D. Gray-man Fan Fiction / Naruto Fan Fiction ❯ The Fate She Had... ❯ This is Japan?! ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Disclaimer: Here again, I say that I do not own Naruto or D.Grayman at all.
(Also, there are actually other genres from this chapter and on…Like adventure, comedy and others.)
 
What am I suppose to do right now? Hanabi thought as she followed Allen and Lavi, who was explaining everything: who they were and what they are.
 
When they mentioned about the Noah Family and the Earl, she interrupted them. “I've heard of those names before, oh I remember, they were mentioned in a story the 3rd Hokage and told us in the Academy. It was about a family and a demon called the Earl who fought evilness and other things with it…” Lavi and Allen scrunched their faces into disgusted looked.
 
“Well, yeah, I've heard of a story where a family, betrayer to all humanity joined forces with the evil Earl to destroy the whole race of humans with Akumas!” Lavi said sarcastically. “Who ever heard of a story where evil and good turned the other way around?” Hanabi smiled for the first time since last night and shrugged.
 
“It was just a story, maybe some kind of Akuma disguise as a human told it…” Allen quickly suggested. They had reached a harbor finally after the walk that took all morning.
 
The sun had reached its highest point, giving off heat to any living thing. But Hanabi was still as pale as ever, not even sweating in the hot July sun. “Are we going to the continent you called Europe?” Hanabi spoke nervously. She had never been anywhere else then her home land. Leaving was a choice she made that will never be able to back up.
 
“Oi, Yuu-chan, Crow-chan, and Lena-li we're here!” Lavi called suddenly and waved his arms everywhere. 3 more exorcists in the uniform walked up.
 
“Hanabi, this is Kanda,” —Allen pointed to a boy with long black hair tied in a ponytail and holding katana—“This is Crowley,” —He gestured a man who had sharp teeth and a nervous smile—“And Lena-li” —a girl with long pigtails gave a short wave.
 
“Who is she, Allen? I've never seen her before, does she have innocence?” Lena-li asked as Hanabi gave a small smile. “No. She wants to join the Order, but we'll take her the Hebraska to see if she might have innocence she could be compatible with.” This wasn't something Hanabi had heard from them. She did hear about Hebraska, though little was known of her.
 
“Are we going to leave know?” Crowley spoke, changing the subject. He pointed at the ship that looked ready to leave. Kanda was already half way on the ship, not bothering them at all. “Oi, Yuu-chan, wait for me! Come on everyone, Bean Sprout you can continue to explain to her.” Lavi disappeared into the ship and Lena-li followed closely behind.
 
Hanabi turned to face Allen. “Why are there only you guys on the ship and a few crew members?” The masts were rolling the sails down now. “The ship is only for exorcists that live around here.”
 
“There are some here?!”
“Yup. Why are you surprised?”
“I never remembered seeing any around, even on missions.”
“Nani?! Why didn't you see any? Komui said there are a lot in Japan.”
“What's Japan?”
“It's here, it's you're homeland.”
“Oh, never heard of it…”
 
Lavi was yelling at them, but they couldn't figure out the words.
 
“Are we going now?”
“Yeah, you sure you're ok like this?”
 
Hanabi sighed, but gave him a confident smile as a yes. “Well then, let's go!” They raced toward the ship, and climbed into it. Yes, this is it; I'm going to leave here, maybe not forever, but for now. The consideration of doing this made her feel kind of dizzy. Confused, she peered out onto the deck and realized something or someone was sitting on one of the low buildings' roof. It was staring at her, she could feel it.
 
“They look familiar...” She concentrated on her chakra to see if any reaction to the thing watching her was something she knows about. The chakra running in that thing was a person with a bloodline…Byakugan! Ducking her head from view, she held her breath, unaware that Kanda watched her as if she was crazy.
 
“What are you doing?” He asked rather harshly. She was leaning on the mast of the ship, rather slumping then sitting. Panic rose in her. Did anyone follow her? She wondered, but doubt ness about it disappeared, when she couldn't sense the feeling of Byakugan anymore.
 
Kanda was still staring at her, but she ignored it and walked to the other side of the ship, leaning over the ships edge and into the depths of the sea. “I wonder how deep it is if I fell in…” She caught herself muttering as the ship slowly moved.
 
It was her first time on a ship, so the excitement rushed into her. She leapt to the very top of the mast, into the lookouts' area (though no one was there). The wind blew against her face, and she closed her eyes to feel the scent and sounds all around.
 
“Hanabi-chan, where are you?!” voices sounded around the ship. Everyone seemed worried and upset that she was no where to be seen, so she decided to call to them from her place. “I'm—” She stopped in mid-sentence when a kunai sliced past her cheek leaving a cut with blood dripping. A dark figure loomed over her, but she didn't know why she couldn't figure out who it was, in the hot bright sun.
 
But before she could react to anything, the person grasps her neck and raised her into the air, letting her feet dangle. She kicked and struggled, but it only got worse. Calming down, chakra calmly formed into her hands and, with all her might, she yanked the hand away from her neck.
 
Falling onto the floor, she didn't have time to move, when it suddenly leaned forward and spoke in the coldest voice she have heard. “You'd better not board this ship. You know better there are people in Konoha who still want you, not you alive, but dead…”
 
With a last evil cackle, it disappeared in a blow of wind, leaving Hanabi both confused and...scared.
 
 
I'm finally done with this chapter! It's going to be quite a while before I post the next one.
 
Please review and give comments!