D. N. Angel Fan Fiction ❯ Trey ❯ 10a: The Final Battle ( Chapter 10 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Chapter 10a: The Final Battle
 
Disclaimer: All right folks, let's get this over and done with. I do not own DN Angel, never have, and never will.
 
A/N: All right my little darlings (taken right from my History teacher's mouth), Auntie baka is going to read to you the story of two boys…-_-`. Whatever…thank you to everyone for their support. I'm almost done with this story, and this time it's no lie. Seriously. On with the story! Oh yes…the whole final battle turned out to be too long to write in one go so I'm posting it in two instalments…yeah.
 
Daisuke twisted slightly in his sleep as Krad entered his mind. However, he was too deeply embedded in sleep and just shifted his position on the bed slightly. However, when Krad brought his foot down on the tiny redhead's life force Daisuke shot up in bed, clutching at his throat and his eyes were wide with desperation, fear and panic. Next to him, Dark turned around sleepily. Amethyst eyes opened and in a flash, the lord was sitting up in bed and trying to help Daisuke. However, his actions were to no avail; Daisuke collapsed back on the bed. Dark rushed out of the room immediately, yelling for his mother and the healers as he went.
 
Library:
 
Lady Yuki squinted at the page of the book that she was currently trying to read. The writing was faded and messy, and the dim light of the candle that she had wasn't helping very much either. She was trying to find new spells to use in the inevitable battle, and this book was known to hold many powerful spells. Krad would have undoubtedly gone through this one, but it didn't hurt to know what your enemy had in his arsenal of attacks. Yuki suddenly heard shouting outside the door, and frowned. From what she could hear through the thick door, it seemed that someone had attacked Daisuke-this time in his dreams. She remembered the presence poking at her `mind guards' and guessed that it had continued onto Daisuke when it found that she was protected.
 
Healers' Bay:
 
Dark crashed into the room, startling the sleepy Head of the Healers, Amara. She blinked at Daisuke lying in his arms a couple of times before the gravity of the situation hit her and she immediately began shouting orders for the emergency team. Five healers, all dressed in white robes which denoted their rank immediately appeared and gently took Daisuke from Dark, who was bordering on hysterics. The purple haired lord insisted on coming into the room and keeping an eye on Daisuke. The five people conferred together for a while, and then nodded and let Dark follow them.
 
Daisuke:
 
Daisuke stared in wonder at the green fields that surrounded him. He recognised them; they were the castle grounds in which he'd been born. His mother stood next to him, her brown eyes sparkling with laughter as they always had. “Daisuke,” she said, smiling and cheerful as always, “I've missed you so much!”
 
“M-m-mother?” he asked, not quite believing his eyes.
 
She nodded. “Of course. Silly boy, who did you think it would be, your grandfather?”
 
“I thought you died…”
 
“Well…yes I did…it's just that I came to visit you. I've been watching you grow up. You've changed so much…” Emiko trailed off. Daisuke frowned inwardly; he didn't remember his mother being serious. He remembered her being playful and always smiling.
 
“You've changed too, Mother,” he whispered softly. Emiko turned to look at him.
 
“Yes…well, I suppose it's because you've grown up. I'm talking to you normally now, because I think you've grown up enough not to need to listen to baby talk anymore, hm Dai-chan?” At these last few words, the brown-haired lady smiled at her son and again Daisuke could see some of his `old' mother shining through.
 
The redhead laughed out loud. Emiko laughed along with him. “I have to go soon, Daisuke,” she said softly. Daisuke looked at her, and then ran towards his mother. They both hugged each other and Daisuke sniffled a little bit, overcome by all his emotions. “Shh…I'll never let you go…” Emiko held Daisuke close to her. Daisuke began to cry softly into his mother's dress, soaking the silk with his tears (hey, you would cry too if your mother died when you were little more than a baby and you only got to see her for a few minutes!). Emiko hugged her son tightly, making him cry even harder at the thought of leaving. “Don't worry…I'll never leave you…again…” Daisuke slowly fell asleep, having used up so much energy and exhausted from the overload of emotions.
 
Healers' Bay:
 
“S---!” A healer cursed violently as the colour slowly left Daisuke's cheeks. “Mara, get the others ready, he's gone into a coma!”
 
Dark's eyes shot open in horror. “What do you mean, he's gone into a coma?!” The older, more experienced healers ignored him; they couldn't afford to waste time answering questions, even if they were from a lord. Luckily for them, Dark understood that he would have to remain quiet, no matter how anxious he was. Around him, healers rushed frantically back and forth, some holding herbs and others salts to try to revive the unconscious boy.
 
