Daa! Daa! Daa! Fan Fiction ❯ Shades of Azure ❯ Saionji Residence ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Shades of Azure
A guy's lonely life brightens as he encounters a girl who is unemployed… for the nth time around.
 
 
Disclaimer: I do notown this anime;this is just written for fun.
 
 
Chapter Two: Saionji Residence
 
 
 
-----------------------------------------
 
 
"Well, here we are now…" Santa told Miyu as the driver brought down Miyu's baggage from the car. "This is Mr. Saionji's house."
 
"Does he live alone with Ruu?" Miyu asked, looking around the house.
 
She noticed that there is just few furniture and few stuff at the living room. The house is large and spacious. There is a lot of room, but it really seems empty to Miyu. However, she recalled how rich Saionji Kanata is, being the president of his company.
 
"Well, honestly, yes." Santa answered her, looking at Miyu's reaction.
 
Miyu looked at him. "No maids at all?"
 
"No one else." Santa ended, looking at his watch. "Oops, I got to go, Ms. Kouzuki---"
 
"Just Miyu," she replied with a smile. Santa smiled back.
 
"Okay Miyu. By the way before I go, here's the spare key of the house." Santa told her. "Take care of little Ruu here,"
 
"Don't worry. I'll do my best!" she answered positively. I wish I wouldn'tbefired this time…
 
"So long then," Santa waved his hand and went back to the car.
 
 
Miyu closed the door of the house. She looked at all corners of the house. It was big. She turned to the counters and found no picture frames. No family pictures, not pretty much decors. Miyu was puzzled.
 
"This house looks more of a bachelor's house to me," she said, looking at Ruu. The baby smiled at her.
 
"Oh, isn't that sweet?" Miyu replied, tousling Ruu's blonde hair. "You're a very good boy; I hope you remain this way."
 
The baby seemed to answer a 'yes' to her. "Do you know who your mom is?"
 
Miyu chuckled, "Nah, you cannot answer me, buddy…" she sat down on a sofa. She let Ruu sit down as well.
 
"Well I guess we would have all the time by ourselves."
 
She searched for the remote control of the TV. Miyu gets bored when she has nothing to do, and she found out that Ruu was sleeping already.
 
"Maybe I can do some cleaning here…," she said. She finally found a place to dust, and a duster. She scanned the side tables, and found no family picture. She scanned the entire living room for the hopes of knowing who Ruu's mom is, but she found no evidence.
 
She concluded that apparently, Mr. Saionji was heartbroken and decided to put away everything that reminds him of Ruu's mom.
 
Could it be… that she died already? She thought automatically. Poor kid, really…
 
Then why would he remain to be a single parent?
 
Miyu shook all of her thoughts away. Before she could proceed any longer, she heard some sound coming from upstairs… then she gulped, having this fear of strange noises…
 
"What was that?" she was curious about it, and she decided to check upstairs. "Oh no, could it be a… ghost?!"
 
She stopped at the corridor, trying to locate the sound she surely heard. Then another sound came… this time, it sounded like footsteps approaching her.
 
"AHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!" she yelled out aloud.
 
"Hey!" a voice followed. Miyu opened her tightly shut eyes and saw it was Kanata's handsome face. "What was that?!"
 
 
-----------------------------------------
 
 
 
"I'm positive! I heard something!" Miyu insisted, tugging Kanata's coat.
 
"God! Your house gives me the creeps!"
 
"There's no one else here." Kanata assured her. "Why don't you take a seat downstairs and calm all of your nerves?"
 
She shook her head. "Don't leave me…"
 
He entered the door from where Miyu heard the suspicious sound. Miyu followed him as he showed her around. "This is just a mere room, Ms. Kouzuki." He remarked, looking at her. "Are you not old enough to stop believing in ghosts?"
 
Miyu was flushed. "Well, umm… I was just scared by the silence here…"
 
Dinner was over. An hour passed, and all Miyu can do was to stop and stare at the sleeping baby.
"I cannot sleep…" she muttered to herself. "the ghastly figures might be around somewhere… the soul of Mr. Saionji's dead wife still lingers here… and I have nothing to do about it…"
 
Her fingers trembled at the chilly night and on the silence hovering on the room. An hour passed once more, still, Miyu wasn't able to go to bed. She remained sleepily on the couch, silently looking at the ceiling. She covered herself with a thick blanket, curled on the corner of the couch. After a while, she heard 3 faint knocks on the door…
 
She gulped.
 
What was that….?
 
She bit her lip and shook her head. She shut her eyes completely, pretending she doesn't hear anything.
 
The knocking continued.
 
I'm not hearing anything…
 
'knock… knock… knock'
 
"Ms. Kouzuki?" it was certainly Kanata's voice. Miyu regained herself and she stood up, still with her blanket.
 
"Yeah?" she asked as she opened the door.
 
 
"Why are you covered with blanket?" Kanata was surely weirded by her.
 
Miyu looked at him straight, and with all honesty, she admitted how she feels.
 
"I can't sleep." She told him.
 
Kanata sighed, "It still has something to do with that room, right?"
 
"Well, yeah." She nodded.
 
Kanata took her hand. "c'mon, join me downstairs. Let's watch movie together." He told her. "In that way, you might be able to sleep."
 
Miyu gladly walked with him. "Great. I love movies!" she said immediately.
 
 
-----------------------------------------
 
 
Kanata and Miyu have been scanning his DVD rack for a while now. "I can't choose something we could watch," he said. "Hey, how about this?"
 
Miyu turned to him and to the DVD he was holding. She suddenly felt Goosebumps. "Are you teasing me? No way, that would make me more awake!"
 
Kanata suddenly laughed. "I was just joking."
 
Miyu was sweat dropped. Okay, you were… she thought. As she continued to stare at him, she realized how handsome he really is. No wonder women fall in line just to be Ruu's baby sitter. She knew that she was one lucky girl and it was fate that led her to be fired.
 
Change topic. This house is really spooky.
 
 
"Ms. Kouzuki?" Kanata asked her, finally noticing her long stare. "are you alright?"
 
"I'm fine, really!" she answered right away. "just call me Miyu, Mr. Saionji. That's way too formal if you call me that way!"
 
"Sure," he replied. "Just call me Kanata then,"
 
"Right," Miyu said softly. A pretty red tint spread in her cheeks.
 
"I found it!" he suddenly exclaimed. "This movie made me sleep." He then inserted it into the DVD player. Miyu waited for the movie to begin. He didn't even bother to tell her the title… Yeah right, let him be, Miyu.
 
"What the," Miyu muttered. The Notebook? He buys DVD's like this?! This is something melodramatic and…
 
"… some girl in the name of Christine gave that to me." Kanata murmured.
 
I see… Miyu thought.
 
After a while, she finally got sleepy. Miyu lied down on the sofa, and she forgot how she feels about a while ago. Kanata watched her for a moment, until someone approached him.
 
"Wannya, you scared her. How many times have I told you to be discreet?"
 
-----------------------------------------
 
 
 
 
 
»To be continued