D. Gray-man Fan Fiction / Naruto Fan Fiction ❯ The Fate She Had... ❯ Panic, and Show-offs... ( Chapter 3 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Disclaimer: I do not own either Naruto or D.Grayman. I'm only a fan of these 2 anime/mangas.
 
:
BACK IN KONOHA
 
Hinata nearly fainted when she heard the news of her younger sister from Hiashi. “You, Hanabi's, gone?!” She nearly screeched out in her shy voice.
 
Now her father was the one who looked depressed. “Well, she was listening to the council meeting and only heard half of my sentence and took off away. I've sent hired a ninja to kil—I mean get her back.” Hiashi seemed nervous as he sighed in relief that he hadn't let the secret slip…
 
But by now, Hinata was getting suspicious as she left the room, to pack her things for the next mission that Tsunade-sama was giving her. The Hokage herself had said something about helping someone catch a…her thoughts then was interrupted by a shatter in the window that was coming from Hanabi's room.
 
Without warning, she dashed right to the room and flung the door open; realizing she never should have opened it…
 
 
 
“We're finally here!” Everyone on the ship collapsed in exhaustion and nervousness. They had just pushed their way from a storm on sea, and had lost a lot of crews. The exorcists were all still inside the cabins' for safety, but Hanabi had stayed outside to help; now she kind of regretted staying outside.
 
“Are you ok?” Lena-li leaned down and helped her onto her feet, but Hanabi barely had enough chakra to even stand.
 
“I'm…kind…of…tired…I…can't really…stand now. The storm…was terrible. I can barely….even keep…balance.” She breathed heavily after each word and fell back on the floor. Kanda grunted and gave one of his cold glares at her. “Let's go now. We have to help with the ship; she's just too weak to do anything, che.” By this comment, anger rose in Hanabi and she stood up so suddenly that Lena-li was knocked to the ground from kneeling too close. She leaned toward him and stood as high as she can, even though she was way younger. “Do-not-make-fun-of-me-or-you'll-pay!” She said in short words and stiffly stared straight into his eye.
 
“It's the first time someone challenged Kanda, I hope Hanabi's alright.” Lena-li whispered to Allen and Crowley who just came out of the cabin. Hanabi ignored it and glanced away finally, after not blinking for almost 2 minutes. This time Kanda narrowed his eyes and gave a warning glance to the others.
 
This showed, however, the whole day will be full of troubles and fights with Kanda's bad moods and tempers.
 
“Great, you just made my day,” Lavi moaned to her and took off toward the dock, throwing up a large amount of food, from the storm.
 
Great, I'm already giving a bad impression to them. She had just did one of her bad arrogant tantrums and threw it at Kanda, it's not going to be a nice day for her now…
 
They had finally got off the ship and on to the firm and steady land, did the others sigh in relief.
 
“As long as I don't go on that darn ship again, I'll stay quite decent.” Lavi muttered and slung his hammer on to his shoulder. Hanabi gave him a questioning glance when everyone started walking in towards the main land.
 
“Wow, what's that?!” Hanabi turned around her and pointed to anything that look unusual. Only Allen had patience to answer everyone of her questions, but not for long, they entered that forest, where rows of trees were randomly in different shape and size.
 
While the exorcists walked, Hanabi leapt from tree to tree, glancing at the sky whenever she had time. This time they started asking her. “Why are you so easily leaping around, without getting hurt? Why can't Yuu-chan do it?” Lavi stared excitedly and Kanda growled angrily. Hanabi saw this and smiled obnoxiously and gave a careless shrug.
 
“It's easy, it doesn't hurt at all, it's only ninjas that can do this, and I bet Kanda can't!” She did a back flip from between the trees and landed gracefully on the ground beside them.
 
Her mocking grin did give Kanda throw a tantrum, so he leapt onto a tree and started leaping backwards, eyes closed irritably. Yep, he's showing off, Hanabi suddenly jumped at him, only to turn the other way on the last second. “Fine, if you can do it so easily, then why don't I see how fast you can go, by the way, what village are you from if you can do such things?” The question kind of hung in the air, but soon Kanda slowly pulled out his katana.
 
“We'll see about that after you get you're innocence,” He sneered and hasten his speed. Hanabi rolled her eyes and slowed down, turning into a walk with the others.
 
When they finally reached the cliff, Hanabi peered up to find the tallest tower she'd ever seen. It was completely black, with columns of windows. Birds that looked like crows flew overhead, adding the touch of the scene for a little creepiness.
 
“Don't tell me…” Hanabi stopped in mid-sentence when Lena-li activated her “Dark Boots” and Lavi stood on his hammer, holding the handle with Crowley doing the same. Allen had grabbed onto Lena-li's shoulder, but only Kanda and she was standing in position.
 
“Yep, we're climbing up this cliff, the towers on top of it. Do you want to go with Lavi on his hammer? Kanda always uses his katana to climb, so don't worry.” Lena-li spoke. Hanabi swore under her breath. Why would I be worrying about that cold-blooded, show-off?!
 
“I'm okay, I'll climb.” With that, I started walking straight up on the cliff. “Whoa! How'd you do that?” Allen exclaimed as everyone got to her pace. She shrugged and started running, when suddenly Kanda appeared beside her, doing the same thing. “Show-off,” They muttered suddenly at the same time.
 
Soon, instead of the conversationally climb up, it turned to a race as Hanabi and Kanda sped all the way up, leaving the others back.
 
By the time they reached the top, Hanabi was laying flat on the crowd, panting heavily. Blood had already rushed into her ears and her pale face had suddenly turned bright red.
 
“You're finally here!” A voice boomed out. Hanabi slowly got to her feet and stared at a door that was speaking. Stunned, Lena-li walked up to it. “Yep, job's done, got a new comer here to become an exorcist!”
 
The door turned his eyes upon the now cooled-down Hanabi, but stared at Lena-li again. “It's her…” The door suddenly burst in to tears. “Another brat from Japan, auurgh! Kanda's already enough, now I'm a goner, with those to around, I'll never be having happiness till the end of my life!”
 
A huge sweat drop hung on Hanabi's head as the others started laughing hysterically, other than Kanda, giving his death glare to the door. “Shut up and open the door!” He snapped as he kicked it. Hanabi sighed.
 
“I'm gonna have to get used to this maybe, as she slowly entered the tower, wondering if she should put up a nice impression or a bad one…
 
 
 
Please, someone review or give comments! I'm still thinking of making a fan art with this fan-fiction: A picture of Hanabi in an exorcists' clothes with her…innocence!