Daa! Daa! Daa! Fan Fiction ❯ Why Not ❯ Miyu's Little Secret ( Chapter 18 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]
“WELCOME TO FANTASY PARK EVERYONE! LET THE FANTASY OF THE PARK BECOME YOUR REALTY!”

After waiting in line for almost an hour, the gang consisting of Miyu, Aya, Nanami, Christine, Akane, Santa and Seiya finally step foot inside within the confines of Heiomachi’s own amusement park grand re-opening. Fireworks colored the morning sky with loud happy music echoed the land.

“Finally we are able to get through all that waiting.” Christine, the rich girl among the group was fanning herself after the strenuous long wait under the bright pre-afternoon sun. “I’m afraid the lines on the rides and attractions will be just as long.”

“Wow so many people are already here in Fantasy Park.” Nanami browsed all over the place gazing the civilians taking their sweet time within the realms of the theme park.

“So where do you think we should go first?” Aya asked the group.

“Let’s see…” Akane replied as she took out a Fantasy Park brochure. “Fantasy Park added a few new attractions aside from the classics like the 4D-ride, Dino-Land and something they call Paint Ball Death match…”

“Paint Ball Death Match?”, Nanami and Aya said in unison. “Dafuq is that?”

“He he he…” The curious girls turned their heads to the only male companions that are accompanying them, Santa and Seiya; snickering at their innocence.

“That one is shaping up to be the best attraction they have here.” Seiya bragged.

“It’s basically people shooting paint ball guns at each other but it is a survival match against the park’s elite employees dressed as terrorists and the patrons as the counter-terrorists.” Santa explained.

“The rules are simple.” Seiya added. “A Receptionist will orient the patrons about a certain situation, and their mission objective within a time limit. Once on the field, you hunt your enemies on the confines of the area with your paint ball guns. If you get shot by whoever it maybe, you pretend to be dead. Last one untainted holds the victory over their respective factions.”

“If the time limit is reached, the side with the least alive members loses. Should the patrons’ side win, a special prize will be awarded to them.” said Santa.

“Ahh that sounds a lot of fun, don’t you think so?” Aya clapped her hands. “I never played paint ball before.”

“Interesting indeed.” Nanami agreed. “We all should give it a shot later as the last attraction on our list. That way the enemies are already tired from their earlier matches and we have the edge to win that prize.”

“Ah Nanami is so smart!” Aya applauded their friend’s scheme.

“But if we tire ourselves going to the attractions on our list, we will be on about the same energy level as the staff.” Akane said.

“She’s right.” said Santa. “There might already be people who thought about that plan but so far the patrons have yet to receive the park’s special prize.”

“That means that the Park’s elite terrorists are THAT good.” Seiya replied. “I think I saw some people crying coming from the death match area. It must have been a swift and brutal massacre. There were still hints of paint on their hair.”

A certain chill ran all over the girls’ spine. Perhaps the death match is not a good idea after all.

“It kinda sounds dangerous. I don’t want to hurt people.”
Christine wondered. Everybody else just stared at her comment all of them thinking that her ballistic-maniac attitude will be kept off-bay as long as Saionji Kanata was not within the radar.

“But as long as the paint bullets wouldn’t hurt that much upon impact and we have enough protective gear then I suppose I’m game.

“Well I guess, I might still be interested.” Akane said sheepishly as she clings to Santa’s sleeve.

“Don’t worry, I’ll be there.” Santa bragged. “HA HA HA HA!”

“Somehow, I can already see a paint covered Akane-chan from a distance.” Nanami whispered.

“Poor Akane-chan.” Aya replied. “So how about it, Nanami-chan?”

“We do need the exercise.” Nanami shrugged. “I mean, as long as we are here we should make our time here worthwhile.”

“You’re right. We are in.” Aya weakly smiled.

Santa approached them from behind and grabbed both girls on each of their shoulders. “Excellent choice, ladies. Rest assured that Santa and I will try our best to make sure we all enjoy our time and share war stories on our way home.”

Aya blushed at Seiya’s kind gesture, that and his hand touching her bare shoulder; while Nanami just looked at the boy unconvinced.

“I don’t know about that. Seems to me Aya-chan and I are on our own on a account of you will most likely going to shield Miyu-chan from all of the paint flying all over the place.”

