D. N. Angel Fan Fiction ❯ just another love story... ❯ Lost memories ( Prologue )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Prologue
I ran through the dismal jungle at high-speed. My feet caught on branches and vines whipped at my ankles. Screams erupted from my mouth as I flew past venomous snakes and violent leopards.
I could barely remember why I was running. All I could do was keep on running. This fear had taken hold of my body and I was powerless against it.
And then it hit me. Smack-dab in the middle of the forehead.
My knees gave way and I found myself looking at the ground.
“Whoa, are you OK?”
“I-I'—mphh—sheing—sphots—ah—I —mphhh—!!!”
What?” the person asked, puzzled.
I rolled over and came face-to-face with the most drop-dead, gorgeous guy that I had ever encountered. His eyes were a blue as pale as the ocean but his face was warm and inviting.
He placed a hand on my shoulder and used his other hand to check my forehead.
“You're a little warm, you took quite a fall, miss, may I please take you down to my village for a check-up? You may have a concussion.”
“I-I-I-I-I-I,” I stammered, lost in his dreamy eyes. “Yeah… concussion…”
“OK, I'm going to take you to my village, then,” he said, relieved. He tried to pick me up, but I backed away.
“N-n-no! I-I c-c-can't!”
“Why not?” he asked, reaching for me. “You could have serious damage to your brain.”
“I-I j-just c-can't!” I sobbed pitifully. “I c-can't tell you why, b-but please, I-I'm fine!”
His brow creased with worry. “I can't just leave you here, miss.”
“I'm sorry!” I cried, standing up shakily and running off.
Footsteps followed behind me.
Whoa, he's fast!
I ran as hard as I could, tears streaming down my face. Please, stop chasing me!
A strong set of arms scooped me up and I was carried at an alarming speed.
“I'm taking you to my home, then!” He said finally, holding me close to his chest as he ran through the jungle.
The young man tried to stop once he saw the cliffs overlooking his village, but he had underestimated his speed and as he stopped, I was flung over the cliff and into the depths.
Immediate unconsciousness followed as I flew through the air. My last memory was wings, and unbelieveable contentment…
 
I awoke in a warm bed, animal furs draped over my naked body. Warm arms around my waist and legs around mine.
My first reaction was fear.
WHO IS IN BED WITH ME AND WHY ARE WE BOTH NAKED?????!!!!
I shivered and tried to pry myself from the unknown individual. I got his arms off alright but his legs were wound around me like a cobra.
I finally got myself away from the person and I found myself looking at the same…boy… except he wasn't a boy, he had to be at least 25.
Maybe it's his… brother, I reasoned.
Then…
WHY WAS I IN BED WITH THIS KID'S BROTHER???? I'M ONLY 15, H-HOW…
And as I turned to run off, I stopped.
In the mirror, I didn't see a 15-year old, I saw a woman. I saw… me, I think…
“WHAT IN THE WORLD HAPPENED TO ME???!!!” I shrieked, awaking the mysterious man.
“What's wrong? Come back to bed…”
“Who are you?! Where am I- w-what's going on?!!!”
He stood up cautiously and I shrieked again.
HES NOT WEARING ANY CLOTHES…OMG AND NEITHER AM I!!!
“H-honey… what's wrong? You're scaring me…”
“Why have I aged 10 years overnight? Yesterday, I was 15 and n-now… I-I dunno… but you must know! What happened?”
An older man walked into the room and he had a terrible sadness in his eyes.
“She can't remember, son.”
And I began to cry.
 
After two days of explaining and tears, I knew exactly what was going on.
I had been living in the village since that day. The boy and I fell in love and we are currently engaged. I was in the infirmary for two days after my accident. Then I got better, and seemed fine.
But I wasn't fine.10 years to the accident, I lost my memory. I lost… everything. I lost my adolescence… my aspirations… everything.