Crossover With Non-anime Series Fan Fiction / InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Instinct ❯ Hitting It Off ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Heyyyy everyone!! Hope everyone's holidays were amazing!! ^^

Also, sorry in advance for any crappy formatting. Apparently this site is having its share of issues, and it won't take to the regular '.doc' format when submitted. Ergo, I gotta do it through '.rtf' which just screws it all up. >.<

It ain't gonna be pretty to read, but hey, at least it's something right? Lol

Anyways, hope you guys like the chappy!

Read, Review, and Enjoy!! XDD

;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-; -;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-

AN: Kay, seeing as how my internet has been acting up the last few days, somehow calling the cops when I tried signing on (don't know how, I tried signing on, it acted hinky, and ten minutes later had the cops pounding on my door...-_-), I haven't got a chance to send this chapter to my beta. So please take kind to any mistake you see. Sorry! Lol, point em out if you will, so I can fix em. Thank you!! ^^

;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-; -;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-

Disclaimer- As much as I wish I did, I DO NOT own Inuyasha or NCIS, just the plot of this story and any OC’s that happen to pop up! XD

-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;- ;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-

--Instinct--

< /div>;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-; -;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-

Previously;
< br> The woman gave a relieved smile and stepped in. "No, not anymore. Uh, I'm Kagome Higurashi - your...new intern?" she said cautiously, waiting for her reaction.

Chip stopped in his tracks, eyes zeroing in on the 'intruder'.

Dark, beady eyes trailed up and down, taking in the lab coat first, then the id draped around her neck proving that she worked at NCIS.  

The beginnings of a sneer made its way on Chip’s face.

Now who the hell was this bitch…?

-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;- ;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-

--Hitting It Off--

Abby's eyes widened slightly, before they narrowed. "Intern huh?" she muttered under her breath.

Kagome's widened in response, a flare of anxiety rising. "Is something wrong...?" she asked slowly, wondering what caused the drastic change in mood.

Abby looked sheepishly, scratching at the back of her neck nervously - it wasn't fair to take out her ire at another person when they didn't deserve it. She gave her head a firm shake. "No! Of course not!" her voice faltered slightly at the end though, and Kagome cocked a skeptic eyebrow.

Abby let out a big sigh. "Well, it's just that I'm used to working alone, and I just got an assistant not too long ago and now..." she trailed off, eyes widening further at the way it sounded. "Not that I'm mad at you or anything! It's just..." her eyes went downcast, somewhat ashamed.

Kagome grinned, letting out a small laugh. "Really weird? An intrusion?" she supplied gently, before biting her lip in amusement.

Abby's eyes snapped to Kagome, blinking in shock that the woman didn't feel insulted. Soon enough though, a copy of Kagome's grin crossed her face. "Yea, something like that..." she murmured, relieved and a bit embarrassed. "Not mad?"

Kagome snickered, leaning against the door with her arms crossed. She gave a small shake of her head. "'Course not. I totally understand. The first time my boss shoved an assistant at me to baby-sit, I flipped. He didn't even tell me, just let the poor boy in my lab. When I found him in my office, sitting at my desk, on my computer, the shit hit the fan. Now the kid flinches every time I raise my voice." she winced at that.   

Abby gaped at Kagome, her eyes filling with mirth. "No way!" she blurted out, laughing.

Kagome nodded solemnly. "Uh huh." Then her face became devious. "And you wanna know what I did to my boss?"

Abby nodded eagerly.

Kagome smirked. "After I threw the biggest bitch-fit and he refused to take back the assistant, I slipped a little special present of mine into his lunch. Let's just say he never left the restroom unless he really had to." She started snickering wildly.

Abby's eyes widened in gleeful horror. "How much trouble did you get in?" she wondered, torn between amazement and giddiness.

"None." Kagome said simply, smirk growing. "He's a really close friend of mine and we were in the middle of a prank war, the assistant was part of it so I just fought fire with fire. You can't trump science."