“Tenchi-san, you make me sound to be an inconsiderate guy.”

“Speaking of which…” Christine realized… “Where is Miyu-san?”

“… … … !”

“Miyu?!”


================================


At the same time, on the opposite side of the park’s entrance…

{sfx FLUSH!}

“OY! “ A flustered yet a relieved long blonde hair girl emerged from the ladies bathroom stall and walked in front of the sink. She turned the faucet on and rinsed her hands with the cold gushing water. “If I knew the line of the entrance was going to be that long, I shouldn’t have finished that whole pitcher of iced-tea.”

Miyu was doing the bathroom shuffle after thirty minutes waiting in line. She was embarrassed to tell the others about her pressing feeling that she just shifted, twisted and turned as the line made such a slow progress, probably because a group of the senior citizens were paying the cashier with small loose change. The cahier only stood and smiled helplessly while the people behind them were getting impatient and irritated. The moment her group paid for the entrance fee she asked a by standing park personnel for the nearest bathroom then dashed for dear life.

“Everybody wanted a piece of fantasy of Fantasy Park, I suppose.” She said to herself as she began to splash some water to wash her sweaty and oily face with a small tube of facial wash she took out from her purse.

She was about to reach for the paper towels but noticed that it was already empty. “Rats… out of paper.” She muttered as dripping water started to reach her neck down to her blouse.

“Oh I’m sorry, Kouzuki-san. I was the one who took most of them. Here, I still have some unused.” Another female stood beside her in front of the sink handing out some clean sheets of paper towels.

“Thank you kindly.” Miyu took the paper towels from the very beautiful stranger with long brunette hair, who looked awfully like the girl, Akira; the one who introduced herself to Miyu as Saionji Kanata’s long lost childhood friend-slash-first love.

“AKIRA!?” Miyu’s brain finally kicked as she shouted the other girl’s name.

“Yes?!”

“Wha—what are you doing here?”

“Well it just happened that I love drowning myself with iced-tea, as well.” Akira turned on the faucet on her side and began washing her hands.

“Oh… he he he.” Miyu laughed nervously. “You heard about that.”

“Looks like we have another thing in common, huh?” Akira looked at Miyu on the side of her eyes. Miyu does not like where this is going.

“You know… he’s waiting outside as we speak.”

Miyu blushed as she quickly realized the one the other girl was referring to. With that remark from Akira, previous encounters with one Saionji Kanata dictates that she must deny and abort the subject matter ASAP.

“Wha—I don’t know what you’re talking about aha ha ha ha…”

Akira turned off the faucet and dried her hands with the left over paper towel she kept as she looked at the blonde. “Oh c’mon dear I think we are already past this charade you and Kanata are portraying.”

“But I… we… how…”

“You two don’t have to tell me everything about it, honey. But the secret is safe with me” Akira smiled and winked at her. “Although figuring it out was easy.”

“It was?”

“Yes. Aside from the tooth brush with your name on it was inside his bathroom cabinet…”

“So that’s where it was…”

“And a pair of gym bloomers inside his dresser, which; to my surprise, thought that Kanata had a kinky side…”

“I knew I forgot some things…”

“And… there was that distinct vanilla scented perfume that I smelled on his pillows which was oddly similar with the one you are currently wearing right now.”

“ACK!”

Akira was left Miyu speechless after that. It cannot be denied any longer that one of Saionji Kanata’s female students practically annexed his bachelor pad.

“Pretty bold of you, don’t you think?” Akira teased Miyu.

Miyu was all shades of red. “Please, Akira I am so sorry it wasn’t his idea he didn’t forced me to do anything weird I was the one keep pestering him and…” Miyu’s flapping mouth was stopped by Akira’s finger.

“Shush, dear.” Akira whispered. “I haven’t mentioned to him about your carelessness to dispose of the incriminating evidences inside his apartment. You two can tell me everything in a safe and secured time and location.”

Miyu let out a big sigh of relief. Akira was turning out to be such a playful yet dependable big sister that she always wanted. It was good to know Akira was being a good sport about this on account of she’s Kanata’s ONE. It did make her feel guilty that she’s practically trespassing on her territory… not that she was aware of it from the very beginning.

