Danny Phantom Fan Fiction ❯ From the Ashes ❯ Chapter 2 ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
THE ASHES

CHAPTER 2 THE UNFORGIVEN

-I promise you my heart, but promise me once thing. Kiss my eyes and lay me to sleep-
-Preclude AFI

Danny Phantom and all character property of Butch Hartman

^^^^^^

Vlad Masters was normally a happy man, in his late fifties he was ether floated up stairs or walked around on with a cane because of his back. He was finally married to his college sweet heart, whom he had spent years obsessing over Maddie. He was mayor to Amity Park and a Halfa, plus he was filthy rich.

Few things Vlad couldn’t buy with his overwhelming wealth and power, a few of those things included the Packers football team since the city who owned them refused to sell them. Another was ruling the ghost zone and human world which was now almost impossible. The final one however, had disappeared years ago, a son. The perfect son.

The Perfect Halfa son was none other then the son of Maddie and his old friend Jack Fenton. Jack however was not in terms with Vlad to him Jack had been nothing more then a bubbling buffoon, responsible for giving him ghosts powers. Plus when he finally managed to build a real ghost portal, it was Jacks stupidly that ended up with Danny going into the stupid thing and gaining ghost powers becoming in the end a Halfa. A Halfa was what ghosts called human ghost hybrids, someone who can change from human to ghost at will.

He snarled at the thought of Jack Fenton, the only thing he regretted about the man was that he wasn’t the one to kill him. No the Phantom Flames had taken care of that.

The Phantom flames however were the last thing on Vlad Masters mind. Today Vlad was in a frantic mood, hurrying down the halls of his secret base and into the medical wing. He had added on this part to his lab, after the attacks began. He found his wife sitting outside in the hall, in a chair her eyes red from crying in her hands.

‘Maddie what’s all this about?” Vlad asked as his wife stood up and started to weep in his arms, ‘What’s the emergency?”

‘Vlad..they..found him” Maddie cried.

Vlad looked through the window and into the medical room. A young man laid in the bed, an iv drip tapped into his veins on his arms, a heart monitor stuck onto his chest and an oxygen mask covering his mouth and nose. The young man had long shoulder length black hair, which covered half of his face.

Vlad Masters who was hardly ever surprised by anything dropped his cane.

^^^^

Samantha Manson was busy repairing her wrist ghost blaster, her face covered with a large wielders mask while sparks flew as she welded on the back of the tiny watch sized blaster. She didn’t even hear Valerie coming into the lab.

Valerie looked at her girlfriend, she was busy fixing that wrist blaster again. Walking towards her, she stopped and started to play with Sams now blond hair, if she could sam would dye it black once more but she didn’t seem to have time these things. Sam was always working, always keeping herself busy with something.

‘I don’t think that’s gonna get any more fixed Sam” Valerie said.

Sam turned and lifted the mask off her face, still sporting the purple lipstick and thick mascara Sam still looked Goth. She looked at Valerie and gave her a playful kiss on the cheek before setting down the torch.

‘What’s up?” Sam asked, ‘I heard a real noise down the hall”

‘Sam..you better come to the medical room” Valerie said.

‘Is everyone ok?” Sam asked.

‘Everyone’s fine..but..Sam” Valerie said taking a breath, ‘We found Danny”

Samantha’s legs then rushed towards the door, forgetting all about her girlfriend who stood there.

^

Madeline Masters stood there, hanging onto her husband as they watched Danielle come from within Danny’s room. Danny the son she hadn’t seen in over 5 years, the son who was half ghost, the son of her late first husband Jack. In age Maddie’s red hair was now almost fully grey, and her face once beautiful was now filled with wrinkles. She still had gotten rid of the old blue jumpsuit years ago, replacing it with a blue blouse and long knee length black skirt. Yet to have her son back, replaced her despair of the current situation with joy, joy she hadn’t felt since before Jacks death.

‘When?” Vlad asked, ‘Where?”

‘Valerie and Danielle found him while they were sweeping an old guys in white lab building” Maddie said, ‘Oh Vlad what..what was he doing down there?”

‘I don’t know” Vlad said, ‘But we’ll find out when Daniel wakes up”

But really Vlad himself was worried about young Daniel, would he even remember what happened to him when he awoke? More importantly would he remember anything at all?

That’s when Maddie noticed Danny’s hand move. She rushed inside, and held it tightly as she stood beside the bedside. The young mans eyes opened revealing those blue eyes she loved so much to see.

‘Danny oh my god Danny” Maddie said sweeping her son into a hug.

