D. N. Angel Fan Fiction ❯ Trey ❯ 10b: The Final Battle ( Chapter 11 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Chapter 10b: The Final Battle:
 
Disclaimer: I don't own DN Angel, if you want it talk to Yukiru Sugisaki.
 
A/N: I am so sorry I keep telling you guys that my story is finishing and I never finish it when I say so…so I won't say anything. On with the story!
 
What had gone wrong? Yuki could only stare in horror as Krad continued to laugh insanely, as though he had completely lost his mind. Suddenly, he looked straight at the whole crowd and his golden eyes shone menacingly. “What a waste,” the lord sneered as he saw Lady Yuki fall to the ground, clutching her side. The previous wound that she had taken had re-opened itself and the effects of the curse were turning into a deadly combination. Dark still lay by the wall, completely helpless and forced to watch his mother as she slowly broke down. Daisuke could take the torture no longer-Krad had beaten and abused him and his friends for 17 years, and he couldn't take it any longer. “KRAADDDD!” The redhead's voice, hoarsened by anger and pain cut through the air.
 
Fireballs rained down from the sky, all of them focused on the blond lord. He pushed up a shield and smirked at Daisuke, silently daring him to break it. By now, Daisuke was so angry that he could barely think of anything other than killing Krad. Without missing a beat, the redhead changed his tactics. The fireballs suddenly stopped, and Daisuke eyed the shield thoughtfully, like a child would eye the pieces of a jigsaw puzzle. Without warning, streaks of fire raced over the shield that Krad had created and the older man gasped as he felt the searing heat seep through the now useless shield.
 
That wasn't all though; fire blossomed from the ground, right underneath the ice lord, forcing him to move hastily away from the searing heat. A large wall of fire suddenly surrounded the man, effectively cutting off everything-including oxygen. The blond lord panted for a while, but his expression soon changed to that of horror and shock as he realised that he would not be able to survive inside the fire cocoon for very long. Dizziness and nausea overcame him and he passed out onto the ground.
 
Daisuke trembled from the effort of trapping Krad for such a large amount of time. Finally, he could take the strain no longer and was forced to release the walls from around Krad. The blonde lay on the ground, apparently unconscious. Daisuke stared at the body unseeingly, red eyes glazed over and then fell backwards.
 
Satoshi barely managed to catch Daisuke as he fell backwards, the younger teen's body landing in his arms. His blue eyes still fixed on the blonde lord, Satoshi took a deep breath. “Dragon of the Sky!” A giant white dragon suddenly crashed down from heaven and stared at Krad, its large silver eyes unblinking. It then attacked the ice lord and with a burst of blinding white light, both Krad and the dragon were gone. Satoshi stared at the crowd silently, his analytical mind processing what would have to be done. He staggered over to the crowd, forcing himself to stay awake. Wait until Daisuke, Dark and Yuki are in the Bay, he told himself repeatedly. Wait till they're in good hands, and then you can pass out. Riku and the rest of the kitchen staff rushed forward, all of them eager to help and shaken from the fight that they had just witnessed. The younger ones, like the five-year olds, stared at Satoshi in awe, their big innocent eyes as round as saucers. Without warning, the giant Sky Dragon that the teenager had summoned re-appeared, its silver eyes fierce. It looked at the crowd and then at Satoshi. A voice blasted into the blue-haired boy's senses, although not by his ears. It sounded in his mind, like the creature was talking to him telepathically. <<Is there anything else you need?>>
 
“WHAT?!” Satoshi was shocked and amazed at this occurrence. “You can talk?!”
 
<<Of course I can. There's no need to yell so loud!>> Evidently, the dragon had a bit of a temper. <<And judging from the looks of you and those people over there, you're in serious need of help kid.>> Satoshi glared at the dragon, despite the predicament he was in.
 
“I'm no kid,” he dryly remarked.
 
<<Yeah, whatever you say,>> came the calm reply. <<Now do you want me to help you or not?>>
 
“What makes you think that I'd trust your advice?”
 