Snorts of laughter bubbled through her throat, and Abby bent over, giggling loudly. "That. Is so. Awesome!!"

Kagome nodded eagerly, before Chip caught her eye. Strolling forward, she held out her hand. "Hi there, like you heard, I'm Kagome, the new intern. Nice to meet you." she chirped politely.

Chip raised a dark eyebrow, eyeing the hand with nicely veiled distaste, so that Kagome was the only one who saw. Kagome blinked when he finally shook hands with her, nodding curtly. "Likewise."

Turning to Abby and completely disregarding their new visitor, he continued. "We should get back to work Ms. Sci- Abby." he amended sharply, rolling his eyes in exasperation.

Kagome eyebrows shot up at his attitude.

Abby groaned, throwing a half-hearted glare at him. "Don't be so rude. Kagome, meet Chip, my assistant."

Kagome nodded slowly, peering at the man warily.

Seeing this, Abby continued, "Don't mind him, he can be a real stick in the mud most of the times. All it is, is work, work, work, and no play at all."

Chip glared at Kagome when she snickered. "Ah, I see." Movement behind Abby caught Kagome's eyes, and she cocked her head, eyebrow raising. She jerked her head, gesturing to the door. "And the two grinning grown men playing hide and seek behind you would be...?" she trailed off, fighting down a grin of her own.

Chip snorted. "The two idiots." he muttered under her breath.

Abby gasped, narrowing her eyes. "If you don't have anything nice to say, then don't say it." she told her warningly. Chip just huffed.

Abby waved at the two men cheekily, who shared embarrassed looks at being caught. "C'mon guys, she saw you," she called out. "For agents, you really suck at being sneaky," she commented wryly as the two filed in, looking sheepish.

Tony snorted. "Being sneaky is Gibbs' and Ziva's job."

McGee nodded. "They're sneaky enough for the both of us..."

Abby rolled her eyes and turned to Kagome and she smiled widely. "Those are two of my four favorite agents: Timothy McGee and Anthony DiNozzo," she said, gesturing to each man respectively. "They came in here to see if I'd flip on you," she said in a scandalous whisper, winking at the other women.

Kagome rolled her eyes, laughing. Looking over at the two, she smiled in greeting. "Ah, it's like I never even left home," she murmured, mostly to herself. But at their confused looks, she clarified. "I work with two men just like you guys," she explained and they nodded their heads, their sheepish expressions back with a vengeance. "Nice to meet you both," she said, extending a hand.

McGee, who was the closest, went forward to shake, "Likewise," he said warmly, smiling.

Tony went next. "Nice to meet you too...?" he trailed off suggestively.

Kagome flashed him a flustered smile. "Oh, It's Kagome, Kagome Higurashi."

Tony grinned, and quite handsomely at that, turning up the charm. "Ka-go-me Hig-u-ra-shi," he drawled out, before now smirking. "I like it,"

Kagome raised an eyebrow at him, before peering over at Abby who had a hand over her mouth, shoulders shaking as her eyes crinkled. "He's a charmer, isn't he?" she remarked dryly.

McGee started snickering.

Abby nodded, giggling. "That's Tony for you."

Tony pouted, "Hey..."

Kagome laughed, patting the hand still clasped around her own. "It's okay. I still think your handsome, I'm just happen to be immune to many a men's charm," and she winked at him.

It had him chuckling. "Oh, I like you," he commented, before turning over to Abby. "Hey Abs, let's keep her and send Chip back instead."

'Chip' glared, "You're hilarious," he snipped back, "I'm going back to do some real work, unlike some people," he told them, heading back to the other section of Abby's lab.

As soon as he left and was out of hearing range, she looked at them. "Maybe it's me, but is he always a that..."

McGee snorted. "Hostile?" he suggested.

Kagome laughed nervously. "I was gonna say a jerk-ish, but, yeah..." she trailed off, shaking her head.

The three of them shared a look, before giving her a simultaneous nod. "Yes," the exclaimed together.

