Crossover With Non-anime Series Fan Fiction / Samurai X Fan Fiction / Rurouni Kenshin Fan Fiction ❯ Rurouni Kenshin and the Lord of the Rings ❯ Ch. 33: The Mouth of Sauron speaks ( Chapter 87 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

A/n: another quick update, eh? Sometimes I feel like I'm doing things at the last possible moment. But anyway, I just saw Chronicles of Narnia, and it is a great movie. People have already called it the new "Lord of the Rings", and on some level, it is. The music was nearly as enchanting as Lord of the Rings' music was. Well, anyway, enjoy this new chapter.

Chapter 33: Morannon opens! The Mouth of Sauron speaks

The sky was a bit lighter in Mordor at dawn, though still covered in darkness. The travelers themselves were covered in grime and soot from head to toe, from wearing the Orc armor, as well as from the smoking fissures that they came across, as the ground became hot around them. In the first marches, they went further and faster than any of them had hoped. The land was still rough and hostile, and yet they made much progress, and ever the Mountain drew nearer.

As they awoke, they began to drink what's left of their water. Kaoru and Yahiko's water packets were almost empty, as was Frodo's as he tried to wring out the packet for the last bits of liquid. But he found none and threw his packet onto the ground.

Sam came along and handed Frodo his packet, saying, "take mine, there's a few drops left."

Frodo took the packet from Sam and tipped it to drink what was left as a little water trickled into his mouth. The weary Hobbit panted and wheezed, full of thirst, still feeling unsatisfied by the water that Sam gave him.

Kaoru then asked Yahiko, "how much do you have left, Yahiko?"

Yahiko held his packet and tipped it downwards also, shaking it for any traces of water…

"…I think I'm just about out myself," answered Yahiko.

"…Well," said Kaoru, feeling something from her packet, "I have some to spare."

Frodo turned to Kaoru, who was now handing her packet to him.

"Here," offered Kaoru, "…why don't you drink what's left of it, Frodo… since you're the one who's the most worn out?"

"…But then there'll be none left for the return journey," replied Frodo, with his voice utterly spent.

"…I don't think there will be a return journey, Mr. Frodo," interjected Sam, soberly, as Kaoru solemnly nodded with him.

"You're all talking nonsense," said Yahiko, defiantly, as he stood, "…we're going to make it, Sam! I know we will!"

"Yahiko," said Kaoru, with her gaze fixed upon her apprentice, "I know how you feel, believe me. When we were fighting Shishio, it was also a hard battle for us. But compared to what we faced in Kyoto… it feels like nothing to what we're enduring here in Mordor…"

Sam and Frodo sympathized with Kaoru's remarks, as she shared Sam's belief that they would not make it back.

"After the fight with Shishio," Kaoru went on, "…and when Kenshin returned, severely wounded, Miss Megumi told me that we all foolishly believe that Kenshin is some super being that can do anything and will always make it back in one piece. But, as a doctor, she saw Kenshin just as someone with above average abilities, and was nothing more than an ordinary person…

"…Kenshin told me that he felt the same way. Basically, there's a difference in believing in yourself… and just being overconfident," finished Kaoru.

"But Kaoru," Yahiko persisted in his faith, "even if Kenshin realized how human he was, he wouldn't let that stop him, whether he was overconfident or not. And also, when we were fighting Shishio, you told him that we would all go back to Tokyo… together!"

Kaoru gasped in realization, as Yahiko had not forgotten that promise, but she had, unfortunately, being worn down by the desolation of Mordor, just as Frodo.

Yahiko continued, firmly, "did you think I would forget that, Kaoru? I didn't. The problem with you is that you don't have much faith, like I do. When you and Frodo were out cold… Sam almost had me believing that you were really dead, but I knew better and Sam was proved wrong, weren't you, Sam?"

Sam gazed in awe upon Yahiko and his stubborness… remembering when he wouldn't give up on him until he went back to Frodo to save his life. Sam probably owed him a lot because he realized his mistake of turning back from Frodo, even when Frodo was not himself.

