Danny Phantom Fan Fiction ❯ From the Ashes ❯ Chapter 1 Discovery of lost Hero ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
FROM THE ASHES

I do not own Danny Phantom, nor any of its materiel, everything is copyright to Butch Hartman

CHAPTER 1 DISCOVERY OF A LOST HERO

Danni Phantom slowly made her way through the old Government labs, the place smelt extremely terrible as water leaked down from the ceiling and broken walls from the water pipes. Rats scurried away from her feet as she stopped as they came towards the first closed door. Well not exactly closed it was more or less half way closed and the middle bent into the form of a large hole. Sighing she looked back at her companion Valerie Grey who was full suited.

‘I hate rats” Valerie growled, ‘Why is it that every government facility we visit has to have rats?”

‘How should I know, must be because of all the rotten crap the government was hiding away” Danni said and slipped through the hole. ‘What a mess…”

Now 16, Danni or Danielle was more or less fed up of base sweeps, they were pretty easy and something Sam sent her to do when things were quiet. The Halfa was tired of going through the old government bases that were destroyed or abounded due to the attacks. Her hair was now longer, still tied back in a ponytail and her figure had slimmed out into a young women’s slim muscular figure.

Valerie meanwhile hadn’t changed much overall, but she still held firm to her ghost hating values and yet got along with Danni pretty well. Valerie also slipped through the hole in the door and found herself in a dark room. She turned on the flashlight on the top of her helmet.

The room was an old storage research lab facility, large computers now smashed, some laying on the floors while others lay intact or just busted against the walls. Large glass tubes that were smashed, were at the edge of the room, glass was still scattered everywhere. Lab coats were also scattered among the broken glass, covered in now dried old blood. Whatever bodies that laid there once, had been removed a long time ago.

‘So this is where they escaped from eh?” Valerie asked as she shinned her light onto the broken human sized test tubes.

She could read the now dusty old copper panels on the bottom of each one, each baring a name and a serial number. Slowly Valerie made her way towards a large computer and sat down in a chair that was still intact.

‘Think you can get the power on so we can see?” Danni asked leaning over her shoulder.

‘I think so, if the back up generator is still intact” Valerie said as she pressed some buttons and suddenly the lights which were still functioning, or in one piece came on. Some lights stayed on while others flickered on and off. ‘Remind me to thank Tucker for the techno geek lessons”

‘Yea right” Danni chuckled, ‘Come on let’s go check out the rest of the place and get outta here, the place gives me the creeps”

They made there way into another room, which lead into what looked like holding cells for prisoners. Danni could read the names on some of them, but recognized the name Freak Show on a door hanging off it’s hinges at the end of the hall. Inside there was blood everywhere, and rats scurried about. Danni turned away, she didn’t even wanna see what was hiding in the corners of the cell.

‘Look” Valerie said and pointed to a closed door at the end of the hall, walking up she knocked on it. ‘Locked..and this door is pretty thick..think you can phase through it?”

‘I haven’t found anything I cant phase through yet” Danni said and suddenly her ghost sensed went off. ‘We have company”

‘Terrific” Valerie said.

‘What do we have here?” A voice asked and suddenly they looked down at the end of the hall to see a familiar techno ghost, one they had fought on many other occasions.

‘Skulker” Valerie said. ‘What do you want?”

‘Let’s start with your heads and see where we get from there shall we?” Skulker said and holding out his arm, it suddenly became a huge cannon which was aimed straight at the two women.

‘looks like Skulker got a new toy” Danni said and as the cannon charged and then released, she grabbed Valerie and then phased through the heavily armed door.

Both fell into the small room, as the door was smashed to the floor by the force of the cannons blast. Skulker walked down the hall, he had his prey just where he wanted them.

‘Give up it’s useless to fight back” Skulker said as he went into the room.

Danni looked at skulker, her green eyes glowed angrily and then she attacked the techno body built ghost with an ecto blast. Skulker dodged and then both started to fight exchanging deadly blasts as Valerie slowly picked herself up.

Looking up, she groaned and then stopped. In front of her was a large human sized test tube, the inside contained green liquid and a human like figure rapped in restrainments. The persons face hidden by locks of long blackened hair which fell everywhere. A mask covered there face, and tubes ran into his mouth and arms.

‘Oh my…” Valerie said but didn’t finished as Danni grabbed her and forced the ghost hunter into the air as one of Skulker blasts suddenly hit the large tube.

‘Your aim is getting worst skulker” Danni mocked.

‘It’s really a pity you know, I could have had a matching set of pelts” Skulker said as he aimed his cannon once more at Danni and Valerie. ‘But I guess a human and one Halfa will have to do”

The test tubes glass shelling began to crack, a nearby computer started to flash red signals and a computerized voice began screamed warning through the room. The green liquid finished draining the tube, and then a glow overcame the person inside as the restrainments started to crack.

‘Your Mine!!”

That’s when the room exploded a green explosion, smashing Skulker and everyone else back into the hallway. Valerie managed to make her familiar red surf board beneath her feet and stopped herself mid air. Danni phased through the wall but still landed hard on the ground. Skulker also landed hard, his cannon was now smashed.

‘What was that?” Danni asked pulling herself up to her feet.

‘What the in name of hell?” Skulker asked as all eyes turned towards the figure which was coming from the smoke. ‘It cant be”

It was a man, with long wild looking white hair which fell around his shoulders. A familiar black and white jumpsuit with a white D in the front was seen on this mystery mans body. Lifting his head, bright green eyes glowed wildly like electricity.

‘Oh my god” Valerie choked.

‘It cant be!!” Skulker said and brought up on his smaller cannons and blasted the man.

The man simply held up his hand and deflected the blast side ways, skulker continued to try and hit the man who had started walking towards him. Then once close enough, he grabbed Skulker’s right arm.

‘Don’t you know not to play with guns?” the man asked.

Suddenly Skuklers arm froze and then smashed it to bits with an ectro blast.

It didn’t take Skulker long to retreat after that, disappearing and phasing through the nearest wall.

Valerie and Danni then looked at the man who looked over at them, and then his hair suddenly turned to black, his eyes blue. Then his clothes turned to a ripped up white shirt, and torn up jeans. His blue eyes then turned towards the Halfa who slowly made his way towards them.

‘Danny?” Danni asked as the man suddenly collapsed onto the floor.