<<Well,>> the dragon replied, its voice drawling slightly, <<There is the fact that I brought that blonde to the Sun Castle for you, and there is the fact that I haven't killed anyone yet…>>
 
“All right, all right.” Satoshi was still a little wary of the creature that he had summoned, but it didn't seem like he had any other choice. Besides, apart from a sardonic attitude much like his own, the thing didn't seem to be the type to kill someone just for the fun of it.
 
<<You could be a little nicer,>> the dragon looked at Satoshi. The blue haired boy narrowed his eyes and examined the look on its face. If he hadn't known better, he would have said that the thing was pouting. Forcing himself back to the present, Satoshi suddenly remembered the hellish army that Krad had summoned. It was just as well that he did, because at that moment, the demons chose to start attacking again. It was true that the disappearance of their leader had shaken them, but these guys would not stop until their bloodlust was satisfied.
 
Satoshi yelled for everyone who was not capable of fighting to run for the castle. To his surprise, all the soldiers stayed on the field. He saw Heero, forcing himself to stand up even though he had taken numerous slashes and burns. Kuwabara was staggering towards his captain, dragging an exhausted Yusuke behind him. The soldiers forced themselves to regroup, knowing that they were safer in a large group than just by themselves. A giant, fire-breathing snakelike creature descended upon the remnants of the army and killed most of the archers in one fell swoop. The silver dragon eyed the worm for a moment and then flew up into the air once more, attacking the creature with its teeth. The worm screeched and fell from the sky, bleeding in forty different places.
 
<<Hm, do you need help here?>> Satoshi rolled his eyes.
 
“Do you have to ask?”
 
<<Just wondering,>> the dragon retorted. <<Don't worry. I'll take care of these guys. You and the others just go upstairs, okay?>>
 
“You sure?” Satoshi was worried about the dragon; he couldn't believe that he was already concerned for the welfare of a creature that he had summoned. The dragon nodded.
 
<<Nothing I can't handle. Now go, before you and your little friends become toast.>>
 
“What about him? And her?” Satoshi pointed towards Dark and Yuki, both of whom were lying unconscious. “We can't just leave them lying there!”
 
Heero and Trowa both moved forward. “We'll take them,” the two boys volunteered, despite their wounds. Satoshi frowned. “Just take Daisuke and go,” Heero said, his voice calm as ever. “We won't let Dark or Lady Yuki die. We'll come after you, okay?” Satoshi looked at the pair for a moment, deliberating. He finally nodded, and then summoned not one, but two Air Platforms.
 
“If I'm going, you're going,” he said with a small smirk at the two men. “Hop on.”
 
The four of them flew up to the Healer's Tower, towards the window that was now their only hope of saving Dark, Yuki and Daisuke.
 
Meanwhile, the battle raged on. Duo, Heero's second in command, now instructed the group of remaining soldiers on how to fight. The silver dragon ignored the small ragged army, however, and threw itself against the demon horde. Roaring with fury, the majestic creature spread its wings and blasted a cold, icy wind at the horde, freezing the front lines to death and slowing the slower ones down even more. A Possessed sorcerer shrieked with fury and threw an Earth attack at the Sky Dragon, but it was too weak and the dragon clucked in disapproval. <<Tut tut, Possessed. Didn't you learn in your younger days not to play with higher level dragons?>> A gust of wind, and she was gone.
 
Duo and the others engaged in close combat, taking out the demons who had managed to sneak past Satoshi's dragon. The giant silver creature soon got bored of toying with the horde, however, and roared. <<Tornado of Oblivion!>> A giant tornado swept the horde away, and the dragon continued. <<Sealing Winds!>>
 
A hum filled the air and grew in volume and pitch until it was too high for anyone to hear, except for maybe the castle animals (who had better hearing than the humans). The earth quaked, and then there was silence. However, the demons were gone, sealed away hopefully for a long time. The soldiers stared in awe at the dragon, which now landed on the ground in front of them. Duo gulped inwardly as a giant, silver eye came closer to inspect him. <<It's over.>> Duo felt a soothing presence in his mind, comforting him. Judging from the looks on his friends' faces, he had a feeling that he wasn't the only one being comforted. A bright white light shimmered around the weary and wounded men, and they knew nothing more.
 