"You also said before, Sam, that we were going to come back, that we're going there and back again like Bilbo did, remember?" Yahiko reminded Sam, with hardened eyes, "Kaoru and I also went 'there and back again' while fighting Shishio in Kyoto, and came back in one piece. So we're all going to make it, you hear?"

"There's one thing you haven't thought of, Yahiko," Kaoru broke in again, "even though we know that destroying the ring will break Sauron's powers forever, we still don't know what'll happen next. When Sauron goes… all of Mordor might go with him as well, and we'd be all caught in it. We wouldn't be fast enough to escape, with no chance of going home whatsoever."

Yahiko paused a moment… then hardened himself even more as he went down to Kaoru and said firmly, "…we're going to make it, Kaoru… I know we will."  

A moment of silence began for the four companions, as mixed emotions were happening upon them all. They had wanted to listen to Yahiko, especially Kaoru with her supposition of the possibility no escape once the ring was destroyed, even as she remembered that she promised to Kenshin that they would be reunited again. But being as nearly as spent as Frodo, she could not cope with either her promise, or her doubts that were in her mind. And even though Yahiko believed that they would all make it… thoughts of no returning from the journey had settled in his mind, though he was battling against them constantly.

No more words were spoken among the group, as Frodo turned towards Sam… and grabbed his hand to be pulled up. Yahiko did the same, lending his hand to Kaoru to lift her up from the ground.

Kenshin and the hosts of the West continued marching along north as the Frodo and his company approached closer to the center of Mt. Doom. The remaining forces of Gondor and Rohan formed ranks, their banners flapping in the wind, as they took positions upon two great hills of blasted stone and earth that the Orcs had piled in years of labor…

Gandalf, Kenshin, and the rest on horses positioned themselves in front of the troops that were facing a great peril…

On both sides… all was silent, but watchful. They all stood forlorn and chill in the grey light of early day before the great iron doors of Mordor in which they all could not assault with hope alone…

The last hope of Middle-Earth and Japan waited earnestly for the greater hosts of Mordor… to come through the gate…

Thinking no more of concealment within the Black Land… Frodo and the others began to proceed at the foot of the mountain of fire. They all staggered across the rough terrain of the mountain, though the ground was still level, but reached a higher climb.

Frodo, unlike the others, walked half-bowed, often stumbling, as if his eyes no longer saw the way before his feet. His right hand was often at his breast, clutching the ring… and then withdrawn as the will recovered mastery. And his left hand was raised, like he was trying to ward off a blow, or to screen his eyes from the dreaded Eye of Sauron, that sought to look in them. Sam, Kaoru and Yahiko watched Frodo worriedly, yet sadly…

As the Hobbit continued waving both his hands wildly, with great exhaustion ever increasing within Frodo, as if he was trying to hit at things in front of him… that only he could see. For this Hobbit… each mile he walked was bitterer than the one before, as his strength lessened even more, nearing closer to the fires of Mount Doom, where the land was most evil…

Kaoru definitely knew what torment that Frodo was going through, being as the ring tempted her as well, almost just as long as Frodo had…

'Of all the pains that Mr. Frodo went through,' Sam thought, anxiously, '…the worst pain ever he bore… was the ring. A burden on the body, and a torment on the mind.'

'…Frodo's not doing good,' thought Yahiko, with a little despair, '…it looks like he's waving at things that aren't there. Or maybe it’s the ring trying to overpower him again. It looks like we may have to carry up Frodo more sooner than we expected.'

Frodo then stood where he was… as the ring's call had drowned him out, looking about in a trance-like state. As the others were contemplating Frodo's dilemma… Kaoru began noticing the light from Barad-dûr was suddenly and slowly making its way towards them, and gasped in alarm…

"Everyone, look out!" Kaoru cried out, "the light's coming this way!"

Sam and Yahiko noticed the light from the Eye heading their way… and immediately went to duck for cover. Yahiko and Kaoru were next to each other and Sam was many paces away from the others, as well as Frodo.

