D. N. Angel Fan Fiction ❯ Snippets ❯ No More Sacred Maiden ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

No More Sacred Maiden:
 
Disclaimer: I don't own DN Angel.
 
Warnings: Shounen-ai
 
Wait, let me get this straight. You…don't have a Sacred Maiden any more.
 
“That's right.”
 
So…
 
“Yeah.”
 
Then…
 
“Yeah.”
 
…Holy crap. Dark was nonplussed, to say the very least. He was also curious. In all his years with the Niwas, he'd never, ever, ever come up against anything like the current situation. Apparently Daisuke Niwa, only son of Emiko and Kosuke Niwa, had decided that he did not like either Riku or Risa. It turned out that his feelings towards Riku were those of a brother towards a sister, and vice versa. Daisuke had long grown out of his crush on the younger twin and Hio-san…well, let's just say that if Daisuke had any say in the matter, he would most certainly not be in a relationship with her any time soon.
 
Dark looked up from his chosen spot on Daisuke's bed. Ever since Kosuke's discovery of the Dual Plate, an artifact that split people into `good' and `bad' sides, Dark had gained a body of sorts. Unfortunately, since the Plate hadn't been made with him and Daisuke in mind, 12 hours was the limit. “You mean you're telling me that I can't come out of you and that I have to summon my physical form every time I want to be solid?”
 
“Yes.” Daisuke scribbled the answer to one of the questions on the sheet that his History teacher had given for homework and flipped through the textbook, searching for another piece of information.
 
There was a pause. Then Dark thoughtfully said, “At least you won't have to worry about the Ice Prince pinning you anywhere any more.” Daisuke flushed and the thief continued, well aware of the discomfort he was causing his host. “But you don't mind, do you, Dai-chan?” He asked, a devilish glint in his eyes.
 
“What!” Daisuke whipped around so quickly it was a wonder he didn't get whiplash. “What on earth are you babbling on about this time, Dark?”
 
“Why, I'm just …giving you inspiration. Maybe your feelings changed because somewhere along the line, you decided little boys were nicer than little girls…”
 
“Huh?” Innocent crimson met mischievous amethyst and Dark sighed, reminded of a passage he had once read-`…I discovered there was a fine reason why her eyes had such a marvelous moronic serenity…' Indeed, he reflected. But he's not stupid.
 
“So,” the dramatic thief said, throwing himself onto the bed in mock despair. “Let's go through the ladies you know and hopefully you'll transform at one of them. We shall begin with…Hio? No,” he mildly said, seeing the look on Daisuke's face. “I think not. Mm…Sakura? Kuri? Hanabi? Ayako? Mina? Makoto? Still no? Hmm…” his brow wrinkled as he immersed himself in thoughts. “Menou?...please don't tell me it's Towa!” Daisuke only groaned before continuing his homework. After all, it wasn't as though Dark was being productive, anyway.
 
After about fifteen minutes of Dark's reeling off random female names (where he had picked them up Daisuke still didn't know), his History homework was completed. “…do you have some sick fantasy about Blue in your head, Dai-chan?” Daisuke wondered whether he should react properly, or whether he should pretend not to hear.
 
A pause. Then, “My God. You do!” Dark promptly buried his head in the pillow, ignoring the strange look on Daisuke's face. Contrary to popular belief, the redhead was not as…simple as everyone made him out to be. He, too, had normal hormonal urges (his transformations were proof of that) and he was not wholly sheltered from boys' locker room talk. In fact, he'd known all along what Dark was hinting at, only he felt it more amusing to pretend that he had no clue. Then the redhead smiled sweetly.
 
“No Dark,” he replied, “we don't all go for the quiet ones.” At the gagging sound from the thief, he knew he'd just scored a point. Now let's hope Dark doesn't start pushing back, he thought. That might be just a little too much. All right; so he was still somewhat naïve and easily embarrassed. Then there was silence. Daisuke looked up uneasily to his bed and almost winced. Dark was gone. Then hot breath tickled the back of his neck.
 
“Oh?” Daisuke could feel Dark's lips moving against the back of his neck. “So, what type would you go for then, Dai-chan?”
 
He pretended to hesitate. “Well…” Come on, take the bait!
 
“Or do you already have someone in mind?” Genuine hesitation. “Come on,” Dark gently coaxed the younger one. “You can tell me; I won't mind.”
 
Score! “She'd have to be…confident.” Daisuke felt Dark press closer and he was hard pressed not to just turn around and /show/ him. “And…smooth. She'd have dancing eyes, and a lively disposition. She would be easy to talk to and…” his tone softened. “…she's the most selfless person I know.” Long fingers trailed up his jawline, caressing the soft skin. Dark smiled at the change in tense and continued his actions.
 
“Really?” Dark murmured, his breath brushing the nape of Daisuke's neck. Dimly, the younger one noted that the thief smelled of mint. “Where did you meet?”
 
“We met…under unusual circumstances.”
 
A smirk. The redhead could feel the lips curving upwards on his skin. “Did you now?”
 
“H-hai.”
 
“Sounds like a love story.” The fingers continued to smooth over his flesh, tracing delicate patterns in a slow, sensuous manner. Daisuke flushed as they gently brushed over his lips before Dark moved his hand further upward and cupped his face. “She's a `he', isn't `she', Dai?”
 
Busted! “Why…what would make you think that?”
 
“This.” With that simple word, Dark whirled Daisuke around to face him and before the other could react, pressed his lips to the redhead's. Just as suddenly as he had kissed him, he disappeared and Daisuke was left alone, sitting in his chair, still holding his pencil, stunned. Fingers unconsciously made their way up to his mouth, where he could still feel the gentle pressure.
 
“Nani…”
 
Then Dark came out again and Daisuke was sitting in the recesses of his own mind, still in shock. Dark lazily stood up and stretched, smiling at the feeling of being completely solid again. With a chuckle, he checked up on Daisuke. “No more Sacred Maiden, hm Dai-chan?”
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
Truman Capote, `Answered Prayers'
 
Another one done. I know it's not as `deep' as the first one (sarcastic snort here), but it was just an idea. As for the quote, it's meant to be read in a gentle manner. I know writing is meant to be left to the reader's interpretation, but I feel that this is one thing you can't interpret any other way without losing the meaning of the piece. Thank you for reading and reviewing the first drabble, and please, please review this one! I'd really like to hear your ideas and stuff as well, so if there's anything you'd like to see up but don't have the time to write yourself, please let me know! Review and thanks for reading!