‘Mom?” Danny asked looking at his mother as if he couldn’t believe it.

‘Daniel” Vlad said coming closer.

^^^

When Sam got into the hospital wing, she saw Danielle standing there in front of the door looking inside with a surprised look upon her face.

‘Danielle where..where is he?” Sam asked out of breath.

‘Inside..choking the fruit loop” Danielle said almost too happily.

Sure enough Danny had Vlad on the ground, his hands rapped around his throat. His eyes glowed green as he refused to let go the mans throat. Vlad choked, he couldn’t breath he had to do something before he fainted. Vlad raised his hand, glowing with pink energy and it released onto Daniel’s chest sending him flying backwards just past his mother into the wall. Vlad then got to his knees, kneeling over coughing, breathing in much needed air.

‘Vlad are you alright?” Maddie asked bending down to her husband, then her eyes turned back to her son who was getting to his feet rubbing the back of his head. ‘Danny what were you thinking!!! How could you try and strangle Vlad like that!”

‘Mom get away from him” Danny growled, ‘He’s a psychopath”

‘He’s my husband!” Maddie snapped.

Danny stopped and walked up to his mother, then touched her.

‘No yer not a robot” Danny said, ‘Vlad what the hell did you to my mom? Overshadow her? Clone her?”

‘I didn’t do anything to her!” Vlad said getting to his feet.

‘Danny are you alright?” Maddie asked, ‘I cant believe we finally found you”

Danny found his mother suddenly crying as she hugged him tightly. He was confused, why was she crying so hard. He was alright, he was fine.

‘Mom where’s dad?” Danny asked.

Maddie Masters suddenly broke into tears and Vlad walked over taking his wife in his arms. She sobbed loudly.

‘I’m afraid jack’s dead” Vlad said as he rapped his arms around Maddie.

‘What did you kill him or stage his death Vlad?” Danny growled.

‘Your father was killed by the Halfa’s” Maddie said sobbing still on her second husbands shoulder.

‘Halfa’s?” Danny asked confused now more then ever.

‘Danielle dear” Maddie said trying to control herself as the female cloned halfa entered the room. ‘Show Danny to a guest room dear”

‘Right, come on Danny” Danielle said and took Danny by the hand and lead him out into the hall.

‘Hello Danny” Sam said as Danny stopped and looked at the girl who had crushed on in high school.

‘Who..wait..Sam?” Danny gasped, ‘What..what happened to you? Did your parents hold you down and dye yer hair?”

‘This is my natural hair color” Sam said, ‘Hair dye is hard to come by now a days, and not to mention the time to dye it”

‘Wow..you, changed” Danny said walking towards her, ‘Sam..god I never thought id see you again”

‘Same as me” Samantha said and smiled slightly before throwing her arms around him, and then grabbed him on the shirt and shook him violently, ‘Don’t you ever scare us like that again Danny Fenton!!!”

‘Yea same old Sam” Danny chuckled.

‘Come on we’ll show you to the guest room” Danielle said, ‘Then last on we’ll ask Jazz to drive us to the mall and get you some clothes”

Sam and Danielle slowly lead him passed a lot of rooms, till they came to a staircase. They started up, and soon Danny found himself walking through a fireplace, which lead into Vlads study. Looking around he knew this was Vlads place, mainly because of all the Packer stuff hanging about on the walls and on the bookshelves.

‘Yea, it’s creepy” Sam said, ‘He’s still obsessed with the packers and they still wont sell him the team”

Danny chuckled at this, and then Danielle lead him up into the mansion where they stopped at a door at the third floor up. Opening the door, Danny found himself in a large room with a four poster bed and black floor. The room was simple enough, and had a closet and dresser, along with a mirror night stand. Things looked pretty simple.

‘Id like to be alone for a bit if you guys don’t mind” Danny said turning to his clone and friend.

‘Ok..we’ll come back and check on you later” Danielle said.

Danny watched as they closed the door, and as they did that he walked over collapsing onto the poster bed. He felt so strange, like he wanted to rip someone’s head off. So much had changed, 5 years he was gone. For 5 years the Guys In White had tortured him, locked him away in that damn tank.

‘5 years..” Danny sighed as he sat up, he could now see himself in the dresser mirror. ‘And iv turned into an adult without even realizing it”

That’s when he saw a face in the mirror, the face of a foe that had fought for the last 5 years. Red eyes, flaming white hair, Danny turned away. He could still hear Dan’s laughter even now.

‘Or have I just set myself up for what Dan wanted?”
^

PLEASE REVIEW