D. N. Angel Fan Fiction ❯ Trey ❯ The Calm Before the Storm ( Chapter 9 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Chapter 9: The Calm Before the Storm
 
Disclaimer: For the last time: I DO NOT OWN DN ANGEL! *Authoress sits down panting heavily*
 
A/N: Thank you to all the people who reviewed so far and supported me…yeah (this sounds like the beginning of one of those cheesy speeches stars make when they receive an award). Anyhow, enjoy the story! Any warnings that I might put here are now gone, you've advanced far enough into the story not to be disgusted (I hope) by anything here. Also, I would just like to apologise for a minor mistake: Apparently, Krad's eyes are golden. However, I used blue for his eye colour so I'm changing it from this chapter onward to gold. Could someone please just clarify for me: Are Krad's eyes blue or gold? Thanks! ^_^ Oh yeah…fluff and angst abound in this chapter (it's a weird combo, I know).
 
Dark closed his eyes in contentment as he lay with his head on Daisuke's lap (argh not that way you hentais!). It was a hot day, but the shade from the tree which the two were sitting under provided some relief as well as the slight breeze that was blowing around. Daisuke looked down at his boyfriend and stroked the wild but surprisingly soft strands of purple hair. Dark looked up at the redhead with a mischievous gleam in his violet eyes. “Hey Dai-chan,” he whispered. “You look so cute like that!” Daisuke blinked and cocked his head with an adorably confused look on his face. Dark couldn't resist the look and as usual, he raised himself up slightly on his elbows and kissed Daisuke. The redhead blushed furiously (still) but kissed back anyway. The two stayed like that for a while until Dark felt his elbows cramping and had to lie back down.
 
“Dark…” Daisuke asked.
 
“Yeah?”
 
“Someone's watching us.”
 
The purple haired lord jerked up. When he saw that Satoshi was watching them, he flopped back down onto Daisuke's lap again. “Hey creepy bastard, jealous?” Satoshi rolled his eyes at the older boy and joined the pair under the tree.
 
“You wish,” the blue haired Head of the Kitchens shot back. Everyone laughed, including Dark. Daisuke smiled down at Dark, who was now pretending to pout at Satoshi. The three chatted for a while about light subjects such as Satoshi's `look-but-don't-touch' attitude, Dark's flirtatiousness and Daisuke's inability to talk about anything related to public displays of affection (at which Daisuke turned beet red). All in all, it was a very idyllic scene. Lady Yuki had given the three boys a day off, something rare for both Satoshi and Daisuke. The redhead had spent the day so far just talking with Dark and sometimes kissing. Satoshi, on the other hand, had spent his day in the library. Although he would not admit it to anyone, he had a passion for reading that was unrivalled by anyone else's. He'd been itching to get his hands on some of those incredibly rare (and expensive) volumes that Krad had in his library and so had seized the opportunity that Lady Yuki had given him today.
 
“Hey Dai-chan?” Dark asked sleepily, opening one amethyst orb to peer at his lover. Satoshi raised an eyebrow at the nickname, but said nothing. He diverted his attention to the thick tome that lay on his lap. He'd taken it out from the library because the title had intrigued him and he hadn't wanted to spend the whole day cooped up inside the library. Curious, Daisuke looked over at the title of the volume, ignoring Dark for a moment. Satoshi cast him an amused glance, rather like when they had been younger and Daisuke would always walk over to his `big brother' to see what he was doing.
 
“Dai-chan!” Dark repeated a little louder than before. “What're you looking at?”
 
Daisuke answered his lover and then turned again towards the blue-haired boy. “Ne, Satoshi, what are we going to do about Krad?” He felt his best friend stiffen up, and Satoshi turned to face him. His blue eyes were a shade darker, which meant that he was tense and wary. Before he had to answer though, Dark cut in because he knew that Satoshi would probably lose his temper. Somehow, thoughts of the blonde ice lord always managed to set Satoshi off nowadays.
 
