Crossover With Non-anime Series Fan Fiction / Ranma 1/2 Fan Fiction ❯ Ranma X ❯ Chapter Two ( Chapter 2 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Disclaimer: This is inspired by the work of Takahashi

Rumiko. All characters (that I have not created or

borrowed from other sources) belong to her. This is

a fanfiction, and is not intended to violate the

rights of those who hold control over the Ranma

series. The same can be said of the X-men:Evolution

series and those who create it.

I have no money for legal problems and

would very much appreciate it if no one tries to

sue me. Thank you very much. Some of this fist part of the fic have been written by the Author at the Anime Addventure. They are...Demonhawk01,Philip Weigel, Dr. What and others. Thanks.

C&C welcomed at corpse_king_2000@yahoo.com

Ranma X

Chapter Two

Ranma was use to pain. He had experienced it as the son of Genma Saotome. It had been part of his daily routine of training. He awoke to the pain that was covering his body. He shruged it off like he always did.

Slowly he opened his eyes to see...

A blue furry face staring back at him. A blue furry face wearing glasses no less. "Ummm... hello."

The furry face blinked for a moment before smiling. "Well, that's an awful nice greeting. I'm used to people screaming when they first see me."

Ranma sat up and shrugged. "Seen weirder, Mr…?"

"Hank McCoy, at your service. If you will grant me a moment, I will let everyone know you're awake."

Meanwhile...

Xavier sat in his office. Logan was sitting in a chair. Storm stood watching over the two men.The children were at school at the moment, not knowing about the newest houseguests...yet.

The Professor was right about Ranma's latent power, a dark force of some kind. One that was either triggered or discovered during Magneto's ambush. Xaiver wished that it hadn't been discovered in such a way. For Magneto was surely after the boy now more than ever.

The ambush had also lead to Ranma beening in the medi-lab for hours after arrival. Still he was in very good condition.

A phone rang at the table he was seated beside, and picked it up.

"Yes. Oh he's awake?" This caught the attention of the reminder of the room. "How did he take your appearance? Oh really? He didn't mind at all?" This was good news. If was okay with Beast, then he should be okay with Nightcrawler and other less human looking mutants.

Once he hung up the phone he turned to everyone. "Ranma will be up in a moment. We must try to get him use to life as a mutant. We will also have to walk a balance between a need to educate him as quickly as possible and a need to teach him at his own pace."

Outside the office...

Ranma walked along side Mr. McCoy, as he walked almost gorilla like towards the living room. He looked down a couple of times to ensure that, yes, he was still male. Well... for the time being.

Soon they entered the main room and he took a glance around. Logan, the man who picked him up was seated in a chair. A bald man in a suit sat off to one side and kind smile upon his lips. An African woman with white hair stood off to the side, watching things with a gentle grace.

"Greetings Ranma." Began the bald man. "I am professor Xavier. You have already met Logan." He gestured to the gruff man he fought with against Magneto. "This is Ororo, also known as Storm." He gestured to the white haired woman.

Ranma bowed slightly forward. "Umm... it's nice to meet you all."

Just as Ranma entered the room, he bumped the Professor's desk. That knocked over the pitcher of water on to Ranma. Which triggered the curse. Everyone looked at amazement as the boy they were to meet turned into a girl.

"Oh,boy. Here I go again." Ranma muttered under his breath. "I'm Ranma Saotome. Sorry about this."

" Interesting.Ranma, do you wish to explain this or is it a private matter?" Xavier asked, curious about what had happened to the boy..or girl in this case.

It's a curse." Ranma then started about his story of Jusenkyo. How he and his father had been cursed by the waters of the 'Accursed Pools of Sorrows'.He even told them about how his father had been stupid enough to go to the pools without knowing Chinese.

All over the X-men gather had different opinions about what had happened. Both Xavier and Beast were curious about Ranma. Xavier for what Ranma knew and about his strange power. Beast about the curse that Ranma was under. Everyone was thought that Genma was a little out of his mind.