Healers' Bay (Dark's Room):
 
Dark opened his purple eyes slowly, trying to remember where he was and what had happened. The events of the last few hours came crashing down on him, and he immediately began trying to stand up in order to find his mother and Daisuke, and make sure that they were all right. His plans were thwarted however, as he felt a stabbing pain shoot through his whole body and he collapsed back on the bed. A tall healer came in through the door, his blue robes billowing out behind him. “Lord Dark,” the healer reprimanded him. “You shouldn't try to get up at the moment. You're still very weak, and badly injured.” Dark frowned but didn't try anymore.
 
“Are my mother and Daisuke all right?” The healer blinked, caught off guard for a moment, and then he looked at Dark seriously. “Lord Dark, you have to promise not to yell,” he said seriously.
 
What?! The nerve of this man! Evil Dark ranted. Dark, however, shut the little voice out of his mind and said politely, “Is it very bad?”
 
The healer nodded and then looked at the floor. “Lady Yuki…Lady Yuki is dead, Lord Dark.”
 
Dark stared in horror at the man. Surely he was joking…his mother couldn't die; she always said that if she died, it would be in bed and not on a battlefield. Surely…Dark placed both his hands on his head and rubbed his temples. “She's…dead?”
 
The healer solemnly nodded. “She died just this morning, Lord Dark.”
 
“Don't lord me,” Dark said absentmindedly, his brain still trying to process the fact that his mother was dead. Whilst he sat in silence, the healer left. Then…”NO!” Dark angrily punched the pillow. -She's not dead…she can't be dead, she's too strong to die!- The purple haired teen felt his eyes stinging, and he suddenly couldn't see properly. Rubbing his eyes, he stared at the glistening streaks of water across his hand. -I'm…crying?- Amethyst eyes stared at the quickly drying water, grief and pain written in them. “Mother…” he whispered. Memories of her laughing, her playing with him when he was a child, memories of her teaching him how to bake bread…-She can't be dead,- the boy whispered.
 
In the kitchens:
 
Satoshi kept an eye on Amaya. He stared at the soup although his mind wasn't really concentrated on the food. Instead, his thoughts were with Dark and Daisuke. The healers had said that Daisuke would get better with time and that all he needed was some rest and food, but they hadn't said anything about Lady Yuki and Dark. Stupid healers, Satoshi thought to himself. They act all humble and normal around the nobles, but once they're gone they become arrogant and snobbish. Of course, there were exceptions to this, such as Maya, but…well, the majority still bordered on arrogant, if not downright snobbish. Shaking himself out of his thoughts, Satoshi barely managed to dodge getting splashed by soup as the trainee cook accidentally dropped a particularly large lump of potato into the giant pot that she was stirring. “If you insist on throwing things like that, Amaya, you should not be here at all.” Satoshi smoothly said. The girl flushed a dark shade of red and mumbled something that sounded vaguely like a sorry. The blue-eyed boy sighed inwardly and decided to head upstairs to the hospital. Since he'd summoned that dragon, everyone in the whole castle had been treating him like he was their leader. Speaking of the dragon…
 
<<Boo.>> Satoshi sighed again and looked around for any sight of the creature. It had flatly refused to go back to…well, wherever he had summoned it from. It had told him that life in the human plane was a lot more interesting than the sky, and despite all of Satoshi's attempts to explain that battles only happened every now and then, the dragon still refused to leave. The blue-haired boy groaned out loud and turned around to the dragon, greeting it silently. He had gotten the hang of telepathy after a while, although it was still quite scary to think about `it' and suddenly find himself nose-to-nose with the animal.
 
//Shu.//
 
<<Good afternoon to you to, kid. Where you going?>>
 
//To see my friends.//
 
<<Ah.>> The dragon rolled its expressive silver eyes, scales iridescent with the sunlight that poured in through the window. <<Can I come?>>
 
Just then, Risa came out of the kitchens and she squealed with delight at seeing Satoshi. Since Dark was in the Healers' Bay, she couldn't talk to him, and her `new crush' became Satoshi, much to the bluenette's chagrin. His dragon seemed to find this most amusing, and Satoshi ground his teeth together as she latched onto him and the dragon's laughter sounded in his head.
 