“Don't worry about it,” Dark said confidently. “Mom and I have already made plans, along with Sato-chan over there,” He nodded as he said these words, pointing his chin at Satoshi as he mentioned the other boy's name. Daisuke frowned, looking slightly worried still. He remembered all too well what would happen if Krad managed to get him again. His head began to throb and Daisuke clapped a hand to his forehead, trying to alleviate some of the pain that he was feeling. Dark looked worriedly at his loved one and frowned. “Daisuke, are you sure you're all right?”
 
Daisuke nodded, ignoring the throbbing pain that shot through his head. Dark frowned. “Isn't that the second time you've had a headache today?” the older boy asked. Daisuke nodded, but quickly reassured the other boy that he really was fine. Dark didn't seem to take this answer though, and mouthed something to Satoshi (who was sitting on Daisuke's right). The blue haired boy caught the message and paused thoughtfully before nodding. “One, two..” Dark counted. “THREE!” he bellowed and Satoshi leapt on Daisuke and began tickling his ribs mercilessly. Dark flipped himself onto his belly with amazing agility (considering his former position) and attacked Daisuke's belly, another sensitive spot with the boy. Daisuke laughed and writhed around on the ground, trying to avoid his two friends' hands. Dark seized an opportunity and groped Daisuke, much to the redhead's embarrassment and Satoshi's horror.
 
“Dark!” yelled a furiously blushing Satoshi. “Kindly leave Daisuke alone until you two are in a room, on your own!”
 
Dark snickered. “Gladly,” he drawled. “Would you like to know what he feels like?” Satoshi spluttered and choked, his face turning an even brighter shade of red than Daisuke's hair (if that was at all possible). Finally, he stood up and picking up his book, the blue-eyed boy stalked off bristling a little like an angry cat. Dark just laughed at his retreating friend's back, and then gulped as a gust of wind blew around him, building a wall of solid air between him and the rest of the world. Satoshi turned back to grin uncharacteristically evilly at Dark.
 
Daisuke could only stare in amazement at the wall of wind that had somehow built itself around him. ~I thought Satoshi was a healer?~ the lord thought, stunned. He had never thought that Satoshi was also a Wind Weaver. Then again, perhaps it wasn't so surprising. People always tended to reflect their power in their personality, and Wind Weavers were renowned for their cool and calm demeanour that could change in the blink of an eye. Satoshi definitely fit the bill there. Speaking of magic…Dark turned his gaze to Daisuke. Was Daisuke a Fire Forger? After all, Dark was willing to bet anything that he had that Daisuke could work with fire. All the Niwas could, and it was highly unlikely that Daisuke would be exempt from that power. He decided to talk to his mother about the redhead. Standing up with a decisive air, Dark nodded to himself and walked forward-right into the solid wall. “Ouch!”
 
Daisuke could only watch hopelessly as Dark glared at the Wind Cage that Satoshi had placed him in. Suddenly, the redhead smiled widely. He remembered the cave, and how that fire had just sprung out of nowhere and healed him. Maybe…maybe he could get Dark out of there with his magic! Daisuke frowned and concentrated, sticking his tongue out slightly like he always did whenever he was concentrating hard on something. Dark immediately stopped and could only stare and drool at Daisuke. The boy looked so cute regardless of the expression on his face!
 
Daisuke concentrated hard, forming images of fire shooting out of his hands. He'd seen pictures of people with fire coming out their hands in the books that Lady Yuki had given him when he was little. Suddenly, heat blasted in his face and Daisuke stared at the tornado of fire that now swirled around the Cage. To his amazement, the wall shimmered and the fire disappeared, leaving Dark behind. Both fire and wind seemed to have vanished out of existence. Dark could only stare in amazement at Daisuke, and then his worry for the boy's health came back in full force as the diminutive redhead collapsed on the ground.
 
Caverns:
 
Krad stared impassively at the giant ice mirror in front of him. The poison was starting to act up now, was it? Right in time for his ultimatum, too. Things just couldn't get any better than they already were, and the Niwa brat probably wouldn't even get enough time to control his power properly before the poison killed him. Headaches were the first stage, but overuse of your magic could speed the killing process up because it weakened you to the point of exhaustion.
 