"Ranma, you have been sent to a very special school. I suppose that you know about mutants." Xavier said to Ranma.

"Yes." Ranma said carefully.

"This school is a place where students with such gifts could learn how to use them responsibly. You had been sent here originally to protect you from Magneto." Xavier continued, "But it has come to our knowledge that you yourself have a mutant power. A power that you used in your last battle with Magneto."

Ranma thought back to that last battle with Magneto. He had reach into some reservese that he hadn't know he had. Then he had tapped into a power of darkness.

A force that he didn't know he had. A force he didn't know much about. "So you're going to teach me how to use my mutant power?"

"If you accept our invitation to our school. As I have said we will try to help you control your powers and help you interact with your fellow mutants." Xavier said. "We will also help you with your problems with Magneto."

Ranma thought over his options. He had a power that was just developing. He had developed a powerful enemy with great powers. And these were the only ones that could help him with these problems. "I accept."

Back in Nerima...

Ranma hadn't been seen for a couple days and that was making things more tense in the Tendo home. Things changed with the arrival of the letter.

The Tendos sat around the table along with Mr. Saotome. The family had been attracted by Nabiki's news that there had been a note by Nodoka.

"What does it say?" asked Kasumi as she was curious, just like the rest of the group who had gathered.

"Well, it says..." Nabiki started as she read from the note.

""Dear Family and Friends,

I have written this note as you my have already noticed Ranma's disappearance. This is because he has run into a powerful enemy, one of great power. Powers that are beyond Ranma's abilities currently. That was why I have sent him to a place where he could learn how to battle this foe and to gain protection until he can.

It is also a way to protect you from this powerful foe. With luck, he wouldn't be interested in you if Ranma is across the sea. For this enemy is ruthless and willing to use other to gain power over those who he wishes. That is why I have decided to cancel all of the engagements until Ranma is ready to protect his loved ones from danger.

I, myself, am getting ready to join Ranma in America to help him with his training and for protection. I just have to get some family business cleared up first.

I hope that we can see you soon.

Love, Nodoka""

"Why couldn't she let Ranma take Akane? She is his fiancee." Soun asked,as he was shocked at the news.

"She says it might be too dangerous. And if there is someone who can beat Ranma and is as ruthless as she says it might be the best idea that Akane not be around Ranma just now." Nabiki said. "Akane might still be in danger from this guy."

"Wah! My daughter is in danger !!!" Soun whined as he thought about his daughter in danger.

Around the table the others thought about what this means.

Soun was worried about his daughter and his dream of linking the two schools throught the children and the hopes for the same said school.

Nabiki was curious about this new foe of Ranma. Who could have this much power that Ranma had to head to America to find training? And why America? Plus there was the threat of this foe against her family. Could she find a way to protect her family from this foe?

Kasumi was worried about Ranma's safety. It sounded that Ranma was getting into deeper and deeper in trouble and she wished that she could help.

Genma was worried as well. He knew that Nodoka had many secrets. One of which was that Ranma wasn't his son. He knew because Nodoka was pregnent before they had meet and married. He later learned that he had fertility problems. A problem that would make it hard for him to have a child. His hopes had been linked with Ranma. But now something was shadowing those hopes and he wished that he could do something.

Akane wished there was something that she could do. She was worried about Ranma. She had grown close to Ranma from the troubles that they had shared. She had feelings for Ranma, but they were more like those of a sister for a brother. She hoped that Ranma was safe from danger.

Meanwhile....

Magneto was looking up from the date that he had gather from his sources. He was glad that the Tendo girl had kept a file about Ranma and his adventures. Especially those that listed his foes and his techniques. Some of those training techniques might be adaptable for his troops training. But more likely he could use those that had battled this Ranma for his purposes. Perhaps he could even see if he could access mutant genes that they might be holding. He might even use them for training those that followed him.