Risa hugged Satoshi hard, burying her face in his chest. “Sato-kun!” she chirped happily. Her brown eyes stared up at the Head of the Kitchens, sparkling with hope. “I baked some cookies for you, but they're in the kitchen. Come with me please?” Satoshi looked at the shorter girl, suppressing a sigh. He meant to nod, he really did, but…well, somehow he ended up in the kitchen again, this time with Risa on his arm.
 
“Here!” The girl shoved a tray of blue…things…into his hands. Behind them, Satoshi could still hear the dragon cackling away. Finally, he could stand it no longer and turned around. To his dismay, the creature was rolling around on the kitchen floor, laughing so hard tears were coming out of its eyes. Most of the staff had abandoned their tasks and stood around him, Risa and the dragon. Satoshi gulped as he noticed Riku glaring at him, tapping her rolling pin against the palm of her other hand in a menacing way. Abandoning his dignity and reputation, the blue-haired Ice Prince dashed for the Bay, yelling for help.
 
Daisuke:
 
Daisuke stared up at the ceiling numbly. He couldn't believe that Lady Yuki was dead, and yet he had seen them carrying her body past the door of his room. He wondered how Dark was feeling right now, and whether Satoshi had found out yet. He had been awake for a few hours now, but no one had come in to check him yet, probably because they were so busy with the other wounded soldiers. Daisuke heard a soft sniff, and he turned around to see Quatre, tears pouring down his face. A loud scream rent the otherwise silent air, and Daisuke didn't know how he did it, but…he knew on instinct that it was Dark. They must've told him, he thought to himself. He wanted so badly to reach out and hug Dark, tell the purple haired boy that he would still be there for him. He wanted to get out of this bed and go to Dark. Ignoring the throbbing pain in his legs and whole body, Daisuke forced himself to get out of bed.
 
“Where are you going?” The redhead, so wrapped up in his own thoughts, had completely forgotten about Quatre. “Where are you going?” the blonde repeated. His voice held nothing in it-just curiosity. The redhead turned to face the slightly older soldier and replied that he was going to see Dark.
 
Quatre smiled slightly. “Ah. Well, since you look like you're in pain, perhaps you'd like me to give you some advice?”
 
Daisuke nodded. The blonde seemed to be nice enough and besides, the redhead had a feeling that the other boy was full of good intent. “Sure!”
 
Quatre smiled at the way the boy responded, but he could still feel the teen's pain and sorrow. He too, felt sorrow at Lady Yuki's passing. The spell had taken too much out of her and she had died two hours after the battle. “Well,” Quatre said, “Have you made a Fire Platform before?”
 
Daisuke frowned. “What is a Fire Platform?”
 
Quatre explained. “Remember the way Satoshi appeared on the battlefield? When he was sitting on that platform of wind?” Daisuke nodded. “Well, it's the same thing except that you use fire.”
 
“Oh,” was all Daisuke could say. “What if…?”
 
As though he had read the other boy's mind, Quatre continued. “It's like all the other times you've handled your powers. Concentrate on getting to Dark. Visualize yourself sitting on a large sheet of fire and moving through the corridors silently. Concentrate on that. Focus on that image. Concentrate…”
 
Daisuke shut his eyes and tried his best to see the Fire Platform in his mind's eye. However, Dark kept popping up and finally Daisuke just focused on getting to Dark. A large tornado of fire suddenly engulfed him and he disappeared. Quatre smiled. Dark, you are very lucky to have someone who cares for you so much.
 
Dark's Room:
 
Dark was asleep. His eyes were closed and his face was peaceful, but if one bothered to look closely one could see the dried tear trails that had coursed their way down his face as he cried himself to sleep. Bright light suddenly exploded in the room, accompanied by a surprisingly soothing warmth. Daisuke appeared in the room and with a squeak of pain he collapsed on the floor, his legs giving out. Sleepy, swollen amethyst eyes opened to peer around the room before catching sight of the redhead on the ground. “Dai-chan!” Dark fairly shrieked before regaining his composure. “What are you doing here?!”
 
Somewhere in the castle stairways:
 
Satoshi rushed up the stairs, fervently hoping that he would get to the Bay before Risa caught up to him. Behind him, he could still hear the sound of Risa's footsteps. They abruptly stopped and Satoshi turned around. To his horror and dismay, the brown haired girl was sitting on the floor bawling. S---! He thought. Now what?
 