Castle:
 
“Mother!” Dark shouted as he crashed into the Bay, once again holding an unconscious Daisuke in his arms (think about the look on Dark's face in the 1st comic when Daisuke changes for the first time). Lady Yuki immediately shot up at the sound of her son's voice and then fell back on the pillows wincing. “Are you alright?” Dark asked with concern in his voice. Lady Yuki sat up again (although this time a little more slowly) and faced her son.
 
“Of course I am,” she said sweetly. Dark shivered inwardly, and even Evil Dark cowered in a corner of his brain, too scared to say anything. “Now…” Lady Yuki's eyes narrowed, “TELL ME WHAT HAPPENED!” she roared. To the amusement of the healers, Dark screamed like a girl and ran out of the room. The lady only looked up at the ceiling and sighed. 3…2…1…BANG. The door flew open, and a sheepish looking Dark walked in again, this time with his arms empty because a healer outside had taken Daisuke.
 
“Er…I think Daisuke and Satoshi both have magic,” Dark said nervously, because he didn't know what his mother would do. Lady Yuki raised an eyebrow, looking at her son.
 
“Is that so?” she asked, absentmindedly twirling a stray strand of blond hair around her finger. Her blue eyes, however, were as sharp as hawk's eyes. Dark nodded. “How far are they?” Yuki asked. Dark frowned. From the little that he'd seen of Satoshi's magic, either the boy was mixed magic-half healing and half Wind-or else he had learned to control his Wind magic to the extent of its becoming incredibly versatile. As for Daisuke...well, his magic was quite powerful, enough to break a Wind Cage. Well…either that, or else creepy boy had deliberately weakened the spell so that it would disappear after a few hours.
 
“I think creep-I mean, Satoshi has trained a lot with his magic to the extent that he can perform spells. He cast a Wind Cage on me, so I think that explains the level of his power,” Dark said neutrally, ignoring the amused look that passed over his mother's face. “Daisuke is also powerful-he broke the Wind Cage.”
 
Lady Yuki raised an eyebrow. “Why didn't you tell me about this earlier?” she groaned. Now she had even more things to handle! As though he read her thoughts, Dark shook his head.
 
“I don't think Satoshi needs to be trained,” he said. “He's either half healing or half Wind, or he's trained with his power so much that it's become extremely versatile. I'm inclined to think that it's the latter.”
 
“What makes you think that?” His mother challenged him. Dark grinned, in spite of himself. He'd had to explain all the logic behind his assumptions to his mother every time he told her a fact, because she believed that it helped him to keep a firm grasp on the trail of his thoughts. In any case…
 
“Satoshi created a Wind Cage. You know just as well as I do that that is one of the most complicated spells to perform, and if he performed it quickly enough to trap me and correctly as well, then he has already surpassed the level that most people his age would be at right now.”
 
Yuki nodded. “Fine, but I will still get one of the castle mages to test him. He's a potential Wind Weaver, is that right?” Dark nodded. “Daisuke is a…?”
 
“Fire Forger,” Dark helpfully supplied. Lady Yuki nodded.
 
“Fine, Minako,” Lady Yuki said, turning to the young blonde healer at the bedside table. “I want you to track down a Wind Weaver and a Fire Forger. Tell them that they are needed to test two boys for power levels. Tell the Fire Forger that he may have to train someone.”
 
The healer nodded and swept out of the room, her orange robes billowing out from behind her. Yuki sighed. “She's a nice girl and she'll make a good healer, but she just needs to get her mind off boys.”
 
Dark blinked. Of all the things to say…well, never mind. “You're going to test them then?” He asked.
 
“Of course,” Lady Yuki replied, “They might prove to be useful if there is a battle, which there undoubtedly will be.”
 
Dark nodded. “I see,” he said softly. Then he grinned at his mother. “I guess I'll be seeing Daisuke then, since you don't seem to be too bad,” he laughed. Inside though, Dark was incredibly worried. He knew that Daisuke didn't just contract headaches and then pass out for no reason at all, but since his mother was still recovering and she had so much to do that he decided against informing her of Daisuke's condition. Of course, one of the healers just had to burst in and tell him that Daisuke had a Poison Shard stuck inside his leg.
 