"Frodo, get down!" Sam cried out to Frodo, who was still in a daze, "hide…!"

Frodo could hear very little of Sam's cry of alarm as he slowly turned around… seeing the great eye closing in on him and the ring with the light shining full on him…

"Come on, Frodo!" yelled Yahiko to Frodo, "take cover!"

The dizzy yet weary Hobbit, barely hearing Yahiko's cries, quickly turned away from the evil light… as his legs buckled…

And dropped boneless to the ground, as if he was a corpse. Frodo's body successfully hid the ring from the malicious sight of Sauron, but the light still shone on him, as the Eye could feel the ring's power.

"Frodo!" cried Sam in a panic, fearing that Frodo will be discovered as he continued to lay upon the ground under the gaze of the Eye, his eyes wide but unseeing, his body quivering.

Yahiko, fearing the same thing, tried to get up to move Frodo, but Kaoru stopped him as she said, "no, Yahiko. Stay where you are."

"But Kaoru--" Yahiko retorted.

"Yahiko, if you try to move Frodo… then Sauron will spot us for sure," Kaoru told Yahiko in urgency.

Yahiko grunted in his breath, realizing that Kaoru was correct.

"…We'll just have to wait, until the Eye goes away," Kaoru advised further, "there's nothing more we can do, for the moment."

Aragorn, Kenshin, and the armies of the West waited for what seemed to be long, endless moments at the gate. They knew that all the hills and rocks about the Morannon were filled with hidden foes and the shadowy defile beyond was bored and tunneled by teeming broods of evil things. And still… the enemy made no sign.

"Where are they?" asked Pippin, impatiently as the gate remained closed and unchallenged.

"Err, what's the big deal, here?" said Sanosuke, grumbling in agitation.

"Maybe they're trying to stall for time more than we are," Saito assumed.

"…I don't like this, Aragorn," said Misao, frowning, "it doesn't look like they'll show."

The Fellowship continued to look upon the Black Gate, which was still silent and will not open before them. Everyone began sharing the same feelings that the plan was not working as well as they expected.

"…Then we're going to have to give them some encouragement, Misao," replied Aragorn firmly, as he heeled Brego in a canter… and rode forth closer to the gate.

Kenshin, Sanosuke, Éomer, Legolas and the others followed behind Aragorn on their horses drawing closer towards the great iron doors of the Black land, so all that the enemies of Mordor would have witnesses. The soldiers upon the great mounds watched and waited in solitude as the Fellowship came within crying distance… and settled their horses, just before the gate, to try and incite the armies behind the Morannon to answer the challenge…

Frodo still lay upon the ground with Sauron's light shining on him, feeling the dreadful menace of the Eye beat down on him, a sleepless malice looming blacker, like the oncoming of a wall of night at the last end of the world. Sauron cold feel the ring's power and so his eye won't depart from where he was gazing. Sam, Yahiko and Kaoru continued to wait until the light moved away from them… which was not happening anytime soon…

'How long can we just lay here doing nothing?' thought Yahiko in perturbation, looking on helplessly, 'Frodo may be able to hide the ring with his body, but I doubt that even it will be able to hide it completely. The ring's power is growing persistently. It's just like what Gandalf once said… the ring wants to be found by its master.

'…I know Kaoru said that we should wait… but I don't think that Frodo can last much longer.'

The Police officers and Imperial Army proceeded to gather and salvage what they could of the Orcs' weapons, to use against the next assault, if they could. As they were…

RRRRUMMMMMMMBBBBBBBBBBLLLLLLLLEEEEEEE! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The ground began shaking underneath their feet. It was like an earthquake was hitting Kyoto, happening just when they've defeated Sauron's forces.

Radagast, Okina, Yamagata, and the others at the Police Station began feeling the same thing, as the shaking went throughout their streets, homes, and temples. The brown wizard knew that this wasn't some ordinary earthquake… it was more like an omen…

As the sky grew even darker, with a unnatural red light…

And what seemed like a ball of fire… a great Eye appeared in the skies above Kyoto, gripping the attention of the Samurai, Police, Rumil and the remainder of the Galadhrim, and the Army as they gazed upon the eye in disquietude. Many others began to run and hide within nearby buildings, and in the alleyways, ducking for cover, believing that the world was ending this day.