“He's slipping away!” One of the healers who had stayed behind to keep an eye on Daisuke shouted urgently. “Quickly quickly, before he completely slips away!”
 
Luckily for them, they weren't too late. With the help of two of the most powerful healers in the whole castle, the team managed to get Daisuke awake and conscious again. However, as soon as he opened his crimson eyes, tears poured out of them. “Mother!” he sobbed. “Mother…”
 
Dark rushed to Daisuke's side and hugged him, trying to comfort the sobbing boy. “Daisuke…shh…it's ok…” Dark hugged and comforted the other teen as much as he could. The diminutive redhead whimpered quietly, his sobs dying down as he realised who it was holding him. Meanwhile, the healers (all assured that Dark would probably help more than all of them could) exited the room quietly, leaving the amethyst-eyed teen to look comfort Daisuke.
 
After Dark had finally managed to coax the entire story out of Daisuke, he gently hugged the younger teen and they stayed like that for a while, just enjoying the closeness of each other. Suddenly, a roar filled the air and the two boys whirled around to see the sun coming up and a horde of demons descending onto the grounds.
 
Krad:
 
Krad looked at the rest of the demons in the caverns. He had unleashed the first wave a few moments ago, but knowing their speed they would probably have already reached the castle grounds. Hopefully, there wouldn't be too much destroyed when he showed up. Turning once more to the crowd of demons, he unleashed a second wave of them onto the castle.
 
Castle Hikari:
 
Lady Yuki stared in horror as she recognised the lady with long, flowing dark blue hair standing at the castle doors. The last time she had met this woman, she had almost taken Dark's life when he was seven. Dark still remembered that incident; he'd escaped with a large scar that ran down his back and a head full of things that someone his age shouldn't know (all right you hentais, both good and bad things…-_-`). The woman had been sealed up during that battle, but apparently someone had broken it. The woman-or Possessed, rather, also seemed to remember Lady Yuki. Lifting up one pale hand, she faced the noble in the face and smiled coldly. “Long time no see, eh?”
 
Yuki clenched her hands. “Mienda,” she said quietly.
 
“Heh, I see you still remember me then,” the woman remarked. Her dark eyes were like chips of black marble, set in a pale face. One white hand rested lightly on the huge wooden gate. Yuki could already see the power sparking from the other woman; she was preparing to ram down the gates. “So,” the Possessed asked casually, “how's Dark?”
 
Yuki glared. “Better than you, that's for sure,” Her son was rubbing off on her-a few years back, and she wouldn't have even thought of a smart remark to throw. Mienda ignored the comment and instead focussed on the door. Suddenly, a loud screech rent the air and the horde of demons descended on the castle as the gate was smashed. Yuki screamed in horror as a large wolf demon leapt at her, snarling.
 
Healers' Bay:
 
Dark heard his mother's scream of terror and rushed towards the castle walls, knowing that she was there. To his horror, he arrived just in time to see the wolf demon land on his mother, its unholy red eyes burning with flames. The purple haired lord immediately formed a large energy ball in his hand and threw it at the demon. Luckily for him, the energy ball connected with the monster and Lady Yuki fell to the floor, her hand pressed to the large gash that the wolf had inflicted on her. Blood seeped out of the wound and Yuki grimaced, her white robes stained with red. “Mother!” Dark rushed towards the fallen woman on the ground.
 
“I'm fine Dark,” Yuki managed to gasp out. “Just…wait…” suddenly, a bright white light began to glow around her and she closed her eyes. The light pooled around the gash in her side and the wound closed itself. Dark grinned to himself; white magic was often like a living creature-it cared for you. Yuki slowly rose to her feet and looked down at the grounds, horror written in her light blue eyes. Dark looked over the walls and stared in horror. The courtyard was a picture of utter chaos and terror. People screamed and yelled, carts were overturned, the gardens were black and charred and worst of all, dead bodies littered the ground. Demons of every shape and size wrecked the castle, tearing stones out of the walls and destroying the castle. Luckily, all the women and children were in the Healers' Bay, which was a protected area. This meant that a shield had been made around the area so that demons wouldn't be able to sense it (and therefore destroy it). Just then, the alarm bell began to ring and soldiers poured out of the now broken gates. Without a further thought, Dark leapt off the walls and landed in front of the army. With his trademark smirk, he led the men into the first wave of demons.
 