But he had to select through several choices. It appeared that Ranma had made several enemies from his many battles,but most seemed to be on his side when danger comes. He also seemed to make as many friends from his rivals as enemies. So looking to find those that he might use against Ranma was lacking.

But there were a few...who to choose first.

Back at the Institute....

Ranma was in what was too be his room. It was Spartan at the moment. But that was because he had yet to settle in the room yet. Logan had shown him the room before he had to get to something else.

Ranma thought back to the meeting. After he had except the offer to go to the school, the teachers had gone on to give more information about themselves. Including more info on their powers from Storm's weather control abilities to Logan's feral powers. Then there was the Professor. A telepath. Something that Ranma hadn't expected. He had been a little worried about the Professor wandering around in his mind. But the Professor said that he didn't do that unless it was necessary, when asked.

The Professor then offer to help him out by psionically teaching him english, so that he could communicate better with the other students and the others in the town of Bayville. They just couldn't send him to Bayville High school due to his curse and a mutant phobic principal who wouldn't understand curses. Or his martial arts talents. To the principal and school board council they would look just like mutant powers and those were banned at Bayville High. So Ranma would spend most of his time at the institute and be taught by the teachers here. So he might as well make it home.

He was just finishing his unpacking, when he heard a knock on the door. He went to open it. On the other side was a girl his age.

She was an attractive asian girl, just under Ranma's male height. She was wearing a blue blouse and skirt. Here hair was a vibrant shade of purple and her brown eyes looked out at him. "Hello, I'm Elisabeth Braddock, but you could call me Betsy. I'm another new student at the institute and your neighbour." She pointed to the room across the hall. "I thought we might introduce ourselves."

"Hi, I'm Ranma Saotome." Ranma said as he tried to get to know this new person in his new life.

""So what's your story? What are your powers? My powers are telekinetic and telepathically inclined." She said, walking into Ranma's room.

"Some kind of dark energy force control and generation." Ranma said, saying what the professor had explained to him about his power. " And my story..." Ranma started with his edited life story.

---------------------------------------------------------------- ----------------------------------------------------------------------

Betsy Braddock listen to Ranma's story with disbelief. It was hard to believe with all of the advance martial arts, spirits and demons, & odd events and characters. The multiple fiancees and rivals were also hard to swallow.

But then Betsy thought about her own life....

She had been sent to the Hans Academy. There was were all of the trouble had started.

The minute she had been left alone by her parents, they had started to change her. They had trained her in the art of Ninjitsu and other training to make her an assassian, spy and enforcer for some one named the Mandarin. They had even alter her appearance, making her asian from her half-japanese mother hertiage. It was all part of the groups plan to win more influence, power and money.

Worse, was the secrets that this group held. Who knew what the Hand was planning at this moment. If it wasn't for Xavier, his friends and her twin brother Brian...

So she decided to give Ranma the benefit of the doubt. "Ranma, I must admit that it's hard to believe all of those things happening to you. But I don't think you would lie to us. I think we're here." Betsy said to the young mutant.

She then started to give an edited version of her own history. She even when as far as to tell Ranma that she hadn't been born asian.

"That's okay. I've seen weird things in my life." Ranma said, trying to cheer her up.She had gotten a little upset about this topic in her life. He seemed able to believe her story more than she could believe his. This was a shock to her and yet a pleasent surprise.

"So how do you think you're going to fit into Bayville? You won't be in the school much, so you'll have little social interaction there. And I doubt that there will be any of these strange adventures that you get your self into." Betsy said, trying to learn more about Ranma.

"I guess I'll have to make friends here at the institute and were ever I can. But I still have to worry about weird things happening. They always seem to be able to find me." Ranma said a little discouraged.

"Well, I bet the others here will be willing to help you." Betsy said, trying to cheer Ranma up this time.

It was then that they heard noises downstairs. "I guess that their back home. It's time to meet them." Betsy said as they left to meet the others.