“But do remember to do something about them, darling.” Akira straightened out Miyu’s blouse. “I do not want that safe and secured time and location to be inside a court house with you two explaining everything to me along with a jury of your peers in front of a judge.” She jested.

“Aha ha ha ha ha… oy…” Miyu sighed. “So you knowing all of these means you were able to go to his place as well?”

“Actually I crashed at his place last night.”

“Oh…” Miyu looked down somewhat saddened by the thought of her and Kanata sharing such a nice night together. It was long overdue after all.

“C’mon honey, pretty girls like yourself must not show such a face.” Akira lifted up Miyu’s chin. “I mean, I am guessing whatever we did there was nothing different from whatever you two were doing all this time when I was away.”

“Um…” Miyu couldn’t afford to be dishonest since Akira was being such a saint to her.

Akira knew she struck a chord. Yeas, there was a hint of joking to her last comment just to fish out some more truth to her speculations that there is definitely something going on with her best friend and her new acquaintance.

To alleviate the uncomfortable scene she was sensing from Miyu, she held the blonde’s hand and smiled. “Darling like I said before, we are already past these childish charades. We are practically sharing the same man, so does speak. I reckon we could be more honest about this. Whatever you two have going on, I reckon I will not hold it against the both of you.”

“Just as far as second base…” Miyu whispered.

Akira doubted she heard anything from the girl in front of her. “Excuse me dear, what was that again?”

Miyu blushed but still able to look at Akira with one eye open, embarrassed or somewhat scared of what her revelation would result into. “I said we only went as far as second base.”

“Really?”

Akira was flabbergasted about that but she could tell Miyu was telling the truth. Kind of think of it, Kanata might be a lacking on female intimacy but given the situation he is not stupid enough to actually go ALL THE WAY with his student.

Although, even Akira did went further with him last night, so it did somewhat made her happy that she was still Kanata’s first. But of course the issue is not really a competition, it is better not to compare bedroom stories out loud at the moment.

{sfx KNOCK! KNOCK}

“HEY! WE ARE LOSING DAY LIGHT OVER HERE!” a familiar male voice hollered from the other side of the female’s restroom door. “WHAT’S THE MATTER? NO TAMPONS IN THERE OR SOMETHING? COZ IF IT IS FLOWING, IT RELIEVES US BOTH!”

Akira and Miyu were both irritated by the guy’s crude comments.

“I swear; that guy might be as pretty as a matinee idol but his manners are as pretty as a street ruffian.” Akira tucked a strand of her front hair on her left ear. “Allow me to destroy him later, my dear.”

“Tell me about it.” Miyu smiled.

{sfx RING RING}

Miyu’s cell phone rang and she answered. “Hello… Seiya?... yeah I’m sorry I ran without telling you guys but I had to go to the bathroom… yeah I know you told me not to finish that pitcher of iced-tea… alright, I will meet you guys outside.”

“Friends of yours?” Akira asked. “I apologize if I kept you.”

“Oh no no.” Miyu reassured her as she hid her cell back to her purse. “It was such a wonderful chat. It is good to know you are okay with… you know… all of this.”

“Do not worry about a thing, darling.” Akira grabbed Miyu’s hand. “Well, we don’t want to keep our companions waiting any further. So shall we?”


================================


“So… tell me again what the hell are you people doing here?” Kanata asked the bunch of kids from his class. At a certain angle, they can very well see that temporal vein of his throbbing every second.

His date-slash-childhood friend, Akira; elbowed the side of torso. “Kana-chan, don’t be like that in front of your students. Now if you do not mid, please proceed with the introductions.”

“Do I have to coz I think I’m better off not to… UFFF!!!” another elbow was jabbed to his side.

“Don’t sweat it, Akira.” Miyu answered. “We will do it ourselves.”

“I’m Nanami, hi there. Me and Aya have met you before.” She winked.

“Hello, I’m Aya. Nice to see you again, miss.”

“Hi, my name is Akane. This is the first time I’ve seen you since the last time you visited us at our school.”

“Yo, I am Seiya and unlike these girls, this is my first greetings to you, miss.” Seiya then eyed Kanata, and return the teacher gave the evil eye to the blonde boy. “My, oh my, Saionji-sensei does like to surround himself with such beautiful ladies, now doesn’t he?”

