I've learned totrust my instincts Gibbs and so far they've never been wrong before' Kag/?
 
Genre- Adventure, Humor, Romance, Friendship, Crime/Mystery…
 
Pairings-
Major- Kag/?;Undecided at the moment. You all decide- should Kagome be with Tony or McGee? I guess I'll keep a vote thing or something, so vote in a review I guess…
Minor- Gibbs/Jenny; eventually of course.
 
Setting-Season three. Before Tony gets framed.
 
Ages-I'm not even going to bother- way too confusing for me. I'm gonna take a shot and say Gibbs is in his mid forties, Jenny late-thirties, DiNozzo early-thirties, and Abby, Ziva, McGee, and Kagome all in their late twenties. Palmer's in his mid-twenties, and Ducky… eh probably late-forties.
 
-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;- ;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-
 
--Instinct--
 
-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;- ;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-
 
--Prologue--
 
-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;- ;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-
 
Who knew a trip only to achieve knowledge, would turn out so that she gained so much more?
 
Adventure, new friends, another dysfunctional family…
 
And love too?
 
A silent tear drifted down her cheek as she took in the calm, unconscious faces of the dysfunctional family she known to adore… and the pain clenched-shut eyes of the man she came to love…
 
And who knew that she just might lose it all, too…?
 
-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;- ;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-
 
--NCIS HQ; Abby's Lab—
 
--0900h--
 
Abby blinked once.
 
Then twice.
 
And yes, one more time.
 
Soon enough, her jaw dropped slightly in a gape and her eyebrow began to tick sporadically. The wonderful mix of despair and ire rose up in her body.
 
“You've got to be kidding!!” the words were blurted out before she knew it- not that she cared mind you.
 
The man standing across from her, with his arms crossed and expressing an overall gruff demeanor, studied her intently; his ice blue eyes covertly flickered in amusement as well as exasperation.
 
Nevertheless, he said nothing.
 
It didn't put Abby off one bit. “What's going on here Gibbs?! For years-and I mean, years, like before Tony even came along, I've worked alone. And when she-“ her voice was drenched with open accusation and frustration, not even bothering to cover how she felt about a certain redheaded director at that particular moment.
 
-comes along, she chucks Chip at me!” Abby vented out, throwing her hands up in the air. “And now, I get another assistant?!?” She exclaimed wildly, before shaking her head rapidly, as if this was just some sick joke…
 
Gibbs swallowed a chuckle and interrupted her rambles quickly enough. “Actually Abs, you get an intern…
 
Hearing the amusement in his voice, Abby's response was automatic. “This is so notfunny Gibbs!” her tone was admonishing.
 
Then Abby's head froze suddenly, before shooting up to look at him with wide green eyes as his words finally registered. “An intern?!” she repeated dumbly. “That's… that's even worse!” she choked out, appalled. Her eyes slowly dropped to the ground in disbelief.
 
Instantly though, Abby began to pace around the lab, muttering quickly under her breath like a madwoman. “No, no, no! This just can't be happen! One assistant is bad enough, but an intern too?! They're both like little kids, not that I don't like kids cause I do,” she rambled off before getting back to the subject.
 
“But with interns, not only do you have to tell them what to do, but you have to show them too!!” Her voice seemed to rise with every word.
 
Gibbs shook his head in silent amusement. “Look Abs, the director said this intern person knows this science… stuff…” he trailed off slightly, the beginnings of a confused look crossing his face.
 
The man rubbed the back of his neck. “They're just here for a while to pick up on some new tricks.” He gave her a shrug.
 
Abby ignored him as she tugged on her pigtails in frustration. ”How is this happening?!” she stopped short suddenly, her eyes narrowing on him. “How can you let this happen?!” she shot at him, the expression on her face treading on desperate.
 
No time was wasted as a small whine escaped her throat. “Gi-ibbs! Fix this now!” she ordered, pointing a finger at him.
 
All she needed to do was stomp her feet and she would be the epitome of a small girl throwing a tantrum.
 
But alas, she was a grown adult and stomping her feet was immature of a woman of her age and stature. She had better control of herself…
 
Though that didn't stop her from directing the saddest puppy eyed, pleading look ever to be seen in Gibbs' direction.
 
It was enough to crack a small smile out of him.
 
Abby sent him a sulky pout; there was no way he'd break.
 
Suddenly, her eyes went wide with alarm. “Oh crap…” she muttered under her breath. “Wh-what if I get another Chip?!” Her head turned slowly to stare at the male in horror.
 
Gibbs couldn't help it anymore; a deep chuckle escaped from his throat.
 
-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;- ;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-
 
--Airport—
 
--0900h--
 
Pushing down her sunglasses, Kagome stepped out of the airport with her duffle bag and suitcase to the pick up loop. Her blue eyes scanned over the cars roaming past her, the mass of rushing people coming in and out of said airport building, and the rest of her surroundings.
 
Turning her thoughts over, she waved down a cab and smiled suddenly.
 
For some reason, she had the feeling she just might like it here in Washington D.C…
 
-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;- ;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-
 
--NCIS; Abby's Lab--
 
His cold cocoa eyes followed sharply after the man in his early thirties, a scowl settling in his face. He watched through narrowed eyes as the brunette, blue-eyed man chatted animatedly with his boss.
 
The scowl promptly turned into a glare.
 
He would get his revenge…
 
He didn't know when-nor did he care…
 
Those same calculating brown eyes turned wide and innocent as his gothic affluent boss turned over to him with bright, sparkling green eyes. “Hey Chip! C'mon over here, Tony brought us some presents!” she chirped with her usual ebullience, though there was a slight droll in her tone like every other time she spoke to him.
 
She gave him a wink as she held a pair of blood splattered shoes, some dirty rags, and a couple bottles containing bullets.
 
He held in an annoyed sigh. “Coming Miss Scui- I mean, Abby…” he amended swiftly when the woman narrowed her eyes warningly.

But slowly and surely, he wouldget it...
 
…even if it was the last thing he'd ever do.
 
-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;- ;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-
 
950 Words
 
--
 
Well… yea, so how was it? ^^
 
If you haven't watched NCIS through the 3rdseason, some of you may not know what's going on. If you want, I can explain the canon version of it to you if you don't mind spoilers. Just tell me so.
 
Well, hope you guys liked it and are interested XD
 
Remember, credit for the idea goes to the awesome Bishonen'sFoxyMiko ^_^I only write about it ;)
 
So thank her for the inspiration and idea she so kindly offered :)
 
Review and tell me what you think, please!!
 
Till laters,
-RainLily