Down below, Risa sobbed. Why didn't Satoshi like her? Was she ugly? Was she stupid? Was she…? Why didn't he like her? She was the perfect girl for him: kind, caring, unselfish, loving and of course cute. Couldn't he see? They were the perfect match!
 
Satoshi wavered on the stairs. Part of him wanted to go back down and apologise to her for what he had done, but another part of him wanted to just continue up the stairs. His decision was soon made when the dragon told him, <<She's genuinely crying. >> Satoshi slowly walked back down the stairs and awkwardly wrapped an arm around the girl, trying to comfort her. After around an hour, Risa finally stopped crying and Satoshi breathed out a sigh of relief. He slowly stood up and reached a hand out to the brown-haired girl, who gratefully took it. The pair stood up and slowly continued up the stairs with the dragon whistling a love song under its breath.
 
Daisuke and Dark:
 
Daisuke looked up sheepishly at Dark from his current position on the floor. “Well…you see…I saw Lady Yuki too…and…I thought you might want me…” he trailed off blushing furiously.
 
Dark could only marvel at how selfless Daisuke was. He knew that the redhead must be suffering from the loss too, but he still came over to make sure that Dark was all right. This act of kindness caused the purple haired lord to burst into another fit of tears and grab Daisuke. The redhead choked and spluttered slightly, shocked at first by the sudden loss of oxygen, but soon he recovered as Dark's grip loosened and the lord fell into sobs again. Daisuke forced himself to rub the lord's back and whisper soothing words to him and soon the pair fell into a fitful sleep in each other's arms.
 
Dark stirred. He felt someone else's magical presence in the room and slowly cracked one purple eye open. His blurry vision caught a glimpse of sky blue and he shot up, immediately wide-awake. In his arms, Daisuke shifted and mumbled something, snuggling closer to Dark in the process. Dark nodded at Satoshi, unable to force anything close to a smile as the previous hours' events tumbled down onto his head.
 
Satoshi stepped into the room and immediately sensed that something was wrong. The wind swirled around him like a live creature, whispering in his ears. It only served to amplify the stillness in the room and Satoshi slowly asked, “What happened?”
 
Amethyst met blue and Satoshi was shocked by the pain and sorrow in the violet orbs. “What happened?” he quietly asked. Dark stared at him and then laughed bitterly.
 
“Wouldn't you like to know.”
 
“Yes I would,” Satoshi said, his voice as even as ever.
 
Dark was silent for a moment, his eyes drifting downwards to look at Daisuke and he stroked the redhead's hair a couple of times. He slowly looked up at Satoshi and then he noticed Risa standing behind the blue-haired boy, brown eyes fixed on him adoringly. He glared at the girl as a warning to keep her hands off Daisuke. Running a hand through his unruly purple locks, Dark faced Satoshi. “She's dead,” he whispered.
 
The pale boy standing in the doorway turned even paler, if that was at all possible. He slowly walked over to the bed. “I'm sorry,” he whispered quietly. Outside, the sun shone as though it had no idea of what had happened inside Castle Hikari. Risa, meanwhile, sniffled and ran to the bed, bawling. She collided with Satoshi and the pair fell forward on top of Dark and Daisuke with Risa on top of Satoshi. Despite his uncomfortable position and the feelings running through him at the loss of his mother, he couldn't help but chuckle. Risa, completely oblivious to everything but the fact that she was on top of her crush, immediately latched onto Satoshi like a leech and continued bawling. It wasn't that her feelings weren't genuine; she could tell that Dark and Daisuke were all sad, and she didn't like seeing her friends sad. Meanwhile, the silver dragon that Satoshi had summoned was cackling away and Dark somehow managed to prop himself up to see where the odd noise was coming from. Purple eyes widened and then twinkled with an evil light. The dragon suddenly stopped laughing and just as Satoshi turned around; it created a sort of mini cyclone. Except…this cyclone was in the shape of a heart. And the heart just happened to be around Satoshi and Risa's heads, making it look like a photo of them in a blue heart-shaped photo frame. Dark could not help but laugh and laugh.
 
