D. Gray-man Fan Fiction / Naruto Fan Fiction ❯ The Fate She Had... ❯ Choice ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

 
 
Disclaimer: I do not own Naruto, they belong to Masashi Kishimoto and I don't own D. Gray man either.
 
 
 
Hanabi walked slowly into the forest, tears welling up into her eyes. She threw her back pack somewhere randomly on the ground and started running farther away from her village.
 
Voices echoed through her mind as she recalled what happened earlier…
 
Flashback:
 
The clock struck midnight and everything was as usual, quiet and noiseless. The empty hallways of the Hyuuga clan estate made Hanabi even more scared as she moved stealthily toward the bathroom.
 
Waking up her family members was something she would not attempt to do so she kept quiet until, when she came out of the bathroom, she heard voices, coming from the council room.
 
The light was still on and from the dark figures that appeared thorough the paper walls on the doors showed her that a meeting was being held.
 
“You're daughters are already grown up, and you're getting old, Hiashi. I want you to choose an heir soon and abandon the other one. We can't stand 2 sisters if only one will be the heir, surely the results wouldn't be good.” The elders spoke without much feeling.
 
Hiashi sighed and everyone could tell he was unsure. He had gotten used to having both of his daughters around, but abandoning was not a choice he wanted to do. “I, well, if I was going to choose the heir soon, maybe Hinata—” The door suddenly slid open revealing Hanabi's hiding place. The elders' eyes widen with shock when she clenched her hands into fists and stared hard with hatred and anger.
 
She was already 14, but the problem was she couldn't use the Byakugan; yet, something in side of her seemed to build up gradually, showing her progress. Now her father had made a choice that neither she could forgive nor argue.
 
“So now, I get it…” She spoke coldly. Without a word she took off right into her room and slammed the door shut. Voices appeared from outside the door, but she ignored it and started packing her stuff into her small backpack. Silently, she slipped her black tank-top and shorts inside the kimono she usually wore and grabbed her cloak and sandals.
 
With one last look at her room, she opened her window and slipped through the night…
 
End of flash back
 
“Where am suppose to go now, what am I going to do?” Thoughts and `what-ifs' whirled in her mind as she headed farther away from her village. She didn't go far when voices appeared behind her. Turning her head over her shoulder, she realized 2 people in black coats and a hood followed closely behind her.
 
She stopped on a tree and stared at the 2 new comers, and they too halted. I wonder who they are. They don't look like Hiashi-sama or the others. Hanabi thought and pulled out a kunai.
 
Even if she was only a Chuunin, taking other ninjas was no problem. But she started wondering what village would wear such weird clothes; black with silver trimmings coat and a crucifix in a complicated design.
 
“What do you want?!” She hollered in her loudest voice, but all that came out was hardly a squeak. The strangers stared at each other and back at her, before one of them raised a large hammer. She took a step back and pulled a kunai out, ready for attack. “In these times, I really wish I had Byakugan. At least I could see what these strange people look like…” She muttered under her breath, and threw the kunai at them.
 
The one with the hammer easily deflected it and Hanabi flung herself at them. She made shadow clones and attacked, but they seemed to avoid it easily; or unexpectedly. They jumped back and forth bumping into each other, until, she stopped and sat down to watch, as her clones tried attacking the clumsy pair.
 
This does not make sense at all. Who ever heard of ninjas bumping into each other accidentally without blocking attacks?Hanabi thought and slowly leapt onto the same tree they were on. But they didn't stay long when suddenly the branch snapped and she and the 2 fell straight at the ground.
 
Rubbing her back, she cursed her self for being so weak and the image of the council and the words her father said, repeated like some broken recorder that couldn't stop. But her curiousness ended when the hoods of the 2 strange people fell.
 
The one with the hammer had orange spiked hair and a patch over an eye. It gave the thought of maybe he had eye problems or rather, blind. However, the other guy had white hair and what looked like a long scar over one of his pale blue eyes. Maybe he has problems with washing his hair; they make him look like some old man.
 
When they finally regained the consciousness to stare back at her, she scrunched her face irritably and brought the confidence to talk correctly. “Who are you weirdoes and why are you following me?” She spat without manners at them.
 
They turned to each other and gave her a nervous glance. “Err, sorry, we didn't meant to frighten you…I'm Allen Walker and this is my partner Lavi. We both come from Europe—” The boy with white hair suddenly stopped talking and his scar-ed eye suddenly turned into some kind of lens and metal objects. The boy called Lavi tensed and raises his hammer at an attack position, making Hanabi confused.
 
But how they say they were from Europe—she never heard of a place like that. She wondered who they were and their names certainly were weird, yet, she was worried they were some maniacs from a village or something. When she opened her mouth to object, to her horror, a large round-like object appeared with weapons sticking out of it and a face glided toward her. Suddenly a huge silvery arm blocked the counter the attack. She realized it was the boy called Allen.
 
“What is going on? What on earth is that?!” Hanabi yelled aloud at them. She leapt backwards onto a tree and watched intently as Lavi's hammer enlarged and smashed the thing. They wiped sweat from their face and she heard one of them mutter “Level ones” and shook his head.
 
“Well,” Allen started and turned his arm back to normal. “We are exorcists of the Black Priest tower. That was an Akuma we fought, they were tracking us down. Sorry, to make you part of it, I think the other akumas hiding are going to see you now as an exorcist. Why are you alone in the night at this hour anyways? I never thought I'd see a ninja at this time…” He stopped talking when Hanabi hung her head.
 
“I-I'm a runaway, an outcast from my village from now on.” She stammered and clenched her hands into fists again. “I don't have anywhere to go, any goal or thing to do. All I know is that I don't have a purpose to live anymore. There aren't people I know from another village; the Hokage will surely record me as a missing-nin now…” Tears streamed down her face, but she wondered why was she telling such thing to strangers she just met. Something inside of her was building up, heat and new emotions appeared.
 
Now Allen smiled at her, and Hanabi slumped back onto the ground, feeling hopeless than ever. The sun was rising, as she shielded her eyes, feeling like the next day would only bring more terror and much worse.
 
But suddenly a hand reached down to her. Allen and Lavi gave her a warm smile as they spoke in a soft voice. “Then if you want to know what the goal to live is, then join us, exorcists, to serve God, and bring peace and happiness to people, no matter who they are.” The words stung in Hanabi's heart and she felt touched. Slowly, she lifted her hand and accepted the help and offer…
 
 
What to you think of the story? Bad? Good? Review and give comments please!