D. N. Angel Fan Fiction ❯ Dark ❯ Dark ( One-Shot )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]


Dark

Daisuke was afraid of the dark. This phobia had followed him far into his teenage years, and when Dark the Kaitou had appeared, he felt a strong sense of irony. But even though Daisuke was afraid of the dark, Daisuke wasn't afraid of Dark.
Dark was comfort, Dark was a strong presence—the person who gave him hope when others were unkind, or when life was harsh.
Coincidentally, Dark doesn't know of my phobia. It is kind of easy to forget when you're being pinned to something or there's that adrenaline running through your veins. But not now. Not now. Not when there was a lightning storm outside and Daisuke was hiding under his covers, hoping against all odds that Dark would sleep through this.
Daisuke jumped as thunder struck and the room seemed to get darker. Small rivulets of water began to collect on the window sills and softly Daisuke began to cry.
Dark woke up. And silently, he rubbed Daisuke's back, a soothing calm offered to him as he needed it. Daisuke looks at him, eyes full of tears and glistening, and hugs Dark hard, burying his head in the shoulder of his partner. Mumbling begins, asking for forgiveness, sorry he had been noisy, and Dark touched his back gently.
“Sleep,” Dark whispers. “Sleep, and I will awaken you tomorrow morning.” Daisuke shook his head and buries it further into Dark's shoulder. “Daisuke, would it help if I stay with as you sleep?”
Daisuke nods, almost imperceptibly, but his tears slow down and Dark holds him like this until he cries himself to sleep. When he finally does, he moves both Daisuke and himself under the soft covers, and moves to sleep next to him. Taking one final glance at Daisuke, he smiles.
Daisuke is smiling, and even though he is afraid of the dark, Dark will chase it away and be his comfort.

A very old drabble. I do not own D N Angel or any of the related things in this fanfiction.