Satoshi jerked up from trying to comfort Risa as soon as he heard Dark laugh. He remembered from past experience that whenever Dark laughed, it was usually because he was in big trouble. A look upwards, and Satoshi immediately knew what the matter was. “SHU!” Abandoning his composure for the umpteenth time, he went after the Sky Dragon with a vengeance. Risa rolled off Satoshi and landed on another empty part of the bed. She quickly got up and ran after Satoshi, asking him what the matter was.
 
Daisuke, who was now fully awake from all the fuss and commotion, looked at Dark bemusedly. “Wha…?”
 
Dark finally got himself under control and explained. “Well, you remember that dragon Satoshi summoned?”
 
Daisuke nodded, smiling. “Well…you know how it has the power to control air just like creepy boy?”
 
Daisuke again tried to stop Dark from abusing Satoshi's name, but to no abail. “Oh, just let me finish!” The amethyst-eyed lord continued with his story, the grin on his face increasing in size with the saying of every word. When he got to the part about Satoshi jumping off the bed and running after the dragon, Daisuke burst out laughing as well. The two boys laughed together, content for the moment to enjoy each other's company and forget about their troubles.
 
Satoshi:
 
Satoshi rushed down the stairs, miraculously not tripping over anything or knocking any of the servants out of the way. Suddenly struck by an idea, he stopped. If he remembered correctly, the dragon had told him on one of their little talks that it liked eating…dumplings in soya sauce. The blue-haired boy paused and then continued down the stairs, although this time at a more sedate pace. He would catch the creature, no matter how many dumplings he had to make!
 
Daisuke and Dark:
 
Dark grinned evilly at Daisuke, pinning him down to the bed. Daisuke had playfully ticked him. This simple action had led to a mini tickle-war with Dark emerging victorious. Daisuke looked up at him, eyes glowing with laughter and happiness. “Now,” Dark whispered, an evil glint coming into his eye. “I win.”
 
“Of course,” Daisuke replied. “Your point being?”
 
Dark's grin widened. “I get a prize,” he whispered, lowering his face even more so that he was only a few centimetres away from the cute redhead. Without warning, he pressed his lips onto Daisuke's and kissed the redhead almost senseless. They soon got into a heavy make-out session until…
 
“YO DAISUKE!” The door crashed open and Takeshi barged in, carrying a huge tray of food. “Riku told me to give this stuff to you and Dark, she made it herself though, so be careful!” Daisuke rolled his eyes; it was a known fact that Riku and Takeshi were somewhat at odds with each other. At least she was a better cook than Risa (though he would have died before admitting that before Dark came along). Daisuke gratefully accepted the tray of food from Takeshi and picking up a spoon cautiously, he began to eat. Noticing the look on Dark's face, Daisuke looked at the spoonful of food that he was holding, then at Dark, then back to the food. He beckoned the purple-haired lord over and Dark crawled over, curious. As soon as he settled down again, he found a spoonful of food shoved into his mouth.
 
“Eat.” Daisuke's voice was firm and brooked no argument. Dark slowly chewed the spoonful of chicken contemplating his mother's death. The delicious food turned to ashes in his mouth and he forced himself to chew it, tears pricking his eyes. An odd salty taste filled the roof of his mouth and Dark shut his eyes, trying hard not to cry. He swallowed and without warning a hand draped itself over his shoulders. He looked to his right and saw Daisuke awkwardly trying to hug him (it's a bit hard to hug people when they're lying down). Dark let the emotions wash over him and he sobbed into Daisuke's shoulder. Exhausted from his crying, Dark fell asleep again. Daisuke looked at the lord in his arms and whispered, “I'll always be there for you Dark. I love you, always and forever.”
 
A few weeks later, in the garden:
 
Dark draped himself over Daisuke, purring into the shorter boy's ear as he did so. “Hey Dai-chan,” he whispered seductively. Everyone had recovered quickly from the demon battle, thanks to the healers and the relatively relaxed lifestyle that most of them had been leading. The funeral had been about a week before, but Dark knew that he could not mourn over Lady Yuki for the rest of his life; her ghost would probably have come back to haunt him otherwise. He still remembered her, and prayed for her (naturally), He still remembered her, and prayed for her (naturally), but he also remembered to have fun with Daisuke. The redhead smiled slightly, although he had to bend over a little due to Dark's greater height and weight.
 