Radagast, Hiko, Sojiro, Glorfindel, Elladan and Elrohir, Okina and the Oniwaban group, the Red Samurai, Kawaji, Yamagata, Megumi, and the children walked upon the streets, as these select few brave people gathered around to look at the eye that was over the city.

"What in the world is that?" Kawaji asked incredulously… yet filled with dread.

"…It is the Eye," answered Radagast in shock, as though he wasn't expecting this, "…but that's impossible! How is it that he could be here?"

"To answer your question, brown wizard," Sauron responded, "I am a mere part of Sauron. My other half is still in Mordor, atop of my dark tower. I have learned many tricks, though Saruman taught me how to open the portals. My greatest trick yet was the ability to separate part of my essence… and now you see it before your eyes."

-

The people of Japan gasped in horror to see that Sauron had the ability to separate himself from his main entity. Radagast and his company remained vigilant, though he was not so surprised seeing that Sauron's powers were growing still.

"Did you, people of Japan think you could stand against me?" Sauron questioned contemptuously, "you have only delayed the inevitable. Soon, your world will be mine. I can feel the power of my ring nearby within my realm. I shall finally reclaim my great power… and to dominate your world, after I'm done with Middle-Earth!"

"You, dominate our world?" said Cho in a frivolous manner, "heh! Not in this lifetime, partner!"

"For as long as we live and breathe," said Radagast firmly, "…we will not be intimidated by your pathetic boasting, Sauron."

Sauron laughed at the wizard's ardor, "you are foolish, Istari of Middle-Earth. All your other companions, including the insolent Gandalf Greybeard are making a foolish move… to attack my land at its Black Gates."

Everyone, including Radagast gasped apprehensively to this revelation. All of Kenshin's allies had wanted to know what was going to happen next. Now, they knew… Kenshin and the others were headed towards the Black Gate.

"And to prove this… I will show you all, of your friends' foolish decision to attack my land. They are hopelessly outnumbered… and all will perish, along with your fond hopes for victory against me…"

Suddenly…

A clearing began to form within the sky…

And an image of the Black Gate showed before the appalled Men of Japan, with a company of riders that just settled in front of the quiet gate, to stir up the forces behind that lay beyond it. Kenshin's allies instantly recognized some of the riders as their friends that went to challenge the Orcs.

"Uncle Ken," gasped Ayame and Suzume in great worry…

"Let the Lord of the Black Land come forth!" Aragorn shouted out, in a commanding voice, "let justice be done upon him!" 

Moments of silence followed after the call…

The riders endured the long, long silence of the Black Gate, hoping that Aragorn's demand would provoke the armies of Mordor to come out and fight…

The observers in Kyoto awaited the same as they heard Aragorn's call to Sauron and his forces…

Then…

A creaking noise was heard… and the gate slowly began to open. Kenshin and the others gasped in surprise to see Morannon opening up, as their challenge was finally answered.

However, what came out from the gate weren't the army they were expecting… but a lone rider upon a foul-looking horse, also covered in dark armor. Kenshin, Aragorn, Misao, and the rest saw that he wasn't one of the Nazgul… but a man. The Lieutenant of Barad-dûr tower was he, who came from the race of the Black Numenoreans, though his name was unknown.

The rider was robed in black, dressed almost like a priest, as if he was some herald or ambassador. And his helm was lofty, one that covered his eyes, save his mouth, which was heavily scarred, due to the muttering of Black Speech. It was for this reason alone that many Orcs referred to him as… 'The Mouth of Sauron'.

The observers in Kyoto watched in silence at the lone rider who came out of the gate to meet with Kenshin and Aragorn's company…

"My master, Sauron the Great, bids thee welcome," greeted the Mouth of Sauron, in a deep voice, with a very toothy, yet showy grin.