Lady Yuki being Lady Yuki, and therefore concerned for the wellbeing of all human beings (and other creatures, for that matter) immediately asked what had been done. The healer immediately answered that they had taken the Shard out and given it to the Mages for testing. The Shard was currently in the labs being analysed, but since the men had only started a few minutes ago it was unlikely that they would get any solid information until the next morning. Dark, on the other hand, rushed past the healer as soon as he heard that Daisuke's life was endangered (again) and crashed through the heavy oak door.
 
Satoshi shut the door quietly behind him. He'd seen the purple whirlwind (or baka as he privately called it) go past-not to mention that the wind had stirred right before the teenager had rushed past him. Sighing, the blue haired teen slowly walked towards the bed when the door crashed open and hit him. The Head of the Kitchens was immediately knocked to the floor and sat there, glaring at the purple whirlwind also known as Dark.
 
Cavern:
 
Krad slammed his fist into the hard rock, golden eyes darkened with fury. D---! They found the poison! Krad had hoped that no one would notice that Daisuke got headaches on a regular basis until the Shard had dissolved into the boy's blood beyond any hope of recovery. He slammed his fist into the wall again, not noticing the cracks that spread over the otherwise fairly smooth face. Ice began to creep over the grey stone, sinking into the cracks that now riddled it. Without warning, the whole cave began to rumble as the whole wall collapsed due to all the damage that it had taken. Krad looked up silently, face completely devoid of emotion as suddenly a huge shield made of ice shot up around him, shielding him from falling pieces of rock. The blond lord watched unblinkingly. Soon, he thought, soon I will crush the Niwas, that interfering woman and her son. As for Satoshi…I think I'll make an example of him. Something to make the other servants think twice before rebelling. When the noise stopped, Krad let his shield disappear, closed his eyes and recited the ancient words required to recall the Army of the Demons.
 
Castle:
 
Dark ignored the Wind Weaver sitting on the floor at his feet and dashed over to the bed. Daisuke pay on the bed, ruby eyes wide open and staring at the ceiling apparently lost in thought. The older boy immediately hugged him and buried his face in the soft red locks, revelling in their texture. Satoshi looked at the pair and concealed a slight smile. He picked himself up off the floor, and walked over to Daisuke and Dark. Polishing his glasses, the azure-eyed boy walked over and gently tapped Dark on the shoulder. The purple haired teen looked at him and silently glared, wishing that Satoshi would not keep ruining his and Daisuke's `moments'. Just then, a violent shudder from the earth caused the whole castle to shake, and the sky turned red before reverting back to its original blue colour. The three boys were all thrown to the floor (Daisuke having been thrown out of the bed) and they sat there, completely stunned at what had just happened.
 
Lady Yuki:
 
Yuki stared horrified at the sky and grasped her bedpost, trying to steady herself as the ground continued to heave. He did not…! The light-haired woman turned even paler as the sky turned blood red. Krad, what have you done?!
 
Cavern:
 
Krad stared silently at all the demons gathered in front of him. The spell had worked, and he was now in charge of a horde of bloodthirsty creatures. There were demons of every age and type; some were in the guise of humans toting large weapons that no ordinary human could carry, some were in their animal forms. Others chose to show their true faces. Ogres, werewolves, kitsunes, sorcerers, Possessed; they were all there. Krad silently went over his speech in his head again, knowing that they would soon crave blood, more specifically, a certain three…persons' blood. He knew that Yuki and the others up at the castle would have felt the earth shaking, but he highly doubted that anyone would know what it truly meant. This was, after all, one of those ancient, long-forgotten spells. Admittedly, the woman would have access to his library, but the book had been long lost. The golden-eyed lord recited the spell to himself silently, remembering the time he had first come across it in his library. His father had been a fool, dedicated to peace. Not very different, in fact, from Lady Yuki and those idiots who called themselves the High Council. Krad stepped up to the platform and spread a thin net of Softness over all the demons and dark beings present, making sure that nothing was left uncovered by his magic. Softness was a very ambiguous spell; you could use it for good purposes as well as bad, and it wasn't forbidden because it didn't actually do anything; it just made people more open to your suggestions. Most of the time it had been used by mothers who wanted to control their children if they got particularly rowdy, but there were other, more sinister uses for it too. Krad made sure that nothing was spared from the strands of magic and he began to speak as soon as the horde went silent.
 