“What's the matter?” he asked, smiling. Dark grinned evilly; it was always fun to torture the younger boy.
 
“I want to…” The purple haired bishounen trailed off, smirking at the heat that rose from the other boy.
 
Daisuke could not help but blush furiously. Since Dark had gotten over his mother's death, he'd teased the poor redhead mercilessly. The scary part was, he was sure that Dark meant something lewd but he couldn't figure out what it meant for the life of him. Just as Dark was about to complete his sentence (and turn his face an even worse shade of red), Satoshi came over. Behind him, his dragon floated lazily, its silver eyes half closed. The blue-haired genius smirked at the pair. “Do continue, Dark,” he drawled, “I'm curious to know what you're teaching Daisuke, since he's started asking me what various…terms mean.” The dragon raised an eyebrow and nudged Satoshi with its nose. The blue-haired boy had a feeling that if dragons could smirk, it would have been doing so wildly.
 
Dark glared at Satoshi. “Why do you always interrupt me when I'm doing something fun?” he asked playfully.
 
“Because it's my only source of entertainment,” came the serene reply. Dark rolled his eyes, and he decided to tease Satoshi a little. Yeah, show creepy bastard what happens when you and Daisuke are alone, cracked Evil Dark. True to his inner self (as always), Dark grabbed Daisuke again and pressed his lips to those of the protesting redhead's. Crimson eyes widened in shock and embarrassment, before fists rained down on Dark's back. The purple haired boy just ignored them; they didn't hurt very much anyway-and continued to kiss Daisuke. He nibbled gently at the younger boy's bottom lip and felt him give in as his mouth opened and allowed Dark to explore it.
 
Dark moaned quietly as he slipped his tongue into Daisuke's mouth and one of his hands wrapped themselves around Daisuke's waist. They were just going into the stage of wandering hands when…
 
“All right boys, break it up, break it up!” Riku came into the garden, her voice as businesslike as ever. “Have you seen…oh no wait, he's there.” Riku turned to Satoshi and told him, “You'd better go see Risa, she's been whinging about your ignoring her all day.”
 
Satoshi sighed, got up of the grass, dusted himself off and walked away. Dark could not resist the opportunity and began to sing one of the most embarrassing and sappiest love ballads that he could think of. The blue haired boy growled quietly and suddenly made a gesture with his hand. Without warning, a Wind Cage surrounded Dark and the lord growled quietly as he sat down to wait for the spell to dissolve on its own. Daisuke could not help but blush as his senses returned and he realised that Satoshi and Riku had both been watching Dark turn him into a puddle of goo.
 
Two hours later:
 
Dark glared at the light blue cage of magic surrounding him. It had actively resisted all of his efforts to make it disappear faster and for some reason, Daisuke did not help him. He settled down to think over the events of the past few weeks and his mind lingered on the funeral and the final moments before the burial.
 
Flashback
 
Dark stared at the handful of earth in his hand. He couldn't help but think that it was so ironical; one of the greatest pacifists ever born died in a war. The rain beat down on the crowd, but no one cared because they all felt the loss of Lady Yuki greatly. As though he was moving in slow motion, Daisuke saw Dark toss the earth into the grace, of top of the coffin. He then slowly sank to his knees, face buried in his hands. Daisuke rushed over immediately and hugged Dark, red eyes shimmering with tears both for Lady Yuki and her son.
 
End Flashback
 
Dark could not help but sniff a little as he remembered that day. Through it all though, Daisuke had been with him. Daisuke. The cheerful redhead with a sunny disposition who trusted everyone despite all the stuff that he'd had to go through with Krad. He managed to stay smiling and happy no matter what happened, and he was always willing to help. `I love him,' Dark thought. `I'll always love him, no matter what.'
 
The shield around him suddenly disappeared and a large tornado blew up in front of the lord. When it disappeared, Satoshi stood in front of him. “Nice to know you think so highly of Daisuke,” the azure-eyed boy commented. At the look on Dark's face, Satoshi's lips quirked upwards in an almost smile. He sat down next to Dark. “When's the ceremony?” he casually asked.
 
Dark's eyes widened. “…I don't know,” he honestly replied. “I don't know if Daisuke'll accept me.”
 