“I’m Hanakomachi Christine. I’m pleased to meet your acquaintance.”

“Ah, it seems Saionji-sensei has a good lot of nice and polite students. My name is Kijou Akira and I am one of your teacher’s old friends. I just came back from America to visit my hometown and here is escorting me in this amusement park.”

“Wow is that so, that’s mighty kind of him.” Seiya raised an eyebrow. “If we didn’t know any better, I say Saionji-sensei is here on a date.”

Kanata wanted to deck this guy again.

Miyu on the other hand, looked at Seiya for trying to instigate yet another trouble but she was not overly worried about him now because someone has to calm down a certain pink haired girl or else she would be…

“A DATE!?!” Christine’s aura drastically flamed up that it startled the group while Akira was just clueless why they are starting to panic. “WHAT DATE?!”

“Well it is not exactly a date, my dear.” Akira raised the back of her hand to the group and they saw a piece of golden metal band around her ring finger. “As an added information, I am already engaged to somebody else and Saionji-sensei is just being a good friend helping an old friend out with a few things, isn’t that right Saionji-sensei?”

“Yeah but I don’t see why you have to explain yourself to these kids why you are here.” Kanata whimpered a bit. She had to announce out loud she is already engaged to somebody else. Hearing it out loud now makes the fact of her slipping away sting even more.

“Oh is that so, well congratulations to your upcoming nuptials.” Christine smiled with relief. “Everybody please join me and shame on all of you for doubting Saionji-sensei’s intentions.”

The group bowed down spontaneously out of fear of her bipolar wrath, which incidentally enough; exposed a certain Korosu Santa that was hiding behind the group. It did alarm him that Kanata and Akira can now see him clearly.

Akira’s brow twitched. “That young man over there behind you, is he with you?” She kindly pointed at the nervous boy.

Akane looked behind her shoulder and realized Santa was unusually quiet especially there is a pretty lady in front of them and knowing his personality, Santa would be the one jumping out front first to introduce himself. The others were just as stunned.

“Oh I’m sorry for his rudeness, Miss Akira. The idiot right behind me is Santa. We all go in the same school together.”

“Yeah yeah that is my name, don’t wear it out.” Santa quickly went in front of them and handed Akira an amusement park attraction flyer. He then pushed the group away to the opposite direction before Akira could make a comment.

“Come on you guys, we have a tight schedule to keep now. We do not want to keep those two in their date.”

And with that, the couple was suddenly left alone on the spot.

“Kanata…”

“Yeah…”

“Didn’t you and Santa graduated at the same high school together?”

“Yeah…”

“Kanata…”

“Yeah…”

“Why is Santa posing as a student at Heiomachi High?”

“The shorthand of it, it is because of that Akane girl.”

“Kanata…”

“Yeah…”

“Is this how he wants to see me after our last encounter for over ten years?”

“He said he wants us to be alone to wrap things up before he joins us later. I didn’t know we would meet them here.”

“Kanata…”

“Yeah…”

“When are you going to tell me all of these?”

“I was going to eventually…”

“Kanata…”

“Yeah…”

“When did the two of you turned into scheming creepy high school skirt chasing pedophiles?”

“Hey come on now, that is not fair!”

Akira then looked at the flyer that Santa handed to her earlier before he made Miyu’s group leave the scene. It was Fantasy Park’s attraction flyer for the PAINT BALL DEATH MATCH. Perhaps Santa was trying to tell her something how to spend her promised date with Kanata.

“Kanata…”

“Yeah…?”

“Please do remind me to destroy you later, dear.”

“What did I DO?”

Akira walked so fast and ignored his question. The young male teacher just sighed at how things changed from such a wonderful experience last night turned into a brewing terrible ordeal today.

As he was trying to catch up to his soon-to-be-wed best friend; his mobile phone suddenly received a text message. Kanata took out his phone out from his pocket and saw that it was from Miyu.

His eyes widened as he read the two texted words on the phone screen. He was sweating a bit but not because it is almost noon. Akira might give him a cold can of whoop-ass.

It was an ominous warning of what things to come.

“SHE KNOWS”

“Oh Shit…”

Well it was ominous to his knowledge, anyway.