Daa! Daa! Daa! Fan Fiction ❯ The Princess ❯ How it all began ( Chapter 1 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

THE PRINCESS.
 
 
A/N: I always loved fairy tales. So, I decided to write one with all our favorite Daa!Daa!Daa! Characters. Enjoy!!
 
Disclaimer: I don't own Daa!Daa!Daa!
 
Chapter1
How it all began
 
Like all fairy tales, the story begins like this….
 
 
Once upon a time there was a beautiful celestial maiden, named Aura. She lived on the moon and watched over earth, the planet she was created to protect. She was skilled in magic and war-craft. Aura was very powerful but she was kind and used her powers to help the people on Earth. She always kept a watchful eye on the `three evil witches', who wanted to rule the earth and enslave humans.
The witches didn't have the power to oppose her and were defeated countless number of times. And when they were defeated for the hundredth time, they just vanished completely. ……. But what Aura didn't know was that the witches were very much alive and were devising an evil plan to over power her.
 
A few years passed and then, Aura heard a voice calling out to her. It was the voice of a young king from earth, named Alex. Somehow, he was able to feel her presence. He gazed longingly at the moon everyday and pleaded with her to come to him.
At first, Aura thought it was impossible for a mere human to know of her existence…. But the more she watched him and listened to his words, the more she longed to go to be with him She had fallen in love with him.. But leaving the moon meant that she would have to give up her powers.
 
But she couldn't bear to live away from him and came down to earth. Her king was in the royal garden as usual, moon-gazing. When his eyes fell on her, he smiled and held his arms open. Aura smiled back happily and ran to him…
But just as she approached him, he disappeared……. and the three evil witches came in his place. Aura was shocked. What happened to Alex, the one she loved so much?
The evil witches laughed and said that it was all a trick and there was no Alex at all. The leader of the witches then shot an arrow at her. Aura still had enough power to save herself but she was devastated and couldn't dodge the arrow. Before breathing her last breath, she swore to take revenge.
But for some reason, the witches didn't unleash their terror. Instead, they disappeared once again.
----------------------------------------------------------------- --------------------------------------
 
 
A hundred years later, in the kingdom of `Otto', a princess was born.
 
King Yuu and Queen Miki were proud of their beautiful daughter, whom they named …. `Miyu'.
 
Princess Miyu was brought up amidst utmost care and protection all through her life. She was never allowed outside the castle walls. But that didn't mean that she was locked up and didn't have any fun. She had a few close friends, namely….the two sisters, princesses Christine and Momoka from the neighbouring kingdom ….. her cousin, Prince Seiya…… and her two personal maids, Aya and Nanami. All day long, she could ride her ponies in the castle grounds and play in the huge gardens with them. But Princess Miyu didn't do that very often. She wasn't what one would call your average `princess'…..
 
Her favorite pastimes were cooking and sword-fighting.
 
She spent most of the time in the kitchens, learning to prepare dishes from all over the world. Whatever she cooked, she made it absolutely delicious. It was not everyday that one got to see a princesses cooking in the kitchen but the King and Queen didn't mind. Their daughter's happiness meant more to them… Besides, they loved her cooking as well.
 
When it came to sword-fighting as well, she seemed to acquire some sort of magical powers. By the time she was fifteen, she could handle a sword as easily as one could handle a pen.
She practically looked like an angel…. with her long blonde hair, emerald green eyes and her perfect slim figure. No one could ever imagine that such a kind and innocent looking princess could have such extraordinary skill in sword fighting. No one could beat her… not even her father's skilled bodyguards.
 
Now, even if she was beautiful on the outside, which eligible bachelor would want to marry a princess who could `cook' and `fight'? In those days, princesses were supposed to stay away from kitchens and weapons and were supposed to be calm and gentle.
Otherwise, they would be like any other common girl….. but not Princess Miyu.
 
To tell the truth, almost all the men in the kingdom were crazy about her. They couldn't take their eyes off her. It was as if she was the legendary `goddess of beauty' herself.
 
But, Miyu wasn't interested in any of her admirers.
 
Actually, she was betrothed to a young prince from a distant kingdom, the very day she was born. She had never seen him all her life. All she knew was that his name was `Nozomu' and that she was to marry him on her eighteenth birthday. She was going to turn seventeen the next day. Then it would be exactly a year before she met her future husband. She had heard that Prince Nozomu was extremely good looking and was very popular among the girls of his kingdom.
 
But still, Miyu wasn't exactly looking forward to her eighteenth birthday. She didn't find the thought of marrying a prince, whom she never met before, very appealing. She was actually dreading that day. The King and Queen had told her about the betrothal only on her fifteenth birthday. Everyone was thrilled and happy when this was announced… that is, everyone except Miyu.
 
She wasn't like any other princess who spent all her life dreaming about `Prince Charming'. She was not sure whether she could `live happily ever after' with a stranger. She wanted to meet him and know everything about him before agreeing to marry him. What if he was cruel and cold? She couldn't have that…She tried to reason with her parents but they merely laughed off her doubts about the prince, saying that there was nothing to worry about. There was no use arguing.
 
Miyu had also overheard rumours from the maids that she wasn't the only child…that the King and Queen also had a son. As far as she knew, the little boy had vanished without a trace when he was just five years old. Whenever she raised the topic, her parents would either change the subject or get all angry and retort that the rumour was absolutely false. But Miyu could make out that they were hiding something from her. No matter how much she pleaded with them to tell the truth about whether she actually did have an older brother or not, they wouldn't tell her anything.
 
Then, Miyu would feel really hurt and dejected. Sometimes, all she wanted was to leave the castle and live somewhere far away, where no one would be controlling her every move. She wanted to be able to make her own decisions and live her life her way….. not in a way as it was designed for her. But that would never happen… or would it?
 
Now, there was a powerful astrologer in the palace, named Durian. The King and Queen always took her opinion on every single matter and respected her thoughts and decisions. But Princess Miyu didn't like her very much. She always thought that Durian was a cold and creepy woman. And she really hated the way her parents did everything she told them to do. But like she said before there was no use arguing with her parents.
But Miyu was very right in not trusting Durian, as she found out later.
 
The next day, when Princess Miyu woke up, she was surprised to see that there was no sign of festivities. All her previous birthdays were celebrated very grandly. The whole palace would be decorated with flowers and ribbons. The cooks would have prepared excellent feasts and she would have received hundreds of presents.
But this year there were no songs, no gifts, no chants of `HAPPY BIRTHDAY'…. Nothing!!
What happened? Did everyone forget that it was her birthday?
She rushed down to the throne room, still dressed in her silk nightdress and banged open the door.
 
King Yuu and Queen Miki were seated on the their thrones, looking rather upset.
“What happened?” asked Princess Miyu softly.
The King looked up at her and said solemnly, “Miyu, my child. I'm afraid we have some bad news for you.”
“H..uu..h?” Miyu whispered. She was scared….really scared. Never in all her life did she hear her father speak in such a serious tone. She knew that she was going to hear some really bad news…..
 
In one corner of the room, Durian smirked and said darkly, “Now we won't have any more nonsense from you, my `Princess'….”
 
 
A/N: In the next chapter, Miyu has to leave the castle for a shocking reason. Our beloved Kanata will enter the picture as well.
So, how was it? I know it's small but it's only an intro. Please review and tell me if it's any good. This is my only my second fan fic.