Satoshi rolled his eyes. “Of course he will! Do you know just how much he loves you?!”
 
Dark frowned. He'd always thought Daisuke loved him, but…was it really true? What if Daisuke just put up with him because he'd saved him from a life of misery with Krad? What if the boy felt that he was obliged to Dark, and therefore let him kiss, touch, hold him? What if…?
 
Satoshi groaned inwardly. He hadn't meant to make Dark doubt Daisuke's love, it was just that…he didn't want Daisuke to end up in a bad marriage. “All right Dark,” he said dryly. “Do you love Daisuke?” Dark rolled his eyes but played along. Rule number one: Please your loved one's friends and family, cackled Evil Dark. Satoshi raised an eyebrow but didn't say anything.
 
“Of course I do! Are you nuts?!”
 
Satoshi smirked. “If I receive that kind of reply, it had better be the truth.” Then his face turned serious. “Hurt Daisuke in any way, and I will hunt you down and destroy you.” Dark looked at Satoshi's face for any hint of a joke, but he could see that the Head of the Kitchens was deadly serious. Dark swallowed back a sarcastic comment and nodded. Even he could tell when to stop joking around. Satoshi was apparently satisfied with Dark's answer and left. Just before he vanished though, he turned back and said, “Better keep his love then, before you lose it or he does.” Dark sat on the ground for a little while longer, just thinking, and he got up and dusted off his pants before heading towards the castle purposefully.
 
Five days later:
 
Daisuke swallowed hard as he looked at the crowds of people. He couldn't believe it; he was finally getting married. After Satoshi had had a `little talk' with Dark, the purple haired lord had proposed. He'd confessed his love for the redhead (aw) and it had led to a heavy make-out session, which had led to Satoshi coming in and telling Dark to leave Daisuke's virtue alone until their wedding night. This had resulted in a furiously blushing redhead and a snickering purple-haired boy. The day had somehow sneaked up on him and he hadn't even realised until…well, until Takeshi had barged into the room at an unholy hour and woken him up, telling him that it was tradition for the bride to wake up incredibly early and prepare for the groom. The black haired boy had received a pillow in his face for this blatant lie but in any case, Daisuke was up and ready for Dark (minds OUT of the gutter this instant, I say!) and he was going to be married. Two minutes after Daisuke had arrived; Dark arrived on the castle grounds where the marriage was to take place. Daisuke caught his breath; true to his name, Dark was dressed in dark colours such as black and purple. However, he looked good in them and the redhead felt himself blush at the thought of marrying this man.
 
Dark resisted the urge to grab Daisuke and kiss him senseless on the spot (not to mention do other things to him) but he highly suspected that anything further than a kiss would have Satoshi locking them both in the barn for the night (not that that was a bad thing of course). The priest came in, a benign smile on his face. “Ladies and Gentlemen,” he announced to the crowd, “we are here today to witness the marriage of Lord Dark Mousy and Daisuke Niwa.” The crowd clapped enthusiastically. To both Daisuke and Dark, the ceremony could not end quickly enough and just as the priest had started saying, “You may now kiss your new husband,” Dark grabbed Daisuke and kissed the other teen senseless. The pair fell to the ground, hands going all over the place. Satoshi was horrified and amused at the same time, and he quickly helped herd the younger children out of eyeshot. The priest, on the other hand, needed no help. He quickly ran out of the area and blessed the couple on his way out. Needless to say, Dark and Daisuke did some very R rated things that night. Oh, and the story ends as all good stories should; they all lived happily ever after.
 
Whew! That was a LOT of effort. Thank you so much to everyone who supported and/or reviewed me for this fanfic, I appreciate it very much! Luv you, Happy New Year.
 
Shoutouts:
 
Staryday: I am so sorry I didn't make some bits of the previous chapter clear. You know the bit where Daisuke was caught in the ice and Satoshi didn't save him? It was because he was trying to keep everyone back and all. I think…anyway thank you so much for your support.
 
Keeper of Light: Thank you for your review, I really appreciated it. And yes, I do want to update, thank you for your psychic help in pointing out what I really want (lol).
 
Best wishes for the New Year, Happy New Year once again. Reviews please!