Kenshin maintained his serious expression, seemingly not impressed by the Mouth's greeting. Aragorn gave the black lieutenant a mocking look, as Legolas, Sanosuke, and the others gave revolting looks, as though they were disgusted by his presence.

"Is there any in this rout, with authority to treat with me?" the Mouth asked with arrogance.

"We do not come to treat with Sauron, faithless and accursed," rebuked Gandalf.

"Yeah," added Sanosuke, "the last thing we'd do is show you any kind of courtesy."

"Besides, doesn't it hurt when you talk?" Saito mockingly asked of the messenger, of his mouth, "your lips don't seem to be in any condition to brag out anything."

The insult from Saito was clear, as the Mouth of Sauron gritted menacingly at the Mibu wolf.

"Tell your master this," Gandalf told the messenger, "the armies of Mordor must disband. He is to attack no other worlds and depart these lands, never to return."

"So either take it or leave it, buster!" Misao cried vehemently.

"Aha! Old Greybeard," the Mouth sneered at Gandalf, countering, "…you and your companions should not bandy words of insolence with me… for I have some tokens I was bidden to show thee."

The foul servant of the Dark Lord then went into his lap… and pulled out two items, one in each hand. The first was a small shirt made of Mithril rings, the other was a silk blue ribbon. Kenshin, Gimli, Sanosuke and the others gasped in recognition to the objects the Black Lieutenant presented…

"Frodo!" Pippin whispered despairingly, seeing the Mithril shirt.

The Mouth of Sauron hissed as he said, "so, you have another of these imps with you. But we took the silk object from a woman…"

The Mouth deeply sniffed the ribbon and added, "…her scent is still littered within it."

'Miss Kaoru,' thought a gasping Kenshin, gazing at the blue ribbon that the Mouth said belonged to a woman.

"…Kaoru," muttered Misao in despair.

Savoring his moment of victory over the Fellowship… the Black Lieutenant tossed the Mithril coat to Gandalf… and the blue ribbon to Misao. As Gandalf held the shirt, he felt that his worst fears for Frodo had been confirmed, although he dared not to show it. Kenshin, Sanosuke and Misao began to be fearful of Kaoru, upon receiving the ribbon that they knew belonged to her.

-

"Frodo!" Pippin said a little louder, nearly shouting in anguish, to which the Mouth of Sauron replied with a wicked cackle.

"Silence," commanded Gandalf sternly.

"No!" Merry cried hopelessly.

"Where's the missie!" yelled Sanosuke in anger.

"What did you do to Kaoru, you creep!" screamed Misao, with tears.

"Silence!" Gandalf repeated in a panic-filled voice, "all of you!"

Reluctantly, Misao, Merry and Sanosuke quieted themselves, as the odious herald faced them all, though he could not see either of them, save with his mind… then turned back to Gandalf.

"The halfling was dear to thee I see," the Mouth of Sauron evilly observed, "know that he suffered greatly at the hands of his host."

The Mouth cackled again triumphantly at the Fellowship with his sickeningly arrogant grins. Gimli and Sanosuke, with a tightened fist, growled wantonly at the Mouth of Sauron, wishing him the greatest pain imaginable, though Legolas and Kenshin had faces pained with despair. Gandalf handed the Mithril cloth to Pippin, who looked at it forlornly. Misao also kept holding Kaoru's ribbon, with tears falling on her face, to which Aoshi laid a comforting hand on her shoulder.

"Who would've thought one so small, could endure so much pain," lamented the messenger in a calm, yet heartless tone, "and he did Gandalf… he did. Whatever your errand that you have sent him in Mordor… has regrettably failed."

Gandalf, with teary eyes, looked with dismay upon the Black Lieutenant, hearing more of the possibility of Frodo's suffering and failure in his quest, to which the messenger took great pleasure in gloating at.

"…What about the woman?" inquired Kenshin.

The Mouth of Sauron then turned to Kenshin and sneered, "ah… the much abated Himura the Battousai. I see that the woman was a dear friend to you… she slowly suffers in Barad-dûr. Your world may have gained victory… but the survivors are now watching."

