Danny Phantom Fan Fiction ❯ Hit Me Hard, Kiss Me Soft ❯ One-Shot

[ A - All Readers ]

I really like writing in this style, and other people like it too, so I'm gonna try it out again.
 
Hit Me Hard, Kiss Me Soft
 
He really thought she was a boy until her parents called her name. She glared beneath the cap that hid her dark hair, tugging at the fabric of her baggy shirt that was far too big for her little form and covered her shorts like a little dress.
 
“Don't ever call me Samantha,” she snapped at him, her lip pushing forward in an angry pout. “It's Sam.”
 
“Tucker,” he answered in his short little squeak, because he was seven years old and easily intimidated. “Or Tuck.”
 
They would play again tomorrow.
 
---
 
She picked up the red beret in the mall, putting it on his head. She grimaced, turning to Danny.
 
“What do you think?” she said with a criticizing look.
 
Danny frowned. “He looks like a nerd.”
 
Tucker glanced in the mirror, grinning wide. “I like it.”
 
She bought it for him.
 
---
 
There was smoke and there was noise and then there was silence. They looked up, trying to see if everything was okay. He felt relief when he saw her standing up, fear in her eyes. He followed her gaze to the lump on the ground, and the fear tightened in him again.
 
---
 
“Ghost powers,” he said, “Cool.”
 
He glanced at Sam with stars in her eyes and then at Danny.
 
“Figures.”
 
---
 
He waved the meat patty in front of her face. She screamed, falling backwards, and he tripped over her boots, landing beside her.
 
Danny called them freaks and they went back to lunch.
 
---
 
He bit into the sandwich then reeled back, gagging.
 
“I told you he wouldn't like it.”
 
She shrugged, holding up the tofu sandwich she'd been forcing him to swallow.
 
“It was still funny to see.”
 
---
 
Catching your friends in awkward positions is always fun.
 
Tuck still didn't understand why he felt something sting inside him when he caught them.
 
---
 
He'd run out of girls to flirt with, so he sidled up to Sam. She slapped him before he could even open his mouth.
 
“What?” he said indignantly.
 
“Don't even try it.”
 
He grinned. “Who said I was going to?”
 
---
 
“He's oblivious, you know,” he said, and she turned red.
 
“Did I say anything?” she snapped quickly, turning away from the visage of Danny fighting another monster.
 
He inched his finger away from hers, watching her leave.
 
“So are you.”
 
---
 
Sam turned abruptly away from the Nasty Burger, stomping across the street.
 
Tucker glanced at Danny and Valerie, snugly fit in a booth, and followed her.
 
---
 
She sobbed into his shoulder, and he thought about it for a moment, playing with her hair. Then he hugged her closer and let her cry some more.
 
It's what friends are for.
 
---
 
She frowned. “He ditched us again.”
 
He said they could go by themselves. She said she wanted to go home.
 
---
 
“You never did listen to me,” he said.
 
That was when he kissed her.
 
---
 
For once it was Danny's turn to catch them in an awkward position. Sam asked why she was always in the middle of it.
 
---
 
“So, uh, college.”
 
“Yeah…”
 
“Well,” Sam said. “This sucks.”
 
---
 
“I don't think I have to worry,” she told Danny. “I'm probably the only girl who's gonna respond to his stupid pick-up lines.”
 
He let her cry and use his phone to call Tucker.
 
---
 
They stared at each other a few minutes before she clung onto him. It was harder to put chairs in cars when you had a girl hanging around your neck.
 
---
 
“Visit me,” she said, and he kissed her. Her lips were wet with tears, and he was still holding his in.
 
“I promise,” he said.
 
He kept it.
 
Notes:
I wanted to end it there because I don't want to write the rest of their lives. To write that kind of drama, I'd need a full fic.
TuckerSam is my new favorite pairing. I'm trying to write more for them.
I need to catch up on DP episodes. I've been missing them lately, and that's not good.
Reviews make babies.
((“I eat babies.”))