Krad:
 
Krad rolled his eyes as he watched the makeshift army fight against his demons. They were doing quite well, for such a bunch of weaklings, he noted. However…these were only the weaker demons. They weren't meant to last against humans for longer than two minutes. Oh well, he thought to himself, I'll be coming for you soon, Dark. Daisuke and Yuki can wait…With those thoughts, he stood up, stretched lazily and prepared to enter the scene.
 
Castle:
 
Satoshi stared out the window in shock, looking at the chaos in the courtyard. Most of the demons were dead or seriously wounded, but he had a sinking feeling that they too had lost men. He closed his blue eyes and prayed hard. Then he thought of Dark, fighting down there alongside the other men that Lady Yuki had managed to round up. Dark, if you get killed, I swear that I will find some way to resurrect to and then kill you again…and again…and again…and…Satoshi growled. His `evil' half had just taken over. -Shut up-.
 
Daisuke looked over at the window and his ruby eyes widened in shock and fear. Dark…he hoped that his lover would not get killed or injured in any way.
 
Courtyard:
 
Dark slashed at another demon with his sword and whirled around just in time to see a giant snake creeping up behind one of the younger boys. The purple haired teen immediately leapt forward slashed at the creature, the boy beneath him still dealing with another demon. The boy stared in amazement as Dark performed a graceful back flip in mid-air and landed lightly on his feet, just in time to stab another demon with his sword. He winked at the youngster and said, “Can't have the snake getting you now, can we?” The younger teen was left to gawk at Dark as he returned to the fray.
 
Healers' Bay
 
Daisuke trembled as he saw the carnage on the courtyard. He was so afraid and shocked that he could only stand at the window, shaking and whimpering until Satoshi came over and gently guided him back into bed. The blue haired boy gently soothed his best friend. “Shh…don't worry Daisuke, don't worry, Dark's all right…” Daisuke shook his head, tears in the large crimson eyes.
 
“It's not Dark,” the redhead sobbed out. “It's all the other people I'm worried about! Are they going to make it through?” Satoshi could only look at Daisuke and then bow his head, as though to say that he couldn't make any promises either. Suddenly, a loud cheer rose from below and the two boys rushed towards the window in the room, hope filling their hearts.
 
Courtyard:
 
Yusuke yelled in delight as the last demon fell to the ground, dead. “We did it!” he shouted jubilantly. “We did it!” The rest of the soldiers that were either not too tired or just too quiet raised a ragged cheer. Dark just turned around and let his eyes scan the whole battleground, looking for any dead bodies that might have once been one of his men. He noticed with a strong feeling of relief that no one was dead-the only corpses were those of the demons'. He grinned at all the men.
 
“All right guys,” Dark said, “Congratulations. It looks like we've won the battle. Back to the Healers' Bay now, come on…” the men slowly turned their backs on the gaping entrance and walked slowly back into the castle. Just then, a loud roar filled the air and the army turned around. To their shock and dismay, Krad landed onto the ground first, followed by another horde of much more powerful demons.
 
“So, Dark,” Krad murmured mockingly, “We meet again.”
 
“Indeed,” Dark replied, his voice neutral. Then his tone of voice changed and sparks of fury seemed to fly from his eyes. “What do you want, Krad?” The amethyst eyes teen spat the name out with disgust, not even bothering to add an honorific.
 
“Now, now,” Krad chided mockingly, “Is that any way to treat your elders, boy?” The insult was clear and Dark stiffened slightly. “Now,” the blonde lord continued, his golden eyes hardening to chips of ice, “I know that you and your army are both tired and badly injured, so…I'll make you a deal. You give me back my castle and lands, along with everything that you and your…mother own and I'll leave you alone.”
 
Dark snorted in derision. “Really now Krad. I'm not an idiot, and anyone could tell you that it's an unfair bargain.”
 
“As you wish,” the blonde replied with an indifferent shrug. He then charged forward, unsheathing his sword in one swift move. The metal made a cold hissing sound as it slid easily out of its sheath and Dark mirrored the action.
 
Krad smiled coldly at the amethyst eyed boy in front of him He was bold, but foolish. You won't live for long Dark Mousy. I promise. He grinned and unfurled his white wings, hurtling forward to meet the younger lord with an almighty crash. Purple and gold collided and swords flashed, the rays of the rising sun glinting off the blades. Krad snarled and struck downwards, placing all his strength behind the blow. Dark just barely blocked it and the two stared at each other, caught for a moment in a deadlock. The dark teen growled and lashed out with a foot, intending to kick his opponent. Krad snorted and dodged the blow, lashing out with his other hand. It turned out that he had made an ergy ball with his free hand and Dark went flying into the wall, landing with a crash.
 