“Demons, sorcerers, Possessed, all…what do you feel for humans?” Krad knew he sounded stupid asking this question, but he knew that it would immediately trigger the creatures' hatred for the human race. Loud roars, screeches and yells greeted him. The harsh noises reverberated around the place, dislodging a few bits of stone from the ceiling. Krad nodded silently, as though he were agreeing with the demons. “Yes; they are pathetic, weak beings, are they not?”
 
Agreement reached his ears. Krad waited until everything in the cave was silent, and then continued to encourage them, feeding their hatred for his like. “But do you know what?” he asked finally, his voice softened to add the effect of sharing a big secret with the lot. The demons all listened, riveted both by the spell and curiosity. “Not all humans are responsible for your being sealed into the earth's crust,” Krad whispered. “In fact, only four of them are truly responsible, although many did encourage them to do so and even lent these four their power. They are a redhead, a blue-haired boy, a blond haired woman and a purple haired boy. They go by the names of Daisuke, Satoshi, Yuki and Dark respectively. And do you know what else?” The demons leaned forward, eager to find out where these four were and have their revenge. “They are in the castle above us!” Krad's voice rose to a shout and the flickering torches in the cave threw his face into stark relief, so that he looked like some angel with a terribly disfigured face. The demons shrieked with delight, their minds already filled with bloodlust. They danced around impatiently, only held to their places by the sheer force of Krad's will. “We march at dawn!” thundered Krad. Howls, yells, shrieks, screeches and evil sounds of every kind greeted this pronouncement, and Krad threw sleeping powder into the air and soon all the demons were asleep. The blonde lord turned around and left the cavern, satisfied. He would soon have his revenge. Outside, the dying sun turned the whole sky blood red.
 
Hospital:
 
Lady Yuki shouted orders for the army to gather, and for any able-bodied men to report to the army for a `crash course' in fighting. The women and children she told to go up to the hospital wing to volunteer to clean or help in whatever way they could. Daisuke (now standing on his own two feet but with Satoshi hovering around him like a mother hen) and Dark all stared at the people, the men especially. Satoshi inwardly prayed for all of them; he had seen the terrors of war whilst wandering the land, before he had turned up at Krad's doorstep. Sometimes, he still wished he hadn't.
 
Dark, on the other hand, walked around the assembled men and soldiers, reassuring the younger ones and joking with the veterans. He joked with the men and kept their spirits high. Daisuke meanwhile played with the younger children upstairs in the Bay and kept up the women's spirits, occasionally stopping to chat with Takeshi, Risa or Riku. Daisuke could now look Risa in the face without blushing or losing his head; Dark had taken that post. Risa, however, was still getting over Dark and would occasionally look out of the window at the lord strolling about all the fighters and sigh wistfully. However, it was to her credit that she did not glare, backstab or even try to abuse Daisuke in any way. Instead, she congratulated the crimson-haired boy on his and Dark's relationship, and treated him more or less the same as she always had-as a close friend.
 
Daisuke pretended to blunder around the hospital room, asking loudly where all the little children were. Everyone laughed and even the healers smiled when the redhead asked them where one of the children was. The whole room was filled with laughter and merriment, and this was the comical scene Dark came in to.
 
Dark grinned as he saw his lover playing hide-and-seek with all the children. His unruly mop of red hair was ruffled and his shirt was slightly wrinkled, a testimony to his having crawled under several beds and squeezed behind cupboards. His flushed cheeks and sparkling red eyes only added to the cuteness that the boy in front of him possessed. Ignoring the smirks on Satoshi's and Takeshi's faces, the lord covered the distance between him and Daisuke in two long strides. Daisuke looked at him, his hands full of toys that he had picked up after the children had all run off to hide. Grabbing the smaller boy in his arms, Dark swept Daisuke off his feet and kissed him full on the mouth.
 