Hands poised on her hips, Abby cocked her head. "Chip...he's a...difficult person," she said slowly, trying to find the right words.

"Basically, he's not exactly employee of the month material..." Tony remarked dryly.

"Right..." she drawled out, both eyebrows raised. Then she blinked. "Wait, is his name really Chip?" she asked, slightly incredulous.

The three of them shared a look, and then laughed. "That's what we call him," Abby said cheekily. "Better than Charles," and she shook her head.

Kagome snickered. "Yeah, I'm so gonna love working here..."

Then she remembered something. Her eyes narrowed at Tony.

Seeing her death glare, he froze. "...What?" he asked quickly, his tone nervous.

Kagome propped a hand on her hip, "I remember you!"

The other three's eyes widened.

Tony himself also winced. That didn't sound too good. "I haven't...met you before, have I...?" he asked sheepishly.

He was pretty sure he didn't know her that way...

Kagome's eyebrows shot up. Her look turned appalled. "You-!" she squeaked out indigently, but she shook her head, incredulous. "You know what, I'm not even gonna go there..." she muttered. "I meant earlier this morning,"

Tony only sent her a blank look but McGee's wide-eyed look and the slow grin spreading across his face showed that he knew what she was talking about. He bit his lip to stop the snickering.

Kagome let out an exasperated snort. "'Who's the girl, Boss?'" she mimicked in a deeper, sly sounding voice. "'Is she a probie?!'" now she used a more excited, but still deeper voice.  "Ring any bells?" she said dryly in her normal voice.

McGee couldn't hold it in any longer. He shoulders shook as he snickered under his breath. Abby let a little giggle slip from her mouth., connecting the dots.

Tony froze for a minute. He swallowed thickly. "What? It's not like I said anything wrong..." he said weakly.

Kagome scoffed. "Oh yeah, of course not," she drawled out sarcastically. "No, more like your tone. First you sounded like a man who's been sex depraved for five years and then you sounded like a giddy little kid on Christmas who just got a brand new toy." Her tone was nothing but flat.

Oh, that just did it for Abby and McGee. They forwent covertness and laughed outright. Abby was practically hanging off McGee, trying to keep herself upright while she giggled like a madwoman.

Tony grinned a weak, sheepish grin. "...Sorry?"

Kagome just smiled sweetly. "Oh it's fine, really. All in the past," she told him, waving her hand dismissively in the air and Tony relaxed. "Just, one thing," she added nonchalantly after a moment.

Tony blinked, "What...?" he asked warily.

The woman's smile only seemed to become sweeter. "Oh, nothing really. Just, do that again and you'll lose the thing that makes you a man," she said simply, raising a hand up to admire her nails. Then her gaze rose up to lock with his, and her sapphire eyes began  danced wickedly.     

Tony paled and winced, and Abby and McGee snorted in laughter. "Right...got it..."

-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;- ;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-

Words- 1,635

Awhh, I love making fun of Chip. It's becoming one of my favorite pastimes heheh. ;)

Anyways, how'd you like this chappy? Mostly filler to get the fic moving on of course, but that's common in the beginning.

A humongous thanks to Cassie M. M. for giving me an idea!! That last part with Kagome flipping on Tony, and the comment
"Just, do that again and you'll lose the thing that makes you a man" was inspired by your awesomely awesome review!! Thank you again so veryyyy much!! XDD

This is my Christmas present to all of you faithful readers! I'm doing a mass update. I'm updating this, obviously, and all of my three other NCIS x-overs, 'Reality and Truth', 'Twisted Workouts', and 'Questionable Ties'. As well as posting up lots of prologues for my story ideas!! Lol. Check em out guys!!

Hope you all enjoyed this, have a Merry Christmas to you all who celebrate it, and a Happy Hanukah, Happy Kwanzaa, and Happy Holidays for all those others! ^^

Till next time!

RainLilyXD

Converting /tmp/phpZgiMHi to /dev/stdout