Healers' Bay:
 
Daisuke and Satoshi both stared out the window, horrified by the battle. What had originally seemed to be a small victory had turned into another fight, except that this time only one noble would come out alive. Finally, the tiny redhead could take it no longer. When he saw Dark get hurled across the length of the courtyard, Daisuke screamed and suddenly was surrounded by fire. Satoshi covered his eyes and could do nothing but back away due to the blinding light and searing heat. When it finally stopped the Wind Weaver stared at the spot where Daisuke had been. He gulped and then looked out of the window again to the scene below. To his immense shock and horror, a giant flame appeared and Daisuke was in the courtyard. There really is only one thing to do, thought Satoshi wryly. “Air Platform!” he shouted and jumped onto the wind cushion that appeared in front of him.
 
Courtyard:
 
Yuki could only watch silently as Krad and her son battled it out. Krad's golden eyes suddenly widened as a slash from Dark's sword caught his unprotected chest. Crimson stained the once white robes, slowly spreading. Krad growled. “You're going to wish you'd never been born, boy,” he snarled, angelic features twisted into a mask of hatred and fury.
 
Dark smirked. “Bit late for that now, isn't it,” he airily retorted.
 
Both men were suddenly distracted by Daisuke appearing in the courtyard, right between the pair of them. Dark's violet eyes widened and then he rushed forward, knowing that once Krad recovered he would definitely try to kill his nephew. Two seconds later, a gust of wind blew through the whole place and Satoshi appeared, sitting on his Air Platform. “Krad!” the blue-haired boy shouted. “Leave Daisuke alone!”
 
Krad raised one elegant eyebrow, but ignored the other teen. A minor annoyance, Krad thought to himself. “Daisuke,” he said smoothly. The redhead flinched slightly, but somehow managed to look him in the eye. “You've grown a spine, boy,” Krad continued. He ignored Dark, Yuki and Satoshi, his attention now riveted on the redhead in front of him. “I wonder…” Krad tapped his chin, golden eyes mocking. “are you up to fighting me?”
 
Gasps came from all around and Riku could only stand in shock. Surely Daisuke wouldn't take the bait? He couldn't! To everyone's horror, Daisuke accepted the challenge. Satoshi sat paralysed and in shock for half a minute, and then quickly jumped off the platform of spinning air. “Daisuke, you can't!” he shouted. His reputation be damned, he wasn't going to let Daisuke die if he had any say in the matter! Dark also jumped forward and grabbed Daisuke, whispering something into his lover's ear, no doubt trying to convince the teen to change his mind. Krad smirked.
 
“What's the matter, Dark? Afraid of losing your toy?” The last word was said with a sneer and Krad moved forward, as though to attack the redhead.
 
“You can't Daisuke!” Dark was close to tears now. He was so scared of losing the one he loved. “Please, listen to me! You can't fight Krad, he's too..!” Just then, he felt something tugging at him. Whipping around, Dark felt small tendrils of wind tugging at his clothes. He immediately turned his gaze to Satoshi and glared at the Head of the Kitchens after realising that he was the source of the miniature breezes. The boy shook his head and jerked his chin towards Daisuke, indicating that he (Satoshi) would handle Krad. Dark shook his head so vigorously that his long purple bangs flew from side to side.
 
Satoshi suddenly stood up, making the first sign of open movement. He stepped gracefully off the wind cushion and it disappeared. The blue-haired Wind Weaver silently stepped in front of his former master and opened his mouth to say something, but he was cut off by Dark. “I'll fight you Krad!” Dark glared at the lord after shouting his declaration. “One-on-one.”
 
Krad nodded coldly. He really didn't care, so long as he got his revenge. Besides, he had to think of a way to make Lady Yuki and her bastard son pay. “So be it,” the icy lord replied. His voice was calm, but his eyes glinted with a maniacal light.
 
Meanwhile, Satoshi had managed to grab Daisuke and was currently trying to get the boy to stay. Daisuke, on the other hand, was trying to run towards his lover. Satoshi felt himself getting a little weak-Daisuke's stamina had always been better than his. Finally, he used a small breeze to tie the redhead up and let go. He still felt slightly guilty, but he squashed his conscience mercilessly. It'll all be for the best, he told his other half firmly. It won't hurt Daisuke…at least, hopefully not.
 