Daisuke could only dangle helplessly in mid air as Dark swept him up. He kissed back, cautiously at first. Of course, the other teen managed to reduce him to goo within a matter of seconds. The moment was broken by a child staring up at them, her big blue eyes wide and curious. She then turned to the nearest `adult', a. k. a Satoshi (Takeshi having left a long time ago). “Why are those two boys kissing?” she asked, pointing at Dark and Daisuke who were still wrapped up in their own little world. Satoshi groaned and muttered under his breath about idiots who could not keep their hands to themselves in public.
 
The rest of the evening passed in a semblance of normality, except that some of the men were missing because they were on guard duty on the walls and grounds of the castle. Lady Yuki had also sent notices out throughout all of Krad's lands and communicated with the Lords about Krad's escape and what had happened. She only hoped that they understood the urgency of the situation and consented to send their combined armies. Yuki knew that if she had recognised the spell properly, it would take a lot more men than she currently had to win the battle.
 
Daisuke sat on the bed, smiling slightly at Dark's story. The amethyst-eyed lord was currently regaling him with a humorous story involving him, Lady Yuki and a pot of bright pink hair dye. The ruby-eyed boy laughed along with his lover and savoured the moment, just enjoying the company and the atmosphere of the room. Just as Dark had ended the story (and thus sent Daisuke rolling around the bed in laughter), Lady Yuki walked in, an amused smile playing around her lips. “Boys,” she said softly. Both teenagers stopped laughing and looked at her. “I suggest you go to bed-we have a long day ahead of us,” Yuki said. Although her voice bore no hint of fear, Dark could tell that his mother was worried about something. Daisuke nodded however, and was just about to leave the room to go back to his own (rather pitiful) sleeping quarters, when Dark caught his wrist.
 
“May I ask where you are going?” Dark said, his voice hinting at something. Daisuke frowned.
 
“To my room, of course,” he replied. Dark shook his head.
 
“No you're not…” the purple-haired lord murmured softly. “No, you're not.”
 
Daisuke's expression of bewilderment grew. “What…?”
 
“You're staying here…unless you want to go back?” Dark whispered, his eyes pleading with Daisuke not to go. Lady Yuki smiled to herself; they did make a perfect couple, just like what Satoshi and Riku had told her, albeit unwillingly (those two had been more reluctant to talk about Daisuke and Dark's relationship than Risa had, and that was saying something).
 
Daisuke nodded. “Okay…I'll stay,” he whispered back gently. Dark smiled softly at him and once again Daisuke melted with that look. Yuki resisted the urge to burst out squealing like some immature teenage girl.
 
“Well,” she said, clearing her throat, “I guess that you two will be sleeping soon then?” The pair pulled apart quickly and nodded. “All right then,” the blonde lady laughed, “Just don't do anything…naughty,” she dryly said. “Especially you, Dark,” she added with a laugh. She gracefully swept out of the room and closed the door quietly behind her.
 
“What about my friends though?” Daisuke asked uncertainly, “I should tell them that I'm sleeping with you…” He blushed profusely at those few words remembering Satoshi's `speech'. Dark could not help but chuckle quietly at Daisuke's behaviour.
 
“It's all right; you can go down to the kitchens now and tell them that you're staying with me. Besides, I have to talk to Satoshi anyways.”
 
The pair set off and soon they arrived at the kitchen. The servants were just preparing for bed and Takeshi was just dousing the fires as Dark and Daisuke entered. Immediately, the pair were surrounded by girls and Daisuke's friends alike, all of them wanting to congratulate the pair on their relationship. Dark basked in the limelight for a little while, but when he saw Risa and Riku heading over his protective half took over and he clutched Daisuke to him possessively. Then he noticed Satoshi and quickly walked over to the blue-haired boy, who hid a smile behind his hand as he saw Dark carrying Daisuke over bridal style. “Well?” the blue haired boy finally demanded, after he had gotten his emotions under control. “What is it?”
 
