Danny Phantom Fan Fiction ❯ Evolution ❯ Introduction ( Prologue )

[ A - All Readers ]

Pairings in the story will not stay the same.
That's the point of this story. So the pairing in the first piece will be different from the pairing in the second. Yes, this will be a series of drabbles, no actual storyline. And the first chapter is horribly boring, filled with philosophy about love and no actual characters. I'm sorry. You'll survive.
 
Evolution
Introduction: The Constant Movement of an Ever-Changing Heart
 
There is a time for all of us to be young.
 
We toil on the playground: in the sandbox digging up treasure; on the swings attempting to touch the sky; in the jungle gym fighting off attacking taggers; or in a playhouse, playing “house.”
 
It is also at this time we hear our fairy tales, and learn our morals. We are grown to think our heart belongs to one person, and someday they will find us, whether it be through a magical quest or on the sandbox.
 
Then we grow older, and we learn that the one we think we love is not always the one we do. Sometimes we think we've found the one when someone else comes along.
 
Perhaps the concept of love has changed. Heart-shattering, core-shaking love has been popularized, but it is not all that popular. Perhaps the ability to find one true love is not as easy as we once thought. The fluctuation of the heart is often so sporadic and uncertain that is hard to tell what we want anymore, or set down one simple person to give our heart to.
 
We are ever-changing people. We constantly evolve within separate conditions and pressures from the world around us. Our actions and opinions and decisions morph us, and in return our ideas transform into something new.
 
So we evolve, in a manner of speaking. Just as our hearts do.
 
And then we begin.
 
Notes:
This was just the opening. Actual moments between random pairings begin next chapter.