D. N. Angel Fan Fiction / GetBackers Fan Fiction / Yu Yu Hakusho Fan Fiction ❯ Dark Twilight ❯ Casting(sub title:The problem with crushes) ( Chapter 2 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Chapter Two: Casting(sub title: The problem with Crushes)
 
Note: When Sabrina, Daisuke, and Satoshi talk to each other, it's different from when they talk to their DNAngels. It's to make it easier fro me to remember, and so the other two can't eavesdrop on the conversations.
 
 
 
“It's about this girl named Cassandra, but she also goes by Cassie. It takes part in this really cool world of magic and adventure, but set in a time of war. See, her entire family were all killed, leaving her the sole survivor. She lives in this village called Sirena, but no one there seems to care about her at all. They just see her as just another orphan. Lucky for her she's got a really good friend named Loki. He's the leader of a gang of thieves and the best one there. So he takes her in and she becomes one too. Then one day, on one of her missions, she meets this boy named Lucius. This meeting sparks many problems, from a prince who will do anything to get what he wants, and what he wants is Cassandra, to a conniving sorceress to even the feeling of true love.”
Sabrina explained the story to the class.
One of her fellow classmates, a silver haired, dog eared boy named Inuyasha raised his hand, “So why it called `Dark Twilight'?”
She smiled,” In the story, there's a little sub-plot where Loki is trying to steal this special stone called the Dark Twilight, named for the fact that if held up in the light of the twilight, will glow a deep dark midnight blue. At one point, though, Cassie gets her hands on it, but you'll have to see why.”
The teacher smiled, “That sounds like a very good idea. Okay then why don't we start with a list of characters. Sabrina, would you mind?”
“Not at all,” she said. Sabrina went to the board and in less than 10 minutes, managed to get over twenty different characters. She turned back around,” sorry, that's only the main characters and slightly main characters.”
“Um…okay…Lets start with…….Cassandra! The main part. Okay, any nominations?” Mrs. Yukishiro asked, as Sabrina took her seat.
Inuyashas brother Sesshomaru blurted out,” how about Sabrina?”
She looked at him as most of the class called out thing like “Yeah, she should do it!” and “She'd be perfect!” Only Risa, who wanted that part, was unhappy about it.
Satoshi just smiled to himself. It's her own fault for starting this, he thought smugly.
/Oh, but you do so love the idea of it, I know you do, Master Satoshi. Especially if it involves getting a chance to get closer to your beloved Sabrina. You do know that Lucius, Cassandra's counterpart in the story, actually gets to kiss her, having deep feeling for her, don't you?/
That made Satoshi pause for a moment. It didn't have to do with the notion of him kissing her, but someone else kissing Sabrina. He couldn't let that happen, he-
“Okay it's official. Sabrina will play Cassandra.” Sabrina groaned, but the teacher went on, “Next is the part of Marcus, the cold hearted prince who pines for our leading lady……”
And so it went, parts being given out quickly, no problem. Kaiba was Marcus, Daisuke/Dark were Loki, Ban and his friend Ginji became two ninja loyal to Marcus Mizuki and Kazeki, Hiei became a thief named Max with an orange-haired boy named Kyo being his brother Alex, and so on and so forth, until……..
 
It was time to pick who was to be Lucius. She called his name, then asked for any volunteers. The remaining male population of the class raised their hand, besides Satoshi.
/Come on, raise your hand. Remember that he's Sabrina's love interest. You don't want someone else getting so close to her…………Come on…………/Krad was trying to hard to convince Satoshi to play Lucius, but not out of kindness. No, he too had an agenda, being the sadistic angel he was.
/No, Krad./Satoshi was adamant about this,/I don't like being in plays, you know that./
/Come on. If you don't someone else will./
/I said no and I MEAN no. /
/*sigh*Okay then, I'll have to force you to./
Once again, a battle of wills inflicted. But even though Satoshi was strong, Krad was stronger. He ended up winning so Satoshi put his hand up.
/Evil, that's what you are, pure evil./
Krad just laughed,/I know ,isn't it wonderful?/
 
It ended up being between three boys: Krad (with Satoshi was still sulking in his own consciousness), Inuyashas brother Sesshomaru, and a boy named Akira. Krad looked at both of his competition and smiled. One was a demon who he knew to love-sick over Sabrina, but not the same kind of person as Lucius. The other he just couldn't get. He didn't seem to have any interest in this play or anyone in the class, yet he'd willingly decided to participate. This intrigued him.
Sabrina sighed, her head on her desk. /Oh no, this can't be happening,/ she thought, /Not only do I know have to play Cassandra, but I have to kiss one of those three! /She turned her head just enough to look at Satoshi, /Though……/
/You want to kiss Hikari, right?/said the voice of Sabrina's angelic half Selaca, /After all, you do like him./
/I do like him, but…/
/But what?/
/There's just too many others who do as well./
/Like that matters. Look ,he did tell you how he feels, right?/
/No.../
/He's kissed you twice and he still hasn't said I love you to you?!/
/Yeah, what about it?/
/I'll kill him!/Lorana interrupted angrily,/How dare he!/
/Who, Satoshi or Dark?/Selaca asked sweetly.
/If I get my way? BOTH! Dark's a pervert and the idiot Hikari is leading our Sabby on!/
/He is not!/Sabrina said defensive of Satoshi's good nature, /He just doesn't show emotion well……/
/Still……/Lorana steamed.
She didn't get to finish her thought, because the bell rang, signalizing time for lunch. The class got up and left as they did, but by the time Sabrina regained her notion of reality, Satoshi was gone. She sighed, knowing exactly where she'd find her friend.