Daisuke pushed himself gently out of Dark's arms and landed on the floor. “Ne Satoshi, I'm gonna stay the night with Dark.”
 
Satoshi raised one eyebrow elegantly. At this look, Daisuke immediately started fidgeting. Dark could not help but blurt out, “What? We're not going to do anything!”
 
Satoshi smirked, amused. “Did I say you were?”
 
Dark raised his eyebrow. “No, but the implication was quite clear.”
 
“Ah. Well…in that case…were you planning on it?”
 
Daisuke flushed. “Of course not!” he indignantly protested.
 
The blue haired boy shrugged gracefully. “All right then…and Dark?” The purple haired lord jerked up as his name was mentioned. “If you do succeed, keep the noise level down will you please?” Both teenagers turned a lovely shade of red and hastily exited the kitchen.
 
Cavern:
 
Krad stared at the giant blade of his sword, his reflection slightly distorted by the curved surface. This was only a small part of the Niwa treasure though; it was the Oath Sword, given to him when he'd been forced to swear that cursed oath. It could still kill though…and if used properly it would wipe out a good number of soldiers in one swing (just like Inuyasha's Tessaiga lol). In another cavern lay the demons he'd summoned. They twisted and roared in their sleep, killing even in their dreams. The blond lord slowly shut his eyes and entered Plane 3: The Plane of Dreams. In this strange place, only accessible by means of sleep, you could meddle with someone's dreams if you had magic and if you didn't…well a weapon was still readily accessible. In this plane, you had the power to kill someone without their knowing it. In this plane, you had the ability to create disturbing dreams and scare someone witless-literally. Everyone had heard of Alwyn Taseka, who had gone to bed one night perfectly sane and woken up the next morning with no memory. In any case…Krad walked around in the dark emptiness, focussing on Daisuke in order to find his aura. He soon tracked the brat down and entered his dreams effortlessly. Krad slowly raised his hands in the darkness and advanced towards the golden light pulsing gently in the darkness-Daisuke's life force. Krad continued onwards, bent of crushing the light underneath his foot. Finally, he reached his destination. Lifting up his foot, he brought it down with a crushing force.
 
FWAHAHAHAHAHA!! Cliff hanger! Sorry people, I just couldn't resist that lovely temptation dangling right in front of me. Anyhow, thank you for everything guys, just bear with me. I won't say that this is the second last chapter…because this story seems to be growing a life of its own. Now my little munchkins, shoutout time!
 
starsTruck272: Hey hey! Nice talking to you again, fellow anime-lover and fanfic freak lol. Anyhow, now you do know someone who writes yaoi…haha. Thanks for the reviews…and well well, you have the same bday as Daisuke! Whaddya know…? Anyways, I loved your Detective Conan fic, even though I've never watched it before. Thanks!
 
Myinuyasha04: Hi! Another one of my loyal reviewers, I see. Anyhow, thank you for all the support and reviews that you've given me through the course of this fanfic. Dai-chan gets a large break here…and then dances with death right at the end. Ouchie…lol.
 
Reeper Redeemer: Thanks for the review! Uh…btw as a word of advice…don't tell the author that you got lost halfway through the fic…lol. Just kidding! Glad you liked what you could read of it…(hehehe). Thank you!
 
Staryday: Yay! Another one of my loyal reviewers! Thank you so much for everything, I owe you big time! You have my undying gratitude now and forever, till the cows come home haha.
 
Word dreamer 999: Lol yes I know, they're almost perfect together, aren't they lol. Thanks for your opinion on the usage of other anime characters…^_^ thank you so much for the review!
 
KageKitsune16: Lol you'd better not be after Dark or else he'll probably treat you like Risa…lmao. Thank you so much for all the support and stuff that you've given me since goodness knows when. What did you mean by you want Satoshi anyway, I kinda don't get it. Thanks once again!