Kenshin, Sanosuke, Misao, Aoshi, and Saito gasped in surprised, to hear that the people of Kyoto were watching…

-

Radagast, Okina, and the others were indeed watching this event unfold, with the Mouth of Sauron showing and giving the tokens to the defenders at the Black Gate.

"Sauron and I are one," said the Mouth, "I have learned many things from him. You should take swift counsel with whatever wit is left in you… for Sauron does not love intruders. The woman does not suffer as badly as the Halfling did, but she will never be released unless you accept my master's terms. Her fate now depends on your choice.

"If you refuse, you shall fight a losing battle… and your world will know the price for opposing my lord," finished the Mouth of Sauron.

"The hell we'll accept!" shouted Sanosuke.

"Bring her out here right now, you knucklehead!" demanded Misao, as she went for her kunais.

But Aoshi lightly grabbed her arm," no, Misao. Don't do anything rash." He counseled.

"Very wise," said the Black Lieutenant, "for it would be vain to deny them now."

"Think nothing of it," replied Aoshi darkly, "just name your terms."

With a hiss, the Mouth began, "the rabbles of Gondor and Rohan are to withdraw beyond the Anduin River, never to take arms against Sauron again, in secret or openly. The other world in Japan will do the same to lay down their weapons, as the people shall first take oaths to never oppose my master."

The observers didn't like the sound of that, as some of them growled under their breaths, and others, including Ayame and Suzume, became fearful that they will know the terror of Sauron, as it would indeed be worse than what they all went through under the Tokugawa Shogunate's rule.

The Mouth went on, "in Middle-Earth, all lands east of the Anduin will be Sauron's for all time, and the lands west of the river, as far as the Misty mountains shall be tributary to Mordor and bear no weapons. And they will help rebuild Isengard, also to be Sauron's when finished… and his lieutenant shall dwell there, since Saruman is indisposed."

"…And I'm going to guess," said Kenshin, firmly eyeing the Mouth of Sauron, "you're to be Sauron's new lieutenant at Isengard, that you are."

The Mouth replied, with an evil grin, "your mind is indeed sharp, Battousai. But your words are made out of a little haste on your part."

'Typical dumb apprentice,' thought Hiko miserably of Kenshin.

"If Saruman were still alive, trustworthy and more competent to govern Isengard, I would've been given the task… of ruling your world and its people," ended the Mouth of Sauron, viciously.

Kenshin darkened his eyes fiercely at the messenger, but not so surprised. The people of Kyoto thought with disgust to know that someone like the Mouth of Sauron would've been their tyrant, and they his slaves.

"Your world should be honored," the Mouth commented with sinister formality, "…I would've ruled it in chaos as it should've been… just like the way Shishio would've wanted it to be… wouldn't it, Battousai?"

Kenshin's gaze was firm, even as the Mouth gave off a sighing laugh. However Kenshin could not deny to himself the situation of his dilemma with the possibility of Kaoru's imprisonment and the bargaining for her release… not to mention the future he saw of her within the Palantir.

Aragorn breathed in, as he turned to Kenshin, saying with a hint of sorrow, "Kenshin, I hope you will forgive me. I may never forgive myself."

Kenshin was full of confusion… as Aragorn heeled Brego along, to slowly walk up beside the Black lieutenant. Everyone, that watched, noticed that Aragorn's face seemed passive, yet very troubled, as if they could feel that something was wrong.

'Is Aragorn really going to accept that creep's offer?' thought Sanosuke, in bewilderment.

The Mouth then turned in Aragorn's direction, asking with contempt, "and who is this--Isildur's heir? It takes more to make a king than a broken Elvish blade--" 

SLICE!

In a sudden, unexpected move… Aragorn swiftly severed the hateful Black Lieutenant's head from his body with Andúril. Kenshin, Gandalf, as well as the observers in Kyoto were greatly surprised that Aragorn would strike the messenger fearlessly, though Saito smirked pitilessly. Megumi once again covered Ayame and Suzume's eyes, so they wouldn't look.