Dark and Krad circled each other, both of them waiting for the other to make a move first. Krad smirked and idly shifted his grip on the giant broadsword. Suddenly, he lunged forward. He wanted to get this over and done with. Besides, Dark was no match for him in skill. The ice lord brought his weapon down, only to be countered by Dark's move. The next thing he knew, he was flying backwards and it was his turn to hit the wall. Luckily (or unluckily, if you're rooting for the good guys), Krad managed to make a sort of ice shield that weakened the impact slightly. He stood up silently and then moved one hand in a movement that most had never seen before. However, Dark was ready for the spell-and only just managed to throw up a sparkling purple shield to save himself from a curse.
 
Dark growled and launched himself at Krad, hoping to catch him whilst he was still trying to regain his balance. Unfortunately, he'd underestimated Krad's speed and the blond managed to slice the darker one right across his shoulder before he could retreat.
 
The two battled it out for a while, both preferring not to use their magic. Finally, Krad threw a torrent of fireballs at Dark and the younger lord was badly burned. He sank to the ground, breathing hard and clutching his sword arm. -He burned me!- thought Dark to himself. No duh, Evil Dark retorted. Now, haul your butt off the ground unless you want to see everything and everyone that you've met and liked die! With a primal roar, Dark sprang up from the ground and brought his hand back, preparing to unleash a giant Water Dragon. “Dragon of the Waves!” Dark shouted, and a giant blue dragon shot out of the palm of his hand. It headed for Krad, who merely waved a hand and the creature was consumed by earth.
 
“Bad move,” the other man remarked coldly. “Don't forget brat, you and your mother are going to die anyway, why are you putting up such a fight?”
 
“Because I can,” Dark retorted.
 
Daisuke watched the whole match and had stayed still and silent, although Satoshi noticed that his eyes never left Dark's figure. At times he had felt his best friend stiffen a little, whenever Dark got hurt. Satoshi, however, sensed that Dark would win, no matter how beaten up he was. He may have been younger and less experienced than Krad, but Satoshi had a feeling that something to would turn the tide in Dark's favour. At least, he hoped so.
 
Suddenly, Krad lashed out with his sword. Dark jumped to the side, but felt searing hot pain burn through him as he realised that Krad had turned his sword into a whip made out of pure lightning. As a result, the purple haired teen crashed to the ground, trying hard not to yell out loud.
 
-That hurt!-
 
No, really?
 
-Shut up-!
 
Dark furiously struggled with his evil inner half, trying to overcome the pain at the same time. Daisuke couldn't take it any longer and he cried out loud. At the same time, fire engulfed the bonds of wind that held him and Satoshi was forced to step away from the heat. He knew that there was no point in reinforcing the wind-it would only be overcome by Daisuke's fire. At the same time, fire engulfed Dark and the lord blinked. He felt the flames gently caressing his wounds, as though they were trying to heal him. To his even greater surprise, he felt all the pains go away, and as he watched stunned, the burn on his leg slowly faded away to be replaced by new skin. -Thank you, Daisuke, - he thought.
 
The flames flickered out of existence and to Dark's horror, he saw Daisuke suspended in mid air, held up by Krad's Ice Tunnel. The redhead was trying desperately to free himself; that much Dark could tell. However, he could also see that Daisuke's power had not yet reached its full potential and it was still no match for the blonde's. Dark suddenly saw red as he saw Krad swing his large blade up and towards the fragile teen.
 
Krad smiled. He was finally going to be able to cast off the last remaining shred of his ties to the Niwa family. He savoured the moment, enjoying the look of abject terror on Daisuke's face as he realised that he was going to die.
 
Daisuke tried hard to breathe properly. The Ice Tunnel was slowly squeezing his body and it was so cold! So…cold…can't breathe…Daisuke tried to stare at Krad with all the hatred he could muster, but the ice made him numb, unable to think. A loud roar suddenly reached his ears, but it only registered faintly in the back of his mind.
 
Dark roared with fury as Krad moved. He leapt forward without thinking and somehow managed to hurl a fireball at the sword. It hit the metal and Krad smiled as he batted the fire back. Dark managed to dodge, but the fireball just turned in mid-air and headed straight for him again. However, the younger lord was not deterred by this and forced himself to move forward, avoiding all the fireballs very deftly. He reached the giant icicle that had Daisuke trapped in its centre and with a loud roar, Dark smashed his now glowing fist into the ice. It cracked a little, but did not shatter. With another yell, Dark rammed his fist into the icicle and this time, he kept it there. Flames suddenly shot out of his hand and spread through the icicle, slowly turning it into water. However, this forced him to concentrate solely on destroying the icicle and Krad seized this opportunity to run Dark through. The teen cried out and Daisuke (who by now had managed to escape) screamed. From somewhere deep inside himself, Daisuke managed to create a Fire Dragon.
 
