D. N. Angel Fan Fiction ❯ White and Black ❯ Introduction ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Here is the first part.

Disclaimer: want an apple? chocolate? even those don't belong to me. see?


White and Dark
Chapter 1



If it was a dim Monday morning and you were lying quite comfortably in your quite comfortable blankets, what you would like the most is to stay in bed.

If this was not true you would not be human.

“Haru, wake up!” Grumpily the girl pulled the rather heavy fluffy stuff over her face. Immediately something began to lick her face. Something tickling and very very wet.

She groaned again and turned her back to the annoying thing which was gradually disturbing her sleep. Tried to.

However, this thing didn´t seem to understand that it was distressing and continued. Awfully slowly the small wheels somewhere connected in her brain began to work.

“WITH, LEAVE ME!” She shouted hoarsely from sleep. The little white rabbit startled. It looked at her with his big, unfortunately innocent puppy eyes. Pity, Haru couldn´t resist and stroke its soft fur briefly. Which meant she had to get up.

“Sorry, With.” She said sleepily. “Monday mornings are always kind of difficult.” Her mothers´ face appeared.
“Good morning!” She cried cheerfully. As always she hastily flew towards the big window at the opposite end of the room and pulled the curtains open. “Hush, dear, come down. I´ve prepared your breakfast.”

Haru sighed and asked the first question that came to her mind.

“Do you know where Daichi is?” Her tired look met the lonesome sofa. Indeed... very lonesome. Maybe it needed new color and decoration. Maybe she should found an exclusive club of the lonesome loners...

“Daichi?” The brown haired woman was confused.

“Obviously he has already left.”

Her vision blurred when she got up, but somehow she managed to reach the bathroom door. Then Haru turned.

“He has already left!? What´s the time, mum?”

“It´s 9 a.m. .” Her mother replied. “Don´t worry, you were sick last day and I have…” Her daughter didn´t hear what she had, because suddenly Emiko Niwa´s face went pale and she rushed away. “Mum?” Haru asked slightly concerned.



The hallway was empty. Stopping in front of her classroom, Haru heard the teacher shouting. Then, suddenly, the door opened. Poor Haru stared straight in the face of Hikari Kira, their head boy. “G…good morning, Hikari- senpai.” She stuttered. He simply nodded towards her and went away. Now the teacher noticed her. “Niwa?” Mr. Yuki said bewildered. “I didn´t know you would come to school today. You are ill, aren´t you?” “It is nothing.” Haru smiled. “I´ve just caught a cold.” “Well, sit down.”

She took her seat next to Sara.

“Ohayo, Sara-chan.” “Ohayo.” Sara replied, smiling.

“I knew that you would come. You are never missing school.” The hour went by slowly and Haru, who was still tired, nearly fell asleep. Sara poked her.

“Haru, the teacher is watching you.”

“Huh? Oh, sorry.”

“It is the end of the lesson and I have to say something important.” Mr. Yuki announced.

“The student council has decided to do a project concerning art being our most important issue. Juniors and Seniors will work together. Approximately the project is going to start this afternoon.”

The pupils were quite enthusiastic about that. Haru could care less.
After the bell rang Sara began to blether. Whenever Sara did so Haru knew the only stop would be the world to end soon.

“Have you heard? We are going to have an art project with the seniors. That is really cool. Imagine, I could be in a group with Hikari-senpai. He is my absolute dream man. Look into his wonderful ice- blue eyes and-..."

“You know, my brother has a crush on you.” She told Sara with a sad smile.

“Don´t ignore him all the time.”

“He is… much too mindless and unfriendly.” Sara said.

“I simply don´t like him the way I like Hikari-senpai. He always has that adult expression on his face. He is so manly and, besides, very handsome.”

“Besides?” Haru raised an eyebrow.

“Why do you sound sarcastically?”

“Why do you?”
While chatting Haru and Sara reached the blackboard where they would learn from their partners for the art project. The redhead had to search some time to find her name.

“How many chances can happen in life?” She scowled.

“Great, I´m stuck with this arrogant and cold macho.” “Cold…?" Sometimes even Sara could be terribly fast with calculating.

"Do you mean… Oh my god! Please, you have to change with me!”

No secound doubt. “It would be a pleasure to me.”

Haru Niwa couldn´t stand Hikari since she had seen him the first time. It was not only him being a reason for her brother's withdrawal from the outer world. It was the air about him which gave her the creeps.

So always trying to ignore him she had never noticed the icy glances he no at all secretly threw towards her.

Yes, he was cold and mysterious- and for some reason she didn´t like mysterious people, especially if it was him being it. Geez, she thought in circles again.

Perhaps (honestly, she didn´t know for sure), perhaps she was afraid of him.

There was kind of a squeezing feeling rising in her chest every time she met him, a feeling she could not place.

“We have to ask a teacher or maybe him. Oh, talking about the devil, there he is.”

‘Oh crap!’ The blue head had appeared in the hallway, which now was overfilled with pupils of different classes.

‘I don´t have the guts to be confronted with him.’



“It is raining.” Someone said. There were hard thumps when water hit glass.





It was raining. Suddenly the sky had darkened. No time to spell one's name and all people away from every defending shelter had been wet to the skin.

The ground was black with dampness and he could smell the fresh scent of water and moist earth.

He hated it, he disliked rain.

Rain was cold and wet and if you stayed outside too long you would become sick. Rain was something for hopelessly romantic fools with an umbrella to share. That was a fact, the first even scientifically proven.

Facing the school quarter he stopped.

Entrance and front yard were empty, rain drops fell from the roof on the ground. Drip and Drop they found their way down the black and sky-rocking boughs and down the trunks to seep into the ground.

Just to seep into the ground, what a waste!

He also was. A waste that is. All the time hiding behind a shelter of concrete and steel life had silently rushed by, without any change, always the same cold and grey days, longing for bright colours.

He had fallen in love- he had been rejected.

It was like that: Longing tore off the chains until the prisoner was caught again.

Harder. Deeper.

Suddenly he realized he was shaking. Feeling the cold he decided to go into the building, rejected love or not.

Sometimes human needed help to find their way. Pride forbad them to go along with it, but it was verified that human were not made to be alone. He stood in the front entrance of his school, his clothes drenched, faced the lobby and hesitated.






Hope you liked it. My English has improved quite a bit (being happy ^-^)