---------------------------------------------------------------- -----------------------------

Ranma and Betsy were walking down the great staircase when they saw the others.There were five of them, three girls and two guys. Ranma looked and noticed that the taller guy and the red headed girl seemed to be the ones that took the lead in the group. The other group then noticed them. They were about to repond, the professor came out.

"I see that your meeting our new students. May I introduce Ranma Saotome and Elizabeth Braddock. They will be our new students and newest members of the X-men." Xavier said as he looked at the X-men that had gathered. "And let me introduce your fellow students to you.

"Ranma, Betsy. This is Scott Summers also known as Cyclops."Xavior said pointing to the Taller of the two men.

"Hello." Scott said briefly. Ranma looked at the man and noticed that behind the red sunglasses, the young man was scanning Betsy and him. 'He must be the leader.' Ranma thought.

"This is Jean Grey." The Professor pointed to the Redheaded Woman.

"Hello, Nice to meet you." Jean said, politely. She was standing close to Scott. Ranma could tell that they were close. Ranma was torn between feeling glad that one girl wasn't going to fall for his charms and the fact she wasn't under the old Saotome spell.

"This is Kurt Wagner, who's code name is Nightcrawler." The professor pointed to the younger boy.

"Hello. How are you?" Kurt asked, a little nervious around the new students. 'He's hiding some thing.' Ranma thought as he watched Kurt's action. It was like him when he was trying to hide his curse or the Nekoken or any of the other things he was trying to keep secret.

"This is Rogue." The professor said as he pointed to the girl with the brown hair and white hair streak.

"Hello." Rogue said, without much of a look. It looked like she was torn between being here out of curious it and not beening here.

"And finally Kitty Pryde.Also known as Shadowcat." The Professor say pointing to the smallest girl there with the brown hair. The words in Kitty's name and codename weren't that pleasent to Ranma, with his fear of cats. But they were only words. Unless her powers were to turn into a cat, he should be fine.

"Hello. Nice to meet you. How are you? What are your plans here?" Kitty asked, looking at Ranma. From the looks in her eyes it was obvious that she was falling for the Saotome charms. It made Ranma a little more nervious.

"Ranma, Betsy. I have to discuss somethings with Scott and Jean. I leave you too here to get to know your fellow students better. Scott, Jean, could you follow me into the study." Xavier said as he moved to return to the study. The redhead and the tall boy moved to follow the Professor.

Ranma first looked to the leaving members of the X-men. Then to Betsy. Then to the three remaining X-men. Then back to Betsy. He was not quite sure what to do. So he decided to tell them his story. And for the third time today he told his story, the edited version.

---------------------------------------------------------------- -------------------------------

The three mutants arrived into the study. "So Professor, what do you have to tell us? It's about the new students. The reason you assigned them to the X-men instead of the New Mutants."

Scott said as he sat down. Jean sat down next to him..

"Your correct, Scott. You see these two young people have gained powerful skills that should help you out when you're on missions." Xavier said as he started his tale of how Betsy was tricked into going to a school that trained her to be a ninja assassin. "So you see her skills might come in handy.

"What about Ranma?" Jean asked curious about the other new student. "What are his special skills?"

"Well it appears that Ranma is a skilled master of multiple martial arts. He has spent his life working on mastering these arts. He has developed them to the point that he has developed powers that resemble mutant powers yet are not mutagentic in origins." Xaviers said as he tried to explain Ranma's life. "He is also in danger as is his mother."

"Danger from who?" Asked Scott. As one of the leaders of the X-men he wanted to know the dangers that might be facing his charges. Who knows what danger Ranma was facing and how they could impact on the X-men.

"From Magneto. Ranma has already defeated Magneto twice." Xavier said, looking for the young people's reaction to the news.The looks of shock and awe in the faces of his students was proof enough of their knowledge of ranma skills. "Although Magneto was merely testing Ranma the second time, training to understand Ranma's martial artist skills. Till Ranma's mutant power kicked in for the first time." The look of awe increased at the thought of Ranma defeating Magneto without mutant powers.