“Fire Dragon!” The desperate redhead screamed. At exactly the same time, Satoshi yelled, “Wind Dragon!” Everyone stared in awe at the two element dragons that blossomed out of their respective commanders' hands. Satoshi didn't stop to gape at Daisuke's dragon though; he followed up with a Wind Cage, aiming it at Krad. The blonde lord sidestepped the latter wind attack, but caught the full blast of power from both dragons. Dark lay on the floor some distance from the battle and coughed weakly. Summoning up the last ounce of energy that he had, the purple haired lord whispered, “Earth Dragon,” before collapsing.
 
Lady Yuki could only stare in horror as her son shuddered and then lay on the floor. A giant green dragon hovered over him for a moment and then flew towards Krad, its mouth opening to release a powerful blast of earth energy.
 
Krad growled and forced himself to stand up, although he swayed a little as he tried to. Reaching into his robes, he pulled out a card which Yuki, Satoshi and Daisuke could see shimmered with power. Krad hurled the card at the three of them, shouting hoarsely. None of them could understand the words, but instinct told them to shield. Satoshi managed to throw up a shield around him and Daisuke just in time to deflect Krad's Power Card. The two boys huddled together, watching as the waves of lava gushed over the shield. Lady Yuki, on the other hand, had decided to save her energy and had simply gotten out of the card's attack range. Krad glared angrily at all of them, raising one hand.
 
Without warning, bolts of lightning fell from the sky and landed on the ground, some of them dangerously near the crowd. They all moved backwards quickly, trying to avoid the lethal streaks of light as they fell to the ground. Meanwhile, Satoshi and Daisuke huddled underneath the barrier of wind that the slightly older boy had created and tried to wait out the barrage of attacks.
 
Krad stopped his barrage of attacks and silently eyed the shield which sparkled over the two boys. He then looked up and saw Lady Yuki approaching him, her blue eyes full of hatred and anger now. Before anyone else knew what was happening, Yuki raised both hands and uttered one word: Fatali.
 
Behind the shield, Satoshi gasped. He had heard of this spell, and the devastating effects that it had, one of which was a nasty rebound. The caster of this specific spell would most likely die along with the person which it was aimed at. Both of them would suffer the same amount of pain as they died, so it was only used by desperate people who often had nothing to lose anyway.
 
Dark stared in horror at his mother, wishing that he could get up. Unfortunately, the wound in his middle from where Krad had stabbed him was taking a toll on him and the loss of blood as well as his summoning of the Earth Dragon. Yuki raised her hands and looked straight at Krad, her blue eyes as cold as the ice that the blond commanded. Krad, on the other hand, was snarling angrily. “Fool!” he cried. “If I die, you're dying with me!” Right on cue, he began to cough and choke hard. Blood shot out of his mouth to land on the stone floor and Krad doubled over in agony. Lady Yuki, on the other hand, stood there motionless, as though she was not touched by any of the pains that were assaulting Krad.
 
The blond ice lord fell to the ground writhing and screaming in sheer agony, his eyes glazed over with pain. As though someone had suddenly healed him though, he slowly raised himself off the ground and began to laugh. His laughter held no mirth though; it was the laugh of a man totally gone insane. Satoshi paled and Yuki trembled. The same thought was on everyone's minds: What had gone wrong?
 
Cliffhanger! Sorry but I couldn't update for so long because school keeps me really busy and all…grr…also I had to attend my friend's funeral…sorry. Shoutouts:
 
Staryday: Thank you so much for sticking by this little story all the way through, I owe you big-time! I'm glad you approve of some of my more…random ideas. Luv yaz! And…another cliffhanger to torture you with lol.
 
Shatterednight: Thanks for the review, I really appreciated it, I mean it with all my heart lmao. I gave you half the battle and what happens to Dai-change, hope that satisfies you for now!
 
Last of all but not least: Aileen. I never knew you that well, but I hope that you'll find peace and a place free from trouble. Rest in peace, and God be with you always Aileen. I'll never forget you.
 
REVIEWS! REVIEWS! REVIEWS! REVIEWS! REVIEWS!