"I guess that concludes negotiations," Gimli noted indifferently, to himself.

"…Aragorn," spoke Kenshin with dismay.

"I do not believe it, Kenshin!" cried Aragorn defiantly, yet faithfully, with gritted teeth, "I will not! Sauron most likely believes that his hope in war upon our worlds has failed, that he would be so desperately cunning enough… to trick us with dishonorable haggling to get what he desires."

Misao gasped a moment, as she looked at the ribbon in her hands, thinking… that it all made sense. If they had the clothing, where were the prisoners? Radagast, Okina, and the Oniwaban group had the same opinion. The Black Lieutenant was indeed demanding too much for the delivery of one person

'That creep,' thought Misao angrily, 'he must've been playing us the whole time! They didn't have Frodo or Kaoru at all.'

'Agh, I might've guessed that's what was happening,' thought Sanosuke in a not-so-surprised manner, with gritted teeth, 'the squirt and the missie must've lost those someplace and these guys picked them up so that they could use them to fool us into agreeing to their demands, typical.'

"You certainly have a way of calling someone's bluff, Aragorn," complimented Saito with another sly smirk.

"As I have said, Kenshin," said Aragorn to Kenshin, with eyes pleading for understanding, "I hope you will forgive me." 

"The fools!" Sauron rasped angrily, sensing the demise of his messenger, "if they wish so much for oblivion… they shall have it." 

With that… Sauron's eye atop Barad-dûr turned away from the travelers in Mordor, who were lying on the ground while his light was shining on them… and over towards the Black Gate…

Where Aragorn and the rest of the Fellowship looked forward as the gate began to open up a little more… and saw the whole of Sauron's army marching their way, and the Eye itself, glaring at them from atop Barad-dûr. The heroes' faces hardened as Mordor had at last responded to their demands after waiting for so long and having to deal with one of Sauron's henchmen.

"Looks like we've got their full and complete attention now," said Sanosuke in great anticipation…

The people of Kyoto witnessed the same, seeing the Black Gate open, unleashing Sauron's hordes against Kenshin and the others, and the Eye from Barad-dûr looking at them with an intent to destroy them all. The Men became nervous as they could see that the Orcs had greatly outnumbered the defenders…

'Himura,' thought Yamagata, with solemn apprehension, 'you fight for us still… and against such overpowering odds.'

"…So," intoned Okina, forebodingly, "the final battle… is about to begin."

Radagast, Katsu, Hiko, Sojiro and the Oniwaban group nodded accordingly, as Megumi and the children could only watch with uncertain apprehensive dread…

"…Fall back!" commanded Aragorn to his friends, "fall back!"

The other riders then heeled their horses away from the gate, making their way back to the soldiers upon the mounds… with the Black Gate opening itself wider and wider… unleashing all of Mordor upon the challengers…

…ASH NAZG DURBATULUK…!

…ASH NAZG GIMBATUL…!

…ASH NAZG THRAKATULUK…!

…AGH BURZUM-ISHI KRIMPATUL…!

- 

The Orcs cried out the black speech, with their banners waved, marching towards the Men of Gondor and Rohan. The foot soldiers began to recoil in fear and horror, gazing upon the much larger number of Orcs…

Disclaimer: The Lord of the Rings and RK are not mine. They belong to their authors, respectively J.R.R. Tolkien and Watsuki Nobuhiro. This fanfiction is created just for fun, not for any commercial purposes.

A/n: the action is about ready to commence everyone. Don't forget to see Chronicles of Narnia if you're able. C. S. Lewis, the author of Narnia once said, 'a myth was a story that everybody knew about, even if they couldn't remember ever reading or hearing any version of it.'

I got this line while watching the extended DVD of Return of the King. In this sense, it is a true saying, because there some great stories that are connected together in ways that they could ever know. So, I'm commending this update to Mr. Lewis, since he was a friend and rival of Tolkien.

Anyway, please read and review.